Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 5:49 p.m.
Quoting: Max
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Here's what's on the agenda folks:

1) Finalize FA Plan:
as soon as possible! Just need to go over minor details and should be good to go for vote

2) Vote to remove Singh/Nshunjan from GM Game:
Currently stands 3-3. Booth, Jmac, Zach in favour; Matt, Turner and bolts opposed. JT Miller gets the deciding vote

3) Confirm that TonyStrecher is good to go as Nucks GM come July 1st:
no one should have objections, but who knows

4) NYR GM job:
a) Like Max, L9 will be leaving the game come July 1st. However he's asked to be able to return as GM come August 15th. 1-0 in favour of him being able to do so

b) as NateElder has declined the NYR temp. GM job, the next and only AGM is Done95 from MTL. Again, unless anyone has any objections, he should be offered and where he to accept, be the temp. NYR GM

I know I have no say in this at all. But what if TonyStretcher takes the NYR temp job, and Nuxfan takes over vancouver. I know the canucks have been promised to Tony, but me and nuxfan share the same vision for the team. In the end, you guys get the final decision not me.

According to the replacement GM policy (or whatever it's called), the AGM with the highest seniority gets first dibs on the next available team. When you resigned, the AGM with the highest seniority was TonyStrecher, who has accepted the position. Assuming that Done95 will take over NYR, nuxfan would then be the highest ranked AGM
Max, TonyStrecher and CleanDangles liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 5:50 p.m.

1) Finalize FA Plan:
as soon as possible! Just need to go over minor details and should be good to go for vote

Currently stands 3-3. Booth, Jmac, Zach in favour; Matt, Turner and bolts opposed. JT Miller gets the deciding vote

4) NYR GM job:
a) Like Max, L9 will be leaving the game come July 1st. However he's asked to be able to return as GM come August 15th. 1-0 in favour of him being able to do so

b) as NateElder has declined the NYR temp. GM job, the next and only AGM is Done95 from MTL. Again, unless anyone has any objections, he should be offered and where he to accept, be the temp. NYR GM

Bump so that all BOGs see this smile
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

1) Finalize FA Plan:

4) NYR GM job:

I know I have no say in this at all. But what if TonyStretcher takes the NYR temp job, and Nuxfan takes over vancouver. I know the canucks have been promised to Tony, but me and nuxfan share the same vision for the team. In the end, you guys get the final decision not me.

I am the senior AGM, I should get my pick of teams. I would much rather take over Vancouver than New York. Nuxfan isn't even the second most senior AGM so he shouldn't be getting either.
nobody and CleanDangles liked this.
deleted
Jun. 28, 2017 at 5:53 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
Quoting: boltscharge17
Vote to remove Singh/whatever he changed his user to at 3-2. Booth, jmac, Zach in favour, Matt and Turner (with amendment) opposed. Waiting for bolts and JT

3-3

3-4 should be level one imo not a complete ban
Max liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 7:16 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
Can somebody post/bump the latest draft of the FA rules?
Jun. 28, 2017 at 7:27 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: JT_Miller

bumped: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/56180/9
Jun. 28, 2017 at 8:31 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
Quoting: ricochetii
Quoting: JT_Miller

bumped: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/56180/9

Ty
Jun. 28, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.
Habs fan French
so Singh can be my agm
Jun. 28, 2017 at 8:38 p.m.
GM Game Free Agency

Submitting the Bid

1. Submit the player name, salary per year (AAV), and number of years (Term) you wish to sign a player for. You may not submit a term greater than outlined below, based on the AAV of your offer.

1 year deal - AAV Range : 650,000 - 1,500,000
2 year deal - AAV Range : 1,500,000 - 2,500,000
3 year deal - AAV Range : 2,500,000 - 4,000,000
4 year deal - AAV Range : 4,000,000 - 5,250,000
5 year deal - AAV Range : 5,250,000 - 6,500,000
6 year deal - AAV Range : 6,500,000 - 7,750,000
7 year deal - AAV Range : 7,500,000 - 10,007,692

2. If a player falls between the following age groups, these are the term and AAV restrictions:

35-38 - AAV Range : 650,000 - 7,000,000 ; Year Range : 1-3
38-40 - AAV Range : 650,000 - 6,000,000 ; Year Range : 1-2
40+ - AAV Range : 650,000 - 5,000,000 ; Year Range : 1

*Improper Bids will result in automatic disqualification from signing a particular player*

Proper Bid : Vegas Golden Knights - Pepe Silvia : 4,125,000 AAV x 4 years

Improper Bid : Vegas Golden Knights - Pepe Silvia : 2,500,000 AAV x 4 years

Determining Highest Bid

1. The highest bid is determined as the highest total of AAV * Term submitted by a team. If multiple teams are tied for the highest total, they all proceed with their attempt to sign the player. This includes ties in total where the contract terms are different.

2. The contract terms (AAV and Term) that were determined to be the highest bid(s), become that player's Demands for the remainder of the signing process. Multiple contracts with different terms mean the player will accept either, at the option of the team the player agrees to sign with.

Special Rights For Home and Vegas

1. The Home team, or the team currently owning the rights to the player, has the ability to match the highest bid and sign that player to a contract.

2. Vegas has the option of matching (or outbidding, when against the Home team) the highest bid and signing that player to a contract, provided the highest bid does not originate with a team Vegas had a prior expansion agreement restricting them to selecting a certain player from that team's roster during the expansion process. (Agreeing to select a specific player was also a tacit agreement to not negotiate with that team's FA's.)

3. In order for either Home or Vegas to retain their rights to match, they must also have submitted a bid on that player equal to at least 50% of the highest bid for that player in terms of AAV.

4. Home team gets 10% discount of the best offer if the best offer isn’t theirs. They can then match the discounted offer and keep their player, or let the opposing team get the played that was bid on at the original bid.

Determining Where A Player Signs

The highest bid(s) in total value represents the contract(s) which the player will accept/sign. The team offering the final contract is determined as follows:

1. If the Home team and/or Vegas have retained their rights, they may each agree to match the total value and become the highest bid. This eliminates the other participants with no rights. In the case of Vegas, all of the eliminated teams are removed from their expansion priority list.
a) If the Home team is still a participant, Vegas may raise the AAV of the contract by a minimum of 250,000 to become the highest bid. This removes the Home team from their expansion priority list.
b) The Home team has the option of matching the new contract value offered by Vegas and become the highest bid. This eliminates Vegas.

2. If there is a tie for highest bid, the team with waiver priority may evoke their priority and sign the player. If they do not, the next team with waiver priority is given the same option. If no team evokes their waiver priority, the first team may sign the player without evoking their priority. All other teams are eliminated once waiver priority is evoked, or the player has been offered to all teams and none have chosen to evoke priority.

3. The team with the right to now sign the player, may choose which set of terms specified by the highest bid(s). (Only terms submitted as part of the bidding process are eligible.) That team may now add that player to their roster with the appropriate contract.

Tiebreak Order

1. Waiver order according to 2nd round draft rankings (non-lottery round). Waiver order will be used for waiver claims, FA tiebreaker, or any other situation where there is competition for a player's services.
a)When more than one team has equal right to a player, the team with higher priority may evoke their waiver priority to break the tie. If the team with the highest priority chooses not to evoke their waiver priority, the option is given to the team with the next highest priority.
b)If no team evokes waiver priority, the player goes to the team with the highest priority and does not cost them their position in the waiver order.
c)When a team evokes waiver priority, they win the claim and are moved to the end of the waiver priority list.

2. In the event that teams are tied with the same AAV value (1.5 x 2 and 1.5 x 3), the team with more years wins the bid.

Buyouts

1. Prior to free agency, teams will have the option of buying out players. There will be a limit of two buyouts for each team during this period.
a)Teams will place up to 3 players on waivers for the purpose of a buyout. All teams will have the option of claiming these players, with no compensation to their current team.
b)In order to claim a player, you will have to evoke your waiver priority, regardless of whether there is another team competing for that player's services.
c)Claimed players will be traded to their new team for free and will not need to be bought out. They will retain their current contract terms (AAV and Term).
d)Unclaimed players may then be bought-out as normal on their rosters and will be added to the free agent pool.

FA Budget

Teams will have a budget entering free agency. In order to establish a team's UFA budget, they must reduce their roster to a 23 player compliance. The budget will then be calculated as follows:
a)Current remaining cap space
b)You are permitted to go over the cap ceiling by 10% or a to a max cap of 83.6 million. You must be within the cap floor and ceiling by the start of the GM Game for 2017-2018

FA Setup

1. Each team will publish an entire and complete list of the FAs that they wish to place bids on.
*You will not have a chance to edit your post*
*Publish a list of all the players you wish to bid on, you will not have the opportunity to bid on them if you do not publish the list prior to the start of FA Period*
a)Failure to publish your FA list will result in termination from FA Period. You will have no opportunity to place bids on any FA. NO EXCEPTIONS

List Submission Template

Vegas Golden Knights - Forwards (4) ; Defensemen (2) ; Goalies (0)

F: Pepe Silvia - Chalpua Batman - Sam Hinkie - Ferris Bueller
D: Billy Madison - Bill Burr

2. After all lists are published, the BOG will then calculate the most popular FA, and the player deemed most wanted, will be the first player that is to be bidded on. A runoff with be used after that, following with the next popular player.
a)in the event that only one team has listed a player, for example, COL is the only team to list Chalupa Batman. They then have the opportunity to sign them to a deal of their choosing, under the restrictions of the AAV Range/Year Chart.

Sign and Trade

1. Each team will have the opportunity to exercise their right to a Sign and Trade. You may only make Sign and Trades if you own the player’s rights prior to the start of Free Agency.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: plNHL
so Singh can be my agm

Seems like he can
Jun. 28, 2017 at 8:39 p.m.
And Jabroni, were still debating the first and second parts of the system. Still needs work
Jun. 28, 2017 at 8:40 p.m.
And Jabroni, were still debating the first and second parts of the system. Still needs work

twitter
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:21 p.m.
Hey guys, so my surgery got pushed back another month. So I was wondering if I would be able to stay on as Vancouvers gm? I know that I had informed you that I was leaving, but I had not officially resigned but rather just given a heads up.

I'm sorry if this inconveniences anybody (especially since I was trying to keep this as stress-free as possible) but life happens and there is not much you can do about it.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:26 p.m.
Hey guys, so my surgery got pushed back another month. So I was wondering if I would be able to stay on as Vancouvers gm? I know that I had informed you that I was leaving, but I had not officially resigned but rather just given a heads up.

I'm sorry if this inconveniences anybody (especially since I was trying to keep this as stress-free as possible) but life happens and there is not much you can do about it.

Seems like your stress-free tactics have ended up causing more stress lol

This is a tricky position as TonyStrecher has been promised to be given the Vancouver GM position. I don't feel like it's right that he doesn't get it just because all of a sudden you have to stay.

I have an idea though: the NYR GM needs a temporary GM to fill in for a month or so. Since you will be leaving in a month or so, and Tony has been promised to Vancouver job, I think that you should then get the temp. NYR job as it best suits everyone. I've asked Done95 to take it but he hasn't accepted it yet, so technically it's open. Does that sound good?
CleanDangles liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:29 p.m.

This is a tricky position as TonyStrecher has been promised to be given the Vancouver GM position. I don't feel like it's right that he doesn't get it just because all of a sudden you have to stay.

I have an idea though: the NYR GM needs a temporary GM to fill in for a month or so. Since you will be leaving in a month or so, and Tony has been promised to Vancouver job, I think that you should then get the temp. NYR job as it best suits everyone. I've asked Done95 to take it but he hasn't accepted it yet, so technically it's open. Does that sound good?

thats a major conflict of interest if Max gets the NYR and then gets the VAN again...can easily just make "fairish" trades that support VAN in the long run
Max liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:31 p.m.
As much as I appreciate your concern Jabroni...Ill explain the rest on Twitter
phillyjabroni and CleanDangles liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:38 p.m.

Sorry, but I'm staying in vancouver. You said yourself that whoever has the most seniority gets first dibs on what team they want. I have more experience then Tony, so I choose Vancouver.

Sorry for bing so stressful after I explicitly saidI dont want to cause any stress
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:40 p.m.
I would like to put the following to vote
a) to place TonyStrecher as Vancouver GM come July 1st. This is because the job was promised to him and should be given
b) to place Max as New York Rangers GM come July 1st. This is because Max just realized that he will be able to stay in the game longer, however due to the fact that his Canucks job has been promised to Tony, he can then become NYR GM. This is because Max will be gone in a month, when L9 will return as NYR GM (subject of active BOG vote). Also this job has not been promised to anybody yet

1-0 in favour
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:41 p.m.

Sorry, but I'm staying in vancouver. You said yourself that whoever has the most seniority gets first dibs on what team they want. I have more experience then Tony, so I choose Vancouver.

Sorry for bing so stressful after I explicitly saidI dont want to cause any stress

Wrong again. The most senior AGM gets first dibs. You're not an AGM. You announced that you would be forfeiting your job. It's not my or Tony's fault that your position has already been claimed. It's up to the BOG to decide what to do now. I have put the motion forward as you can see for what is the most suitable way to approach the situation
CleanDangles liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:47 p.m.
BOG, in addition to my motion in post 2919, the following votes are also underway:

Vote to give Max a level 1 Infraction: 2-1. Booth, Matt in favour; Jmac opposed

Vote to guarantee L9 of his NYR GM position after August 15th: 1-0, Booth in favor
CleanDangles liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:48 p.m.

Wrong again. The most senior AGM gets first dibs. You're not an AGM. You announced that you would be forfeiting your job. It's not my or Tony's fault that your position has already been claimed. It's up to the BOG to decide what to do now. I have put the motion forward as you can see for what is the most suitable way to approach the situation

How has my position been claimed if I still have it? I understand that I had PLANS to leave, but I have not forfeited anything. I understand the job has been promised to Tony, and he can have it when I leave
Calgary13 liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:50 p.m.

How has my position been claimed if I still have it? I understand that I had PLANS to leave, but I have not forfeited anything. I understand the job has been promised to Tony, and he can have it when I leave

This is under BOG vote. If you want to discuss this further, we can do so elsewhere
CleanDangles liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:50 p.m.
I also dont think Booth should be allowed to vote since it is his agm that would be getting my job and could be a conflict of interest
Calgary13 liked this.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 9:52 p.m.
I also dont think Booth should be allowed to vote since it is his agm that would be getting my job and could be a conflict of interest

Did you not read my above comment? Maybe I wasn't clear enough: please leave this thread. Thank you
CleanDangles and phillyjabroni liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll