$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 10, 2022 at 2:21 p.m.
Pensforcup11
Perfect Trade!!
Faska Is A Perfect 3rd Line Forward
Sep. 10, 2022 at 2:23 p.m.
Quoting: Aidans111
Perfect Trade!!
Faska Is A Perfect 3rd Line Forward

Is this sarcasm or honesty?
Sep. 10, 2022 at 2:25 p.m.
Pensforcup11
Quoting: T0R
Is this sarcasm or honesty?

Honesty Kane Is Worth That
Sep. 10, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
Quoting: Aidans111
Honesty Kane Is Worth That

He is still a 90+ point guy & add him next to JT & if you can convince him to resign at a discount it would be massive for the team, losing Willy but gaining Kane for 2-3 years aka until Willy walked in UFA is huge & having 2 1sts in a Loaded draft
Sep. 10, 2022 at 2:42 p.m.
Dallas accepts. The papers are already sent to the NHL’s offices.

After that, we can sign Robertson long term.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 3:17 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Neither team likes the kane trade. Leafs run from that Dallas trade.
JAKE6, SociallyHawkward, palhal and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 3:32 p.m.
Let Him Cook
Quoting: GenXHockey
Neither team likes the kane trade. Leafs run from that Dallas trade.

we just signed jarnkrok who will take over 3rd line C if kampf decides to test free agency, no reason to get another 3rd line center who makes more money
Sep. 10, 2022 at 3:41 p.m.
Quoting: jake4leafs
we just signed jarnkrok who will take over 3rd line C if kampf decides to test free agency, no reason to add another 3rd line center who makes more money

Can i explain my logic here, Essentially Faksa isn’t as bad as perceived he has pretty good micro stats, hits & blocks shots for ex. 129 hits & 68 blocked shots which would make him 3rd on the leafs roster in BS & 2nd in Hits, has 2 points in 7 games last playoffs, he wouldn’t be awful to have play the 3rd line, The idea is Faksa is moved & now they can sign J-Rob. Hakanpaa is a good cheaper defender with more term than Holl who does the same yhing whilst hitting with actual force, The Kane deal takes in 1 factor, Kane resigns at 4.5 x 2 essentially 2.4 mil less than Willy for the same tenure as Nylander when Willy would probably walk in UFA , Kane’s production most likely stays the same over than period as well, Getting 2 firsts in what is considered a very stacked draft class, the best one since 2015 is a very good thing too for Toronto & probably makes up for the 2 firsts we don’t have for the two years after since Dubas has made it known that he can get 1st round calliber guys in the 2nd or 3rd round,This trade makes perfect sense for the Leafs & the only one that kinda doesn’t is the Faksa one but even that is optional, could just keep Holl & not have to worry
Sep. 10, 2022 at 4:04 p.m.
Hawks decline. Zero interest in Nylander a ufa long before the hawks are ready to compete. Definitely not giving up any draft picks anytime soon. Doesn't meet a single need for the hawks.
ChiHawk liked this.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 4:58 p.m.
NoQuitInNewYork
Best Kane trade I’ve seen and i have seen hundreds.

Stars trade is great put I don’t think they trade Hakanpaa

I also think Kerfoot is worth a 3rd.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
Hawks decline. Zero interest in Nylander a ufa long before the hawks are ready to compete. Definitely not giving up any draft picks anytime soon. Doesn't meet a single need for the hawks.

Let me ask you a simple question if the hawks aren’t going to use Nylander would it not be possible to send him to a team with retention to gain a 1st that would most likely be higher than Tampa’s anyway answer me that question before telling me this makes 0 sense for the hawks WHEN THEY CAN FLIP A 80+ Point guy
Sep. 10, 2022 at 5:32 p.m.
Let me ask you a simple question if the hawks aren’t going to use Nylander would it not be possible to send him to a team with retention to gain a 1st that would most likely be higher than Tampa’s anyway answer me that question before telling me this makes 0 sense for the hawks WHEN THEY CAN FLIP A 80+ Point guy

Sure it's possible but the hawks won't have the retention slot left for Nylander after trading toews Kane and either Murphy, mccabe, athanasious, johnson, or domi. Now let me ask you a simple question. Why trade Kane for a player that doesn't help the tank in anyway and only creates more work for a rookie gm that just got schooled on the debrincat trade?
Sep. 10, 2022 at 5:34 p.m.
Sure it's possible but the hawks won't have the retention slot left for Nylander after trading toews Kane and either Murphy, mccabe, athanasious, johnson, or domi. Now let me ask you a simple question. Why trade Kane for a player that doesn't help the tank in anyway and only creates more work for a rookie gm that just got schooled on the debrincat trade?

Because even without retention you can package Willy for a guaranteed 1st either this year or next year, he has term which is the whole thing, wait till the Kane slot is used up then boom Willy for a 1st+, Hawks aren’t in a 1 year rebuild it’s a multi-year you have time use it
Sep. 10, 2022 at 5:38 p.m.
Because even without retention you can package Willy for a guaranteed 1st either this year or next year, he has term which is the whole thing, wait till the Kane slot is used up then boom Willy for a 1st+, Hawks aren’t in a 1 year rebuild it’s a multi-year you have time use it

Just ignoring the part about the rookie gm already losing a big trade?
Sep. 10, 2022 at 6:01 p.m.
Just ignoring the part about the rookie gm already losing a big trade?

You don’t get better without making more trades, you need to improve your trade skill somehow also if anything him being a rookie GM that has already been fleeced means he is more likely to take a deal you hate over one you sorta like
Sep. 10, 2022 at 6:20 p.m.
why would you move willy? You have the prospects and picks to acquire Kane without moving him. Yeah, I know you're probably thinking longevity with Willy, but isn't the idea to go all in and win now? The leafs can't even pass the first round, it's probably ideal to keep nylander. I also don't see the hawks taking Nylander, he'll be long aged before they finish their rebuild.

Faksa trade makes 0 sense as well, you're moving Holl for another RHD who is only slightly better when your priority should be signing Sandin. Taking that Faksa contract is brutal especially when Kampf is perfect in the 3C slot and makes way less.

I saw you mention the Hawks flipping Nylander when they acquire him, but why couldn't the leafs just do that? You can acquire kane without giving them nylander, and if cap space is an issue, you can easily move an 80pt, 6.9 million dollar player can get a boatload in return. (you could probably use 1 or two of those assets FOR trading to get kane and still keep some assets at the samew time) These trades can be executed way better.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Edited Sep. 10, 2022 at 7:01 p.m.
There is absolutely no logic that Kane signs a discount for the Leafs in 23/24 just because he was traded to Leafs this season.
By your line-up you have let Sandin walk as a UFA.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 6:49 p.m.
Quoting: kxllua
why would you move willy? You have the prospects and picks to acquire Kane without moving him. Yeah, I know you're probably thinking longevity with Willy, but isn't the idea to go all in and win now? The leafs can't even pass the first round, it's probably ideal to keep nylander. I also don't see the hawks taking Nylander, he'll be long aged before they finish their rebuild.

Faksa trade makes 0 sense as well, you're moving Holl for another RHD who is only slightly better when your priority should be signing Sandin. Taking that Faksa contract is brutal especially when Kampf is perfect in the 3C slot and makes way less.

I saw you mention the Hawks flipping Nylander when they acquire him, but why couldn't the leafs just do that? You can acquire kane without giving them nylander, and if cap space is an issue, you can easily move an 80pt, 6.9 million dollar player can get a boatload in return. (you could probably use 1 or two of those assets FOR trading to get kane and still keep some assets at the samew time) These trades can be executed way better.

Lets say you flip Willy but now the Hawks don’t trade you Kane, you’ve cannibalized your 2nd line RW & made your team worse without getting a replacement, In the Deal i propose Kane takes a discount to stay with the Leafs say a 4x 2 which makes him cheaper & better also allowing you to resign Bunting & Sandin, plus getting an extra pick in this loaded nhl draft
Sep. 10, 2022 at 6:50 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
There is absolutely no logic that Kane signs a discount for the Leafs in 23/24 just because he was traded to Leafs this season.
By your line-up you have let Sandin want as a UFA.

Say he wins a cup? he might be inclined to resign if not you have 7 mil to get someone who isn’t afraid of corners & Trade Muzzin with his M-NTC going into effect which allows Sandy to play
Sep. 10, 2022 at 6:57 p.m.
Lets say you flip Willy but now the Hawks don’t trade you Kane, you’ve cannibalized your 2nd line RW & made your team worse without getting a replacement, In the Deal i propose Kane takes a discount to stay with the Leafs say a 4x 2 which makes him cheaper & better also allowing you to resign Bunting & Sandin, plus getting an extra pick in this loaded nhl draft

you have the assets to acquire kane without giving them nylander. (im also 99% sure they arent interested in nylander anyway, theyd rather give more ice time to their young players because they are rebuilding, they also wouldnt flip him right away). I literally just said if cap space is the issue you can move willy, just do it before the season starts.

Youve also essentially handicapped yourself with the cap space by taking on hakaanpa and faksa when you don't need either of them.

There's also no guarantee kane takes a discount, youre gambling on that, especially at the price you think he'll sign at.

Your priority shouldnt be draft picks, it should be winning. The hawks aren't going to trade firsts with you as well. None of these trades make sense man.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 7:05 p.m.
you have the assets to acquire kane without giving them nylander. (im also 99% sure they arent interested in nylander anyway, theyd rather give more ice time to their young players because they are rebuilding, they also wouldnt flip him right away). I literally just said if cap space is the issue you can move willy, just do it before the season starts.

Youve also essentially handicapped yourself with the cap space by taking on hakaanpa and faksa when you don't need either of them.

There's also no guarantee kane takes a discount, youre gambling on that, especially at the price you think he'll sign at.

Your priority shouldnt be draft picks, it should be winning. The hawks aren't going to trade firsts with you as well. None of these trades make sense man.

Alright please enlighten me I want an explanation of who you’re trading Willy to, What is the return,How you get Kane without trading Willy & what is that package & most importantly how it impacts the FUTURE of the team, Also the Kane situation is very similar to Joe Pavelski, great point producers that are old, they should take less just like Malkin did too
Sep. 10, 2022 at 7:15 p.m.
Alright please enlighten me I want an explanation of who you’re trading Willy to, What is the return,How you get Kane without trading Willy & what is that package & most importantly how it impacts the FUTURE of the team

Why are you trading willy in the first place? He scores 80 pts a season and makes less than 7m?

Even if the leafs moved Kerfoot and Holl, they would be left with roughly 4m, which is not enough to acquire kane.
Now lets say hypothetically they DID have enough,
A package for kane, "IF" the leafs had the space and were interested would probably include; draft picks, knies and maybe sandin (if the leafs are sure they want to part ways with him), with kane salary retained.

0 reason to acquire Faksa and Hakanpaa.
And 0 reason to move Nylander. You're just handicapping yourself there.

I get you're an idealistic leafs fan, but kane probably wouldnt take a big discount either, youre just guessing there.
The "future of the team" isn't your MAIN priority here. Like I said before, your priority is to WIN. Nylander is going to take a pay raise when his contract is up, but that is a bridge you cross when you get there. He scores 80pts and makes less than 7mil. Again, 0 reason to move him when you are in a position to win and can BARELY get out of the first round. You're better off giving nylander that 1-2 mil payraise then to sign an old kane to a discount that doesnt even exist because you think he's going to take one lmfao.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
Can i explain my logic here, Essentially Faksa isn’t as bad as perceived he has pretty good micro stats, hits & blocks shots for ex. 129 hits & 68 blocked shots which would make him 3rd on the leafs roster in BS & 2nd in Hits, has 2 points in 7 games last playoffs, he wouldn’t be awful to have play the 3rd line, The idea is Faksa is moved & now they can sign J-Rob. Hakanpaa is a good cheaper defender with more term than Holl who does the same yhing whilst hitting with actual force, The Kane deal takes in 1 factor, Kane resigns at 4.5 x 2 essentially 2.4 mil less than Willy for the same tenure as Nylander when Willy would probably walk in UFA , Kane’s production most likely stays the same over than period as well, Getting 2 firsts in what is considered a very stacked draft class, the best one since 2015 is a very good thing too for Toronto & probably makes up for the 2 firsts we don’t have for the two years after since Dubas has made it known that he can get 1st round calliber guys in the 2nd or 3rd round,This trade makes perfect sense for the Leafs & the only one that kinda doesn’t is the Faksa one but even that is optional, could just keep Holl & not have to worry

Not a chance Kane would sign an extension for that anyway; dude will get $7M minimum on his next deal and if only 2 years, easily $8M. Not to mention Chicago doesn't accept this trade
glaive liked this.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 7:31 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Not a chance Kane would sign an extension for that anyway; dude will get $7M minimum on his next deal and if only 2 years, easily $8M. Not to mention Chicago doesn't accept this trade

ive been trying to say this for 20 minutes man holy thank you
ChiHawk liked this.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 7:50 p.m.
ive been trying to say this for 20 minutes man holy thank you

Well when comparable have done the same how can you tell me i am wrong?, Pavelski 7.5,Malkin 6.5, Kane signing for the same as Willy’s current number of 6.9 is not out of the question & a 6 mil deal for 2-3 years of a 90+ point superstar is incredible then you move on, Also why would Chicago refuse this, I see no reason for them to say no, You get 2 1sts & all you’re giving up is the 31st or the 32nd pick that isn’t hard to part with, then you get an 80+ point guy who you can flip right away for a better 1st, It makes complete sense from what i can see or you can take Hirvonen,Robertson,Voit, a 1st & 3rd for Kane 50% & we get both for cheaper

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll