NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the New York Rangers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW
RFA - 2
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Holl isnt comparable to Dahlin in the slightest, so no that doesnt make sense. The context of the argument is that Sandin and Lundkvist are equals. Dahlin is far superior to Holl. So youre entire argument is null and void. But even then youre not addressing the fact that the Rangers also dont need him, which is a whole separate layer on its own, there are 7 dmen on NYR's roster right now and Sandin doesnt supplant one of them

not a fan of either team but i think sandin is the better player. its just my opinion and obviously is fine if you disagree. just stating that maybe what you think is obvious to you, others might disagree with and your opinion might not the be the consensus (just like mine might not be)
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: drambui
not a fan of either team but i think sandin is the better player. its just my opinion and obviously is fine if you disagree. just stating that maybe what you think is obvious to you, others might disagree with and your opinion might not the be the consensus (just like mine might not be)

Sandin is better than Lundkvist? Maybe, we havent gotten an extended look at Jones or Lundkvist, but i dont think Sandin has more room to grow from what we've seen of him. On that principle alone if it was Sandin for Lundkvist and another team offered a 2nd, id take the 2nd instead. Sandin isnt a must have, hes an also-ran
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: Mike_Gartner
you make the statement that Sandin is "almost entirely" an upgrade over Jones.
i asked how, which normally means someone is looking for some quantification of the statement.

that is what i mean....

What type of numbers are you looking for? Jones barely played last year but when he did he was quite mediocre. An upgrade over Nemeth but still not great. Sandin played quite well in his sheltered but mostly full time NHL role. He is certainly much more NHL ready and has a much higher ceiling than Jones
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:28 p.m.
Sandin is better than Lundkvist? Maybe, we havent gotten an extended look at Jones or Lundkvist, but i dont think Sandin has more room to grow from what we've seen of him. On that principle alone if it was Sandin for Lundkvist and another team offered a 2nd, id take the 2nd instead. Sandin isnt a must have, hes an also-ran

I disagree on this. The idea that a defenseman doesnt have more room to grow at age 22 is pretty absurd. At 22 people were writing Noah Hanifin off as a depth defensman. Now at 25 he's established himself as a top 25 defensman in the league.

Im not saying Sandin will be a top 25 defensman but he's certainly still got a lot more potential than what he's shown so far
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
I disagree on this. The idea that a defenseman doesnt have more room to grow at age 22 is pretty absurd. At 22 people were writing Noah Hanifin off as a depth defensman. Now at 25 he's established himself as a top 25 defensman in the league

Not defensemen as a whole, Sandin in particular. I dont think he's that special
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
Edited Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:42 p.m.
Holl isnt comparable to Dahlin in the slightest, so no that doesnt make sense. The context of the arguement is that Sandin and Lundkvist are equals. Dahlin is far superior to Holl

The point I'm making is that being a RHD doesn't automatically increase value, so it's not about equals in skill or ability and it's not Dahlin vs Holl either. It's Sandin vs Dahlin but because Dahlin is much better Holl is being thrown in as a sweetner, and the question is how much does Holl's RHDness tip the scale? I also have an alternatively scenario Dahlin for Liljegren.

Within the context, I'm saying that Sandin isn't a comparable to Lundkvist in terms of ability because he's more established, while you are saying that Lundkvist is the more skilled player and has a greater value because he's a primary asset as a RHD, which would be true if he was the younger, more talented player. My assumptions are that they have similar potentials based off where they were taken in the draft, Sandin is the more capable player based off his games played vs Lundkvist's, so I said right handedness doesn't automatically put him ahead of Sandin or make him an equal in trade value.

I also, said I don't know who the more talented player is, so even if Lundkvist is the more valuable player, it doesn't mean that getting Sandin for him is an awful return based of the circumstances around him being shopped. You suggested that this trade is an awful trade when you said "LOL but its Toronto, the league is built around them. Why wouldnt you want to donate a young talented Right handed D man for practically nothing?" implying that Sandin has no value in comparison and the only reason why NYR are dealing him is because they have too many defenders which isn't true as I mentioned in the previous post.

To summarize, I'm saying:

1) RHDness doesn't automatically give someone more trade value or a ton of trade value
2) Sandin might have more trade value than Lundkvist unless he is the more talented player and has just been mismanaged
3) Assuming that you are correct about Lundkvist being the more valuable player, the return isn't horrid considering that Lundkvist requested a trade, and Drury wants to trade him prior to camp, and Sandin is a player that NYR can use and potentially afford who does have value.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:38 p.m.
you aren't being serious, are you?

About what exactly? If it's the Dahlin for Sandin+Holl or Liljegren, no, I was just trying to prove a point about the value of handedness, and that a RHD isn't automatically more valuable than a LHD. If it's something else, read the post below.

Quoting: GMBL
The point I'm making is that being a RHD doesn't automatically increase value, so it's not about equals in skill or ability and it's not Dahlin vs Holl either. It's Sandin vs Dahlin but because Dahlin is much better Holl is being thrown in as a sweetner, and the question is how much does Holl's RHDness tip the scale? I also have an alternatively scenario Dahlin for Liljegren.

Within the context, I'm saying that Sandin isn't a comparable to Lundkvist in terms of ability because he's more established, while you are saying that Lundkvist is the more skilled player and has a greater value because he's a primary asset as a RHD, which would be true if he was the younger, more talented player. My assumptions are that they have similar potentials based off where they were taken in the draft, Sandin is the more capable player based off his games played vs Lundkvist's, so I said right handedness doesn't automatically put him ahead of Sandin or make him an equal in trade value.

I also, said I don't know who the more talented player is, so even if Lundkvist is the more valuable player, it doesn't mean that getting Sandin for him is an awful return based of the circumstances around him being shopped. You suggested that this trade is an awful trade when you said "LOL but its Toronto, the league is built around them. Why wouldnt you want to donate a young talented Right handed D man for practically nothing?" implying that Sandin has no value in comparison and the only reason why NYR are dealing him is because they have too many defenders which isn't true as I mentioned in the previous post.

1) RHDness doesn't automatically give someone more trade value or a ton of trade value
2) Sandin might have more trade value than Lundkvist unless he is the more talented player and has just been mismanaged
3) Assuming that you are correct about Lundkvist being the more valuable player, the return isn't horrid considering that Lundkvist requested a trade, and Drury wants to trade him prior to camp, and Sandin is a player that NYR can use and potentially afford who does have value.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:44 p.m.
Not defensemen as a whole, Sandin in particular. I dont think he's that special

Im not calling him special, i think he's got a similar ceiling to Jokiharu. Top 4 but not elite
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:54 p.m.

well that kind of what im saying, no ine truly know and you can have your favorite prospect out of the 3, there is no real wrongs answer imo. saying that jones, lundquist or sandin is without a doubt the better one is a bit pointless. and if you feel you'd rather a second round pick instead of any of them is fair too.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 1:56 p.m.
Shibbal18
Edited Sep. 2, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.

1) It does though but your comparison isnt close
If you had a dollar and a misprint dollar, the misprint dollar trades at auction for $8.75. The misprint dollar is more valuable than a dollar, but no one is trading a $100 dollar bill for it.
Holl is a misprint dollar, Sandin is a $20, Lundkvist is a misprint $20, Dahlin is a 100$ bill
2) and 3) The Rangers dont need Sandin, this is at least 50% of the problem, Jones is a highly touted prospect that Drury seems to think is ready for full time duty
Sep. 2, 2022 at 2:01 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Sep. 2, 2022 at 2:12 p.m.
Trade would honestly be bad for Toronto anyways or Rangers depending on if all things go well for Lundqvist but rn mostly Toronto

Sandin has shown to be a more capable NHL dman while Lundqvist really didnt fit well and got beat out by Schneider. And if your gonna go what about Sandin vs all our current LD dont. Those guys are established vets t

Like maybe Lundqvist has a breakout year or does better but Sandin's development is a few paces ahead rn and honestly would rather just wait and get the kid signed

Also Niemela probs pushes for a Job in 2023 so yeah no need for more RD

Like unless its Sandin for an established RD prospect like say Schneider it honestly wouldnt really work out well.
GMBL liked this.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 2:17 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
What type of numbers are you looking for? Jones barely played last year but when he did he was quite mediocre. An upgrade over Nemeth but still not great. Sandin played quite well in his sheltered but mostly full time NHL role. He is certainly much more NHL ready and has a much higher ceiling than Jones

you are talking out of both sides of your mouth here.
-there is no proof that Sandin has a higher ceiling than Jones
-you could make the argument that if the Rangers weren't pressured to play the newly signed Nemeth and gave Jones the full season on the 3rd pair that he would be just as far along (which isn't very far) as Sandin
-the concept of this trade does not make any sense for the Rangers
-everything that you have said thus far about Sandin can be applied to both Jones and Nemeth

this whole debate has been spawned because of a trade that would benefit TML and not the Rangers, so we are just spinning tires here.
Nils requested a trade but there is zero pressure on Drury to move him. Loan him to the SHL and trade him when the correct deal presents itself.
this trade isn't it.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 2:23 p.m.
About what exactly? If it's the Dahlin for Sandin+Holl or Liljegren, no, I was just trying to prove a point about the value of handedness, and that a RHD isn't automatically more valuable than a LHD. If it's something else, read the post below.

using your logic:

Toronto Trades - Reilly

Rangers Trade - Hajek and Lundkvist

This trade is fair because I've added Lundkvist and he is a RHD.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 2:25 p.m.
1) It does though but your comparison isnt close
If you had a dollar and a misprint dollar, the misprint dollar trades at auction for $8.75. The misprint dollar is more valuable than a dollar, but no one is trading a $100 dollar bill for it.
Holl is a dollar, Lundkvist is a misprint dollar, Dahlin is a 100$ bill
2) and 3) The Rangers dont need Sandin, this is at least 50% of the problem, Jones is a highly touted prospect that Drury seems to think is ready for full time duty

It's not Holl vs Dahlin... read the non-bolded section, and even if it was the point is handedness doesn't automatically give a RHD more valuable. Holl is much older which though which is why I said Sandin+Holl for Dahlin or Dahlin for Liljegren, in both cases handedness isn't going to tip the scale.

It's clear to me now though from other replies that you do think handedness is a factor because you don't think that Sandin is the better player. I already said that even if Lundkvist is the more valuable player, Sandin is a good return because they could play him now. You still disagree though since you said you would rather take a 2nd over Sandin. If Jones is NHL-ready then sure they have no use for Sandin, but just because they have a highly touted prospect in the system, doesn't mean they can't use a young player now, who will be cheap. In 1 or 2 years, NYR might not be able to afford Lindgren, so if they have Sandin at 1.5-1.8m (which is what he would have to take for them to afford him) x2 or 3.

The reason for the need for a trade isn't that the Rangers have a surplus of defensive prospects, that's the cause of the issue but not the issue. If you have guys playing in the AHL who aren't NHL ready, or are but need a sheltered role, if you can keep them in the system until a good trade opportunity comes around, then a surplus isn't an issue. A surplus, is an issue is when it's on the NHL level (meaning 1-way or 2-way waiver eligible players) or on the AHL level when those players request a trade, but only then.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 2:26 p.m.
Edited Sep. 2, 2022 at 2:34 p.m.
using your logic:

Toronto Trades - Reilly

Rangers Trade - Hajek and Lundkvist

This trade is fair because I've added Lundkvist and he is a RHD.

What do you mean? I'm not the one who is saying that being a RHD automatically makes you more valuable. Re-read my previous reply. The whole point is to say that it isn't a fair trade. It's a mute point though, because he views Sandin and Lundkvist as equals in age and ability, but Lundkvist as more talented plus he's a RHD, so therefore, he has a whole lot more trade value than Sandin, and if that was true he would be correct, but it's not the mere handidness that automatically makes him more valuable. I'm saying they probably aren't equals, in terms of ability it seems to me that Sandin is more capable, I could be wrong, which then takes me to my second point.

Point 2: Even if Lundkvist is the more valuable player, Sandin isn't a bad return. He says yes it is, a 2nd is better, because there's no need for Sandin because of Jones (who might not even have a roster spot).
Sep. 2, 2022 at 2:46 p.m.
Shibbal18
What do you mean? I'm not the one who is saying that being a RHD automatically makes you more valuable. Re-read my previous reply. The whole point is to say that it isn't a fair trade. It's a mute point though, because he views Sandin and Lundkvist as equals in age and ability, but Lundkvist as more talented plus he's a RHD, so therefore, he has a whole lot more trade value than Sandin, and if that was true he would be correct, but it's not the mere handidness that automatically makes him more valuable. I'm saying they probably aren't equals, in terms of ability it seems to me that Sandin is more capable, I could be wrong, which then takes me to my second point.

Point 2: Even if Lundkvist is the more valuable player, Sandin isn't a bad return. He says yes it is, a 2nd is better, because there's no need for Sandin because of Jones (who might not even have a roster spot).

Not trying to be rude but if being a RHD always means being valuable, then how about Holl+Sandin for Dahlin

Holl is worth more as a right handed dman. He has more value than his comparables, this is a fact. Your example is Holl and Sandin for Dahlin. Even with Holl's inflated value, Holl and Sandin, arent in the same universe as Dahlin. So youre not making a point. If SJS trades Simek for Holl, SJ wins that trade because Holl is a right-handed Dman. I dont know why this is hard to understand
Surplus is an issue, Lundkvist wants to get traded because theres no spot for him, its why we're here in the first place. Jones is ready or Drury would have signed a UFA - the Rangers are generally one of the more desirable teams to sign with, even when there bad, he wouldnt have had a problem shoring up the 3rd pair D spot. There were plenty of players comparable to Sandin in UFA. That should be interpreted as Drury having 0 interest in D men
Sep. 2, 2022 at 3:10 p.m.
you are talking out of both sides of your mouth here.
-there is no proof that Sandin has a higher ceiling than Jones
-you could make the argument that if the Rangers weren't pressured to play the newly signed Nemeth and gave Jones the full season on the 3rd pair that he would be just as far along (which isn't very far) as Sandin
-the concept of this trade does not make any sense for the Rangers
-everything that you have said thus far about Sandin can be applied to both Jones and Nemeth

this whole debate has been spawned because of a trade that would benefit TML and not the Rangers, so we are just spinning tires here.
Nils requested a trade but there is zero pressure on Drury to move him. Loan him to the SHL and trade him when the correct deal presents itself.
this trade isn't it.

What proof do you need? Sandin is simply a higher potential prospect than Jones. By your logic of lack of proof there is also no proof that Lafreniere has a higher ceiling than Nick Robertson. In reality the proof is in their potential based on scouting and growth as a prospect/young player. Sandin simply has the higher ceiling because the potential is clearly there.

Sep. 2, 2022 at 3:29 p.m.
Edited Sep. 2, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.
Holl is worth more as a right handed dman. He has more value than his comparables, this is a fact. Your example is Holl and Sandin for Dahlin. Even with Holl's inflated value, Holl and Sandin, arent in the same universe as Dahlin. So youre not making a point. If SJS trades Simek for Holl, SJ wins that trade because Holl is a right-handed Dman. I dont know why this is hard to understand
Surplus is an issue, Lundkvist wants to get traded because theres no spot for him, its why we're here in the first place. Jones is ready or Drury would have signed a UFA - the Rangers are generally one of the more desirable teams to sign with, even when there bad, he wouldnt have had a problem shoring up the 3rd pair D spot. There were plenty of players comparable to Sandin in UFA. That should be interpreted as Drury having 0 interest in D men

I'm not confused about when righthandedness does increase a player's value, I know that it could that's why I said that it doesn't automatically increase a player's value. The Dahlin example is an example where a clear cut better player for a player of similar age, high upside (even if it's lower), handedness isn't going to even move the needle to make it anywhere close. You're assuming that I think Sandin and Lundkvist are comparables beyond age and potential, but I'm saying Sandin seems to be the better player now, enough to make him just as valuable or more based of the situation which we also disagree about.

Reread what I said about surplus (it's not a bad issue from the team's pov unless in the cases that I mentioned), on the left side isn't going to be an issue unless Sandin isn't going to get playing time which means that Jones is NHL ready and better than Sandin now (he might be I don't know). If Jones is worse than Sandin now, NHL ready and willing to play as the 7th D or earn his spot, then having a surplus is a good issue to have. Now if he goes asking for a trade like Lundkvist then it's an issue you don't want. I already qualified my statement though about both surplus not being an issue just like I did with handidness and trade value previously. Now, the surplus on the right side which has become an issue because it led to Lundkvist asking a trade, has nothing to do with the left side. The same thing could happen on the left side, but that's Drury's job to know, I have no clue about Jones' readiness so to me it seems like there's a spot that Sandin can play, which is our 2nd point of disagreement. The 3rd (it was previously my second point but it's connected to the previous point) was with the assumption that Lundkvist is the more valuable player, that taking a second is better than taking Sandin for him, and we disagree because you think Sandin has no spot to play, to me it seems like he does.

Summary (not sure if you're just reading these and that's why you are having trouble with what I'm saying or if it's because I'm being too wordy):

1a) I don't agree that Lundkvist is the more valuable player because I don't think he edges Sandin out in anything expect for being a RHD. I know you disagree with this but I'm unsure about is if you think Lundkvist just more talented but Sandin is slightly more developed or if you think Lundkvist is more talented and just as developed? Are Lundkvist and Sandin comparables as defenders in your eyes in term of potential and development at this stage? The only thing that is clear is that you think Lundkvist is more talented and more valuable due to talent+handedness.

1b) If overall they are equals (in terms of age, potential, and development), then I agree with you that Lundkvist is more valuable being the RHD. If Lundkvist is better overall, then his handedness just makes him much more valuable than Sandin as you suggested with your first comment when you said Sandin is "practically nothing".

2a) If I'm wrong and Lundkvist is the more valuable player, I still don't agree that Sandin is a bad return because I do think there's a spot, that he can play.
2b) If there is no spot for him to play like you said, then perhaps a 2nd is a better return, but in terms of value it's still less than Sandin's, that being said it makes no sense to trade for another player they can't use.

3) If Jones is an AHLer then having Sandin isn't an issue.

Let me know if you agree with those statements 1 through 3.

Sep. 2, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
Hidalgo
LOL but its Toronto, the league is built around them. Why wouldnt you want to donate a young talented Right handed D man for practically nothing?

*rangers get the better, more proven player* these leafs fans are so dumb!!
Shibbal18 liked this.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 3:46 p.m.
Shibbal18
I'm not confused about when righthandedness does increase a player's value, I know that it could that's why I said that it doesn't automatically increase a player's value. The Dahlin example is an example where a clear cut better player for a player of similar age, high upside (even if it's lower), handedness isn't going to even move the needle to make it anywhere close. You're assuming that I think Sandin and Lundkvist are comparables beyond age and potential, but I'm saying Sandin seems to be the better player now, enough to make him just as valuable or more based of the situation which we also disagree about.

Reread what I said about surplus, on the left side isn't going to be an issue unless Sandin isn't going to get playing time which means that Jones is NHL ready and better than Sandin now (he might be I don't know). If Jones is worse than Sandin now, NHL ready and willing to play as the 7th D or earn his spot, then having a surplus is a good issue to have. Now if he goes asking for a trade like Lundkvist then it's an issue you don't want. I already qualified my statement though about both surplus not being an issue just like I did with handidness and trade value previously. Now, the surplus on the right side which has become an issue because it led to Lundkvist asking a trade, has nothing to do with the left side. The same thing could happen on the left side, but that's Drury's job to know, I have no clue about Jones' readiness so to me it seems like there's a spot that Sandin can play, which is our 2nd point of disagreement. The 3rd (it was previously my second point but it's connected to the previous point) was with the assumption that Lundkvist is the more valuable player, that taking a second is better than taking Sandin for him, and we disagree because you think Sandin has no spot to play, to me it seems like he does.

Summary (not sure if you're just reading these and that's why you are having trouble with what I'm saying or if it's because I'm being too wordy):

1a) I don't agree that Lundkvist is the more valuable player because I don't think he edges Sandin out in anything expect for being a RHD.
1b) If overall they are equals, then I agree with you that Lundkvist is more valuable being the RHD. If Lundkvist is better overall, then his handedness just makes him much more valuable than Sandin as you suggested with your first comment when you said Sandin is "practically nothing".

2a) If I'm wrong and Lundkvist is the more valuable player, I still don't agree that Sandin is a bad return because I do think there's a spot, that he can play.
2b) If there is no spot for him to play like you said, then perhaps a 2nd is a better return, but in terms of value it's still less than Sandin's, that being said it makes no sense to trade for another player they can't use.

The only thing I'm unsure about is if you think Lundkvist just more talented but Sandin is slightly more developed or if you think Lundkvist is more talented and just as developed?

I didnt say being right handed makes you jump tiers in value
The Dahlin example is an example where a clear cut better player for a player of similar age, high upside (even if it's lower), handedness isn't going to even move the needle to make it anywhere close.
, I said multiple times in multiple comments that when comparing similar value dmen when one is Left handed and one is right handed, the right handed dman has more value than the left handed dman when there is no other delineating factor, so the Dahlin example is a false association. The example the entire time: Sandin - Left handed Lundkvist - right handed, value is nearly even, edge Lundkvist
If overall they are equals, then I agree with you that Lundkvist is more valuable being the RHD

So even if we disagree on their value, which we do - Lundkvist could be a top 4 Dman PPQB, Sandin is right were he should be until he leaves the NHL for Sweden in a couple of years. Sandin is not a Dahlin to Lundkvist being Holl, their value is infinitely closer right now, as Lundkvist has not shown enough at the NHL level to gauge his play. and as I said before, Sandin is not a must have. There is not enough need for Sandin for NY to consider that a win.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 4:13 p.m.
Edited Sep. 2, 2022 at 4:28 p.m.
I didnt say being right handed makes you jump tiers in value , I said multiple times in multiple comments that when comparing similar value dmen when one is Left handed and one is right handed, the right handed dman has more value than the left handed dman when there is no other delineating factor, so the Dahlin example is a false association.

The example the entire time: Sandin - Left handed Lundkvist - right handed, value is nearly even, edge Lundkvist
So even if we disagree on their value, which we do - Lundkvist could be a top 4 Dman PPQB, Sandin is right were he should be until he leaves the NHL for Sweden in a couple of years. Sandin is not a Dahlin to Lundkvist being Holl, their value is infinitely closer right now, as Lundkvist has not shown enough at the NHL level to gauge his play. and as I said before, Sandin is not a must have. There is not enough need for Sandin for NY to consider that a win.

At first you only said Sandin was worthless, and then you said they are comparables but Lundqvist has the edge, but what you now said about Sandin's potential is in line with the first thing you said and that they aren't even comparables.

The first thing you said that I replied to was:

"LOL but its Toronto, the league is built around them. Why wouldnt you want to donate a young talented Right handed D man for practically nothing?"

Which doesn't just suggest that Lundkvist has an edge on him, you implied that they aren't even in the same tier in terms of value

And I replied with the following because I assumed you thought they were more or less, comparables even if you thought Lundkvist was slightly better but that he's much more valuable because of his handidness:

"Sandin is the same age, he's a left hand D but he has much more NHL experience, he's more established than Lundkvist, so just being a RHD isn't going to make him the more valuable player. Lundkvist was only taken one spot ahead in the draft, so it's not like he's a top 10 RHD prospect."

You then said that being more established doesn't mean more developed or more talented, and you said Lundkvist is the more talented player. So, then came the talk about handedness and my Dahlin example, which is just an exaggerated example to prove that handedness doesn't automatically make a player more valuable which is a point, that you do agree with. You called the example a false association because you thought I was saying that Lundkvist is like Holl and Sandin is like Dahlin which wasn't what I was saying, and the fact that what you think of Sandin's potential doesn't even make him and Lundqvists' comparable which you have made clear now when talking to

"Sandin is right were he should be until he leaves the NHL for Sweden in a couple of years"

Seem like you think Sandin is harldy an NHLer and his potential at best is a bottom pairing/7th D, you've only made this clear now, even though you did say they are comparables. I disagree, but if what you were saying were true then, yes, Sandin would not only just not be a must have, he would be a player to avoid. Not only would there be a lack of need for Sandin but there wouldn't be any.
Sep. 2, 2022 at 4:19 p.m.
Shibbal18
The first thing you said that I replied to was:

"LOL but its Toronto, the league is built around them. Why wouldnt you want to donate a young talented Right handed D man for practically nothing?"

IMO if youre trading for something you dont need, youre trading for nothing.

I do think Lundkvist is more talented too, Sandin is more established and further developed. But being established does not mean you're more developed, just in this case, I think Sandin is further along in development. Which is why I also dont think he has much more ceiling left
Sep. 2, 2022 at 4:38 p.m.
IMO if youre trading for something you dont need, youre trading for nothing.

I do think Lundkvist is more talented too, Sandin is more established and further developed. But being established does not mean you're more developed, just in this case, I think Sandin is further along in development. Which is why I also dont think he has much more ceiling left

I agree with all that you are saying here except that I don't think Sandin is capped, I think the lower end of his potential is a top 4 D and the higher end is -I don't think he will reach it because of I heard that he is lacking in speed-is similar to Lundkvist's. Not sure why you think Sandin is close to being capped out just because he's further along in development when he's the same age as Lundqvist.

I'm not sure that they don't need Sandin, you could be right, it's definitely not a pressing need but it's about making the best of a bad situation here. Ideally, they keep Lundqvist until they can make a trade that best suites them. I'm not saying that this is the best trade out their for them either, it just seems like it could be a good option. The Rangers are a team looking for to win now, so if they can let their prospects stay in the AHL longer that's not a bad thing, and if Sandin can help them it's better to have him versus a 2nd rounder for example. It really depends if Sandin is an upgrade on whoever will play on the left side this season, or if he would have at least a good chance to make the team himself, or else he would request a trade as well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll