SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Who wants a 3way

Created by: Snowball
Published: Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:28 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 40/200 (20%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Chychrun, JakobArizona CoyotesNHL-$920,000111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Studnicka, JackWaivers ExemptBoston BruinsMinor-$0011---0000--
Lysell, FabianWaivers ExemptBoston BruinsJunior-$0011---0000--
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the Boston BruinsBOS)---100------
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Florida PanthersFLA)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$6,708,34923446651413
Change$920,000-111200
Final$7,628,349 (↑)22 (↓)45 (↑)67 (↑)7 (↑)1413000

Logo of the Boston BruinsBoston Bruins

Coincident TransactionInitial StatusNew StatusCap Hit ChangeRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Frödén, JesperNHLMinor-$168,500-1-----------
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Studnicka, JackWaivers ExemptBoston BruinsMinor-$0011---0000--
Lysell, FabianWaivers ExemptBoston BruinsJunior-$0011---0000--
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the Boston BruinsBOS)---100------
2023 3rd round pick (Logo of the Boston BruinsBOS)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Lundell, AntonWaivers ExemptFlorida PanthersNHL-$185,000111---0000--
Initial$1,007,3262344663611
Change-$16,5000-1-1-1-10
Final$990,826 (↓)2343 (↓)65 (↓)2 (↓)5 (↓)11000

Logo of the Florida PanthersFlorida Panthers

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $2,700,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: -$1,145,014
Lundell, AntonWaivers ExemptFlorida PanthersNHL-$925,000111---0000--
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Florida PanthersFLA)---100------
Chychrun, JakobArizona CoyotesNHL-$4,600,000111---0000--
2023 3rd round pick (Logo of the Boston BruinsBOS)---010------
Initial$3,845,0142342633414
Change-$3,675,000000-110
Final$170,014 (↓)2342632 (↓)5 (↑)14000
Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:28 p.m.
Ok so just throwing this out there as rough idea. Pieces could be changed a little with main things going to respected teams
BOS: Lundell
ARI: Lysell, (2) first rounders
FLA: Chychrun

And yes I know this is Two divisional teams working to help each other so unlikely but hey can’t hurt to try

BOS gives up quiet a bit here but ultimately gets one of the top C prospects in the league currently, addressing their center issues while not totally destroying future

So I’m guessing ARI would want really young prospects or high picks more then NHL players with the future being so uncertain and looking like a rebuild coming in there but idk!
So ARI gets top prospect and two first for Chychrun along with studs who’s potential 2C still (don’t care what people say he’s still got potential as a great two way center and just as some can say he’s not a 2C cause he hasn’t proven it yet same can be said they he could be a 2C because he hasn’t been giving a chance to prove it yet) and at the very worst a plenty capable 3C for future but again studs could be changed for a different prospect all together maybe a D prospect or something that was more desirable. Can pretty well rule out a goalie prospect coming to ARI though as BOS isn’t willing to part with Sway and FLA isn’t parting with Knight

FLA gets there top pair LD, young and under team control for foreseeable future all cheaper then if they went to acquire him themselves. They give up a first with Lundell but get the top LHD trade target of the season with term to solidify cup contention for years and a third back just to make it not hurt so bad

So again some pieces may have to change a little, maybe add a few picks or some other mid level prospects to round the deals out but should be a decent starting point for all teams involved. May have to add a little more to ARI to make it more appealing, maybe FLA throws in prospect but BOS changes to 2nd round instead of 3rd back to FLA if that’s the case or something like that or maybe BOS keeps 3rd and throws in a middle prospect to FLA for playoff depth someone with a little nhl expirence (froden for forward or Lewington for D) something like that so FLA has extra depth piece on two way deal for playoffs idk
Or maybe JD gets thrown in from BOS as sweetner with ARI throwing in a third to BOS or maybe they add some more pieces to this. Crouse to BOS for another 2nd and JD or something ( yes I know Crouse is reportedly staying in ARI)

Let me know your thoughts and how this could be tinkered with a little bit to work or whatever
Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:42 p.m.
Boston is straight up not having a good time in this 3way...
Snowball and Hobo liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: BruinsFan93
Boston is straight up not having a good time in this 3way...

LOL nope no fun at all, trading for a top C prospect isn’t going to be fun no matter how it gets played with 🤭😉

Do you have any ideas how to address BOS center situation?

As I’ve thought about it there’s about three ways “ hahaha no pun intended there I swear”

1st: BOS signs FA Hertl possibly, to say 6 years and 8-8.5m hopefully, I’m assuming he wants more term then that but at 29yo I really don’t want to offer up more then that

2nd: BOS signs a 30+ center, say Giroux or Pavs maybe, hopefully to 3-4 year contract, Cause again I don’t really want to be paying 7-8m+ for 35+ yo, but that put BOS through the marsh hall contracts and leaves us probably without them, and berg and probably honestly having to trade Pasta as hell be pushing 30. While also leaving us with a 28yo Mac and headed for what I would say would be a massive rebuild

Or 3rd: which is basically what this trade is, going out and paying top dollar for a future top C thats young, (doesn’t have to Lundell but not sure how many more top Young C’s are going to be willing to be moved) and we retool around sway in the crease, Mac on the back end, Carlo and Vak are still good top 4 pieces to keep, and pasta and “Center X” aka Lundell in this example.

Idk that’s all I could really come up with but am just trying to see where other BOS fans think they should be headed

And obviously Berg coming back or not plays huge part in this and BOS path aswell
Mar. 3, 2022 at 1:20 p.m.
Banned
I’d give that up for chychrun.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 1:32 p.m.
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
I’d give that up for chychrun.

Sorry I actually meant to send you link in the other post to get your input on this one, as it’s kinda a spin off from that.

Could be possible for sure, like we’ve already gone over in other post. There are a few options to address BOS center issues but this should honestly be a legitimate path to explore. Maybe not the best path but still a viable one IMO
Mar. 3, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Snowball
Sorry I actually meant to send you link in the other post to get your input on this one, as it’s kinda a spin off from that.

Could be possible for sure, like we’ve already gone over in other post. There are a few options to address BOS center issues but this should honestly be a legitimate path to explore. Maybe not the best path but still a viable one IMO

Trading two firsts, lysell, and debrusk for a guy that has under 50 games in North America is a non starter for me. There have been plenty of players that have gotten off to a hot start and haven’t taken the next step.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 2:26 p.m.
One of he better three ways I have seen. Everybody gives something and everybody gets something special.
Snowball liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 2:37 p.m.
Sir
Bruins take a pass on this one. JC is a good player for sure and he was fun to watch in the O as well as the NHL no, but not at the cost of Lysell, Studs and 2 first rounders. Bruins can't mortgage that for 1 asset. They would be better served trying to lock in Hampus from the Ducks vs this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 3:59 p.m.
Quoting: Hobo
Bruins take a pass on this one. JC is a good player for sure and he was fun to watch in the O as well as the NHL no, but not at the cost of Lysell, Studs and 2 first rounders. Bruins can't mortgage that for 1 asset. They would be better served trying to lock in Hampus from the Ducks vs this.

BOS only gives one first, FLA gives the other, and BOS isnt keeping Chychrun, we’re getting a top C prospect in Lundell
Mar. 3, 2022 at 4:03 p.m.
Quoting: Creagentuirc
One of he better three ways I have seen. Everybody gives something and everybody gets something special.

Thanks man, tried to keep it pretty fair. It’s not perfect I’m sure but with little work I think it could honestly benefit every team involved. And like I said definitely it is a steep price for BOS but if Lundell pans out to his potential then would actually be relatively cheap in the long run and if he doesn’t then well my tenure as GM would be very short lived 😂
Mar. 3, 2022 at 4:16 p.m.
Lundell alone is more valuable than Chychrun. The Panthers wouldn't do this even without giving up that 1st
Mar. 3, 2022 at 4:18 p.m.
Quoting: RaZZe
Lundell alone is more valuable than Chychrun. The Panthers wouldn't do this even without giving up that 1st

LOL ok man
Mar. 3, 2022 at 4:20 p.m.
LOL ok man

A 20-year-old top6 two-way center who plays for free for the next two seasons vs a guy who has been good for exactly one season.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 4:21 p.m.
Quoting: RaZZe
A 20-year-old top6 two-way center who plays for free for the next two seasons vs a guy who has been good for exactly one season.

K man
Mar. 3, 2022 at 4:44 p.m.
Arizona cuts Boston out of this deal and goes and gets lundell themselves
Mar. 3, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
Quoting: Yotes269
Arizona cuts Boston out of this deal and goes and gets lundell themselves

They’re not getting two first and a top prospect and another prospect/or young nhl player from FLA, if FLA offered that they would of already taken it
Mar. 3, 2022 at 7:04 p.m.
They’re not getting two first and a top prospect and another prospect/or young nhl player from FLA, if FLA offered that they would of already taken it

Arizona takes lundell and a 1st and runs. They don’t need the Boston 1st or studnicka, lundell is more valuable than lysell, and the 1sts cancel out. I’d rather have lundell than lysell and studnicka which is what this boils down to for Arizona. They cut Boston out
Mar. 3, 2022 at 7:14 p.m.
Arizona takes lundell and a 1st and runs. They don’t need the Boston 1st or studnicka, lundell is more valuable than lysell, and the 1sts cancel out. I’d rather have lundell than lysell and studnicka which is what this boils down to for Arizona. They cut Boston out

It’s already been rumored that ARI wanted Lundell, first + from FLA and Zito hung up the phone sooooo…..
Mar. 3, 2022 at 7:24 p.m.
It’s already been rumored that ARI wanted Lundell, first + from FLA and Zito hung up the phone sooooo…..

So how does this 3 way trade do anything for anyone then? Arizona has a top line winger in the WHL playing far better than lysell, and if they can’t get lundell what exactly is the point of this? Boston has the 3rd most valuable package in this deal and somehow ends up with arguably the most valuable player while Arizona goes from having quality to quantity? The trade doesn’t work, they wouldn’t do chychrun for the Boston package, and Florida won’t do lundell for chychrun, so it all falls apart is my entire point. Boston would never end up with lundell under any circumstances
Mar. 3, 2022 at 7:56 p.m.
Edited Mar. 3, 2022 at 8:13 p.m.
So how does this 3 way trade do anything for anyone then? Arizona has a top line winger in the WHL playing far better than lysell, and if they can’t get lundell what exactly is the point of this? Boston has the 3rd most valuable package in this deal and somehow ends up with arguably the most valuable player while Arizona goes from having quality to quantity? The trade doesn’t work, they wouldn’t do chychrun for the Boston package, and Florida won’t do lundell for chychrun, so it all falls apart is my entire point. Boston would never end up with lundell under any circumstances

Ok so ARI cuts BOS out or the trade just falls apart which one is it?

A simple constructive response would have been “ hey don’t think ARI has any interest in a RW as they drafted a pretty damn good one this year and have one already in the NHL”

Then I could of said “ O snap my bad, I didn’t realize that, what do you think ARI needs for a position prospect wise?”

See and then we could of worked together to find a common solution to make everyone happy, but I guess it’s for the better cause anyone who believes Lysell and 2 first rounders is quantity over quality obviously doesn’t have a grasp on reality
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:13 p.m.
Sir
BOS only gives one first, FLA gives the other, and BOS isnt keeping Chychrun, we’re getting a top C prospect in Lundell

Sorry miss read that - either way not sure I would move Studs, Lysell, 1st and a 3rd for Lundell. My bad on the original post brother.
Snowball liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:52 p.m.
Quoting: Hobo
Sorry miss read that - either way not sure I would move Studs, Lysell, 1st and a 3rd for Lundell. My bad on the original post brother.

All good man! And ya it’s a lot of pieces but he’s one of the top C prospects in the league right now, and 20 yo and has 2 years left at sub 1m so he wouldn’t be cheap. And honestly is a little gamble as he is projected to be a top C but is currently playing 3rd line so matching up against that usually so that could be inflating his numbers a little bit with no PP time or very very little, all his goals(12) have come at 5v5 so that’s got to count for something. And like I said in a n earlier post if he actually turns into a top C then this price is very reasonable but if he does not for some reason then my tenure as GM would be very short lived 😂
Mar. 4, 2022 at 10:49 a.m.
Sir
All good man! And ya it’s a lot of pieces but he’s one of the top C prospects in the league right now, and 20 yo and has 2 years left at sub 1m so he wouldn’t be cheap. And honestly is a little gamble as he is projected to be a top C but is currently playing 3rd line so matching up against that usually so that could be inflating his numbers a little bit with no PP time or very very little, all his goals(12) have come at 5v5 so that’s got to count for something. And like I said in a n earlier post if he actually turns into a top C then this price is very reasonable but if he does not for some reason then my tenure as GM would be very short lived 😂

I am a big Lundell fan as well and would love to see him in Bruins colours and the fact Florida is so deep they can let him develop as a true center with Duclair and Verhaeghe is nice to see. There is a give to get for sure, but the way Lysell is adapting to the North American rinks in the WHL right now is good to see. I get his is a winger and 2 years younger than (Lysell that is), but the upside is a breath of fresh air that almost reminds you of Pasta in the Juniors for his draft year.

That being said, with the Panthers cap struggles I think for next year (I think saw somewhere it said 15 roster players and only like 4.9 million cap space to sign 8 players) essentially makes Lundell untouchable no matter the package.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll