Forums/Armchair-GM

Lucic

Created by: TMLBRIAN
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 21, 2022
Published: Aug. 21, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Calgary gets a skill upgrade and take on just under 1m in cap. Leafs get a size and toughness increase and save just under 1m in cap.

Vancouver gets the overall better dman and a pick. Leafs get the more physical dmen and cap relief.

Thoughts?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,300,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Lucic, Milan ($2,625,000 retained)
VAN
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (TOR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$82,414,783$212,500$0$85,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,625,000$2,625,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 22, 2022 at 7:39 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
lol, he's been doing stuff 'that stupid' his entire career. He's a bad player no matter how much you pretend he isnt

He hasn't costed his team a playoff series and has a lower turn over rate then Holl this year but keep telling yourself that
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 7:51 a.m.
Quoting: theleano1
He hasn't costed his team a playoff series and has a lower turn over rate then Holl this year but keep telling yourself that

yeah, it's hard to have a bad turn over rate when you never have the puck and you're getting bottom pairing defensive minutes compared to a guy getting 20+ mins a night on contender.
It's always fun when people pretend that a guy who is part of one of the better defences in the league and plays big mins on one of the best PK's in the league is worse than a guy who is battling with tucker poolman for ice time on a non-playoff team because of turn over rate or some nonsense, but im sure it makes them feel better
Aug. 22, 2022 at 7:52 a.m.
he'd only get more than league min because his name is Milan Lucic. if everyone forgot who he was he certainly wouldnt get 2m based on his abilities now

That's just an awful take, he certainly has value as a player and a team leader
Aug. 22, 2022 at 7:54 a.m.
PDG over PDO
yeah, it's hard to have a bad turn over rate when you never have the puck and you're getting bottom pairing defensive minutes compared to a guy getting 20+ mins a night on contender.
It's always fun when people pretend that a guy who is part of one of the better defences in the league and plays big mins on one of the best PK's in the league is worse than a guy who is battling with tucker poolman for ice time on a non-playoff team because of turn over rate or some nonsense, but im sure it makes them feel better

kinda weird to call him bottom Paring when he played wit Hughes all year but alright, and are you suggesting Holl is the reason for the Leafs PK success? time to stop bashing players that aren't leafs
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 7:55 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
That's just an awful take, he certainly has value as a player and a team leader

in the jason spezza sign for under a million bucks way, sure
Aug. 22, 2022 at 7:56 a.m.
Banned
ah yes, teams were so hard after him that a team that didnt make they playoffs couldnt get a 3rd rounder for him. No one was going hard after luke schenn, he simply isnt good at all. Take off your pleasing other fan bases pants bud

Dubas was rumored to be all over him all year lmfao he is just an idiot and can't get a deal done unless he gives up a 1st, I am not wearing "your pleasing other fan bases pants" quite frankly i've battled lots of canuck fans here but to say Holl is better then him is awful take when Holl is one of the worst Dmen in the league
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
kinda weird to call him bottom Paring when he played wit Hughes all year but alright, and are you suggesting Holl is the reason for the Leafs PK success? time to stop bashing players that aren't leafs

Schenn was 4th in ice time for the canucks, averaging 12 seconds more a game than Poolman and less than 20 seconds more than Dermott. So yeah, he was basically playing bottom pairing minutes.
And yes, when a player is a big part of the PK and the PK is good, he does tend to get credit for it. Stop bashing players that arn't canucks.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:02 a.m.
in the jason spezza sign for under a million bucks way, sure

No in the Nic Deslaurier, Ryan Reaves sort of way
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:03 a.m.
Quoting: TheTypicalLeafsFan
Dubas was rumored to be all over him all year lmfao he is just an idiot and can't get a deal done unless he gives up a 1st, I am not wearing "your pleasing other fan bases pants" quite frankly i've battled lots of canuck fans here but to say Holl is better then him is awful take when Holl is one of the worst Dmen in the league

ah yes, rumours! those are always true. Dubas was able to get a 3rd out of the canucks for Dermott and you're saying he's the idiot. Amazing. And yeah, if you're saying Holl is worse than Schenn than you're clearly trying to please someone else because he's not better than Holl in any way shape or form. Anyone who thinks Holl is anything but an average 4th defender isnt paying attention to the stats or watching him play. If Holl is one of the worst dmen in the league, than schenn is a bad ECHL player.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:04 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
No in the Nic Deslaurier, Ryan Reaves sort of way

that's a worse way, because those are two of the worst forwards in the league. Im no fan of lucic, but he's miles better than those guys
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:09 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Schenn was 4th in ice time for the canucks, averaging 12 seconds more a game than Poolman and less than 20 seconds more than Dermott. So yeah, he was basically playing bottom pairing minutes.
And yes, when a player is a big part of the PK and the PK is good, he does tend to get credit for it. Stop bashing players that arn't canucks.

Kinda funny other leaf fans are saying your wrong ngl lmfao Schenn's numbers are lower under green which drags his average down, and as for Holl being so good on the pk he sure got scratched quick in that Tampa series
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:10 a.m.
Banned
ah yes, rumours! those are always true. Dubas was able to get a 3rd out of the canucks for Dermott and you're saying he's the idiot. Amazing. And yeah, if you're saying Holl is worse than Schenn than you're clearly trying to please someone else because he's not better than Holl in any way shape or form. Anyone who thinks Holl is anything but an average 4th defender isnt paying attention to the stats or watching him play. If Holl is one of the worst dmen in the league, than schenn is a bad ECHL player.

Frideman said Dubas after him hard he is a really relabel source, Schenn had better Numbers then Holl all year while playing a Much better team, i am not the only Leafs fan that feels this way hell the former Marlies coach called Holl bad this year, You just have a huge Bais for leaf players
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:15 a.m.
Kinda funny other leaf fans are saying your wrong ngl lmfao Schenn's numbers are lower under green which drags his average down, and as for Holl being so good on the pk he sure got scratched quick in that Tampa series

funny how people who agree with you are right no matter what, and by your standard i can simply say that the new coach played him too much and that inflated his ice time when he should have been getting closer to 10 ins a game.
wow, i didnt know playing 5 games was quick, and they lost without him....huh....wow, good evidence
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:18 a.m.
PDG over PDO
funny how people who agree with you are right no matter what, and by your standard i can simply say that the new coach played him too much and that inflated his ice time when he should have been getting closer to 10 ins a game.
wow, i didnt know playing 5 games was quick, and they lost without him....huh....wow, good evidence

I mean i am going to trust the coach with over 599 wins over a guy on the internet lmfao, They lost with Holl in as well lmfao. Hell the old Marlies coach came out and said he needed to be sent down this year that's not a glowing endorsement
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:18 a.m.
Quoting: TheTypicalLeafsFan
Frideman said Dubas after him hard he is a really relabel source, Schenn had better Numbers then Holl all year while playing a Much better team, i am not the only Leafs fan that feels this way hell the former Marlies coach called Holl bad this year, You just have a huge Bais for leaf players

Friedman says about a million things and 99.99% of them never happen and simply arnt true. Schenn didnt have better numbers than Holl. He had worse numbers on a worse team and was part of the reasom they didnt make the playoffs.
Lol, a former marlies coach, wow, where's he at by the way? still coaching in the AHL? in the NHL now? I bet he's a success.
It's absolutly amazing how saying a guy who has put up 4th defender numbers his whole career at worst and been a mainstay of one of the better defensive teams and PK that entire time is bad. You just want to get your 'i agree with people who dont watch the player or understand numbers' points in.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:22 a.m.
I mean i am going to trust the coach with over 599 wins over a guy on the internet lmfao, They lost with Holl in as well lmfao. Hell the old Marlies coach came out and said he needed to be sent down this year that's not a glowing endorsement

it's always fun when someone on the internet says that he doesnt trust someone on the internet's opinion. lol, old marlies coach.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:24 a.m.
PDG over PDO
it's always fun when someone on the internet says that he doesnt trust someone on the internet's opinion. lol, old marlies coach.

Yeah i am going to trust the an old ahl coach who has been at the 2nd highest level at this sport then a guy that probably has never played hockey before if you think Schenn is one of the worst Dmen in the league
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
Yeah i am going to trust the an old ahl coach who has been at the 2nd highest level at this sport then a guy that probably has never played hockey before if you think Schenn is one of the worst Dmen in the league

it's always a good sign for your argument when you start trying to sneak in personal jabs to your responses. I mean, I played hockey at a higher level than 95% of people ever did or could, but that literally means nothing when analyzing the game and anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that. And if you wanna play appeal to authourity then i can say that a guy who has played in the NHL, was named best coach in the OHL, won the Calder cup as a coach in the AHL and has now coached an NHL franchise to a 115 point season, and another guy who has been a player agent in his 20's, part of an OHL management team at 25, NHL management at 28 and NHL GM after that know more about hockey than some random guy on the internet and someone who topped out as 'former marlies coach'

but sure thing
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:34 a.m.
JT Miller for Hart

What's your problem? Do you even watch Canucks games? Schenn is BY FAR one of the most overlooked d-men league-wide. He is such a great defensive player, he plays top-line minutes and compliments Hughes playing style so well. If you guys don't want him, I would love to keep him and probably pay him a good $3M AT LEAST.

Friedman says about a million things and 99.99% of them never happen and simply arnt true. Schenn didnt have better numbers than Holl. He had worse numbers on a worse team and was part of the reasom they didnt make the playoffs.
Lol, a former marlies coach, wow, where's he at by the way? still coaching in the AHL? in the NHL now? I bet he's a success.
It's absolutly amazing how saying a guy who has put up 4th defender numbers his whole career at worst and been a mainstay of one of the better defensive teams and PK that entire time is bad. You just want to get your 'i agree with people who dont watch the player or understand numbers' points in.
theleano1 and Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:35 a.m.
Quoting: AK50
What's your problem? Do you even watch Canucks games? Schenn is BY FAR one of the most overlooked d-men league-wide. He is such a great defensive player, he plays top-line minutes and compliments Hughes playing style so well. If you guys don't want him, I would love to keep him and probably pay him a good $3M AT LEAST.

i watch plenty of vancouver games. If you think schenn is worth anything close to 1.5 mill let alone 3, i think you should probably see if you have a fever.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:40 a.m.
JT Miller for Hart
i watch plenty of vancouver games. If you think schenn is worth anything close to 1.5 mill let alone 3, i think you should probably see if you have a fever.

I think you definitely have a bigger one. Why are you hating on one of my favourite d-men? You are not coming up with good reasoning here why he's bad because he isn't.
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:45 a.m.
I think you definitely have a bigger one. Why are you hating on one of my favourite d-men? You are not coming up with good reasoning here why he's bad because he isn't.

because he's not very good and hasnt been very good, like, ever? You can like a guy and still be realistic about what he is. I mean, i'm a huge Jason Spezza fan and I can admit that he was nothing more than a sheltered 4th line scorer last year and retiring was the best thing he could do.
Schenn is what he is. An ok 6th guy who plays a safe, appealing game. But that's all he is. You can find these guys growing on trees basically.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 8:55 a.m.
JT Miller for Hart
because he's not very good and hasnt been very good, like, ever? You can like a guy and still be realistic about what he is. I mean, i'm a huge Jason Spezza fan and I can admit that he was nothing more than a sheltered 4th line scorer last year and retiring was the best thing he could do.
Schenn is what he is. An ok 6th guy who plays a safe, appealing game. But that's all he is. You can find these guys growing on trees basically.

I do disagree as he has been a terrific guy on the PK and he's on to defend that lead, he's a handy guy to have, sure, we don't put him on the PP or if we need to EN it. But, if we have that lead, he's a guy that can play those big minutes, and play them well, he'll clear the puck, give some heavy hits and just keep the puck out of the net as well. You could see the effect of his presence and mentoring on Quinn Hughes who I'd say got a bit better offensively probably because he doesn't have to worry about the back end as Schenn has it covered. He's a guy that I'd say we need to make the playoffs. I do STRONGLY disagree with the fact that you think he's a 6th guy. For the Canucks this year he was easily 3rd D. In today's game, big-bodied d-men are becoming a bit rarer and making room for a new style of defence, the kind that Hughes, Makar and Fox all play. I think for the next few years, he'll be a pretty valuable piece to have.
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 23, 2022 at 3:43 p.m.
I do disagree as he has been a terrific guy on the PK and he's on to defend that lead, he's a handy guy to have, sure, we don't put him on the PP or if we need to EN it. But, if we have that lead, he's a guy that can play those big minutes, and play them well, he'll clear the puck, give some heavy hits and just keep the puck out of the net as well. You could see the effect of his presence and mentoring on Quinn Hughes who I'd say got a bit better offensively probably because he doesn't have to worry about the back end as Schenn has it covered. He's a guy that I'd say we need to make the playoffs. I do STRONGLY disagree with the fact that you think he's a 6th guy. For the Canucks this year he was easily 3rd D. In today's game, big-bodied d-men are becoming a bit rarer and making room for a new style of defence, the kind that Hughes, Makar and Fox all play. I think for the next few years, he'll be a pretty valuable piece to have.

hes alright defensively, but nothing better then a bottom pairing dman in a sheltered role. He's ok with hughes, but nothing special. At all.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll