SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Inactive GM Discussion

Is everyone ok with Jmac becoming Nashville head gm and DirtyRebounds becoming Dallas Head GM? The inactives will be demoted to assistants.
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 23, 2017 at 3:07 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: ricochetii
I would have given Dallas until tomorrow night, as that would make it a full week and his most active period so far has been a few hours on a Monday.
I'm okay with what everyone has seemed to have decided though, as once a week isn't enough activity to manage a team in my opinion.

I'd like to have a standard set from this point out as well, as a rule, so we aren't stuck debating should another GM go inactive.
-----

GM Activity:

1. GM's must show activity at least once every 5 days. A simple post to say "Hi!" in the Master Thread is enough.
2. GM's will be replaced 7 days from the time of their last post in the GM Game.
3. Replacements will be selected from available Assistant GM's in order of seniority, provided the Assistant GM is active.
4. If a GM is removed and later returns, he will be permitted to become an Assistant to the new GM.
5. If you have an upcoming period of inactivity, and will not be able to participate for a period of time, edit the name of your team, with a brief reason (1-3 words) and an expected return date. Put a post in your thread if you wish to explain your absence further.

While not a rule, failing to respond to multiple offers can have a negative impact on your "reputation" as a GM. Do your best not to let proposals build up in your team thread without a response. It has a negative impact on the flow of the game, and may become a factor when we encounter time sensitive issues.

-----

I just wrote that quickly, so take a careful look and decide it those rules work.

Bump. If these rules are accepted, Nashville is replaced now and Dallas is replaced Monday at 1:03 pm.
See here https://www.capfriendly.com/users/bwish13/posts for his last post date/time. That is the time he will be replaced.

Put the rules part in the first post Matt?

Yes I'll copy these into the first post.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 3:11 p.m.
I would have given Dallas until tomorrow night, as that would make it a full week and his most active period so far has been a few hours on a Monday.
I'm okay with what everyone has seemed to have decided though, as once a week isn't enough activity to manage a team in my opinion.

I'd like to have a standard set from this point out as well, as a rule, so we aren't stuck debating should another GM go inactive.
-----

GM Activity:

1. GM's must show activity at least once every 5 days. A simple post to say "Hi!" in the Master Thread is enough.
2. GM's will be replaced 7 days from the time of their last post in the GM Game.
3. Replacements will be selected from available Assistant GM's in order of seniority, provided the Assistant GM is active.
4. If a GM is removed and later returns, he will be permitted to become an Assistant to the new GM.
5. If you have an upcoming period of inactivity, and will not be able to participate for a period of time, edit the name of your team, with a brief reason (1-3 words) and an expected return date. Put a post in your thread if you wish to explain your absence further.

While not a rule, failing to respond to multiple offers can have a negative impact on your "reputation" as a GM. Do your best not to let proposals build up in your team thread without a response. It has a negative impact on the flow of the game, and may become a factor when we encounter time sensitive issues.

-----

I just wrote that quickly, so take a careful look and decide it those rules work.

Bump. If these rules are accepted, Nashville is replaced now and Dallas is replaced Monday at 1:03 pm.
See here https://www.capfriendly.com/users/bwish13/posts for his last post date/time. That is the time he will be replaced.

Put the rules part in the first post Matt?

Sounds good to me too.

Also regarding rules, all a GM has to do is leave a status on his Team name thread and its fine if they aren't on for a while. It's fine, sometimes we won't have time to be on this site for a week but at least give people the courtesy of letting them know why.

Ex: GM Game - Florida Panthers (On vacation, won't be on for 2 weeks)

Also naming an asst GM should be mandatory at this point if we don't want to be firing anyone anymore after this little debacle.
matt59 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 3:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
guys, the current dallas hasn't even been a week yet, and they agreed that they'd be on for the expansion draft, didn't they?
Apr. 23, 2017 at 3:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: matt59
This thread is to specifically discuss how to handle the inactive GMs in our game right now. Please do not discuss trades, expansion, the entry draft, free agency or any other non-pertinent information in this thread. There will be a poll posted where all GMs can vote on what to do once we have concrete ideas for solutions. Thanks!

UPDATED RULES REGARDING INACTIVITY OF GMS:
I would have given Dallas until tomorrow night, as that would make it a full week and his most active period so far has been a few hours on my a Monday.
I'm okay with what everyoneAnd has seemed to have decided though, as once a week isn't enough activity to manage a team in my opinion.

-----

GM Activity:

-----

Please, you have to check with me before making rules, and these rules seem unfair to me.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 4:02 p.m.
Which part of these rules is unfair?
Apr. 23, 2017 at 4:07 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
This thread is to specifically discuss how to handle the inactive GMs in our game right now. Please do not discuss trades, expansion, the entry draft, free agency or any other non-pertinent information in this thread. There will be a poll posted where all GMs can vote on what to do once we have concrete ideas for solutions. Thanks!

Please, you have to check with me before making rules, and these rules seem unfair to me.

You haven't even been establishing any rules anyway, so we as a collective group have been doing it. (Well not me, but others).
Apr. 23, 2017 at 4:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DirtyRebound

If someone goes a week without saying anything and we fire them it's one thing, but if they haven't even gone a week?
Apr. 23, 2017 at 4:22 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Rangers, we have been trying for a week (or longer on some issues) to get you involved in this stuff and you've done absolutely nothing to contribute to any progress.
We asked you repeatedly to take more initiative, look at what we were doing and at least be part of the approval process, and anything else we could think of to bring you around.
We had the thread basically saying we need to fire you, give you assistants or a partner, do something to get organized because we have deadlines approaching, etc.
Then we had a last ditch effort by Marco that more or less begged you to be more active and take some initiative.

Your only concern has been that you want to be in control and make decisions, but when something needs control or a decision, you're not doing it.
You keep saying you've done nothing wrong, but for the position you want, not doing anything is wrong. Not being responsible for these things is wrong. Not taking an active role is wrong.

If something seems unfair, be specific as to what and why. Just because you didn't decide on a rule, doesn't mean it is unfair.
We are 48 hours or so away from expansion, and neither Dallas or Nashville are prepared because they aren't active.
We waited as long as it was realistic to do so, and even now we will likely have to delay because this rule gives Dallas another 20 hours or so and the new GM will need time to prepare.

If these rules had been in place from the beginning, we wouldn't have had to step in and do something about it. Now we are here, so we are fixing it.
nobody and phillyjabroni liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 4:23 p.m.
Go Habs Go

If someone goes a week without saying anything and we fire them it's one thing, but if they haven't even gone a week?

With these rules in place, Dallas gets exactly one week. Without these rules, Dallas would have been gone today.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 4:31 p.m.
Go Jackets

No one is getting fired tho? We all agree firing them is wrong but a week of inactivity without reasoning right before the expansion draft is very irritating to other GMs trying to make their teams better.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 4:44 p.m.
Go Habs Go

No one is getting fired tho? We all agree firing them is wrong but a week of inactivity without reasoning right before the expansion draft is very irritating to other GMs trying to make their teams better.

That's also in the rules.

Quote:
Apr. 23, 2017 at 4:46 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Give Rangers one more chance to respond. Hopefully he will simply agree and there are no issues.
If he still disagrees, it will be the same result, unless he has a more valid argument to make or point we haven't considered.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 4:58 p.m.
Go Jackets
Give Rangers one more chance to respond. Hopefully he will simply agree and there are no issues.
If he still disagrees, it will be the same result, unless he has a more valid argument to make or point we haven't considered.

Agree. I feel bad for all the bashing we seem to give him, but there needs to be responsibility held up on his end too at some point
Apr. 23, 2017 at 5:02 p.m.
Go Jackets
Rico, are we good to start a new expansion thread yet or no?
Apr. 23, 2017 at 5:14 p.m.
Go Habs Go

I would say yes. I think we're done here.

I might be gone for a bit, but people can start discussion.
matt59 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 5:20 p.m.
Go Jackets

I would say yes. I think we're done here.

I might be gone for a bit, but people can start discussion.

Ok I'll start an expansion thread.
Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:43 a.m.
So is it still a go for me to become the GM of Dallas at 1:03 pm EST if the previous GM is still inactive? Rangersfan was saying on the Dallas page that the current GM isn't being replaced.
Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:52 a.m.
Banned
So is it still a go for me to become the GM of Dallas at 1:03 pm EST if the previous GM is still inactive? Rangersfan was saying on the Dallas page that the current GM isn't being replaced.

Technically he is just being demoted to assistant GM and you will become the GM, I believe.
Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:54 a.m.
Right right. Makes sense. He keeps saying that bwish is going to be back for expansion so I had no idea what's going on haha.
Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:02 a.m.
Go Habs Go

We'll be addressing other issues later, but at a vote of 12-1, you will be replacing Dallas if he hasn't checked in within the next 62 minutes.

These will also be the rules for GM activity in place for the future, so there's no tip-toeing around if someone else should go inactive.
Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:03 a.m.
Right right. Makes sense. He keeps saying that bwish is going to be back for expansion so I had no idea what's going on haha.

Yeah I think the happy compromise is if the inactive Gm is a no show, he is relegated to asst GM. That way everyone is somewhat happy.

As for rangerfan saying about him returning, honestly I don't care. This game will get real boring real fast, if people are only going to come on once in a while for the main 3 events. Expansion, Entry draft, Free agency. If thats the case, lets not bother playing a GM game for the entire season. Lets just do mock expansion, Entry draft and free agency periods instead and be done with it afterwards. If you want to be in the GM game, you have to be like a real GM, and that means being present for meetings, discussions and not juts taking random leaves of absence's.

Inactive GM's ruin the game for the active ones.
matt59 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:03 a.m.

We'll be addressing other issues later, but at a vote of 12-1, you will be replacing Dallas if he hasn't checked in within the next 62 minutes.

These will also be the rules for GM activity in place for the future, so there's no tip-toeing around if someone else should go inactive.

Sounds good! Thanks for the clarification on this
Apr. 27, 2017 at 4:39 p.m.
Yeah. I have no problem being removed. Life got a little hectic. No problem being an assistant
Apr. 27, 2017 at 4:44 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: bwish13
Yeah. I have no problem being removed. Life got a little hectic. No problem being an assistant

Ok thanks for understanding. You will serve as jmac490's assistant then. I understand that life gets pretty hectic sometimes.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 5:10 p.m.

Ok thanks for understanding. You will serve as jmac490's assistant then. I understand that life gets pretty hectic sometimes.

I believe its DirtyRebounds assistant? No?

Good man bwish13! Nothing personal, we just needed to get some stability in the game. Honestly I've mentioned it before, I think every team should have a mandatory assistant GM. It makes it a lot easier for someone to take a week or two off and not worry about their team going to hell while they're out. I know I will be on vacation in late July and will need someone to take over the Panthers for me during that time.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit