$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 1
$891,667$891,667 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
C, LW
UFA
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$950,000$950,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 29, 2022 at 10:48 a.m.
Well, that's an OS valuation of ~6.2-8.2M and I don't see anybody actually offering him that based on his performance this year.

This might actually be an interesting story to watch. If VAN can't come to terms to Boeser, what if they simply don't qualify him and release him to show him that he's not going to get what he wants in the market?
Mar. 29, 2022 at 10:52 a.m.
The habs would say no on a couple fronts.

The most obvious one is the team construction. To put it bluntly the habs cant afford another very expensive winger. Boeser will probably cost between 7-8 million to sign. The habs have to pay caufield in a year and already have a lot of money tied up in the wings especially RW. He doesnt fit a need.

The second is whjat has been reported on him character wise. Theres been a few reports now he is a toxic player (which would explain the lack of a long term deal and them trying to trade him). The habs have a really nice young super positive group in suzuki caufield romanov and it might not be wise to have someone who could potentially come in and skew that dynamic.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 10:54 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Black61
The habs would say no on a couple fronts.

The most obvious one is the team construction. To put it bluntly the habs cant afford another very expensive winger. Boeser will probably cost between 7-8 million to sign. The habs have to pay caufield in a year and already have a lot of money tied up in the wings especially RW. He doesnt fit a need.

The second is whjat has been reported on him character wise. Theres been a few reports now he is a toxic player (which would explain the lack of a long term deal and them trying to trade him). The habs have a really nice young super positive group in suzuki caufield romanov and it might not be wise to have someone who could potentially come in and skew that dynamic.

Habs already have reported interest in Boeser. This is according to multiple sources. They can also sign him to a 1 year prove it deal at 7.5 million. That would not affect Caufield negotiations in 2023.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
Quoting: OlegP
Habs already have reported interest in Boeser. This is according to multiple sources. They can also sign him to a 1 year prove it deal at 7.5 million. That would not affect Caufield negotiations in 2023.

That was Pagnotta who is not a credible habs insider.
RedWing9119 liked this.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
Quoting: dtd_tank
Well, that's an OS valuation of ~6.2-8.2M and I don't see anybody actually offering him that based on his performance this year.

This might actually be an interesting story to watch. If VAN can't come to terms to Boeser, what if they simply don't qualify him and release him to show him that he's not going to get what he wants in the market?

Doubt Canucks would ever let him just walk. That would be a huge blunder given his talent level. Ya he’s not worth $7+ but he’s still a 20-30G scorer
OlegP and dtd_tank liked this.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Banned
That was Pagnotta who is not a credible habs insider.

Whatever you think of Pagnotta, I wanted to see how it would work from Canucks side. I've already done the same trade with Mtl ACGM. The trade fits despite needs and all the other buzz words. Habs need goal scoring, outside of Caufield, there isnt much but plugs on the right side. Gallagher is simply a bottom 6'r at this point!
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:01 a.m.
Quoting: NV94
Doubt Canucks would ever let him just walk. That would be a huge blunder given his talent level. Ya he’s not worth $7+ but he’s still a 20-30G scorer

Yep, I agree. I guess I meant if push really came to shove and they didn't have a trade partner when all was said and done.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:03 a.m.
I hope the Habs don't trade any high end prospects or picks in the next 2 years at least. I want to see what Hughes and company can do with a full cupboard first before moving pieces to get better now.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:03 a.m.
Banned
Yep, I agree. I guess I meant if push really came to shove and they didn't have a trade partner when all was said and done.

Teams will always roll the dice on a goal scorer. The old adage is that you cant teach goal scoring rings true
dtd_tank liked this.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:04 a.m.
Whatever you think of Pagnotta, I wanted to see how it would work from Canucks side. I've already done the same trade with Mtl ACGM. The trade fits despite needs and all the other buzz words. Habs need goal scoring, outside of Caufield, there isnt much but plugs on the right side. Gallagher is simply a bottom 6'r at this point!

It doesnt "fit". Ther habs dont have the space to pay ANOTHER winger big money. It would be aggressively moronic to spend assets on another winger when they need a center upgrade badly.
Banned
Quoting: F50marco
I hope the Habs don't trade any high end prospects or picks in the next 2 years at least. I want to see what Hughes and company can do with a full cupboard first before moving pieces to get better now.

They'll do something at the draft in MTL. Geoff Molson already said that they will not be rebuilding! Either they use their draft capital to offload bad contracts like Armia and Gallagher or they swing for the fences on players like Boeser

They would just sign him or go to arbitration. They still have cap room to sign him if needed
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:05 a.m.
Banned
It doesnt "fit". Ther habs dont have the space to pay ANOTHER winger big money. It would be aggressively moronic to spend assets on another winger when they need a center upgrade badly.

They'll draft a center at the draft, hopefully, Shane Wright. Their draft capital will allow them to offload bad deals.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:08 a.m.
They'll do something at the draft in MTL. Geoff Molson already said that they will not be rebuilding! Either they use their draft capital to offload bad contracts like Armia and Gallagher or they swing for the fences on players like Boeser

We'll see. Paying to get rid of contracts is what bad GM's do and the best splash they can do is drafting a stud. Not overpaying for other teams players. IMO.

Also Molson never said explicitly that they are not rebuilding and frankly I don't think they need to rebuild either. But they certainly don't need to move picks and prospects right now either.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:10 a.m.
Quoting: NV94
They would just sign him or go to arbitration. They still have cap room to sign him if needed

Yep, just noticed after posting that he's arb eligible.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:13 a.m.
Banned
We'll see. Paying to get rid of contracts is what bad GM's do and the best splash they can do is drafting a stud. Not overpaying for other teams players. IMO.

Also Molson never said explicitly that they are not rebuilding and frankly I don't think they need to rebuild either. But they certainly don't need to move picks and prospects right now either.

I dont see why you wouldnt use your draft picks to offload bad deals. Lots of good GMs have done it, Dubas (Marleau) Maybe, along with acquiring another impact player. That's the Vegas model. Not sure but this org is never boring especially with the draft in Mtl, they'll be a lot of pressure to make a BIG splash.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:14 a.m.
They'll draft a center at the draft, hopefully, Shane Wright. Their draft capital will allow them to offload bad deals.

Even if they do a RW is WAY down the teams needs list. The habs arent selling futures for a guy who is a ufa in 2 years who can guarantee himself a 7.5 million cap hit from now until then and is playing a position that is already a organizational strength.

The assets are much more wisely used elsewhere
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:18 a.m.
Banned
Even if they do a RW is WAY down the teams needs list. The habs arent selling futures for a guy who is a ufa in 2 years who can guarantee himself a 7.5 million cap hit from now until then and is playing a position that is already a organizational strength.

The assets are much more wisely used elsewhere

I dont know how you can undermine a legit goal scorer like they grow on trees but you do you boo. Their right side isnt strong whatsoever unless you are counting cap hits. Armia (disaster) Anderson (hurt all the time) Byron? Gallagher is a bottom 6'r rn. This is a new regime, they aren't going to show any loyalty to these deals that they didnt offer, it was Bergevin!

You are missing the point, completely! He is a buy low, you are not getting a guarantee but an opportunity which "fits" the new regime. They only need to qualify him at 7.5 million just like Kotkaniemi they can sign him long term to a cheaper deal. You clearly arent listening
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:22 a.m.
I dont see why you wouldnt use your draft picks to offload bad deals. Lots of good GMs have done it, Dubas (Marleau) Maybe, along with acquiring another impact player. That's the Vegas model.

IMHO that's bad management and not needed here with the Habs. Yet, at least. Habs have no big names to resign next year and will have ample cap space to resign Caufield and company in 2 years time.

It makes more sense to build up those players like Armia and Gallagher and move them later because they are still young and can play, than it is to move them now at their lowest along with high priced picks and prospects. Habs aren't winning any cups next year. There is no rush for anything.

Just to be clear, I'm not opposed to moving those guys, just not with 1st round picks and top prospects attached with them just so we can overpay Filip Forsberg and John Klingberg 11M a year in free agency. Once again, that is how bad GM's does business IMO.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:27 a.m.
Banned
IMHO that's bad management and not needed here with the Habs. Yet, at least. Habs have no big names to resign next year and will have ample cap space to resign Caufield and company in 2 years time.

It makes more sense to build up those players like Armia and Gallagher and move them later because they are still young and can play, than it is to move them now at their lowest along with high priced picks and prospects. Habs aren't winning any cups next year. There is no rush for anything.

Just to be clear, I'm not opposed to moving those guys, just not with 1st round picks and top prospects attached with them just so we can overpay Filip Forsberg and John Klingberg 11M a year in free agency. Once again, that is how bad GM's does business IMO.

Thats an easy answer you don't move 1st rounds picks. The Marleau trade was suppose to be a late 1st rounder which is more or less a 2nd rounder. 2023 draft is strong, you have some 2nd rounders that will be enticing. Moving a 2nd rounder to get from under bad deals is simply getting ahead of the curve IMO I'm not advocating they do it be damned but i dont think those Gallagher and Armia contracts will look much better anytime soon. At the draft is the best time as teams will have more cap space and certainty around their budget as opposed to the TDL where no one was taking salary long term and why you saw UFAs like Chiarot and Lindholm go for a bounty
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:28 a.m.
I dont know how you can undermine a legit goal scorer like they grow on trees but you do you boo. Their right side isnt strong whatsoever unless you are counting cap hits. Armia (disaster) Anderson (hurt all the time) Byron? Gallagher is a bottom 6'r rn

You completely ignored everytrhing just to be a dbag.

The habs are REBUILDING . Boeser is a UFA in 2 years and has set himself up to walk to free agency getting paid a boatload along the way and will leave unless a team VASTLY overpays for him to stay long term. The Canucks screwed up their negotiations with him. The habs dont want or need the fallout from that.

I would much rather hope Gallagher rebounds (all of his underlying numbers are still fantastic) then to spend assets on a guy who likely wont even be here by the time the team is ready to compete.

If anything the habs could just wait 2 years when Boeser screws over the canucks and walks and sign him then if they want and use the 2 high picks to move up in this draft and get someone who will be 20 instead of 27.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:37 a.m.
Thats an easy answer you don't move 1st rounds picks. Moving 2nd rounders which they have in abundance to get from under bad deals is simply getting ahead of the curve IMO

Well MTL's 2nd this year is like 33 OV so almost a 1st rounder. So not that one, maybe the EDM pick depending on the trade. Its kind of hard to make a judgement call on a hypothetical trade without seeing the offer. I don't the Habs to move high end talent to get rid of those contracts. If its lesser ones, I'm way more lenient on that.

Once again though, get out of bad contracts to do what exactly, add another one in free agency? Cup winning teams build through the draft, not free agency. The Vegas model hasn't worked yet and they were gifted 100 draft picks by silly GM's paying to get out of contracts to begin with. How are those looking for those GM's now? Not so good. Toronto paid a 1st to get rid of Marleau and that pick is Seth Jarvis whose looking like a stud. Not sure you can find an example in which is really benefited a team to pay to get rid of a contract and even if you did, that would be the outlier, not the norm. Most times it made more sense to simply keep the pick and either buyout the player or try to rehabilitate his value, then move him for a very low cost.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 11:42 a.m.
Banned
Well MTL's 2nd this year is like 33 OV so almost a 1st rounder. So not that one, maybe the EDM pick depending on the trade. Its kind of hard to make a judgement call on a hypothetical trade without seeing the offer. I don't the Habs to move high end talent to get rid of those contracts. If its lesser ones, I'm way more lenient on that.

Once again though, get out of bad contracts to do what exactly, add another one in free agency? Cup winning teams build through the draft, not free agency. The Vegas model hasn't worked yet and they were gifted 100 draft picks by silly GM's paying to get out of contracts to begin with. How are those looking for those GM's now? Not so good. Toronto paid a 1st to get rid of Marleau and that pick is Seth Jarvis whose looking like a stud. Not sure you can find an example in which is really benefited a team to pay to get rid of a contract and even if you did, that would be the outlier, not the norm. Most times it made more sense to simply keep the pick and either buyout the player or try to rehabilitate his value, then move him for a very low cost.

You said it! They are all hypotheticals. Cant make a for sure judgement call. Carolina nailed that 1st round pick as they have done quite a fair share. Jarvis is an outlier in that range. Let's face it Carolina knows how to develop their young players.

I'm not advocating one way or the other, just simply the possibility as neither you or me are the Gms so i like to see the options available. And, one option available is Brock Boeser whom is exactly what this team can build around at his age of 25 and pedigree. You wont find a goal scorer like him available unless it is a buy low. If we are talking about restocking and not treading water, buying low on players like Boeser that maybe need a fresh start is what the Habs should be looking at.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 12:15 p.m.
You said it! They are all hypotheticals. Cant make a for sure judgement call. Carolina nailed that 1st round pick as they have done quite a fair share. Jarvis is an outlier in that range. Let's face it Carolina knows how to develop their young players.

I'm not advocating one way or the other, just simply the possibility as neither you or me are the Gms so i like to see the options available. And, one option available is Brock Boeser whom is exactly what this team can build around at his age of 25 and pedigree. You wont find a goal scorer like him available unless it is a buy low. If we are talking about restocking and not treading water, buying low on players like Boeser that maybe need a fresh start is what the Habs should be looking at.

Is Boeser the guy though? Yeah he's still young but will cost 7m+ next year and hasn;t exactly lit it up in his career yet. I'm just not sure we need that type of player right now. If he were a RHD, yeah I'd be on board but another winger? I think more than anything, the Habs need another year to see what they actually have in prospects and roster guys first. If after that they identify that the wings need long term help, than by all means. I don't think the Habs need to rebuild as they have a good base of prospects and picks already but a solid next year retool is still necessary IMO. Simply too many balls up in the air. Petry, Weber, Price, Drouin, prospects making the team or not, etc etc.

The biggest need this upcoming year IMHO is some leadership. Habs need a Bergeron type to bridge the gap to Suzuki. If Habs draft Wright than i think you throw the kitchen sink at Bergeron in free agency as both Wright and Suzuki look up to him and could really take off with some tutelage from the man himself.. Give him 10M a year but only for 2-3 years. So it coincides with the other players getting their big raises. He'll probably resign in Boston so if not him maybe someone else captain worthy.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 3:11 p.m.
This team kills me
we should really get some right handed forwards in here, we have garland and thats it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll