LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
UFA
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$880,833$880,833
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$780,000$780,000
LW, C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 22, 2022 at 1:16 p.m.
Quoting: tsyls
Completely get why MTL isn’t moving Suzuki for PLD, I wouldn’t either. I just said that Chevy won’t budge on his asking price because he doesn’t owe PLD or Montreal anything. I just was voicing that a lot of fans get their judgement clouded by excitement and overreaction. Which is totally true, I wanted to see mark scheifele sent to the moon after his exit media availability and now I don’t feel that way at all.

I just think that fans on both sides of the PLD and MTL situation need to temper their expectations. MTL isn’t going to be able to pluck PLD away for cheap, and Winnipeg isn’t going to return a Caufield or Suzuki. But I can guarantee that there will be a team who’s desperate at the TDL looking to go on a deep run that will pay the price Chevy is asking.

Yea that's a fair assessment for sure. I can understand his patience and asking for the moon in return as he owes nothing to anyone in this situation but to let it dwell on could also take a turn for the worse for WPG and nosedive his value to where they don't get much of anything coming back. MTL is going to have to pay to get him if they really want him but again, it will be pieces that are considered expendable in the long term scheme of the rebuild. Most fan assessments of players and teams are out to lunch so we can debate all day and night about what equates to proper value for a trade here but essentially a couple mid-tier roster players, a top prospect or a couple mid-tier prospects, and a 1st (possibly a later pick as well depending on the package presented) is a fairly healthy return. "Cap-dump" is a relative term that, on here, implies that a player has no value next to their contract amount. That being said, players we see as "cap-dumps" may not be viewed as such by GMs. Fans are quick to over and under value players as we tend to include wild emotion into most of what we believe.
tsyls liked this.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.
Wpgman
Quoting: Campabee
Montreal is not giving up Barron, Winnipeg is not in a position to be demanding they do either. The Jets really won't get "fair value" for Dubois just like the Habs won't get "fair value" for Drouin. Both players now have a reputation of giving up on their teams, neither will return what we hope they would in a trade and add to that that PLD not only requested a trade but his agent also said he would like to play for Montreal as soon as possible, and that further decreases his value.

Dubois hasn't given up in WPG. Played hard last year and was a force in the world championships. As far as I know he wants to be traded to MTL but is not forcing a trade. He has also said that he wants to explore free agency in 2 years but since he is playing for a contract he will not be giving up anytime soon. If he was to be traded to MTL is he just signing a 2 year contract? I don't think so. IF MTL would be trading for him then it would be a long term deal so you have to take that in consideration. So the question right now is? Is 8 years of Dubois worth Dvorak, Barron, Drouin, and a 1st? I think it is pretty close.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: habs_need_Scoring
And i'm saying in this situation no one else has less leverage then him. he can wait and also run the risk of being left with an injured dubois at the deadline, or being half into a playoff run and not wanting to rent out one of his key players even though he's going to walk. Time brings risk that only fall on his side of the equation.

I think this hasn't been stated enough. While Jets fans are right that Chevy has leverage just for having control of the player for 2 years. Jets also have all the risk.
Injuries, underperforming (intentionally or not), and playoff contention could really impact the price or even the availability of PLD.

MTL has some leverage too, being they know Dubois wants to play and sign long term for them, and that they can afford to wait the 2 years seeing that they won't be competitive during that time. But they also hold zero risk in this situation. Dubois never factored into Hughes' rebuild/retool plan, and the Habs can walk away from this with zero impact to their roster or plans.
habs_need_Scoring liked this.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 1:56 p.m.
Wpgman
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
Yea that's a fair assessment for sure. I can understand his patience and asking for the moon in return as he owes nothing to anyone in this situation but to let it dwell on could also take a turn for the worse for WPG and nosedive his value to where they don't get much of anything coming back. MTL is going to have to pay to get him if they really want him but again, it will be pieces that are considered expendable in the long term scheme of the rebuild. Most fan assessments of players and teams are out to lunch so we can debate all day and night about what equates to proper value for a trade here but essentially a couple mid-tier roster players, a top prospect or a couple mid-tier prospects, and a 1st (possibly a later pick as well depending on the package presented) is a fairly healthy return. "Cap-dump" is a relative term that, on here, implies that a player has no value next to their contract amount. That being said, players we see as "cap-dumps" may not be viewed as such by GMs. Fans are quick to over and under value players as we tend to include wild emotion into most of what we believe.

So is Dvorak and Drouin mid tier roster players?
So is Barron a top prospect?
and obvoiusly the FLA 2022 1st is a later round 1st.

So yes Dubois for Dvorak, Drouin, Barron, and FLA 1st is a fairly healthy return for WPG but also good for MTL
tsyls liked this.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Wpgman
MTL has to realize that in 2 years allot can change as in Dubois changing his mind and sign somewhere else. So waiting 2 years might actually mean not getting him at all. Make the trade now and sign him long term.
tsyls liked this.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Wpgman
MTL has to realize that in 2 years allot can change as in Dubois changing his mind and sign somewhere else. So waiting 2 years might actually mean not getting him at all. Make the trade now and sign him long term.

Lol is that the sales pitch? "Get him now, or you might not get him later!!"

WIN need to realize that If the Habs miss out on PLD, so be it. He hasn't factored into to their rebuild/retool, and him going elsewhere doesn't change anything from Hughes' plan.

PLD is the one who want's to come to MTL, not the other way around.

You're trying to sell a pen to someone who doesn't need one.... would MTL be interested in having it! Sure. but if you're asking for 1$, I'm only offering .75 cents...not happy that? That's fine, go look elsewhere.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
So is Dvorak and Drouin mid tier roster players?
So is Barron a top prospect?
and obvoiusly the FLA 2022 1st is a later round 1st.

So yes Dubois for Dvorak, Drouin, Barron, and FLA 1st is a fairly healthy return for WPG but also good for MTL

Yea that's exactly what I'm saying. If we could afford to lose Barron I'm sure that trade would've happened by now. MTL needs to retain the few RD we have but essentially that's the likely PLD return unless someone smokes a fatty and adds more to push for a cup in some other city.

**Edit: Swap Barron with 1 or 2 other prospects and it's likely a deal
Wpgman and tsyls liked this.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 3:19 p.m.
Wpgman
Edited Jul. 22, 2022 at 3:56 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Lol is that the sales pitch? "Get him now, or you might not get him later!!"

WIN need to realize that If the Habs miss out on PLD, so be it. He hasn't factored into to their rebuild/retool, and him going elsewhere doesn't change anything from Hughes' plan.

PLD is the one who want's to come to MTL, not the other way around.

You're trying to sell a pen to someone who doesn't need one.... would MTL be interested in having it! Sure. but if you're asking for 1$, I'm only offering .75 cents...not happy that? That's fine, go look elsewhere.

Hey if the other side can make the sales pitch of him getting hurt or whatever, why can't I?
tsyls liked this.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 3:43 p.m.
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
Yea that's exactly what I'm saying. If we could afford to lose Barron I'm sure that trade would've happened by now. MTL needs to retain the few RD we have but essentially that's the likely PLD return unless someone smokes a fatty and adds more to push for a cup in some other city.

**Edit: Swap Barron with 1 or 2 other prospects and it's likely a deal

I’m sure a GM of a contending team will take a fat rip before TDL and overpay. It happens every single year. Especially if the team knows that they’re acquiring a 1B center for 2 years, I’m sure there will be a GM dumb enough to overpay.

I like the trade @Wpgman proposed and totally get why MTL wouldn’t want to move Barron. I feel like there’s 100% a spot that Winnipeg and MTL could meet in the middle and get it done. It just comes down to if the habs/jets are willing to get to that point. I’m not sure Chevy is in a rush to ship PLD off to MTL, as I still think there’s a large chance someone overpays at the TDL and jets net a better return there.
Wpgman liked this.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 3:45 p.m.
Hey if the other side can make the sales pitch of him get hurt or whatever, why can't I?

Not much of a difference between “get him now, or you might not get him later!!” and “trade him now before he gets hurt!”

Again fans just want to make any excuse possible to justify underpaying for a player.
Wpgman liked this.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 4:14 p.m.
Dubois hasn't given up in WPG. Played hard last year and was a force in the world championships. As far as I know he wants to be traded to MTL but is not forcing a trade. He has also said that he wants to explore free agency in 2 years but since he is playing for a contract he will not be giving up anytime soon. If he was to be traded to MTL is he just signing a 2 year contract? I don't think so. IF MTL would be trading for him then it would be a long term deal so you have to take that in consideration. So the question right now is? Is 8 years of Dubois worth Dvorak, Barron, Drouin, and a 1st? I think it is pretty close.

I don't mind giving up that package as long as the 1st is top 10 protected and We get Salomonsson in return cause we can't move out a RD prospect without getting one back. So if we had to include a lesser prospect or a 2nd to get PLD and Salomonsson then great that's a deal, otherwise we need to keep Barron.
Wpgman liked this.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 4:22 p.m.
Wpgman
Quoting: Campabee
I don't mind giving up that package as long as the 1st is top 10 protected and We get Salomonsson in return cause we can't move out a RD prospect without getting one back. So if we had to include a lesser prospect or a 2nd to get PLD and Salomonsson then great that's a deal, otherwise we need to keep Barron.

I think for the most part most CFGM's agree that a trade should be something that both of us proposed. I would think we could bend and include a RH propect going to MTL if Barron is included. I'll look to see if we have a RH prospect from Quebec that wants to be traded to MTL.smile
Campabee liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll