Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,550,000$1,550,000
LD
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 13, 2022 at 7:17 p.m.
MTL isn’t doing that
Monahan doesn’t have value for us if we can’t flip him for a high pick and a 2nd doesn’t do anything
Mar. 13, 2022 at 7:21 p.m.
Dube only a third? Flames fans feel free to chime in. I’ve always liked dube, did he take a step back this year?
Mar. 13, 2022 at 7:32 p.m.
CGY
Quoting: The_Cannon
Dube only a third? Flames fans feel free to chime in. I’ve always liked dube, did he take a step back this year?

I think he's been unlucky this year. The point totals should be a little higher. That being said, I don't think Sutter is a huge fan of his game.

If the Flames are able to extend all their guys, I think Dube is on his way out, along with Monahan
Friendly_Cannon and Ftksmartie liked this.
Mar. 13, 2022 at 7:50 p.m.
Dube is worth way more than a 3rd
Ftksmartie liked this.
Mar. 13, 2022 at 7:59 p.m.
Quoting: ItWasIn
I think he's been unlucky this year. The point totals should be a little higher. That being said, I don't think Sutter is a huge fan of his game.

If the Flames are able to extend all their guys, I think Dube is on his way out, along with Monahan

Thank you for the input where do you see dube and monahan’s value? Does Sean have positive value? Just trying to gauge where they are at.
Mar. 13, 2022 at 8:07 p.m.
CGY
Quoting: The_Cannon
Thank you for the input where do you see dube and monahan’s value? Does Sean have positive value? Just trying to gauge where they are at.

I think Dube would have some value around the league. He's still young enough where I think a team would believe he has some upside. I think a 2nd for Dube would be the ask from the Flames.

Monahan is a tough one. Like Dube, he's probably been unlucky and the numbers should be slightly better. I wouldn't expect much in return as the Flames won't be willing to retain because they'll need every nickle of Monahan's 6.3 off the books.
Mar. 13, 2022 at 8:58 p.m.
Quoting: GMs
MTL isn’t doing that
Monahan doesn’t have value for us if we can’t flip him for a high pick and a 2nd doesn’t do anything

Montreal get 4,5 millions Cap relief the next 2 season. Monahan is there for the tanking season in Montreal to win Connor Bedard lottery. Dvorak is expendable and clearly aren’t in Hugues and Gorton long term plan. Monahan could benefit from a fresh start and having more ice time so he raise is stock and he is traded at the deadline for other compensation.
Mar. 13, 2022 at 9:06 p.m.
Quoting: Joblow
Montreal get 4,5 millions Cap relief the next 2 season. Monahan is there for the tanking season in Montreal to win Connor Bedard lottery. Dvorak is expendable and clearly aren’t in Hugues and Gorton long term plan. Monahan could benefit from a fresh start and having more ice time so he raise is stock and he is traded at the deadline for other compensation.

Dvorak will play probably at least another year with MTL before Hughes/Gorton move forward because you are right he isn’t fast to be part of the future
Mar. 13, 2022 at 9:15 p.m.
Dvorak will play probably at least another year with MTL before Hughes/Gorton move forward because you are right he isn’t fast to be part of the future

He might very be with Montreal next season. But personally i would care if he where traded this offseason. I wasn’t a fan of that traded and still isn’t. If they would land Monahan and free up that cap space for the upcoming year i would be ok with that. We can probably find another team that would be interest in. The Rangers might need a replacement for Strome. Ottawa might be interested to.
Mar. 13, 2022 at 10:29 p.m.
He might very be with Montreal next season. But personally i would care if he where traded this offseason. I wasn’t a fan of that traded and still isn’t. If they would land Monahan and free up that cap space for the upcoming year i would be ok with that. We can probably find another team that would be interest in. The Rangers might need a replacement for Strome. Ottawa might be interested to.

Dvorak is a really good 3C that we thought could be a solid 2C
Right now he hasn’t played like one, but he was playing under Ducharme. Everyone sucks under Ducharme aside Suzuki & Lehkonen
Mar. 13, 2022 at 10:40 p.m.
Dvorak is a really good 3C that we thought could be a solid 2C
Right now he hasn’t played like one, but he was playing under Ducharme. Everyone sucks under Ducharme aside Suzuki & Lehkonen

I know about Dvorak, and he was playing a lot better when he got injured. I still think that the sooner the get rid of him the best it will be. 2023 and 2024 is a very promising UFA class. Dropping salary will be the priority for Hugues and he might have to sell lower on some players. The cap space is in fact a very valuable asset so even if the Habs don’t open high pick and prospect they get Cap relief. I guess will see this offseason which direction we will be headed
Mar. 13, 2022 at 11:04 p.m.
I know about Dvorak, and he was playing a lot better when he got injured. I still think that the sooner the get rid of him the best it will be. 2023 and 2024 is a very promising UFA class. Dropping salary will be the priority for Hugues and he might have to sell lower on some players. The cap space is in fact a very valuable asset so even if the Habs don’t open high pick and prospect they get Cap relief. I guess will see this offseason which direction we will be headed

Get rid of a good player making only 4.45M when we aren’t trying to compete and he is young. The fu*k
Mar. 13, 2022 at 11:17 p.m.
Get rid of a good player making only 4.45M when we aren’t trying to compete and he is young. The fu*k

Yes get rid of a good players that could free up 4,5 millions. Pitlick could take Dvorak spot for a third of is salary. And at least he have a possible futur with Montreal. Poehling would also need to get a role upgrade to see what he can do. Dvorak is expendable. I rather have cap space to sign a bigger fish then keeping Dvorak who was brought in in a desperate mather.
Mar. 13, 2022 at 11:30 p.m.
Yes get rid of a good players that could free up 4,5 millions. Pitlick could take Dvorak spot for a third of is salary. And at least he have a possible futur with Montreal. Poehling would also need to get a role upgrade to see what he can do. Dvorak is expendable. I rather have cap space to sign a bigger fish then keeping Dvorak who was brought in in a desperate mather.

Get rid of Hoffman Drouin Armia and if it’s possible Gallagher, but our center depth is Suzuki Dvorak Evans & Poehling
Our left side should be Caufield Pitlick and Lehkonen if we keeps him
The right side Anderson Gallagher for now Ylönen
If we draft Wright or Cooley, you keep Dvorak for mentoring Poehling & Evans until Wright or Cooley is NHL ready (2C)
Mar. 13, 2022 at 11:47 p.m.
Get rid of Hoffman Drouin Armia and if it’s possible Gallagher, but our center depth is Suzuki Dvorak Evans & Poehling
Our left side should be Caufield Pitlick and Lehkonen if we keeps him
The right side Anderson Gallagher for now Ylönen
If we draft Wright or Cooley, you keep Dvorak for mentoring Poehling & Evans until Wright or Cooley is NHL ready (2C)

You won’t make me change my mind. The earlier Dvorak is gone the better it is. He is not part of the futur and doesn’t fit the philosophy of Hugues and Gorton. Hoffman And Armia will be much more harder to trade and might very well cost us too trade them. Drouin is gone by the end of next season just like i said earlier. Dvorak is probably one of the few one who will attract interest around the league. Why did you think they traded Toffoli before all other non performing guy’s. Because he was the only valuable players. If the Habs have to trade Dvorak to gain cap space then do what ever it take. As for Poehling Evans Cooley or Wright or whatever centerman they will have in the upcoming season they will be much better to look at Suzuki a mentor then at Dvorak. I would trade everyone not name Caufield, Suzuki, Anderson, Romanov and Edmundson all other are expendable. Some less then other bit with the right offer they should be dealt. If Hugues and Gorton follow their guide line and want to make a long term successful team that the way to go. I rather have the young players having more ice time.
Mar. 14, 2022 at 7:05 a.m.
You won’t make me change my mind. The earlier Dvorak is gone the better it is. He is not part of the futur and doesn’t fit the philosophy of Hugues and Gorton. Hoffman And Armia will be much more harder to trade and might very well cost us too trade them. Drouin is gone by the end of next season just like i said earlier. Dvorak is probably one of the few one who will attract interest around the league. Why did you think they traded Toffoli before all other non performing guy’s. Because he was the only valuable players. If the Habs have to trade Dvorak to gain cap space then do what ever it take. As for Poehling Evans Cooley or Wright or whatever centerman they will have in the upcoming season they will be much better to look at Suzuki a mentor then at Dvorak. I would trade everyone not name Caufield, Suzuki, Anderson, Romanov and Edmundson all other are expendable. Some less then other bit with the right offer they should be dealt. If Hugues and Gorton follow their guide line and want to make a long term successful team that the way to go. I rather have the young players having more ice time.

So you want to trade Dvorak so we can roll Suzuki Pitlick Poehling/Evans at C (you can throw in Dauphin he earns a NHL contract)
Mar. 14, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
So you want to trade Dvorak so we can roll Suzuki Pitlick Poehling/Evans at C (you can throw in Dauphin he earns a NHL contract)

Yes that exactly what i would do. Pitlick have been pretty good since joining Mtl and St. Louis seem to really want him to play center. If by the end of the year he show that he i able to play a offensive role on the second line i would roll him over Dvorak. Then Evans and Poehling could split duty on the third fourth line with Dauphin as the 13 forward. I don’t expect the Habs to be in playoff contention next year so i would really like to see the team making room for the young players. Armia, Drouin, Byron, Dvorak could all be move that i would care less. Make room and give Harvey Pinard some playing time, Ylonen. They still have Gallagher, Edmundson and Price that have enough leadership to mentor those players. Suzuki also seem to be pretty mature and gaining a lot of respect in the dressing room.
But i trust Hugues and Gorton to make the best decision for The Canadiens.
Mar. 14, 2022 at 4:40 p.m.
Yes that exactly what i would do. Pitlick have been pretty good since joining Mtl and St. Louis seem to really want him to play center. If by the end of the year he show that he i able to play a offensive role on the second line i would roll him over Dvorak. Then Evans and Poehling could split duty on the third fourth line with Dauphin as the 13 forward. I don’t expect the Habs to be in playoff contention next year so i would really like to see the team making room for the young players. Armia, Drouin, Byron, Dvorak could all be move that i would care less. Make room and give Harvey Pinard some playing time, Ylonen. They still have Gallagher, Edmundson and Price that have enough leadership to mentor those players. Suzuki also seem to be pretty mature and gaining a lot of respect in the dressing room.
But i trust Hugues and Gorton to make the best decision for The Canadiens.

If we do what you are saying we aren’t bad enough for a bottom pick
Mar. 14, 2022 at 5:40 p.m.
If we do what you are saying we aren’t bad enough for a bottom pick

With the lottery there no guarantee that finishing last will end up in first pick. And next year i don’t see the Habs finishing in front of any Atlantic team. Buffalo have taken a big step with their young guns and will have a highly talented Owen Power, John J peterka and Jack Quinn. Ottawa will get healthy and will have a boost of youth coming to gave more help. Detroit will be competitive next year, Edvinsson is coming in America, and they have a lots of cap space to maybe attract a star players. And Montreal can’t even be compare to Florida, Boston, Toronto and Tampa bay. In the Metro Philadelphia will get healthier, Columbus have a lot a very promising prospect ( Kent Johnson), New Jersey will be competitive but probably not a playoff team. Islanders are a interrogation. Washington, Pittsburgh, Rangers, Carolina are all serious contender again.
The west is more interesting, if the Hawks trade Kane and Toews they will suck terribly, Arizona are gonna suck too, and in the pacific there’s only Seattle that will be terrible. I see the habs as a bottom 5 team next year so they will get a great players even if they don’t get Bedard or Mitchkov. But with Chiarot out, a couple of youngsters on the defense and a offense that will still have issues scoring goal with regularity, i can’t see them doing better.
GMs liked this.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 12:58 a.m.
Quoting: ItWasIn
I think Dube would have some value around the league. He's still young enough where I think a team would believe he has some upside. I think a 2nd for Dube would be the ask from the Flames.

Monahan is a tough one. Like Dube, he's probably been unlucky and the numbers should be slightly better. I wouldn't expect much in return as the Flames won't be willing to retain because they'll need every nickle of Monahan's 6.3 off the books.

He's shown way too much potential and skill in previous seasons for Calgary to sell low on him now, it's like when DeBrincat went though his year 3 slump then bounced back in year 4 to be a top 5 goal scorer in the league. I am not saying Dube will be that good, just using a more well known example of a player having a single down year after showing high potential early in their career. I expect Dube to bounce back and be a ~40+ point player next year

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll