LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$825,000$825,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
RFA
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$2,950,000$2,950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
RFA - 2
$4,916,667$4,916,667
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 12, 2022 at 12:05 a.m.
Unfortunately not a single interesting piece for Winnipeg in the unlikely event that they decided to move Dubois. I would imagine one of Cozens, Dahlin or Power would need to be going back to Winnipeg for it to make sense for the Jets.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 12:05 a.m.
Banned
Winnipeg and Tampa pass.
Leddy gets more term like 4 years.
PLD doesn't sign that. Probably looking at $7,500,000 x 8 years for PLD. And i don't see him leaving Winnipeg for Buffalo.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 12:17 a.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
Unfortunately not a single interesting piece for Winnipeg in the unlikely event that they decided to move Dubois. I would imagine one of Cozens, Dahlin or Power would need to be going back to Winnipeg for it to make sense for the Jets.

Dahlin or power? You can't be serious
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 12:33 a.m.
Quoting: wojme
Dahlin or power? You can't be serious

The Jets have no reason to trade Dubois. You want a young 1C, you'd need to entice the Jets to move him. An older winger the Jets don't need along with a disappointing player and a couple late picks aren't anything that is going to make Winnipeg sit up and take notice.
Nix liked this.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 4:34 a.m.
The Jets have no reason to trade Dubois.

if cannot agree to extension, then there is your reason. We will see, but for sure Sabres will the first to call, when that happen.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 8:03 a.m.
The Jets have no reason to trade Dubois. You want a young 1C, you'd need to entice the Jets to move him. An older winger the Jets don't need along with a disappointing player and a couple late picks aren't anything that is going to make Winnipeg sit up and take notice.

But then going around and saying that they need one of dahlin or power is extreme in the other direction.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 1:12 p.m.
But then going around and saying that they need one of dahlin or power is extreme in the other direction.

Not really. You want a player that the Jets have no intention of trading, so why would the Jets trade him without getting something valuable that they need in return? You want a young 1C, one of the Jets best players, it will cost you one of your best players.

There's no incentive for Winnipeg to consider anything less.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
...You want a young 1C, you'd need to entice the Jets to move him. An older winger...
Let's clear here, over their careers Olofsson averages 0.67 pts/gm and Dubois is averaging 0.66 pts/gm.
While these may not be the pieces you would want, this is a HUGE over pay for someone whose best year is 28 goals and 61 pts.
@Windjammer I am very happy that you are rejecting this trade as Buffalo should NOT be making the same mistake again of trading picks and prospects for second line players (yes, Dubois stats are more akin to a second line center).
Put Mittelstadt between Olofsson and Quinn next year then let's compare Casey and Victor to Dubois.
I would NEVER offer this much for Dubois, it is more than the Sabres got for Jack Eichel.
Mittelstadt = Krebs
Olofsson < Tuch
2022 1st round pick (VGK) = 2022 1st round pick (VGK)
2023 2nd round pick (PHI) > 2023 2nd round pick (VGK)
2022 3rd round pick (BUF) >>> nothing

Let's also remember Dubois ASKED to be traded out of Columbus, what makes you think he will want to play in Buffalo.
I would rather have 2 pieces of my second line than Dubois.

If @Windjammer thinks Dubois is worth Cozens or Dahlin, you go ahead and make that post and see how many LOL's you get.
wojme and GMTD liked this.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
Edited Jun. 12, 2022 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Let's clear here, over their careers Olofsson averages 0.67 pts/gm and Dubois is averaging 0.66 pts/gm.
While these may not be the pieces you would want, this is a HUGE over pay for someone whose best year is 28 goals and 61 pts.
Windjammer I am very happy that you are rejecting this trade as Buffalo should NOT be making the same mistake again of trading picks and prospects for second line players (yes, Dubois stats are more akin to a second line center).
Put Mittelstadt between Olofsson and Quinn next year then let's compare Casey and Victor to Dubois.
I would NEVER offer this much for Dubois, it is more than the Sabres got for Jack Eichel.
Mittelstadt = Krebs
Olofsson < Tuch

Let's also remember Dubois ASKED to be traded out of Columbus, what makes you think he will want to play in Buffalo.

If Windjammer thinks Dubois is worth Cozens or Dahlin, you go ahead and make that post and see how many LOL's you get.

Let's not forget the most important fact in this trade proposal. It is Buffalo asking for a Winnipeg player. The Jets aren't looking to move Dubois. The Jets aren't obligated to make the trade because through all kinds of twists and turns you think it's fair value.

You bring up the Eichel trade which isn't a comparable at all. Eichel was seriously injured, Dubois isn't. Eichel was demanding a surgery that had never been performed on a hockey player before, Dubois isn't. Eichel had said he would never play for Buffalo again, Dubois hasn't said that about Winnipeg, Eichel demanded a trade, Dubois hasn't. Finally and most importantly, Eichel was traded by a woefully mismanaged Buffalo front office, Winnipeg is competently managed and is not bound by Buffalo's stupidity to accept a poor value trade comprised of players they don't need if moving Dubois.

Then you bring up Olofsson's production being similar to Dubois. No one cares, Olofsson is a winger with less responsibilities, Dubois is a 1C with more responsibilities and is 3 years younger. Olofsson is looking for a new contract. Olofsson would be Winnipeg's fourth best winger. Olofsson plays the easiest position in all of hockey to fill LW, Dubois plays the hardest position in hockey to fill 1C. Dubois makes players around him better, like Connor with 47 goals. Olofsson as a winger can't do that.

Mittlestadt while you may overrate him is nowhere close to Krebs in quality and at best is a marginal bottom six player, easily found in house by every team in the NHL. The same reason Sabres fans constantly try to dump him is the same reason no one wants him and he has very little value. The best description for him is "huge disappointment."

So, when you look at the actual facts of this proposal you can see why Winnipeg turns it down easily.

Buffalo is asking for one of Winnipeg's best young players, that the Jets have no intention of moving. If Buffalo isn't offering up one their best young players, the Jets aren't going to listen.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 5:55 p.m.
Meow
Let's not forget the most important fact in this trade proposal. It is Buffalo asking for a Winnipeg player. The Jets aren't looking to move Dubois. The Jets aren't obligated to make the trade because through all kinds of twists and turns you think it's fair value.

You bring up the Eichel trade which isn't a comparable at all. Eichel was seriously injured, Dubois isn't. Eichel was demanding a surgery that had never been performed on a hockey player before, Dubois isn't. Eichel had said he would never play for Buffalo again, Dubois hasn't said that about Winnipeg, Eichel demanded a trade, Dubois hasn't. Finally and most importantly, Eichel was traded by a woefully mismanaged Buffalo front office, Winnipeg is competently managed and is not bound by Buffalo's stupidity to accept a poor value trade comprised of players they don't need if moving Dubois.

Then you bring up Olofsson's production being similar to Dubois. No one cares, Olofsson is a winger with less responsibilities, Dubois is a 1C with more responsibilities and is 3 years younger. Olofsson is looking for a new contract. Olofsson would be Winnipeg's fourth best winger. Olofsson plays the easiest position in all of hockey to fill LW, Dubois plays the hardest position in hockey to fill 1C. Dubois makes players around him better, like Connor with 47 goals. Olofsson as a winger can't do that.

Mittlestadt while you may overrate him is nowhere close to Krebs in quality and at best is a marginal bottom six player, easily found in house by every team in the NHL. The same reason Sabres fans constantly try to dump him is the same reason no one wants him and he has very little value. The best description for him is "huge disappointment."

So, when you look at the actual facts of this proposal you can see why Winnipeg turns it down easily.

Buffalo is asking for one of Winnipeg's best young players, that the Jets have no intention of moving. If Buffalo isn't offering up one their best young players, the Jets aren't going to listen.

My only question is on a website full of hypotheticals, why the jets “have no intention of trading him”. Like how do you know that for sure? Legitimate question bc I might be missing something. The jets shouldn’t have anyone off the table because they are in no mans land in the middle of the pack and several players away from any sort of contention. That’s just my honest opinion.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 5:57 p.m.
Meow
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Windjammer I am very happy that you are rejecting this trade as Buffalo should NOT be making the same mistake again of trading picks and prospects for second line players (yes, Dubois stats are more akin to a second line center).
Mittelstadt = Krebs
Olofsson < Tuch

If Windjammer thinks Dubois is worth Cozens or Dahlin, you go ahead and make that post and see how many LOL's you get.

I agree with you actually. Not all my acgms are trades that I’d be a huge fan of, I more like to play with assets and then look at the overall roster at the end. I feel like acgms should come with that disclaimer option that it’s not a serious one lol.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: Smithcd995
My only question is on a website full of hypotheticals, why the jets “have no intention of trading him”. Like how do you know that for sure? Legitimate question bc I might be missing something. The jets shouldn’t have anyone off the table because they are in no mans land in the middle of the pack and several players away from any sort of contention. That’s just my honest opinion.

Well true, none of us really know. All we can do is offer is opinions based on what we know about the team and how they have behaved in the past. The Jets spent two or three seasons and a couple first round picks at the TDL trying to find a second legit top 6C. Finally, ending up by trading Laine to get one. It just seems to go against management's actions over the past three seasons.

I guess the best way to say it with the infomation we have, is that Dubois isn't being shopped. I'm sure any player is available for the right price.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 8:17 p.m.
Meow
Well true, none of us really know. All we can do is offer is opinions based on what we know about the team and how they have behaved in the past. The Jets spent two or three seasons and a couple first round picks at the TDL trying to find a second legit top 6C. Finally, ending up by trading Laine to get one. It just seems to go against management's actions over the past three seasons.

I guess the best way to say it with the infomation we have, is that Dubois isn't being shopped. I'm sure any player is available for the right price.

Understood. It’s not the best fit for either team and top 6 Cs don’t move often. Was just playing with ideas is all. I think Winnipeg ultimately moves a few older guys while keeping Dubois Connor ehlers etc
Windjammer and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 8:22 p.m.
Quoting: Smithcd995
Understood. It’s not the best fit for either team and top 6 Cs don’t move often. Was just playing with ideas is all. I think Winnipeg ultimately moves a few older guys while keeping Dubois Connor ehlers etc

That's cool. If you add in the description of your ACGM that it is for fun, or just to see how your team world look, you probably won't get as many comments on the trades.

But when you do it like this, most people assume you want comments on the trade values. It's all good though.
Jun. 12, 2022 at 8:24 p.m.
Meow
That's cool. If you add in the description of your ACGM that it is for fun, or just to see how your team world look, you probably won't get as many comments on the trades.

But when you do it like this, most people assume you want comments on the trade values. It's all good though.

Trust me not a soul reads the description lol. People just wanna be mad at random usernames on the internet no matter what you say as a disclaimer. Weird part of human psychology for sure.
Windjammer and gretzkyghosts liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll