SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Edmonton Oilers

Which goalie should the Oilers go after?

Which of the following goalies should the Oilers pick up this off season?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 5, 2022 at 8:12 p.m.
Guide Record Book
There's been a lot of rumors the Oilers are linked to a few goalies out there. Jack Campbell and Ville Husso are the prominent goalies that's been circulating for a while now. Which goalie do you think the Oilers should get this off season to play with Stuart Skinner for the upcoming NHL season?
Jul. 5, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
Ban Price trades
It's probably not the most popular idea but I'm big on Bobrovsky at 50% retention in exchange for Edmonton's two LTI contracts (Klefbom and Smith). The move saves Florida about $11M in cap space for this season.

I think Campbell and Kuemper only end up with the Oilers at or north of $6M annually, God forbid the term. Therein lies some partial upside to Bobrovsky: at max retention he's guaranteed to be cheaper while coming in with an almost guaranteed shorter term than the two big-fish UFAs.

Husso is too raw for me and I'd rather see some other franchise gamble on him. Georgiev and Gibson aren't good enough to warrant a tandem job with Skinner. Either Washington goalie would be fine by me so long as Edmonton invested heavily on defense this summer. I wouldn't hate Reimer as a one-year stopgap.

Hellebucyk probably costs far too much this summer to acquire him, but his name would be high on my list along with Jarry should Edmonton go with a short-term solution.
ThirdPeriodCringe liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 1:06 p.m.
Guide Record Book
Georgiev is off the list.

Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
Oil for life
Leverage an offer sheet to force a trade with Dallas for Oettinger they may accept Puljiarvi and a 1st this would allow the Oilers to sign him for cheaper. Dallas are going to be in the midst of a rebuild as half there team is UFA this year and the other half next year.
BeterChiarelli liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: TheKomet
Leverage an offer sheet to force a trade with Dallas for Oettinger they may accept Puljiarvi and a 1st this would allow the Oilers to sign him for cheaper. Dallas are going to be in the midst of a rebuild as half there team is UFA this year and the other half next year.

That is an absolute garbage take. Dallas is doing perfectly fine, and there's no real offer sheet threat as DAL is able to match any offer EDM or anyone else would muster.

Their contract situation isn't even close to as bad people seem to think.
Jul. 8, 2022 at 11:31 a.m.
Guide Record Book
Husso and Vanacek are gone.

Jul. 8, 2022 at 1:44 p.m.
Darcy Kuemper vs Jack Campbell

Edmonton vs Toronto

All the other musical chairs that matter have stopped.

Wildcards are Mike Smith retirement question; and potential Bobrovsky, Gibson, and/or LA Kings (Quick or Peterson) trades.

Other trade rumors for James Reimer/Adin Hill or Joonas Korpisalo should only be seen as backup options for any NHL teams.

Sabres are not likely to go after one of the big names and are not taking a cap dump like Bobrovsky for 4 years when they have young goalies of the future 2-3 years away.
Jul. 8, 2022 at 3:21 p.m.
Guide Record Book
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Darcy Kuemper vs Jack Campbell

Edmonton vs Toronto

All the other musical chairs that matter have stopped.

Wildcards are Mike Smith retirement question; and potential Bobrovsky, Gibson, and/or LA Kings (Quick or Peterson) trades.

Other trade rumors for James Reimer/Adin Hill or Joonas Korpisalo should only be seen as backup options for any NHL teams.

Sabres are not likely to go after one of the big names and are not taking a cap dump like Bobrovsky for 4 years when they have young goalies of the future 2-3 years away.

Mike Smith was confirmed going to LTIR.

Oilers are most likely going after Campbell in free agency.
Jul. 8, 2022 at 4:09 p.m.
Oil for life
Quoting: justaBoss
That is an absolute garbage take. Dallas is doing perfectly fine, and there's no real offer sheet threat as DAL is able to match any offer EDM or anyone else would muster.

Their contract situation isn't even close to as bad people seem to think.

There entire team is do for contract extensions within the two years except for there garbage contacts of Benn and Seguin and i don't think they pay Oettinger 6m+
Jul. 8, 2022 at 4:10 p.m.
Oil for life
Quoting: ThirdPeriodCringe
Mike Smith was confirmed going to LTIR.

Oilers are most likely going after Campbell in free agency.

I think your right but with Toronto dropping Mrazek they may opt to resign him
Jul. 8, 2022 at 5:36 p.m.
Guide Record Book
I think your right but with Toronto dropping Mrazek they may opt to resign him

Will Leafs have enough cap space to sign Campbell? 10.2M of cap space spread over 3 RFAs, 3 UFAs, and a goalie. I'd assume at the very least 7.5M would be tied to those RFAs alone and that leaves them with 2.5M left in cap space needing to sign the UFAs and still missing a goalie to sign.

f32f156eac.png
Jul. 8, 2022 at 7:33 p.m.
Guide Record Book
From yesterday's tweet. Kuemper or Campbell for 5-5.5M AAV I'd imagine. Husso got 4.75M AAVx3.

Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:21 p.m.
Guide Record Book
In terms of cap space, Oils got more to give to Campbell but anything higher than 5M we might have to look elsewhere.

Jul. 10, 2022 at 5:03 p.m.
Guide Record Book

Jul. 11, 2022 at 5:10 p.m.
Guide Record Book
Rumors of Kuemper going to Washington is more than likely to happen.

Jul. 11, 2022 at 6:50 p.m.
Guide Record Book

Jul. 11, 2022 at 8:13 p.m.
Guide Record Book

Jul. 11, 2022 at 8:23 p.m.
Guide Record Book

Jul. 13, 2022 at 2:03 p.m.
Guide Record Book
Term is a year too long but that keeps the AAV down.

oilersguy liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 7:23 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: ThirdPeriodCringe
Georgiev is off the list.

very very glad the Oilers didn't pay this

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit