RD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 20, 2022 at 8:22 p.m.
Why are you even giving up Ruhwedel? It’s not worth the return to give up much needed defensive depth. You have 900k in cap space with 23 players. Keep Ruhwedel and let DOC play in the minors until injuries occur.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Sep. 21, 2022 at 6:51 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Quoting: ChiHawk
And you probably think Kaapo is still worth his #2 draft position because you don't watch enough hockey to see he's shown little to be a A level prospect anymore. You also clearly can't read so your opinions in general comes off as crazy attempts to troll LMAO

I am an Islanders fan who was calling Kakko a bust. Im not saying he isnt, even though he had great analytics this season and just didnt get the point production but was very good defensively. My point is that no team is giving up a top prospect/young former high pick for 30 games of Patrick Kane. Nobody is doing that. Maybe you could get Kravtzov and a first, not Kakko.

I am telling you now that nobody in the NHL world sees Kane as that type of player anymore, nor does he have that value. Feel free to disagree, but I am only trying to help you so you dont get your heat crushsed
Sep. 21, 2022 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: oliver_wahlstrom
I am an Islanders fan who was calling Kakko a bust. Im not saying he isnt, even though he had great analytics this season and just didnt get the point production but was very good defensively. My point is that no team is giving up a top prospect/young former high pick for 30 games of Patrick Kane. Nobody is doing that. Maybe you could get Kravtzov and a first, not Kakko.

I am telling you now that nobody in the NHL world sees Kane as that type of player anymore, nor does he have that value. Feel free to disagree, but I am only trying to help you so you dont get your heat crushsed

When you say "nobody" then you are omitting all of the professional analysts because every single one of them, such as The Athletic, are suggesting Kane is still a top 10 winger in the league (analytically he is) and if he agrees to go to more then 1 team, there will be a bidding war most suggesting a very good prospect (not elite but top 6 forward) plus a late 1st. Your opinion may vary from that, but the analysts all are pretty aligned with what I'm sharing.
Sep. 21, 2022 at 2:04 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
When you say "nobody" then you are omitting all of the professional analysts because every single one of them, such as The Athletic, are suggesting Kane is still a top 10 winger in the league (analytically he is) and if he agrees to go to more then 1 team, there will be a bidding war most suggesting a very good prospect (not elite but top 6 forward) plus a late 1st. Your opinion may vary from that, but the analysts all are pretty aligned with what I'm sharing.

the athletic is all analytics!!! you are so smart!!! the athletic only uses production instead of projectiles as well. nice straw man tho
Sep. 21, 2022 at 2:59 p.m.
the athletic is all analytics!!! you are so smart!!! the athletic only uses production instead of projectiles as well. nice straw man tho

That's just one of the sources, but also one of the most well respected resources in the NHL. Pull up an article where an analyst doesn't say Kane is worth a 1st and very good prospect or more and then will compare to how many disagree with it. Your opinion is a strawman until you can substantiate with professional opinions.
Sep. 21, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Yeah, I wasn't arguing that BUF should take him. Just the comment by the road scholar about why would any team pay for him. He is a rock solid dman at $800K and has actually boosted the underlying stats of anyone he was paired with.
My friend, I agree.
I should have been more positive about Chad, "There could WILL be other teams giving up a fourth THIRD for Chad just not the Sabres."
At the TDL there will me many teams looking for a RHD with playoff experience.
I have watched him play, he is not spectacular, but he is steady.
Chad would have been a solid RHD option for the Sabres prior to performance that Laaksonen displayed in the Prospect Challenge,
Now, as I said, they have Oskari and Fitzgerald for RHD options and will not be making a trade for a RHD.
Mr_Gardoki and GMTD liked this.
Sep. 21, 2022 at 8:04 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
My friend, I agree.
I should have been more positive about Chad, "There could WILL be other teams giving up a fourth THIRD for Chad just not the Sabres."
At the TDL there will me many teams looking for a RHD with playoff experience.
I have watched him play, he is not spectacular, but he is steady.
Chad would have been a solid RHD option for the Sabres prior to performance that Laaksonen displayed in the Prospect Challenge,
Now, as I said, they have Oskari and Fitzgerald for RHD options and will not be making a trade for a RHD.

I'm really annoyed we signed Rutta. We didn't need him. We would have been perfectly fine with Ruhwedel as our 3rd RHD. Rutta was wasted money Hextall could have spent elsewhere, but hey, it wouldn't be the Pens if we didn't overpay for a bottom pairing dman.
Sep. 21, 2022 at 8:32 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
I'm really annoyed we signed Rutta. We didn't need him. We would have been perfectly fine with Ruhwedel as our 3rd RHD. Rutta was wasted money Hextall could have spent elsewhere, but hey, it wouldn't be the Pens if we didn't overpay for a bottom pairing dman.
While I completely agree Chad is much better than Jan, I think Hextall wants to add another RHD with playoff experience.
I know Pittsburgh won their cups with only two RHD, but the last 5 all had 3 LHD and 3 RHD.
Mr_Gardoki and GMTD liked this.
Sep. 22, 2022 at 11:21 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
While I completely agree Chad is much better than Jan, I think Hextall wants to add another RHD with playoff experience.
I know Pittsburgh won their cups with only two RHD, but the last 5 all had 3 LHD and 3 RHD.

The main reason Rutta was brought in was because of his size. I think Rutta will be solid in the third pairing role, but like I said, it just wasn't an area that needed improvement. Hextall and Burke have been wanting this club to get bigger and from what I read recently, they were more concerned about adding the size on the back-end rather than up front.
Sep. 22, 2022 at 11:30 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
That's just one of the sources, but also one of the most well respected resources in the NHL. Pull up an article where an analyst doesn't say Kane is worth a 1st and very good prospect or more and then will compare to how many disagree with it. Your opinion is a strawman until you can substantiate with professional opinions.

i said kane is worth a first and prospect lmao. He just isnt worth Kakko+a first, or a recent top 5 pick + more lol
Sep. 22, 2022 at 11:31 a.m.
i said kane is worth a first and prospect lmao. He just isnt worth Kakko+a first, or a recent top 5 pick + more lol

Kaapo is not a A+ prospect anymore or worth a top 5 pick anymore full stop. And a "prospect" casts a really wide net. As the pros said, Kane is worth a 1st and very good prospect
Sep. 22, 2022 at 11:35 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Kaapo is not a A+ prospect anymore or worth a top 5 pick anymore full stop. And a "prospect" casts a really wide net. As the pros said, Kane is worth a 1st and very good prospect

very good prospect is very broad lmao. the rangers are not trading Kakko and a first for 30 games of Kane. Not happening. Kakko has very good analytics and is great defensively, he may not be the 2nd OVR player we thought he was, but he is worth more than 30 games of Kane, and it isnt close.

if your idea of a good prospect is like Brendan Othmann then sure, but you aint getting any former top 5, probably even top 10 picks within the last 3-4 years
Sep. 22, 2022 at 11:47 a.m.
very good prospect is very broad lmao. the rangers are not trading Kakko and a first for 30 games of Kane. Not happening. Kakko has very good analytics and is great defensively, he may not be the 2nd OVR player we thought he was, but he is worth more than 30 games of Kane, and it isnt close.

if your idea of a good prospect is like Brendan Othmann then sure, but you aint getting any former top 5, probably even top 10 picks within the last 3-4 years

I think you'll find most Rangers fans value Othmann and Kaapo close to one another. I know some of the rangers analysts do. Kaapo is not LaF, let's get real. Kaapo was even a healthy scratch during the playoffs last year. There's a reason Kaapo only got a $2.1M 3 year deal....he simply isn't worth a top 5 pick in his draft year anymore. Very similar to Dach.
Sep. 22, 2022 at 12:16 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
I think you'll find most Rangers fans value Othmann and Kaapo close to one another. I know some of the rangers analysts do. Kaapo is not LaF, let's get real. Kaapo was even a healthy scratch during the playoffs last year. There's a reason Kaapo only got a $2.1M 3 year deal....he simply isn't worth a top 5 pick in his draft year anymore. Very similar to Dach.

Kakko is better than Dach lmao. And you didnt make any points. NHL GMs value players differently than franchise mode lol.
Sep. 22, 2022 at 3:09 p.m.
Kakko is better than Dach lmao. And you didnt make any points. NHL GMs value players differently than franchise mode lol.

I don't know what you're referring to when you mention "franchise mode".

You missed my point. The point I'm making is, in the same way Dach is no longer worth the #3 OA pick (as evidence by his trade value during the 2022 draft) Kaapo is not worth the #2OA pick he was in 2019. Draft position 3 plus years removed is largely irrelevant; either a player lives up to it, exceeds expectations or falls short of their relevant draft position. In both Dach and Kaapo's cases, they have fallen short and to reference Kaapo's draft position, as you did earlier, in a response to implied value 3+ years removed is irrelevant.
Sep. 22, 2022 at 4:06 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
I don't know what you're referring to when you mention "franchise mode".

You missed my point. The point I'm making is, in the same way Dach is no longer worth the #3 OA pick (as evidence by his trade value during the 2022 draft) Kaapo is not worth the #2OA pick he was in 2019. Draft position 3 plus years removed is largely irrelevant; either a player lives up to it, exceeds expectations or falls short of their relevant draft position. In both Dach and Kaapo's cases, they have fallen short and to reference Kaapo's draft position, as you did earlier, in a response to implied value 3+ years removed is irrelevant.

Kakko has great defensive analytics and is on a very similar development path as Andrew Mangiapagne. The Rangers obviously know a thing or two about advanced analytics, as evident in their treatment of Ryan Lindgren and acquisitions of Andrew Copp last year, Sammy Blais earlier in the year and now Vincent Trochek. they are not trading away an elite defender for anything short of a player in their prime, not 6 years+ past it

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll