Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:40 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

So should we let another goalie be available or should we make them leave Murray unavailable?

I;d suggest docking them a pick, maybe a 4th rounder due to the seriousness of the infraction and since there is literally nothing the Board can do to fix this. Forcing them to give up Murray is far too harsh a punishment imo.

We aren't forcing them to do anything. They forced us. The only decision we can make is that Murray must be left exposed.
The required exposures aren't something you can avoid and pay a penalty for. If you don't meet those requirements, your protected list won't be accepted.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:41 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: ricochetii

I;d suggest docking them a pick, maybe a 4th rounder due to the seriousness of the infraction and since there is literally nothing the Board can do to fix this. Forcing them to give up Murray is far too harsh a punishment imo.

We aren't forcing them to do anything. They forced us. The only decision we can make is that Murray must be left exposed.
The required exposures aren't something you can avoid and pay a penalty for. If you don't meet those requirements, your protected list won't be accepted.

That's true. Sucks for Pittsburgh but it's their fault for failing to get their list done correctly.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:41 p.m.
Go Jackets
We are still allowing everyone else to edit their lists tho?
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:42 p.m.
Go Habs Go

1. You don't jump the gun and post in his thread without discussing it first.
2. If we are giving people a chance to correct their lists, he can fix it (if he has another qualified goaltender).
3. Exposing a qualified goaltender is not an option. Even if you only have 1, you have to expose that one, in this case, Murray.
4. The proposal to correct list that are non-compliant would cover this. If that isn't clear, we will make it clear.

This is a strange case because the Pens have no goalie they can expose. Jarry, Maguire and Desmith are all exempt. I'm thinking docking between a second and fourth rounder is fair. To not have ONE expansion eligible goalie is a serious oversight, but forcing them to expose Murray is far too harsh a penalty imo.

You can't look at it as a penalty that we are imposing. You have to look at it as "If you expose these 4 players, we will allow you to protect these 10 players."
If Pittsburgh submitted this to league offices, that is exactly what would happen. It would be returned to them, and they would have to resubmit it with Murray exposed.
The only other option I see is to void his protected list completely since it is invalid.
matt59 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:43 p.m.
Go Habs Go
We are still allowing everyone else to edit their lists tho?

If what I submitted is acceptable to everyone.
Does Rangers understand? At least enough to say yay or nay?
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:44 p.m.
NBABound
Easiest solution.

Make him/her/alien lose a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Or Murray.
Go Jackets

This is a strange case because the Pens have no goalie they can expose. Jarry, Maguire and Desmith are all exempt. I'm thinking docking between a second and fourth rounder is fair. To not have ONE expansion eligible goalie is a serious oversight, but forcing them to expose Murray is far too harsh a penalty imo.

You can't look at it as a penalty that we are imposing. You have to look at it as "If you expose these 4 players, we will allow you to protect these 10 players."
If Pittsburgh submitted this to league offices, that is exactly what would happen. It would be returned to them, and they would have to resubmit it with Murray exposed.
The only other option I see is to void his protected list completely since it is invalid.

One counter-argument i see is, every team has to protect a goalie right? Pens don't have a goalie to protect now.
DirtyRebound liked this.
Go Habs Go
Hey all Board members please read through Rico's ideas and state whether you support them or not and why. I support the ideas myself.

Now that I had a few minutes to consider it, I think this would indeed be best.

You have one chance to edit your post to correct any errors.
We will inform teams that they have errors on their team thread(s).
Once those GM's make the necessary corrections, we will quote their post in the discussion thread.
No further changes will be permitted.
Teams that are not compliant by the deadline for submission of protected lists (Saturday, 12pm EST), will have their lists corrected by the BOG.

1. ALL NMC PLAYERS MUST BE PROTECTED.*
2. YOU MUST EXPOSE THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF QUALIFIED PLAYERS.
3. WE CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH. ASK FOR HELP IF YOU ARE NOT SURE!

*(Bobby Ryan is the ONLY exception due to the terms of his contract.)

Errors will be corrected by the BOG according to a standard procedure:
1. We will move the incorrect player where he belongs.
2. We will expose the qualified player(s) that is/are listed last in order in your protected list.

Example1 : You have an error in the players that meet exposure requirements.
- We will remove the player that doesn't meet the requirements.
- We will add the first unprotected player that qualifies in his place.
- If you have no qualified, unprotected players. We will add the last protected player in his place.

Example2: You failed to protect a player with an NMC.
- We will add that player to your protected list.
- We will expose the last protected player listed at that position that does not have an NMC.

Regardless of the error, the player you list last, that qualifies to correct the error, will be used.
We don't care even if it is Crosby or McDavid. So SUBMIT YOUR LIST CAREFULLY and ASK FOR HELP IF YOU ARE UNSURE.

This is what I'm referring to.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:45 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: Mr_cap
Easiest solution.

Or Murray.

By the rules, it appears he has to expose Murray unfortunately... sucks for him but that's the way it is.
Go Jackets

Once those GM's make the necessary corrections, we will quote their post in the discussion thread.
Teams that are not compliant by the deadline for submission of protected lists (Saturday, 12pm EST), will have their lists corrected by the BOG.

2. We will expose the qualified player(s) that is/are listed last in order in your protected list.

- If you have no qualified, unprotected players. We will add the last protected player in his place.

- We will expose the last protected player listed at that position that does not have an NMC.

Regardless of the error, the player you list last, that qualifies to correct the error, will be used.
We don't care even if it is Crosby or McDavid. So SUBMIT YOUR LIST CAREFULLY and ASK FOR HELP IF YOU ARE UNSURE.

Yeah I already posted this in the new "News and important info thread"
Go Habs Go

One counter-argument i see is, every team has to protect a goalie right? Pens don't have a goalie to protect now.

No. Every team MAY protect up to 1 goaltender. Pittsburgh may not.
Duster liked this.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:46 p.m.
Go Jackets

No. Every team MAY protect up to 1 goaltender. Pittsburgh may not.

Ah ok. Well, sorry pittsburgh but Murray is getting exposed it looks like.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:46 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap
Easiest solution.

Or Murray.

By the rules, it appears he has to expose Murray unfortunately... sucks for him but that's the way it is.

I know I'm here illegally again (Donald Trump don't deport me), but if Murray is exposed, Pens would need a goalie. I could trade him the rights to Budaj for a 1st!
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:47 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: boltscharge17

I know I'm here illegally again (Donald Trump don't deport me), but if Murray is exposed, Pens would need a goalie. I could trade him the rights to Budaj for a 1st!

Lol, no wall here (yet Sticking Out Tongue). But that would be a matter between you and Pittsburgh.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:47 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Umm. For rules or new procedures, we should agree in here before they end up outside this thread. Just so we don't put something out and then end up drawing it back.

Quote:

This part of those rules covers the Pittsburgh situation.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:49 p.m.
Go Jackets

Umm. For rules or new procedures, we should agree in here before they end up outside this thread. Just so we don't put something out and then end up drawing it back.

Quote:

Shouls I pull whats in the news thread out for now? and just put in the expansion dates?
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:49 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: boltscharge17

No trading during Roster Freeze.

Everyone is allowed in here as well, but we'd prefer you didn't post, just so we don't have to filter through everyone to have our own conversation.
Expansion discussion/help thread will suffice for any related issues. Thanks for bringing it to our attention regardless.
DirtyRebound liked this.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:50 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Shouls I pull whats in the news thread out for now? and just put in the expansion dates?

Until we agree that we are doing this (allowing people to fix their errors) and we will have to go inform teams of their errors as well.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:52 p.m.
Go Jackets

Until we agree that we are doing this (allowing people to fix their errors) and we will have to go inform teams of their errors as well.

Ok it has been removed from the thread.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:56 p.m.
Go Jackets
We may have to reconsider making a new official expansion draft thread. The current one looks like a freaking disaster.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:56 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Hey all Board members please read through Rico's ideas and state whether you support them or not and why. I support the ideas myself.

Let's call a vote on this and if something is wrong or someone disagrees, we'll address it before putting this out.

I'm good with this 1-0
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:57 p.m.
Go Jackets
I vote yes, measure is 2-0 in favor now.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 10:59 p.m.
Go Habs Go
We may have to reconsider making a new official expansion draft thread. The current one looks like a freaking disaster.

Yeah. We will have to transfer anyone that doesn't resubmit ourselves at the deadline though. They did what we asked and may not be back on in time to do it.
We'll also have to point out the errors GM's need to address, and then go fix those at the deadline if they don't resubmit with a correct list.

I don't know how much more I can emphasize that people should ask for help or have others verify their lists before submitting them either.
matt59 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 11:00 p.m.
Go Jackets

Yeah. We will have to transfer anyone that doesn't resubmit ourselves at the deadline though. They did what we asked and may not be back on in time to do it.
We'll also have to point out the errors GM's need to address, and then go fix those at the deadline if they don't resubmit with a correct list.

I don't know how much more I can emphasize that people should ask for help or have others verify their lists before submitting them either.

The lack of asking may be the most frustrating part imo. Most of the lists are not correctly formatted or missing something that could've been fixed with a simple question.
Apr. 27, 2017 at 11:03 p.m.
Go Jackets
Just to let you guys know I have to get off for the night and go to bed, been a tiring day. Will update myself on what's going on in the AM.
ricochetii liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll