Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 5:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Where do i post my protected list?
Apr. 27, 2017 at 5:48 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

"GM Game Expansion draft thread"
Apr. 27, 2017 at 5:49 p.m.
NBABound

In the GM game expansion draft thread.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 5:54 p.m.
Go Jackets
Sharks appear to have left Sekera exposed, sekera has a full NMC I believe.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 5:56 p.m.
Go Jackets
A little concerned about Nashville's exposed list, may not have two forwards under contract in 17-18 Exposed (at least based on list provided).
Apr. 27, 2017 at 5:57 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: matt59
A little concerned about Nashville's exposed list, may not have two forwards under contract in 17-18 Exposed (at least based on list provided).

What should we do about this?
Apr. 27, 2017 at 5:58 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: Mr_cap

Not sure... Kevin Bieksa also left exposed with an NMC.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Should we let them get away with not protecting Bieksa?
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
Go Jackets

It was pretty clearly outlined at beginning of thread that all NMCs must be protected right?
My initial thought is automatic draft pick compensation. Not a first rounder, but for first mistake on a expansion list a 4th rounder to vegas, and for each additional mistake it increases by pick so second mistake a third, third mistake a second. No firsts should be confiscated tho.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

It was pretty clearly outlined at beginning of thread that all NMCs must be protected right?
My initial thought is automatic draft pick compensation. Not a first rounder, but for first mistake on a expansion list a 4th rounder to vegas, and for each additional mistake it increases by pick so second mistake a third, third mistake a second. No firsts should be confiscated tho.

never mind, they traded Bieksa.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

never mind, they traded Bieksa.

oh, wait, no, NSH is leaving him unprotected.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:12 p.m.
Go Jackets
Rangers... you're going to need to edit your post simply due to formatting problems. NMCs must be protected. If we're going to go with the above punishment system this is an example of where a 4th would be sent to Vegas. Please read the formatting instructions at the top of the page.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

well i think Pittsburgh should get away with leaving Fleury unprotected, as we pretty much know he'll waive it.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:14 p.m.
Go Jackets
Rangers... you're going to need to edit your post simply due to formatting problems. NMCs must be protected. If we're going to go with the above punishment system this is an example of where a 4th would be sent to Vegas. Please read the formatting instructions at the top of the page.

ok, but what's wrong with asking Vegas about a trade?

I didn't even see that you asked about a trade in that post... but the trade freeze is in effect so no trades can be made until Vegas has made all of its 30 selections.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:15 p.m.
Go Jackets
Also Rangers please do not comment on the expansion protection list thread. Trying to keep that thread clean and easy to read.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:21 p.m.
Go Jackets
Board Members, whenever y'all get on again... we're gonna have some stuff to sort out...
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:24 p.m.
NBABound
Board Members, whenever y'all get on again... we're gonna have some stuff to sort out...

First things first. Fire rangersfan.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:37 p.m.
Go Jackets

First things first. Fire rangersfan.

Firing may be a stretch, but he needs to read the rules when they're up. It's a bad look having members of the board make egregious errors like that. It's not acceptable and he needs to be held accountable for his mistakes.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:43 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I'm going to be busy for about 2 hours, but my first thought is that you lose a protection slot if you expose the wrong player, rather than a draft pick.
It's either that or we give teams one final chance to edit their posts to be compliant (before the deadline) and then someone else quotes their "fixed" post in another thread, so they can't change it further.

Rangers. You HAVE to come talk to us instead of running around the forums without a clue. It doesn't look good on you, or the BOG.
You wanted in, you got it, you're going to have to work and make changes to the way you handle yourself to stay in.
Go Jackets
On to more substantial topics...
I suggest that for each missed NMC violation, the punishment for a first mistake is a 7th round pick at whatever year the team has one the earliest. For each NMC violation it goes up one round. So tow violations = a 6th sent to Vegas as punishment.

For exposure requirement errors I say we start at a 6th for punishment and for each additional violation the punishment goes up a round. So if only say 2/4 required exposure pieces are actually eligible, then the penalty is a 5th rounder.

Formatting errors can be a 7th round pick. Egregious errors in formatting will be a 6th rounder at the most.

If a team has multiple types of errors, we can value out the punishments into one pick I suppose. Teams shouldn't have to be punished in terms of multiple picks, just one singular pick that becomes harsher and harsher for each violation.

Thoughts on this proposal?
Black Lives Matter

ok, but what's wrong with asking Vegas about a trade?

I didn't even see that you asked about a trade in that post... but the trade freeze is in effect so no trades can be made until Vegas has made all of its 30 selections.

ok, but i'm just trying to figure out why that is. i didn't even know about it. All's good, i just want to know why.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:44 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: ricochetii
I'm going to be busy for about 2 hours, but my first thought is that you lose a protection slot if you expose the wrong player, rather than a draft pick.
It's either that or we give teams one final chance to edit their posts to be compliant (before the deadline) and then someone else quotes their "fixed" post in another thread, so they can't change it further.

Rangers. You HAVE to come talk to us instead of running around the forums without a clue. It doesn't look good on you, or the BOG.
You wanted in, you got it, you're going to have to work and make changes to the way you handle yourself to stay in.

Ok, I suggest if possible we all get on at around 9 EST tonight to debate how to solve this because we will need close to all hands on deck to figure this out.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Also Rangers please do not comment on the expansion protection list thread. Trying to keep that thread clean and easy to read.

Oh, sorry, i won't. I didn't know that wasn't allowed.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:46 p.m.
Go Jackets

ok, but i'm just trying to figure out why that is. i didn't even know about it. All's good, i just want to know why.

I think I mentioned the reasoning before but I'll state it again. The trade freeze is currently in effect so that teams cannot scam Vegas out of a player by leaving them "exposed" only to trade them away in the middle of the expansion draft. It also would be extremely confusing to keep track of all the trades happening because we all know teams would be scrambling to make a deal last minute due to expansion.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 6:47 p.m.
Go Jackets

Oh, sorry, i won't. I didn't know that wasn't allowed.

The rules were all stated on the first page of the GM Game expansion Draft thread. Please read through all the rules now to make sure you understand so it doesn't happen again.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll