Embarrassing Gutless and Bullied

Created by: Bruinsbeatz
Team: 2022-23 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: May 4, 2022
Published: May 4, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Cowardly performance from the Bruins.

The refs were awful but that’s no excuse .This team is not built for the playoffs just getting bullied up and down the ice. When someone gets taken out of a series like Lindholm just did and there’s no answer it’s just gutless.
Mcavoy and Marchand are your super stars who are not supposed to be the ones to keep the other team in check and there’s no one to protect guys like Bergy, hall and Pasta. This series has quickly gotten out of hand. Carolina is not even that tough and physical of a team they are just running all over the Bruins because no one will stop them. Not surprised a soft player in his days like Sweeney would build a soft team. It’s one thing to get beaten because Carolina is a better team which they clearly are but it’s another to just get ran through like they just did.

Yeah yeah I get it’s only game 2 but this it’s tough to watch a pathetic performance like this.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,000,000
3$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$4,000,000
3$2,400,000
3$1,750,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Wood, Miles [RFA Rights]
BOS
  1. 2022 5th round pick (ARI)
ARI
  1. Forbort, Derek
  2. Nosek, Tomas
Additional Details:
Anywhere
BOS
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (NYI)
WPG
  1. Studnicka, Jack
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (BOS)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$82,502,918$0$150,000-$2,918
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$2,375,000$2,375,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$883,750$883,750
C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
G
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
RW
RFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 4, 2022 at 10:16 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bruinsbeatz
Talking about Nosek, Forbort, Foligno and Reilly who take up a decent amount of cap that could be used for guys who bring something to the team that the bruins don’t have.
Nosek is good a face offs and then I am at a loss to find something else. And Foligno who you conveniently left out has been a disaster.

I forgot about foligno. He actually had an okay game tonight, despite being a terrible signing.

Nosek has been good. Not sure how one could think otherwise unless you were expecting a big time goal scorer or something.
May 4, 2022 at 10:17 p.m.
Signing two AHLers and overpaying for a 3rd pair D+bottom-6er will surely help.
KennyBoi liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
I wasn’t commenting on this particular trade, just the pattern.

So was I. 99.9% of the trades offered here for the Jets have Winnipeg giving away good players to acquire bad players and/or contacts.
May 4, 2022 at 10:25 p.m.
I forgot about foligno. He actually had an okay game tonight, despite being a terrible signing.

Nosek has been good. Not sure how one could think otherwise unless you were expecting a big time goal scorer or something.

I probably wouldn’t have a problem with Nosek with Foligno and Lazar were more physical but when you have a fourth line that doesn’t provide the physical play that the Bruins have always had on that line. The 4th line in the past has been an physical energy line that keeps the game in check and currently it’s just a dump and chase and do nothing line. Buy out Foligno let lazar walk and get 2 guys who bring that identity back to that line and then ya I probably don’t have a problem with Nosek.
May 4, 2022 at 10:27 p.m.
Quoting: bhavikp27
Signing two AHLers and overpaying for a 3rd pair D+bottom-6er will surely help.

Really confused why you are on this website if your calling Woods and Deslauriers AHLers
May 4, 2022 at 10:31 p.m.
Really confused why you are on this website if your calling Woods and Deslauriers AHLers

Deslauriers and Gudbranson are 14th F and 8th D. Overpaid for Wood and Dillon.
May 4, 2022 at 11:04 p.m.
Banned
I probably wouldn’t have a problem with Nosek with Foligno and Lazar were more physical but when you have a fourth line that doesn’t provide the physical play that the Bruins have always had on that line. The 4th line in the past has been an physical energy line that keeps the game in check and currently it’s just a dump and chase and do nothing line. Buy out Foligno let lazar walk and get 2 guys who bring that identity back to that line and then ya I probably don’t have a problem with Nosek.

Lazar is a good player. Should probably keep him around.
May 4, 2022 at 11:05 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Windjammer
So was I. 99.9% of the trades offered here for the Jets have Winnipeg giving away good players to acquire bad players and/or contacts.

No. Its futures. Because thats what they’re going to get.
May 4, 2022 at 11:11 p.m.
No. Its futures. Because thats what they’re going to get.

Well there's a difference between futures and crappy futures. 99.9% of the time the offers are crappy players/prospects for good players.
Mediumyeet liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 11:22 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Windjammer
Well there's a difference between futures and crappy futures. 99.9% of the time the offers are crappy players/prospects for good players.

No they aren’t. Jets fans have gotten super defensive for some reason.
May 4, 2022 at 11:57 p.m.
Seems like jets fans think their team is perfect and they really don’t need to add anyone realistic.

No they aren’t. Jets fans have gotten super defensive for some reason.

Sounds awfully familiar to a fan base that thinks they can compete in the playoffs with Haula as their 2C and claim a 2nd pair dman that played 16minutes in a playoff game that was down to 5dmen for a period is untouchable.
May 5, 2022 at 12:00 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Mediumyeet
Sounds awfully familiar to a fan base that thinks they can compete in the playoffs with Haula as their 2C and claim a 2nd pair dman that played 16minutes in a playoff game that was down to 5dmen for a period is untouchable.

No it doesn’t.

Man, why are canucks fans so bitter?
May 5, 2022 at 12:01 a.m.
No it doesn’t.

Man, why are canucks fans so bitter?

Lmao just calling you out for exactly what you're calling out the Jets fan for.
May 5, 2022 at 12:04 a.m.
Banned
Lmao just calling you out for exactly what you're calling out the Jets fan for.

Riiiight. Because now suggesting that aging contracts close to expiring are usually traded for futures is somehow the same?

FYI, relatively clear you didn’t watch that game. Haula was the bruins best center tonight. The problem was that Bergeron was the worst.
May 5, 2022 at 12:10 a.m.
Riiiight. Because now suggesting that aging contracts close to expiring are usually traded for futures is somehow the same?

FYI, relatively clear you didn’t watch that game. Haula was the bruins best center tonight. The problem was that Bergeron was the worst.

This quote in particular sounds a lot like how you think of the Bruins judging by your comments

"Seems like jets fans think their team is perfect and they really don’t need to add anyone realistic."
May 5, 2022 at 12:16 a.m.
Nah. Jets fans go crazy and say, (almost always with the word literally) how they don’t need anything except a top pair d man that they expect in trade for some reason.

I hope that jets fans don’t think that’s the only problem with the team. I mean, we need a good coach first. Then a big top 4 rd (doesn’t need to be top pair). Also, probably looking to add a big right winger with top 6 potential long term.

Therefore, yes, the only thing this team needs on paper (outside of proven depth) is a top 4 rd. And therefore is the only thing we need back in a trade. On paper the jets should have been a top end team. Stuff went wrong, and it wasn’t a problem with team composition (mostly).
May 5, 2022 at 12:21 a.m.
Banned
This quote in particular sounds a lot like how you think of the Bruins judging by your comments

"Seems like jets fans think their team is perfect and they really don’t need to add anyone realistic."

You think I think the bruins are perfect? Holy crap, you have not been paying attention. I’m extremely critical of this team, particularly their management, which i think is terrible. I thought Haula would be a disaster as a 2C. He wasn’t. Since taking over full time as Boston’s 2C in mid-february, he was tied for 15th in the NHL in even strength points. Haula at 2C isn’t the problem, the top line being asleep is.
May 5, 2022 at 12:22 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: arafay
I hope that jets fans don’t think that’s the only problem with the team. I mean, we need a good coach first. Then a big top 4 rd (doesn’t need to be top pair). Also, probably looking to add a big right winger with top 6 potential long term.

Therefore, yes, the only thing this team needs on paper (outside of proven depth) is a top 4 rd. And therefore is the only thing we need back in a trade. On paper the jets should have been a top end team. Stuff went wrong, and it wasn’t a problem with team composition (mostly).

I think its more so the Scheifele stuff. Someone will post a trade with a 1st (sometimes 2), a good prospect and a kicker and there will be some jets folk on here just saying, “if its not a top four d, the jets have no use for it.”

Its not happening.
May 5, 2022 at 12:32 a.m.
You think I think the bruins are perfect? Holy crap, you have not been paying attention. I’m extremely critical of this team, particularly their management, which i think is terrible. I thought Haula would be a disaster as a 2C. He wasn’t. Since taking over full time as Boston’s 2C in mid-february, he was tied for 15th in the NHL in even strength points. Haula at 2C isn’t the problem, the top line being asleep is.

Okay if the top line is the problem wouldn't it be helpful to add a top6C that has a higher offensive upside than 44pts to not only take some of the offensive pressure off Bergeron like Krecji used to do. Not only would it take some pressure off the first line, it would also make the 2nd line much more dangerous.

I'm just poking some fun at you with some of the early comments I made comparing your comments to the Jets fan.

But my honest opinion on the Bruins is they are very close to being cooked and being stuck in some tough years trying to rebuild. But having said that, I think if they are aggressive in trying to add a true top 6C (ideally a 1C) regardless of age and then some tweaks around the edges they can still compete for another 1-3yrs potentially.
May 5, 2022 at 1:04 a.m.
I think its more so the Scheifele stuff. Someone will post a trade with a 1st (sometimes 2), a good prospect and a kicker and there will be some jets folk on here just saying, “if its not a top four d, the jets have no use for it.”

Its not happening.

Lmaooo if u think the jets won’t get at least a top 4 rd for an elite 1c, you are kidding yourself. The market for him if he would be moved is going to be giant. Would be near what Matt duchene picked up at least. And scheifele is much better than duchene.

A reminder that duchene got: A 1st (was thought to be late), a third, Shane Bowers (top prospect at the time), Andrew Hammond (coming off a magical run to get Ottawa to the playoffs, though only a backup), a 2nd, Samuel Girard (Not a top prospect but still A level prospect), and Vladislav Kamenev (young roster player)

And that’s a quantity trade, not a quality one. At the time, duchene at requested a trade, was more disgruntled than scheifele, also only had 2 years left, and didn’t have 6 consecutive pt/game seasons (with 30 goal pace in each).
May 5, 2022 at 8:01 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: arafay
Lmaooo if u think the jets won’t get at least a top 4 rd for an elite 1c, you are kidding yourself. The market for him if he would be moved is going to be giant. Would be near what Matt duchene picked up at least. And scheifele is much better than duchene.

A reminder that duchene got: A 1st (was thought to be late), a third, Shane Bowers (top prospect at the time), Andrew Hammond (coming off a magical run to get Ottawa to the playoffs, though only a backup), a 2nd, Samuel Girard (Not a top prospect but still A level prospect), and Vladislav Kamenev (young roster player)

And that’s a quantity trade, not a quality one. At the time, duchene at requested a trade, was more disgruntled than scheifele, also only had 2 years left, and didn’t have 6 consecutive pt/game seasons (with 30 goal pace in each).

So have you never paid attention to NHL trades ever?

Players like him get futures. You referenced duchene. Great example sport! What did he get? Futures. What do they always get? Futures. What’s Scheifele gonna get? Futures.

No team looking to add is going to subtract a top of the lineup guy off their roster. It just isnt going to happen. But thank you for playing into the stereotype.
May 5, 2022 at 8:03 a.m.
Banned
Okay if the top line is the problem wouldn't it be helpful to add a top6C that has a higher offensive upside than 44pts to not only take some of the offensive pressure off Bergeron like Krecji used to do. Not only would it take some pressure off the first line, it would also make the 2nd line much more dangerous.

I'm just poking some fun at you with some of the early comments I made comparing your comments to the Jets fan.

But my honest opinion on the Bruins is they are very close to being cooked and being stuck in some tough years trying to rebuild. But having said that, I think if they are aggressive in trying to add a true top 6C (ideally a 1C) regardless of age and then some tweaks around the edges they can still compete for another 1-3yrs potentially.

They didn’t look like that this season. They didn’t look like that game 1. They sort of looked like that in game 2.

I’m not too worried about any re-tool. Their best player is 24. I just kind of hope they trade pastrnak for a haul rather than try to keep him as the core.
May 5, 2022 at 11:11 a.m.
Honestly this team isn’t any tougher than the one now.

Anyway, I’m a firm believer the reason why BOS has looked so lifeless is due to the fans. Every little hit, goal, penalty, etc. they get extremely loud, and with a crowd that engaged to the game carries huge momentum for the home team. That’s why there’s a saying that a series is never over until you lose at home. Momentum is a hell of a drug, that’s why the Canes look like they’re playing with a kind of swagger. Best way to beat that is scoring early and shutting the crowd up, but BOS hasn’t done that.

Hopefully the fans in BOS can resonate that same energy and swing the momentum. I’ll gladly eat my words but that’s my takeaway why this series looks so lopsided when really it shouldn’t.

Also I think Butch has got to go with Sway just to change something up. Forward group is fine and obvi Reilly subs in for Lindy
May 5, 2022 at 11:15 a.m.

Lazar and Foligno are #1-2 respectively for hit leaders on the team. You’re wrong about that 4th line not being physical. They’re playing to their identity perfectly fine
May 5, 2022 at 1:57 p.m.
So have you never paid attention to NHL trades ever?

Players like him get futures. You referenced duchene. Great example sport! What did he get? Futures. What do they always get? Futures. What’s Scheifele gonna get? Futures.

No team looking to add is going to subtract a top of the lineup guy off their roster. It just isnt going to happen. But thank you for playing into the stereotype.

1) A top 4 d-man isn’t the top of your lineup. 2) the avs were looking for futures, not proven players back.

If you think the jets won’t be able to get at least 1 piece that they want back, then you’re just wrong. Also, a big top 4 rd can also be a future as well. A prospect would do. Maybe a Schneider or even Brandt Clarke if LA is interested. If the jets move schiefele, they won’t be a contender immediately anyway.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll