Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$75,500,000$61,724,167$1,062,500$1,562,500$13,775,833

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,137,500$4,137,500
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $8,250,000$8,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 7
    $975,000$975,000
    C, RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $3,975,000$3,975,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,125,000$5,125,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 3
    $4,333,333$4,333,333
    C
    UFA - 5
    $2,350,000$2,350,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $2,350,000$2,350,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $975,000$975,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,450,000$1,450,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $2,345,000$2,345,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 6
    $894,167$894,167
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    LD, LW
    UFA - 1
    $975,000$975,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $975,000$975,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 11, 2017 at 1:04 p.m.
    NateElder12
    overpay for Laughton, underpay for Cousins, underpay for Vecchione, underpay for Weal (IMO), awful contract for Ghost...
    Apr. 11, 2017 at 1:24 p.m.
    Quoting: NateElder12
    overpay for Laughton, underpay for Cousins, underpay for Vecchione, underpay for Weal (IMO), awful contract for Ghost...

Really? That much that its worthy not comment it? How much are really talking here? 100 maybe 200K difference for each of those players except for Ghost who would be extremely lucky to get that contract. Not sure why he deserves so much more? Subban got a bridge deal at roughly the same thing. Sure, he went on to win the Norris and really screw MTL after that but we're talking about Ghost here. I don't foresee any Norrises in his future. I think he'd be happy to take a bridge deal at that amount. If its about term, then I agree. Get him signed longer now while he's cheaper as he should only get better from here on out. Still this contract isn't the end of the world.

900 for Laughton isn't that far off base. It could be anyweher from 750-950.
    750 for Cousins is a bit low but nothing more then a 1M should be given. So we're talking 250K difference here.
    975 for Vecchionne seems fine. Not sure what he has leverage to prove otherwise. College is college and NHL is NHL. He hasn't done sh*t in the NHL yet. He's a 24 year old smallish center with virtually no NHL experience.
    975 for Weal is about right. Don't let the small sample size fool you. He wasn't going to keep up that pace all year with Philly. He is the same player he was in LA. A smallish skilled winger/center that can put up decent production given offensive roles only but can't stick with any other role.

As for Ghost, well its tough I guess. His offensive production screams "lock him up long term". His defensive game yells "I need a bridge deal to prove Im not just a M-A Bergeron".
    BStone67 liked this.
    Apr. 11, 2017 at 1:42 p.m.
    Quoting: F50marco

Really? That much that its worthy not comment it? How much are really talking here? 100 maybe 200K difference for each of those players except for Ghost who would be extremely lucky to get that contract. Not sure why he deserves so much more? Subban got a bridge deal at roughly the same thing. Sure, he went on to win the Norris and really screw MTL after that but we're talking about Ghost here. I don't foresee any Norrises in his future. I think he'd be happy to take a bridge deal at that amount. If its about term, then I agree. Get him signed longer now while he's cheaper as he should only get better from here on out. Still this contract isn't the end of the world.

750 for Cousins is a bit low but nothing more then a 1M should be given. So we're talking 250K difference here.
    975 for Vecchionne seems fine. Not sure what he has leverage to prove otherwise. College is college and NHL is NHL. He hasn't done sh*t in the NHL yet. He's a 24 year old smallish center with virtually no NHL experience.
    975 for Weal is about right. Don't let the small sample size fool you. He wasn't going to keep up that pace all year with Philly. He is the same player he was in LA. A smallish skilled winger/center that can put up decent production given offensive roles only but can't stick with any other role.

As for Ghost, well its tough I guess. His offensive production screams "lock him up long term". His defensive game yells "I need a bridge deal to prove Im not just a M-A Bergeron".

Perfect explanation, honestly. I wouldn't give Ghost a long term, 5+ million deal until he showed defensive ability.
    I think that this is a good roster, the only thing I'd have a problem with his VGK taking Matt Read instead of a younger player, so I see possible compensation needed heading the other way, but a solid roster with no outrageous signings and no outrageous deals.
    Also five stars for someone deciding to stay the course for a team rather than blowing it away because of personal bias or their team didn't make the playoffs.
    goldie078 and CaptJosef liked this.
    Apr. 11, 2017 at 2:02 p.m.
    Prixski
    Pretty much what I've been thinking. Those small contracts are tough to nail down and any over/under payments probably come out in the wash. As for lineups, Vecchione will play C and Laughton will likely play wing in the NHL even though he's playing C in the AHL this year. Ghost plays right and I think he'll get paired with Morin but I guess we'll find out soon enough. It'll be interesting to see who LVG takes from Read/Weise/Cousins/Laughton/Raffl but it won't dramatically effect the roster either way. Agreed that Lindblom starts the year with LHV, maybe gets called up mid-season due to injury. Overall nicely done. Stay the course.
    Apr. 11, 2017 at 2:54 p.m.
    NateElder12
    Edited Apr. 11, 2017 at 3:41 p.m.

yeah Marco it is significant because Weal and Vecchione are UFAs/RFAs looking for money (Vecchione) so they have more leverage. Weal is looking at probably 1.3-1.5M and Vecchione would have signed a deal longer than 3 days if he wanted to keep making 900k so you have to assume he's looking for over 1M. Then Cousins is easily going to make over PEBs so probably the 1.4-1.7 range. Laughton is an overpay for the fact that he might not even be on the roster next season so why does he even get a raise as a RFA with no leverage? Giving Ghost a bridge deal screams prepare to lose him at the end of the contract, and if you watch Flyers game you know his defense is not near as bad as the media or a casual fan wants you to believe. If the Flyers give him a short bridge deal they will lose him when he becomes a UFA so yes enough to comment again.
    Apr. 11, 2017 at 6:07 p.m.
    Flyers! / LAK GM V2

yeah Marco it is significant because Weal and Vecchione are UFAs/RFAs looking for money (Vecchione) so they have more leverage. Weal is looking at probably 1.3-1.5M and Vecchione would have signed a deal longer than 3 days if he wanted to keep making 900k so you have to assume he's looking for over 1M. Then Cousins is easily going to make over PEBs so probably the 1.4-1.7 range. Laughton is an overpay for the fact that he might not even be on the roster next season so why does he even get a raise as a RFA with no leverage? Giving Ghost a bridge deal screams prepare to lose him at the end of the contract, and if you watch Flyers game you know his defense is not near as bad as the media or a casual fan wants you to believe. If the Flyers give him a short bridge deal they will lose him when he becomes a UFA so yes enough to comment again.

I wouldn't call the contracts over or underpayments for Cousins/Laughton/Weal/Veccihone. Here's why.

1) Cousins doesn't have a spot on this team anymore after PEB signed. He either wont be here or in the NHL.

2) Vecchione has played 2 games. He shouldn't get more than the max amount covered if he doesn't make the team.

3) I know everyone loves Weal, myself included. However, if he wants his salary more than doubled for >25 games played, he wont be back. .975-1.1 should be enough to keep him.

4) Laughton I'll give you. He probably won't get that much, maybe closer to what he's making now.

As for Ghost, if I'm him, I don't sign long term deal. He knows his play will improve next year, so he should bet on himself to get more money. Could he get more on a bridge deal, maybe. But he's not getting, and shouldn't want a long term deal (IMO)
    Apr. 11, 2017 at 7:24 p.m.
    I completely agree with NateElder on all of these cases, especially with the idea of giving Ghost a ton of leverage with a bridge deal. Lock him up for 4-5 years for around 3.75mil-4mil AAV. He can be a defensive liability at times, but the offense is there, and with players like Morin and Provorov, the defense and offense will balance out. The Weal deal is spot on, and Vechhione should be looking to get paid that amount for two years. Laughton was a clear overpay, and Cousins, IMO, is better than Raffl and Laughton, so there will be a spot for him in the lineup next year.

the ppl who commented on how ghost is overpaid are probably the same ppl who listen to 97.5 from 2-6 on weekdays.

one thing ill add is that the team will not make the playoffs unless they resign Mason.
    NateElder12 liked this.
    Apr. 12, 2017 at 7:48 a.m.

And
    Quoting: phillyjabroni
    I completely agree with NateElder on all of these cases, especially with the idea of giving Ghost a ton of leverage with a bridge deal. Lock him up for 4-5 years for around 3.75mil-4mil AAV. He can be a defensive liability at times, but the offense is there, and with players like Morin and Provorov, the defense and offense will balance out. The Weal deal is spot on, and Vechhione should be looking to get paid that amount for two years. Laughton was a clear overpay, and Cousins, IMO, is better than Raffl and Laughton, so there will be a spot for him in the lineup next year.

the ppl who commented on how ghost is overpaid are probably the same ppl who listen to 97.5 from 2-6 on weekdays.

one thing ill add is that the team will not make the playoffs unless they resign Mason.

I disagree. In the case of Ghost he's either taking the deal used here (maybe a 500k more) for two years so he still has 1 year of RFA left before the big money deal or he takes a 6-7 year deal between $4 - 5m similar to the Kilngberg deal. Personally I'd try and sign him to the latter but that's the two scenarios.

I agree Weal is getting more as has plenty of bargaining power as he's a UFA. I'd have though a 1 year deal on about $2-2.5m.

Laughton has to be qualified which means we have to offer him AT LEAST $874,125 or he can reject it and become a UFA. Cousins is in the same boat but ever so slightly more. Neither players are automatically in the lineup so I wouldn't expect any significant raises - certainly not up to Bellemare money (the guy played every game and was named assistant captain - regardless of talent level / fans assessment the organisation like him a lot).

Vecchione is in a similar boat but I think a deal was probably discussed when we signed him. He's and RFA, but had some power in those original signing negotiations. His deal is probably about right perhaps up to $1.5m.

The only thing I'd think will be different is that Lindblom is in the NHL over Laughton. Vechione will definitely start at centre too - we bought in Gordon last season to win 4th line draws but he was naff at every aspect of hockey, Vecchione is more skilled and way better at faceoffs than any other potential 4th line centre we have. I would agree that if it's Neuvirth / Stolarz in net the Flyers will struggle. And I think management knows that too.
    NateElder12 liked this.
    Apr. 12, 2017 at 10:02 a.m.
    Flyers! / LAK GM V2

I would give Ghost the Klingberg deal in a heartbeat and that would at the very least be the starting point if they want to sign him long term. But I don't think HE takes it because he knows he can, and will, get more money by betting on himself and taking a bridge deal now. If anything sign him to a 2 year deal worth about 7 mil, give him 2.5 in salary next year and 4.5 the following year as a starting point for his next contract.

I will also agree that if Mason isn't here, they likely will not make the playoffs. He was the best goalie we've had all year. I also don't blame him for not wanting to be here and being stuck in a timeshare with Neuvirth. If he's here to mentor Stolarz or Lyon as a back-up, then i think the playoffs aren't as much of a longshot.
    NateElder12 liked this.
    Apr. 12, 2017 at 10:40 a.m.
    NateElder12

haha but doesn't 97.5 know every? Missanelli is worthless lol...
    jeplaza14 liked this.
    Apr. 12, 2017 at 1:39 p.m.

Weal and Vecchione have ZER0 leverage though! Are you saying that another team like MTL will offer them higher salaries? Not a chance. Your too invested in Flyers players Nate. Weal is a exactly what I said he is. Find me any comparable to Weal and Vecchione getting raises into the 1M+ range. Please.

Cousins getting 1.7M?? Are you out of your mind. Once again. He's RFA . He hasn't done all that much in the NHL yet. If he does come back he'll be a 4th liner on this team. Where are you getting these comparables from??? PEB to the surprise of Flyers fans is an NHL vet with experience and defensive acumen. Played in the world cup also. Not trying to overly pump his tires here but he has earned his big pay cheque of 1.4M. Cousins has not.

For Laughton maybe your right, my point was only to say that we're talking about 100K difference here. Its not even worth mentioning.

As for Ghost, he'll be RFA at the end of this bridge deal. Whats the worry here? You can't lose him.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll