RD
UFA - 3
$761,666$761,666
G
RFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 6
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,350,000$2,350,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,625,000$3,625,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 2
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 25, 2017 at 2:27 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
To say what i actually think, i think Ghostisbehere would cost a lot. Maybe what Sakic wants for Duchene.
Apr. 25, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.
Schenn, Giroux, Couturier, and Voracek without similar money coming back in trade to Flyers. Really can't see any cap relief that the Flyers might need for rebuilding. Sure there are deals to made, but are there any that could really help the Flyers? I'll admit, it's kinda beyond me. Simmonds will have value right up until TDL 2019.
Apr. 25, 2017 at 2:36 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: clark
Schenn, Giroux, Couturier, and Voracek without similar money coming back in trade to Flyers. Really can't see any cap relief that the Flyers might need for rebuilding. Sure there are deals to made, but are there any that could really help the Flyers? I'll admit, it's kinda beyond me. Simmonds will have value right up until TDL 2019.

well I understand money would have to come back, but I was just wondering what other teams would be willing to offer. Don't want to trade any of them, except maybe Jake, but if they suck agian next year it's probably going to go rebuild time lol
Apr. 25, 2017 at 2:38 p.m.
TrueNorth
The Giroux and Voracek contracts make them hard to move. Every team would see value in Simmonds for two years at less than $4M per season. Schenn's contract is movable and Gostibehere might be odd man out with the bevy of skilled LHD options for less $$$.

Schenn and Ghost bear for Myers, Conner, Petan, and Hutchinson???
Apr. 25, 2017 at 3:02 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: TrueNorth
The Giroux and Voracek contracts make them hard to move. Every team would see value in Simmonds for two years at less than $4M per season. Schenn's contract is movable and Gostibehere might be odd man out with the bevy of skilled LHD options for less $$$.

Schenn and Ghost bear for Myers, Conner, Petan, and Hutchinson???

not really interested in Myers but what about a deal revolved around Ghost and Ehlers? Seems to maybe help both teams needs..
Apr. 25, 2017 at 3:17 p.m.
MTL Armchair GM
From an Habs fan perspective...

Not touching to Voracek or Gudas. I don't think Couturier is what the Habs need, so I'm passing on him as well. And there's probably a handful of teams who could use Carter Hart more than us. Which leaves us with Claude Giroux, Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and Shayne Gostisbehere.

Giroux might be pretty hard to fit in our salary structure, but given how the Habs are in need of a true #1 center (and has been years), I'm sure Bergevin would listen closely. Now there's no-way the Habs can afford to take on Giroux's contract without sending Plekanec the other way, which may stop all discussions, right there. But if that's something Philly is willing to do, then we can talk about a lot of different things, from Galchenyuk to any prospects of the organization not named Sergachev, to draft picks...name it.

Simmonds is a player a lot of Montreal's fans are dreaming about, and have been eversince his name has been mentioned in trade rumors, a couple of years ago. Thing is though...the Habs are already spending more than they should on the right side, especially if they bring Radulov back this summer. So it would have to start (and most probably end) with Gallagher. Not sure that's what you're looking for.

Schenn is a question mark for me. I guess his value would be higher for the Habs if they are convinced that he can fill the #1 center spot. If not, I don't think they are offering you the price you're looking for. Not even sure Bergevin would be ready to trade Galchenyuk, considering he probably will sign for less money than Schenn's current contract (which is key for the Habs if they want to hold on to both Price and Pacioretty).

And now...The Ghost. The Habs DO need a left-handed, puck-moving defenseman. However, from an outider's perspective, I'm having a hard time putting a value on Gostisbehere, given the fact he's been an healthy scratch a couple of times this year. What's going on with him ? Is he that much of a liability defensively ? If so, I can't see Bergevin showing any interest in him (unless you're willing to swap him for Beaulieu, which I don't think you would) as our general manager and coach value defense A LOT MORE than they do offense.
Apr. 25, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: KomicJ
From an Habs fan perspective...

Not touching to Voracek or Gudas. I don't think Couturier is what the Habs need, so I'm passing on him as well. And there's probably a handful of teams who could use Carter Hart more than us. Which leaves us with Claude Giroux, Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and Shayne Gostisbehere.

Giroux might be pretty hard to fit in our salary structure, but given how the Habs are in need of a true #1 center (and has been years), I'm sure Bergevin would listen closely. Now there's no-way the Habs can afford to take on Giroux's contract without sending Plekanec the other way, which may stop all discussions, right there. But if that's something Philly is willing to do, then we can talk about a lot of different things, from Galchenyuk to any prospects of the organization not named Sergachev, to draft picks...name it.

Simmonds is a player a lot of Montreal's fans are dreaming about, and have been eversince his name has been mentioned in trade rumors, a couple of years ago. Thing is though...the Habs are already spending more than they should on the right side, especially if they bring Radulov back this summer. So it would have to start (and most probably end) with Gallagher. Not sure that's what you're looking for.

Schenn is a question mark for me. I guess his value would be higher for the Habs if they are convinced that he can fill the #1 center spot. If not, I don't think they are offering you the price you're looking for. Not even sure Bergevin would be ready to trade Galchenyuk, considering he probably will sign for less money than Schenn's current contract (which is key for the Habs if they want to hold on to both Price and Pacioretty).

And now...The Ghost. The Habs DO need a left-handed, puck-moving defenseman. However, from an outider's perspective, I'm having a hard time putting a value on Gostisbehere, given the fact he's been an healthy scratch a couple of times this year. What's going on with him ? Is he that much of a liability defensively ? If so, I can't see Bergevin showing any interest in him (unless you're willing to swap him for Beaulieu, which I don't think you would) as our general manager and coach value defense A LOT MORE than they do offense.

Ghost was scratched for what the coach called "part of his development" because he was jumping up into plays too frequently and for some reason were trying to take the creativity away from him I understand that there is a time and palce but everyone knows (fans/coaches) that Ghost is at his best when you let him create and play fast. He isn't elite defensively, but not near as bad as media outlets suggest. With Giroux I think the Flyers might be willing to move him if it was for Plekanec/Galchenyuk but who knows. I'll let you know now that Schenn can't play center and that experiment with him has officially ended this year. He is a left or right winger who can play 2C/3C in case of injuries. What do you not like about Gudas? Gudas play has improved a ton since his time with the Flyers and ever since Hextall talked to him in the preseason he has cleaned up his game completely - 360 degree difference. I like him a lot and he is probably the best defensive defensman on the team right now with Provorov close by.
Apr. 25, 2017 at 3:40 p.m.
MTL Armchair GM
Quoting: NateElder12
Ghost was scratched for what the coach called "part of his development" because he was jumping up into plays too frequently and for some reason were trying to take the creativity away from him I understand that there is a time and palce but everyone knows (fans/coaches) that Ghost is at his best when you let him create and play fast. He isn't elite defensively, but not near as bad as media outlets suggest. With Giroux I think the Flyers might be willing to move him if it was for Plekanec/Galchenyuk but who knows. I'll let you know now that Schenn can't play center and that experiment with him has officially ended this year. He is a left or right winger who can play 2C/3C in case of injuries. What do you not like about Gudas? Gudas play has improved a ton since his time with the Flyers and ever since Hextall talked to him in the preseason he has cleaned up his game completely - 360 degree difference. I like him a lot and he is probably the best defensive defensman on the team right now with Provorov close by.

Mmmm, Ghost might be a tough sell then, as what you described is a good part of the reason why Bergevin ended-up shipping Subban to Nashville.

As for Gudas, my lack of interest in him as nothing to do with his abilities. He's just not at all what the Habs need right now. We already have Weber and Petry on the right side, taking a huge chunk of our cap...and already have a similar player in Emelin, who we are paying $4.1m already. If Bergevin adds someone on D, it'll be a left-handed puck moving defenseman who can play next to Weber on our first pairing.
NateElder12 liked this.
Apr. 25, 2017 at 4:47 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: KomicJ
Quoting: NateElder12

Mmmm, Ghost might be a tough sell then, as what you described is a good part of the reason why Bergevin ended-up shipping Subban to Nashville.

As for Gudas, my lack of interest in him as nothing to do with his abilities. He's just not at all what the Habs need right now. We already have Weber and Petry on the right side, taking a huge chunk of our cap...and already have a similar player in Emelin, who we are paying $4.1m already. If Bergevin adds someone on D, it'll be a left-handed puck moving defenseman who can play next to Weber on our first pairing.

Makes sense for Ghost not being a fit then. Also, thought you might be part of group that thinks Gudas is a goon or sucks
Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:19 p.m.
exo2769
Edited Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:48 p.m.
First of all...I like the Post! I think the Blackhawks need to get another young puck moving Dman (Ghost) and have to give up cap hits which mean Panarin or Crawford. Let's stick with Panarin for the moment (Crow isn't a good fit) to be blunt the trade can't be straight up player for player because as you mentioned he's needed more development has at the very least has a few defensive flaws which he can work on. Panarin is a 2x top 10 scorer, but he was with Kane. PHI gets the best player in the deal, but also #4.
The other thing I was thinking is that PHI has A LOT of D prospects that can replace Ghost. Summarize....Ghost+Schenn (-$500k) for Panarin+Anisimov?
Apr. 25, 2017 at 9:40 p.m.
I don't think Flyers move Ghost, he had a sophomore slump so this is a "defining" season for Ghost IMO. I don't think Hexy gives up Hart, who might just be the star of all our goalie prospects. Coots is interesting I think Hexy gives him one more season to develop his offensive game and if he doesn't improves he has to be moved. Lastly it takes a lot for the flyers to move Simmer because he has been the most consistent player for the last few years and his contract is actually favorable. Now for the funstuff, I could see the Habs and Flyers having a long talk about G for Galchenyuk. I think something along the lines of Plekanec,Galchenyuk, De la Rose for G, goalie prospect, high draft pick is fair. The bad contract of Plekanec makes is likely that the Flyers might be able to get away with little less. I would like tose Voracek moved for Bobby Ryan or Huberdeau (would need to give up more for him). I could also see Voracek moved to Colorado, Dallas , or maybe Detroit for a package deal, Detroit would be hard to fit in with cap but it might work for the right players to and picks. Schenn might net Eberle maybe add a later pick to EDM. Schenn is harder to trade than people think because we would need a youngish Top 6 winger back, but he could still be moved for the right package.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll