1$750,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Lambert, Brad
3$925,000
Trades
NYI
  1. Girard, Samuel
Additional Details:
Isles have traded with Sakic once before. We know how that ended up, but there is history between them at the very least.
COL
  1. Beauvillier, Anthony
Additional Details:
Avs are probably losing two of Kadri/Nichushkin/Burakovsky. Beau replaces one of the wingers. Avs have Byram ready to assume LD2 duties and just won the Cup without Girard so he is clearly expendable.
NYI
  1. Räty, Aku [Reserve List]
Additional Details:
Isles have also traded with the Yotes pretty recently so Lou dials up an old pal. They get back the older brother of prospect Aatu Raty. He may not amount to much (only had 22pts in 56 Liiga games this year) but having them in the system, and possibly playing in Bridgeport together at the same time is cool. Could help Aatu get acclimated faster.
ARI
  1. Bailey, Josh
  2. Pánik, Richard
  3. 2023 4th round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Bailey is not a cap dump and maintains some value. His actual cash owed is less than his AAV which screams Arizona. He will play in their top-6 and provide some leadership to a young room. Panik is an expiring contract and a body for the roster.
NYI
  1. Samsonov, Ilya [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
I was about $1.6m over the cap before this trade. Varly was the obvious piece to move. The Isles get another Russian goalie to pair with Sorokin. Samsonov had a rough year but he is worth taking a chance on. He will probably get 25-30 favorable matchup starts on the low end, but the Isles could still rotate him in more than that.
WSH
  1. Varlamov, Semyon
Additional Details:
Washington wants to improve their goalie position and links up with an old friend. I doubt they are on Varly's 16 team NTC
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$82,089,963$245,796$1,287,500$410,037
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$11,000,000$11,000,000
LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the New York Islanders
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,150,000$6,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:39 a.m.
Colorado and Washington decline
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:41 a.m.
Islanders Fan
Quoting: Hullsy09
Colorado and Washington decline

I've seen ACGMs from the other team make these exact trades but alright lol
Hullsy09 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:43 a.m.
Girard could be moved this offseason, but he is not expendable. Beauvillier is a decent pick up and could help the Avs middle 6 alot but at the proposal of 1 to 1, Girard is the better asset to keep onto.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:44 a.m.
Quoting: joshelkin
I've seen ACGMs from the other team make these exact trades but alright lol

I’m not a fan of either team so I could be off but I don’t think either one is that close. Who knows though you will never find a place with more polarizing opinions than here haha
joshelkin liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
Caps MIGHT do it for Vanecek, but they aren't trading Sammy for 1 year of Varly.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
Islanders Fan
Quoting: coga16
Girard could be moved this offseason, but he is not expendable. Beauvillier is a decent pick up and could help the Avs middle 6 alot but at the proposal of 1 to 1, Girard is the better asset to keep onto.

When I say Girard is expendable I don't mean he's worthless. But like, he very evidently isn't a piece they necessarily need to make the run that they did. Maybe the Isles can throw in a prospect like Bolduc to bridge the gap but I think for what each team needs we make pretty good trading partners in this situation
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:47 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Dobson won’t sign that bridge deal so you are gonna end up over the cap. I also don’t think isles r gonna have to dump bailey tbh but that’s a minor detail. Real issue here is that isles can’t Girard if they signed Johnny Hockey which means you would have to find an alternative Beau trade.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:48 a.m.
Islanders Fan
Quoting: ClockReads2113
Caps MIGHT do it for Vanecek, but they aren't trading Sammy for 1 year of Varly.

Caps rode Vanecek more this season no? Plus they traded back for him after expansion. I'd think all else being equal that they value him more. Also, Varly could always extend in Washington. Don't know if he only there for the year necessarily
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:49 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
When I say Girard is expendable I don't mean he's worthless. But like, he very evidently isn't a piece they necessarily need to make the run that they did. Maybe the Isles can throw in a prospect like Bolduc to bridge the gap but I think for what each team needs we make pretty good trading partners in this situation

Honestly I don’t understand this idea that Girard is worth more than Beau tbh. He has great numbers on a really good team, but they won a cup with Jack Johnson playing on the third pair lol. I don’t think a guy who is hurt holds the kind of value Avs fans think he does.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:50 a.m.

Avs wont be able to keep Manson, EJ may retire (he said he thought about it last year). If you lose those those guys, their top 4 is still Makar Byram, toews and Girard. They need to keep their talent in the top 4. Depending on what happens with EJ and or Manson, Girard isnt really expendable.

If Manson comes back at a 4x4 cap hit then yes I can see the logic of him becoming easier to move. Unless there is a top 4 replacement plan in place for Girard, I think hes in the have to pry him out of Colorado territory
joshelkin liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:50 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Caps rode Vanecek more this season no? Plus they traded back for him after expansion. I'd think all else being equal that they value him more. Also, Varly could always extend in Washington. Don't know if he only there for the year necessarily

Real issue here is that Samsanov is ten years younger than Varly. But the Isles have no incentive to trade Varly to a division rival without a good return. Since Sorokin needs a someone to speak Russian with it doesn’t make sense to trade Varly for anyone on Washington but Samsanov.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:51 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Avs wont be able to keep Manson, EJ may retire (he said he thought about it last year). If you lose those those guys, their top 4 is still Makar Byram, toews and Girard. They need to keep their talent in the top 4. Depending on what happens with EJ and or Manson, Girard isnt really expendable.

If Manson comes back at a 4x4 cap hit then yes I can see the logic of him becoming easier to move. Unless there is a top 4 replacement plan in place for Girard, I think hes in the have to pry him out of Colorado territory

I’m not worried about Manson leaving the Avs tbh lol. I think he won’t command more than 4 X 4 anyway and if he leaves it’s not gonna be nearly as easy to play with a defenseman not named Byram lol.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:51 a.m.
Islanders Fan
Quoting: Isles5513
Dobson won’t sign that bridge deal so you are gonna end up over the cap. I also don’t think isles r gonna have to dump bailey tbh but that’s a minor detail. Real issue here is that isles can’t Girard if they signed Johnny Hockey which means you would have to find an alternative Beau trade.

I think we may be a bit surprised on the number Dobson gets. He looked amazing, do not get me wrong, but is a stretch of 50 or whatever games he had really going to break the bank on a bridge? He should not make more than Pulock or Pelech out of principle. And hell, if anything the Isles already showed him some goodwill by not sending him back to juniors and letting him grow with the group. He got NHL salary before he should have lol
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
I think we may be a bit surprised on the number Dobson gets. He looked amazing, do not get me wrong, but is a stretch of 50 or whatever games he had really going to break the bank on a bridge? He should not make more than Pulock or Pelech out of principle. And hell, if anything the Isles already showed him some goodwill by not sending him back to juniors and letting him grow with the group. He got NHL salary before he should have lol

You have to remember Dobson broke out when Pulock got hurt. His improvement came because of increased ice time. Also the islanders keeping him up in 19-20 instead of sending him to juniors isn’t a sign of good will. It’s a sign of stupidity lmao.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:54 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan

I mean I could see Dobson sliding in at 3 and 15-18 million total. The idea he shouldn’t get more than Pelech who took a discount isn’t that realistic. Pelech chose to take that to play with Pulock and Dobson isn’t taking a discount to play with Big Z or Andy Greene lmao.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:56 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan

I would try and trade Bailey for Schmidt before cap dumping him. Might be able to find a team willing to part with a third rounder for him and then flip that pick for Schmidt or someone like him anyway.

Then I’d trade Beau for draft capital and then I’d move Varly. I think if u treat Bailey as a negative asset and you don’t get draft capital for Beau then this team will be in cap hell for the foreseeable future.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:56 a.m.
Islanders Fan
You have to remember Dobson broke out when Pulock got hurt. His improvement came because of increased ice time. Also the islanders keeping him up in 19-20 instead of sending him to juniors isn’t a sign of good will. It’s a sign of stupidity lmao.

I don't think it was stupid at all. He won two memorial cups and was dominating that age group. They eased him in and got acclimated to the big stage with the best talent in the world. From an ELC standpoint sure sliding another year would have been nice. But learning with the d-partners he has had since being here is definitely valuable
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:57 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
I don't think it was stupid at all. He won two memorial cups and was dominating that age group. They eased him in and got acclimated to the big stage with the best talent in the world. From an ELC standpoint sure sliding another year would have been nice. But learning with the d-partners he has had since being here is definitely valuable

Sitting him behind Boychuk was not a gesture of good will tho lol. It was a terrible move just from a control standpoint and that can’t be denied. It’s not like they even played him! They did the same **** with beau under Garth and that didn’t help them either!
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan

Only thing he’s learned from Greene and Chara is how to patrol the whole blue line by himself. End of the day I don’t c why he gives them a discount cause they sure as hell haven’t earned it.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:59 a.m.
Islanders Fan
Only thing he’s learned from Greene and Chara is how to patrol the whole blue line by himself. End of the day I don’t c why he gives them a discount cause they sure as hell haven’t earned it.

Maybe we remember the early start to Dobson's career differently. I recall him having the yips pretty consistently. I really don't mind the way he was sheltered. Wasn't totally ready to be thrown to the wolves. Now? I'd put him out there against anybody and I pray he doesn't have a ball and chain like Chara dragging him down
Jun. 27, 2022 at 11:01 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Maybe we remember the early start to Dobson's career differently. I recall him having the yips pretty consistently. I really don't mind the way he was sheltered. Wasn't totally ready to be thrown to the wolves. Now? I'd put him out there against anybody and I pray he doesn't have a ball and chain like Chara dragging him down

Oh he had the yips cause he needed another year. It would’ve been better to let him play in the Q another year and focus on his defense and development.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 11:03 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan

They burned a year of control and didn’t play him. If he played 82 games I would not have minded it. But this was the worst of both worlds. He didn’t play and he lacked confidence because of it. Personally I don’t c the advantages but this is a fanbase who gives credit to Barry for scratching guys. Scratching Pelech didn’t make him an all star. Benching Barzal for long stretches during his first year behind the bench didn’t help Barzal. Dobson broke out cause Pulock got hurt and they had to play him. Organization deserves 0 and I mean 0 credit for his development. It’s a ****ing embarrassment.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 11:04 a.m.

They split pretty evenly this past season going with the hot hand. I think its generally accepted among fans and management/coaching that Vanacek is more consistent, but is consistently average to slightly below average. He will make almost all the saves he should, but almost none of the ones he shouldn't and a 1b/backup is probably both his ceiling and his floor. Samsonov is inconsistent and definitely can cost you some games, but does have the ability to keep you in games you probably shouldn't. He definitely has more talent and a higher upside.

If they are move one of the two for a stopgap (in terms of age / contract) goalie like Varlamov, I think they would prefer to move VV. If they were getting someone they think can be the starter for the next 3-5 years (Gibson, Kuemper), I think they would want to move Samsonov. If they did the straight up deal you proposed here I wouldn't be mad or think they got screwed, but there are probably better options (for the Islanders as well) out there.
joshelkin and Kalopsia liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 12:54 p.m.
ALjet12

Would you trade Girard if the isles included the 2022 1st round pick
Jun. 27, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.

They like Sammy more for sure. Much higher ceiling. And Caps shouldn't be in the business of signing 36 year old goalies. If they bring in Varly it's to help Sammy then let him be the starter the following season. At least that's how I see it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll