RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,150,000$6,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
RFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Do the two gms put their ego aside to make a deal?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:25 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
Quoting: Juiceman
I don’t agree with the person saying it would cost Barzal, but Miller wil still fetch a pretty good return

smirk
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:26 p.m.
I don’t agree with the person saying it would cost Barzal, but Miller wil still fetch a pretty good return

100% you will get a good return, but from the way things look he will be a TDL trade. I suspect it will be slightly more than Giroux
Juiceman liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: FoxYou727
100% you will get a good return, but from the way things look he will be a TDL trade. I suspect it will be slightly more than Giroux

Even Giroux got a lower return because Chuck Fletcher is a brain dead GM
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:29 p.m.
Even Giroux got a lower return because Chuck Fletcher is a brain dead GM

That and Giroux only wanted to go to Florida
Juiceman liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:33 p.m.
Quoting: The_Rocket
If pacioretty and bjorkstrand trades brought down millers trade value, you realize that means they also brought down barzals trade value, right?

Barzal if a RFA
Miller is a UFA

Like I said you will get more than Giroux got which was a first and a B prospect. You will get a 2nd and another prospect. or a 1st and an A prospect. But don't expect Barzal or a Barzal level return for 1 year of JT Miller
Hockeypal liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:40 p.m.
Quoting: adamsandler
Sounds like you guys with Dobson

Not even relatable Dobson is a young RFA and has no plans of leaving at all. Miller is a UFA and has been rumoured everywhere don’t ever make a comparison like that again if you want to seem smart
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:41 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
Barzal if a RFA
Miller is a UFA

Like I said you will get more than Giroux got which was a first and a B prospect. You will get a 2nd and another prospect. or a 1st and an A prospect. But don't expect Barzal or a Barzal level return for 1 year of JT Miller

Barzal has an $8.4 million qualifying offer due next year, and will be one season away from UFA status. He has average 68 points and 21 goals per 82 games over the last 3 years and 70 points/21 goals in his career.

The closest recent comp for a Barzal trade would be debrincat, who was traded for 7th overall and future 2nd and future 3rd. Difference is debrincat is a year younger, and has scored at a 72 point, 36 goal pace over the last 3 years and a 35 goal, 68 point pace in his career. 3 times he has scored at over a 40 goal pace.

So let’s say we add some value to debrincat since he is a better goal scorer, but since Barzal is a centre we add some value back to him and we consider them equal.

If you’re saying miller is worth a 2023 first and an A prospect, then the gap is not very big.

I was teasing at the idea of trading Barzal for miller just to poke fun at the posters who were mocking nucks fans for being high on miller. Doesn’t mean I think they’re value is the same, but honestly it’s a lot closer than isles fans would admit
adamsandler liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
Barzal has an $8.4 million qualifying offer due next year, and will be one season away from UFA status. He has average 68 points and 21 goals per 82 games over the last 3 years and 70 points/21 goals in his career.

The closest recent comp for a Barzal trade would be debrincat, who was traded for 7th overall and future 2nd and future 3rd. Difference is debrincat is a year younger, and has scored at a 72 point, 36 goal pace over the last 3 years and a 35 goal, 68 point pace in his career. 3 times he has scored at over a 40 goal pace.

So let’s say we add some value to debrincat since he is a better goal scorer, but since Barzal is a centre we add some value back to him and we consider them equal.

If you’re saying miller is worth a 2023 first and an A prospect, then the gap is not very big.

I was teasing at the idea of trading Barzal for miller just to poke fun at the posters who were mocking nucks fans for being high on miller. Doesn’t mean I think they’re value is the same, but honestly it’s a lot closer than isles fans would admit

I admit value wise yes they are around the same yes. But since Barzal is a RFA and is a center he would get more than JT Miller for that reason alone. Miller only has a year left, and Chicago didn't want any prospect coming the other way they just wanted picks. Barzal trade might be more similar to a Tkachuck trade not in terms of value but criteria
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:55 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeypal
Not even relatable Dobson is a young RFA and has no plans of leaving at all. Miller is a UFA and has been rumoured everywhere don’t ever make a comparison like that again if you want to seem smart

My guy is that a threat 😂

Relax. I was making the comparison because anytime Dobsons name is even mentioned all you isles fans blow up as is he’s Cale makar. I wouldn’t trade Dobson for Miller either if I was the islanders but it’s pretty ironic to go around complaining about Vancouvers value of Miller when isles fans do the same thing. The same thing that literally everyone on this site does.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:01 p.m.
My guy is that a threat 😂

Relax. I was making the comparison because anytime Dobsons name is even mentions all you isles fans blow up as is he’s cake makar. I wouldn’t trade Dobson for Miller either if I was the islanders but it’s pretty ironic to go around complaining about Vancouvers value of Miller when isles fans do the same thing. The same thing that literally everyone on this site does.

No more of a suggestion
It’s a completely different situation Dobson has more value he’s a 22 year old RFA defenceman who just put up 51 points and is solid defensively. Compared to a UFA who’s team has been listening to offer Islanders haven’t even been listening to offers so it makes no sense not to mention most Vancouver fans give bad offers to Dobson on this site even though they’re not even interested in moving him at all but Vancouver is at least listening to offers on Miller
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:05 p.m.
No more of a suggestion
It’s a completely different situation Dobson has more value he’s a 22 year old RFA defenceman who just put up 51 points and is solid defensively. Compared to a UFA who’s team has been listening to offer Islanders haven’t even been listening to offers so it makes no sense not to mention most Vancouver fans give bad offers to Dobson on this site even though they’re not even interested in moving him at all but Vancouver is at least listening to offers on Miller

Dude what aren’t you understanding? I’m not comparing Millers value to Dobsons. I’m comparing the fact the Vancouver fans always say trades aren’t enough for Miller and Isles fans always say it’s not enough for Dobson, or that he isn’t being moves period.

The point is that no matter what there’s always people on here who **** about the return

edit: complain* not allowed to use the other word
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:07 p.m.
Dude what aren’t you understanding? I’m not comparing Millers value to Dobsons. I’m comparing the fact the Vancouver fans always say trades aren’t enough for Miller and Isles fans always say it’s not enough for Dobson, or that he isn’t being moves period.

The point is that no matter what there’s always people on here who **** about the return

No you aren’t getting I completely understand what you’re trying to say but I’m saying it’s completely different situation because islanders aren’t even shopping him so that’s the biggest reason why they’re mad at the trade offers because islanders have absolutely no plans of moving him
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:08 p.m.
DobsonIsUntouchable
Sounds like you guys with Dobson

That’s because Dobson is a 22 year-old RD1 that just put up 51 points in his first full season. Players like that are very expensive and much more valuable than a 29 year old rental
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:11 p.m.
No you aren’t getting I completely understand what you’re trying to say but I’m saying it’s completely different situation because islanders aren’t even shopping him so that’s the biggest reason why they’re mad at the trade offers because islanders have absolutely no plans of moving him

And I get that. I didn’t think they should move him either but people are gonna speculate all they want. Isles had rumours to be interested in Miller so obviously Canucks fans are going to want the most value out of him, and Dobson is arguably the most ideal partner for Hughes in the entire league at this point.

Again, their value is not the same, but you can’t control the offers. I’ve seen Dobson for Miller + + with some very good pieces coming back to the islanders on top of Miller, and isles fans still decline and “hang up the phone”. It’s not about how realistic the offers are it’s about the reaction to them
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:12 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewGoalie33
That’s because Dobson is a 22 year-old RD1 that just put up 51 points in his first full season. Players like that are very expensive and much more valuable than a 29 year old rental

That wasn’t my point but thanks, I get it.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:16 p.m.
DobsonIsUntouchable
That wasn’t my point but thanks, I get it.

I get it, your point is that every team overvalues their own players. It’s just annoying to see so many Dobson trades on this website when he isn’t gonna be traded and there have been zero trade rumors about him
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:18 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
I admit value wise yes they are around the same yes. But since Barzal is a RFA and is a center he would get more than JT Miller for that reason alone. Miller only has a year left, and Chicago didn't want any prospect coming the other way they just wanted picks. Barzal trade might be more similar to a Tkachuck trade not in terms of value but criteria

Thing is, tkachuk is worth way more than Barzal. So if the criteria is say, 2 roster players plus a pick plus a prospect (tkachuk value) the. They either won’t be good roster players or it will be a non-first and a c level prospect.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:19 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewGoalie33
I get it, your point is that every team overvalues their own players. It’s just annoying to see so many Dobson trades on this website when he isn’t gonna be traded and there have been zero trade rumors about him

Yeah I understand man, that would get annoying. But at the end of the day I’ve said it on here before that this is just a site with people who have no effect over what happens in the real hockey world. It’s all speculation and Miller is Vancouvers best genuine trade chip in years, so you can’t really blame fans for wanting the most out of him. Dobson would be perfect in Vancouver, which is why Canucks fans are so high on him. I can’t see it happening either but I can certainly understand why there are so many offers posted here for him
Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:37 p.m.
Thing is, tkachuk is worth way more than Barzal. So if the criteria is say, 2 roster players plus a pick plus a prospect (tkachuk value) the. They either won’t be good roster players or it will be a non-first and a c level prospect.

fair enough but than again flames had little leverage in a tkachuk trade so who knows but it would have to be a first an A prospect along with a 2nd and maybe a low prospect
Aug. 18, 2022 at 7:57 p.m.
And I get that. I didn’t think they should move him either but people are gonna speculate all they want. Isles had rumours to be interested in Miller so obviously Canucks fans are going to want the most value out of him, and Dobson is arguably the most ideal partner for Hughes in the entire league at this point.

Again, their value is not the same, but you can’t control the offers. I’ve seen Dobson for Miller + + with some very good pieces coming back to the islanders on top of Miller, and isles fans still decline and “hang up the phone”. It’s not about how realistic the offers are it’s about the reaction to them

Yea because he’s a UFA I’d hang up too unless it’s a ridiculous deal because thats like saying Islanders are trying to move Lee and asking for Pettersson but saying we’ll add a couple things with Lee being the main trade piece it just would never happen
Aug. 18, 2022 at 7:58 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Yea because he’s a UFA I’d hang up too unless it’s a ridiculous deal because thats like saying Islanders are trying to move Lee and asking for Pettersson but saying we’ll add a couple things with Lee being the main trade piece it just would never happen

The difference between your counter argument is that Miller is far better than anybody on the Isles at the moment. He is not comparable to Lee. Dobson is also not comparable to Pettersson. Obviously I can understand your point but some people on this site really think Miller is worth pennies and dimes
Aug. 18, 2022 at 8:06 p.m.
The difference between your counter argument is that Miller is far better than anybody on the Isles at the moment. He is not comparable to Lee. Dobson is also not comparable to Pettersson. Obviously I can understand your point but some people on this site really think Miller is worth pennies and dimes

And some people think Miller is Jesus reincarnated, I also think Dobson has pretty similar value to Pettersson definitely less but not far and obviously Lee is a slight exaggeration but it’s still the point I’m trying to make and it’s somewhat accurate
Aug. 18, 2022 at 8:55 p.m.
we miss leo k
The teams don't line up. As Canucks fans have said all summer long, the main piece they're trying to get would be RHD. The Isles have 5 RHD under contract that they can sign: Ryan Pulock (no), Scott Mayfield (available-ish but not a headliner for JTM), Noah Dobson (no again), Grant Hutton (filler), and Bode Wilde (-extremely- available, some value, not a JTM headliner).
Juiceman liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit