What Prospects Make the Team Next Year

Created by: ash
Team: 2022-23 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 10, 2022
Published: Apr. 10, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Wingers:
Wheeler, Connor, and Ehlers are locks for Top-6, leaving one slot available on either wing. Likely Perfetti's to lose. Bottom-6 has lots of competition with Appleton, Svechnikov, and Harkins all likely returning. May be a slot there as well.

Centres:
Scheifele, Dubois, and Lowry are locks, leaving one slot at 3C or 4C. Barron, Toninato, and Gustafsson are the obvious choices, with Perfetti as a wild card.

Defense:
Not sure about this one. Morrissey, Schmidt, and Pionk are likely the only locks. DeMelo and Dillon will return if they're not traded, so one slot available? Stanley's been medium this year, and I think has been surpassed by Heinola and Samberg.

Goalies:
Comrie's likely earned himself another season as backup, but I could see Berdin and Holm getting a fair chance at it. Needless to say nobody is passing Hellebuyck in the depth chart anytime soon.

Tentative Roster:
27-55-26
81-80-?
?-17-?
?-?-?

44-88
?-4
?-?

?

Who do you all think stands the best chance to make the team next year?
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
3$925,000
2$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Very, Likely
1$1,000,000
Long, Shot
1$1,000,000
2022, 1st Round Pick
3$925,000
Theres, a Chance
1$1,000,000
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
17$82,500,000$64,863,968$0$2,427,500$17,636,032
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Very, Likely
$1,000,000$1,000,000
Theres, a Chance
$1,000,000$1,000,000
Long, Shot
$1,000,000$1,000,000
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 4
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
RFA - 2
$807,778$807,778
LD
RFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
2022, 1st Round Pick
$925,000$925,000
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$845,833$845,833
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 10, 2022 at 7:22 p.m.
I would look to move Dillon or Schmidt- definitely not DeMelo. And i’d play Heinola and Samberg over Stanley
tsyls and ash liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 8:31 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Lucius needs another year in college, Chibrikov has another year remaining on his KHL deal.

If Rashevsky is ever coming over, now would be the perfect opportunity; his NHLE is 46.159, which is really high for a prospect. Good fit to start on the third line and work himself up the lineup.

I don't personally think Tonatino should be a regular on any NHL lineup.
ash liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 9:21 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I think Perfetti is a lock for a top 6 spot so it'll be something like: Connor-PLD-Perfetti/Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler for top 2 lines.

It seems like they'll look to move at least one veteran dman and it likely isn't either of Pionk or Morrissey but if they don't like any of the offers they're getting for Schmidt, DeMelo or Dillon it has to be factored in that both Samberg and Heinola are still waiver exempt next season so there's a chance they keep the vets and only graduate one of Heinola or Samberg along with Stanley and the other goes back to the AHL.
Also possible that a guy like Stanley or Heinola could get traded, it is interesting that at this point of the season Heinola has been demoted yet again and Samberg's playing... 🤔

Barron is waiver exempt next season and Gustafsson isn't so I think Barron ends up in the AHL and Gus finds himself somewhere in the bottom six. Can't imagine either Lucius or Lundmark make the team. Not one guy in the long shot category will be with the Jets next season, Kuzmin and Torgersson will start their professional careers next season with the Moose, both Berdin and Holm will be with the Moose next year though maybe Berdin gets claimed when he's sent down after camp which would be unfortunate, the Moose should have a good defense again next season.

I wonder if Vesalainen, Kovacevic and Gawanke will be tendered qualifying offers, they should be, no reason to not imo and would be dumb to lose that depth plus giving up on them already would be really stupid. I'll be pissed if they don't get Gawanke up for some games before the season ends, he looks pretty good at the AHL level and has earned a callup.

Svechnikov has definitely earned a contract but this organization makes some puzzling moves so maybe he won't be back.

I'm guessing next seasons Jets team could look very similar to this seasons Jets team even though we as fans think there should be big changes made this is an organization that is often content with status quo, the insiders have hinted that change is coming though so maybe there will be some bigger moves made.

I won't be surprised if the Jets look like this next season:
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler/Connor-PLD-Perfetti
Harkins-Lowry-Appleton/Toninato-Gus-Svech

Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Samberg-Schmidt
Stanley

Helle-Comrie
ash liked this.
Apr. 11, 2022 at 11:26 a.m.
Cold spaghetti
I think Chisholm should be in the theres a chance category, same with Gawanke. Both of those guys are great defenceman.
ash liked this.
Apr. 11, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
power forward
Locks for next season: Wheels, Ehlers, PLD, Connor, Perfetti, JoMo, Pionk, Dillon, DeMelo, Heinola

Trade bait: Schiefele, Schmidt, Stanley, Vesalainen, Sanford, Stastny

Very likely: Samberg, Barron, Gus

There's a chance: 2022 1st rounder, Gawanke, Kovacevic, Lucius, Berdin, Chisholm

Longshot: Rashevsky, Chibrikov, Kuzmin, Torgersson, Holm, Lundmark

Schiefele should 100% be traded this offseason. The effort isn't there and it would give us cap space to sign PLD. Same goes for Stastny, except the effort is better than Schiefele's. Schmidt should be dealt to give room for our young defenseman. Stanley same reason, also he doesn't use his body at all being a 6'7'' defenseman. I would rather have a 5'11'' defenseman in Heinola who can pretty much do everything with the puck and make all the smart plays. Sanford we don't have enough room for next season, Vesalainen needs a fresh start on a new team, would definitely benefit his development.

Connor, PLD, and Perfetti should be the first line next season. Also the Jets should consider putting Dillon and DeMelo on the same pair, it will create a shutdown pairing, something we heavily lack.

Full lineup next season should be:

Connor- PLD- Perfetti
Ehlers- Barron- Wheels
Svech- Lowry- Appleton
Gus- Harkins

JoMo- Pionk
Heinola- Schmidt
Dillon-DeMelo
Samberg

Hellebuyck
Comrie

ALSO FIRE THE WHOLE COACHING STAFF!!!!
Apr. 11, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: christianyog
Locks for next season: Wheels, Ehlers, PLD, Connor, Perfetti, JoMo, Pionk, Dillon, DeMelo, Heinola

Trade bait: Schiefele, Schmidt, Stanley, Vesalainen, Sanford, Stastny

Very likely: Samberg, Barron, Gus

There's a chance: 2022 1st rounder, Gawanke, Kovacevic, Lucius, Berdin, Chisholm

Longshot: Rashevsky, Chibrikov, Kuzmin, Torgersson, Holm, Lundmark

Schiefele should 100% be traded this offseason. The effort isn't there and it would give us cap space to sign PLD. Same goes for Stastny, except the effort is better than Schiefele's. Schmidt should be dealt to give room for our young defenseman. Stanley same reason, also he doesn't use his body at all being a 6'7'' defenseman. I would rather have a 5'11'' defenseman in Heinola who can pretty much do everything with the puck and make all the smart plays. Sanford we don't have enough room for next season, Vesalainen needs a fresh start on a new team, would definitely benefit his development.

Connor, PLD, and Perfetti should be the first line next season. Also the Jets should consider putting Dillon and DeMelo on the same pair, it will create a shutdown pairing, something we heavily lack.

Full lineup next season should be:

Connor- PLD- Perfetti
Ehlers- Barron- Wheels
Svech- Lowry- Appleton
Gus- Harkins

JoMo- Pionk
Heinola- Schmidt
Dillon-DeMelo
Samberg

Hellebuyck
Comrie

ALSO FIRE THE WHOLE COACHING STAFF!!!!

Actually looking at the final lineup I would include Dillon as trade bait. Put Samberg in his place.

This season the Jets should give Gawanke and Lundmark a big look at the end of the season. Send Stanley and Samberg down and call both of them up. If I were to pick one, I would pick Gawanke, he's looked solid in the AHL, like some would say.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll