Initial Creation Date: Aug. 11, 2022
Published: Aug. 11, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$6,300,000
4$2,750,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Oettinger, Jake$6,300,000
2023 1st round pick
2023 3rd round pick
Trades
VGK
    FC
    ANA
    1. Martinez, Alec
    2. 2023 3rd round pick (BUF)
    PIT
    1. 2024 2nd round pick (VGK)
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$82,500,000$80,987,500$0$0$1,512,500
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $10,000,000$10,000,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,900,000$5,900,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000
    C, LW, RW
    RFA - 3
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 5
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $2,850,000$2,850,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $8,800,000$8,800,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $6,300,000$6,300,000
    G
    RFA - 3
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $5,200,000$5,200,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $2,325,000$2,325,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
    $825,000$825,000
    LD
    RFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 6
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $762,500$762,500
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $7,857,143$7,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $850,000$850,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:35 p.m.
    Banned
    That is getting matched
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:36 p.m.
    Quoting: Cardiac
    That is getting matched

with what money?
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:40 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Hullsy09
    with what money?

With the 10.3m they have in cap space. Also the trades are unrealistic and it’s a dumb OS to sign because lehner is on the books for 3 more years and the only player coming off the books next year is Thompson. Not to mention if vegas wants to even be able to do this they have to move cap to do so. Unrealistic. Terrible points. 1/5 stars.
    nintendofan721 liked this.
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:41 p.m.
    With the 10.3m they have in cap space. Also the trades are unrealistic and it’s a dumb OS to sign because lehner is on the books for 3 more years and the only player coming off the books next year is Thompson. Not to mention if vegas wants to even be able to do this they have to move cap to do so. Unrealistic. Terrible points. 1/5 stars.

didn't thompson sign a three year extension for basically league minimum?
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:42 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: bagelbob
    didn't thompson sign a three year extension for basically league minimum?

Didn’t realize that. So basically there is nobody coming off the books next year😂😂😂
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:43 p.m.
    Didn’t realize that. So basically there is nobody coming off the books next year😂😂😂

i think brossoit is but that's it, but the thompson contract is a great deal, it's good they got that signed when they did
    Cardiac liked this.
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:45 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: bagelbob
    i think brossoit is but that's it, but the thompson contract is a great deal, it's good they got that signed when they did

Even then brossoit is in the minors and they’re paying half his salary basically. Probably going to run Thompson brossoit next year.
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
    Future Ducks legend
    Anaheim being a division rival extracts a much higher price than that to take Martinez's contract. Doesn't matter that Martinez is still a good player, its about the fact that we know you are in a tough spot, and will squeeze you for as much as we can.
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:53 p.m.

There's something here, but it would take some major adjustment. As for Dallas' money, 10.3 is great, except they also have to resign Robertson. If I were them, I'd still match the offersheet, it's a great contract for a guy who could potentially be a franchise-changing goalie. But it's difficult with their awful contracts on the books.
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:55 p.m.

10.3 for Oettinger AND robertson. The latter being the priority.

You give it 1/5 stars because it Lehner is under contract past this year? You do realize the team we are talking about here? Right? Vegas? This team is known around the league for being ruthless in letting go of guys for nothing to make the cap work. They traded away the reigning vezina winner for nothing and you don't think they would be willing to deal Robin Lehner? The same Robin Lehner who was vocally unhappy with the team before this surgery being announced. lol
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:57 p.m.
    Quoting: JackAce91
    There's something here, but it would take some major adjustment. As for Dallas' money, 10.3 is great, except they also have to resign Robertson. If I were them, I'd still match the offersheet, it's a great contract for a guy who could potentially be a franchise-changing goalie. But it's difficult with their awful contracts on the books.

Dallas is reportedly trying to give Oettinger the Hart deal (3 years, 4 mil) and they are no where near reaching a deal. This contract would be a major step up from that.
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:59 p.m.
    Quoting: GiggywithGibby
    Anaheim being a division rival extracts a much higher price than that to take Martinez's contract. Doesn't matter that Martinez is still a good player, its about the fact that we know you are in a tough spot, and will squeeze you for as much as we can.

You guys also have Urho Vaakanainen as your 2LD. I understand you are in the same division, but this trade also makes your team much better. Maybe you could squeeze a 2nd out of them but I don't think you are getting substantially more than what was offered here - I could see it tho its not impossible.
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Hullsy09
    10.3 for Oettinger AND robertson. The latter being the priority.

You give it 1/5 stars because it Lehner is under contract past this year? You do realize the team we are talking about here? Right? Vegas? This team is known around the league for being ruthless in letting go of guys for nothing to make the cap work. They traded away the reigning vezina winner for nothing and you don't think they would be willing to deal Robin Lehner? The same Robin Lehner who was vocally unhappy with the team before this surgery being announced. lol

No this team sucks because it’s unrealistic in every facet. Otter gets matched. If you have a goalie like that, you sign him if he gets OS. Robertson is the priority but if otter gets OS, otter becomes the priority. If the deal is under 6.5, they easily match. If the contract isn’t a gross overpay, the stars are matching. Vegas doesn’t have the cap space to offer otter a gross overpay, even with shipping martinez. Now the Martinez trade. You’re trading him to a division rival who has no need for him. Try 2 2nds and then ANA considers. Now the POJ trade. That might be the STUPIDEST part of this trade. What team trades a prospect for a 2nd round pick? There is absolutely no incentive for Pittsburgh to do that trade. They aren’t shedding cap nor getting better to win now. How does this help Pittsburgh? It doesn’t. The odds POJ is better than whoever is drafted in the 2nd with that pick is so much higher in favor of POJ. Shipping out other players for free? Sure go ahead do that. Who does vegas ship out next year for their new toy in otter? Marchsseault? Karlsson? Smith? Theodore? Lehner? All of those players are either too valuable to vegas or will have to cost the knights more to move. I this team is an abomination and every single aspect of it is awful. So as I said originally, 1/5 stars. lol
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:58 p.m.
    No this team sucks because it’s unrealistic in every facet. Otter gets matched. If you have a goalie like that, you sign him if he gets OS. Robertson is the priority but if otter gets OS, otter becomes the priority. If the deal is under 6.5, they easily match. If the contract isn’t a gross overpay, the stars are matching. Vegas doesn’t have the cap space to offer otter a gross overpay, even with shipping martinez. Now the Martinez trade. You’re trading him to a division rival who has no need for him. Try 2 2nds and then ANA considers. Now the POJ trade. That might be the STUPIDEST part of this trade. What team trades a prospect for a 2nd round pick? There is absolutely no incentive for Pittsburgh to do that trade. They aren’t shedding cap nor getting better to win now. How does this help Pittsburgh? It doesn’t. The odds POJ is better than whoever is drafted in the 2nd with that pick is so much higher in favor of POJ. Shipping out other players for free? Sure go ahead do that. Who does vegas ship out next year for their new toy in otter? Marchsseault? Karlsson? Smith? Theodore? Lehner? All of those players are either too valuable to vegas or will have to cost the knights more to move. I this team is an abomination and every single aspect of it is awful. So as I said originally, 1/5 stars. lol

1. "Robertson is the priority but if otter gets OS, otter becomes the priority." This is just wrong. Robertson is the better and more important player and he would remain the priority. If they could dump somebody then match that's definitely a possibility, but if they are forced to choose between otter and robo its gotta be robo.

2. "You’re trading him to a division rival who has no need for him". It is true they are a division rival which could influence the trade, but saying they have no need for him is just incorrect. Anaheim probably has the weakest LD in the entire NHL. Martinez is a massive upgrade over Urho Vaakanainen (who is their current 2LD), and the Ducks seem to not want to be awful next year based on their FA singings. Again, maybe the trade doesnt happen or anaheim gets a bit more because they are division rivals but to say Anaheim would have no interest in the player just isnt true.

3. "Now the POJ trade. That might be the STUPIDEST part of this trade. What team trades a prospect for a 2nd round pick? There is absolutely no incentive for Pittsburgh to do that trade. They aren’t shedding cap nor getting better to win now. How does this help Pittsburgh? It doesn’t. The odds POJ is better than whoever is drafted in the 2nd with that pick is so much higher in favor of POJ." There are 2 main reasons Pittsburgh would want to make this trade (I am a diehard Pens fan):
    i) The logjam on defense. Pittsburgh just has too many defensemen. 9 guys who are deserving of an NHL roster spot: dumoulin, Pettersson, Smith, POJ on the left side and Letang, Petry, Ruuta, Ruhwedel, Friedman on the right. The way things are looking right now, Ty Smith will have to play in the minors as he is the only one who doesnt have to clear waivers. But there are a large number of pens fans who want Smith in the NHL. The third pair with Ruuta would be a pretty good spot for him, on PP2. Even if you send Smith down, you probably have to send one of Friedman or ruhwedel down too (unless you want 2 D scratched on the roster) and their is a decent chance one of them gets picked up as a useful 6/7. I could see florida having interest in both. Trading POJ would make the logjam at defense much similar and would allow for smith to play in the nhl.
    ii) The Burke/Hextall management group is reportedly not as high on POJ as the previous group, and would reportedly consider trading him. The Ty Smith trade re-enforces that he is not guaranteed a long-term spot on this team.

4. "Who does vegas ship out next year for their new toy in otter? Marchsseault? Karlsson? Smith? Theodore? Lehner? All of those players are either too valuable to vegas or will have to cost the knights more to move." You are saying this as a bad thing. I am saying it is realistic. Is trading away good players for nothing bas asset managment? Yes! Is it a good way to ensure long-term success? No! But is it something that Vegas has proven that they will do over and over again? Yes. Whether you or I think it is a smart philosophy, it is something VEGAS keeps doing. And thus something they could continue to do in the future. Hence the name "something I could see Vegas doing".

5) "I (think) this team is an abomination and every single aspect of it is awful." I am confused what you mean by this. Do you mean the transactions I made, when you say "this team is an abomination", or do you mean the actual team assembled. If you mean the latter, I question your sanity. This team I constructed is undoubtedly better after the moves.

Side note: you seem to be makin the assumption that Lehner is going to come back brand new like he is 23 again for game 1 of next season. There is no guarantee that he will ever be the same player. Missing an entire season with a major surgery like this one is often something that guys can't come back from or try to come back from and fail. Lehner is also 31 so that doesnt help his chances,

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll