SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

Nov. 22, 2022 at 1:13 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I’m with you, if Morgan was out longer I could see them making a depth move but with Brodie potentially back next week, I believe they will just wait.

If anything, I’m interested to see Hollowell get a look. I’ve always liked him.

Yeah. This might be a weird position but I'm not certain our D is much worse? Like Mo has recently been very empty calorie and frankly I really believe in the next 4 up even if they aren't perfect (Gio is crazy underrated tho)
Nov. 22, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Random2152
Yeah. This might be a weird position but I'm not certain our D is much worse? Like Mo has recently been very empty calorie and frankly I really believe in the next 4 up even if they aren't perfect (Gio is crazy underrated tho)

Agreed there is no question they will miss Rielly’s offence and transition game but for ALL the good he does he gives it right back defensively. Rielly has been on for 32 5v5 goals against this year. Sandin and Giordano have been on for 13 each.

I’ve also preferred Sandin QB the top unit. Now again, this team needs Morgan but Liljegren/Sandin/Giordano/Holl/Benn/Mete are all NHL Dmen and IF Brodie is back next week, even better. I’m excited to see how the young guys who have to step up fair.

Now if they crash and burn, then you look outside at a move
Nov. 22, 2022 at 1:31 p.m.
Quoting: Nathaniel
Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Toronto didn't make a trade. With our 3 best defenseman all out for a while, we need a defenseman that is going to push the needle and not just act as filler. Jakob Chychrun comes to mind, as even after Rielly and Brodie come back, he would still be highly impactful. That being said, the cost for a guy like Chychrun is going to be stupid. I could genuinely see us rolling a defense core of:

Sandin - Liljegren
Gio - Benn
Mete - Holl

I don't believe in Chychrun and think he is a case of "the best of the worst" and on top of everything, he's not even an RD.

Perhaps it's time to make a slightly bigger trade and bring in a more impactful RD/top six forward combo.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
Which witch is which
Making a knee-jerk trade because Reilly is injured is the sign of a bad GM.
Let this play-out and see how these guys do for the next half dozen games. if it's not sustainable you have to bring in some help.
... and not Chychrun. The asking price of two-firsts for a player who' been injured is ridiculous. The idea of giving up assets for him makes me gag.
With or without injury I wouldn't mind a defenseman with some moxy, someone tough and who isn't afraid to fight - Matt Roy comes to mind or Mark Borowiecki from Nashville, although he's currently injured as well. Joshua brown is also tough, doesn't move the needle much in way of defense, but he's cheap and adds some grit.
Regardless, the Leafs need to improve the Left-wing before slapping a band-aid on the defense.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Iggwilv
Making a knee-jerk trade because Reilly is injured is the sign of a bad GM.
Let this play-out and see how these guys do for the next half dozen games. if it's not sustainable you have to bring in some help.
... and not Chychrun. The asking price of two-firsts for a player who' been injured is ridiculous. The idea of giving up assets for him makes me gag.
With or without injury I wouldn't mind a defenseman with some moxy, someone tough and who isn't afraid to fight - Matt Roy comes to mind or Mark Borowiecki from Nashville, although he's currently injured as well. Joshua brown is also tough, doesn't move the needle much in way of defense, but he's cheap and adds some grit.
Regardless, the Leafs need to improve the Left-wing before slapping a band-aid on the defense.

Matt Roy would be such a great fit for this team. Not too sure what LA would be looking for, but he's a guy that I'd be happy to add even with a fully health blue line. He's my favourite target, I really don't want Chychrun.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 5:36 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
So does anyone know what a Timmins trade might look like?

I have no idea what his value is these days - or even what his skill set is.

Anyway it seems like the perfect ratio of rumours (not a lot but enough) that means a trade might actually happen
Nov. 22, 2022 at 5:38 p.m.
Go leafs go

Anyway it seems like the perfect ratio of rumours (not a lot but enough) that means a trade might actually happen

Not sure. You’d have to think his value is very low at this point. Joey Anderson maybe?
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 5:50 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Ladies and gentlemen, Conor Timmins has the Passion

In addition to him having the passion, he's also a decent high-upside target who wouldn't break the bank. Makes very little in real money (>1 mil) and his value is at an all time low. Plus, he could easily stick around when he return to full health
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 6:14 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
Not sure. You’d have to think his value is very low at this point. Joey Anderson maybe?

Joey is the guy we need called up if say Malgin goes down and hes key to the Marlies

Maybe McMann and a 7th
Nov. 22, 2022 at 6:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
If we beat NJ tommorow and end that streak with a Dcore of

Sandin-Liligren
Gio-Holl
Benn-Mete

The memes will be alive
Nov. 22, 2022 at 7:09 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
If we beat NJ tommorow and end that streak with a Dcore of

Sandin-Liligren
Gio-Holl
Benn-Mete

The memes will be alive

Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 7:48 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Ladies and gentlemen, Conor Timmins has the Passion

In addition to him having the passion, he's also a decent high-upside target who wouldn't break the bank. Makes very little in real money (>1 mil) and his value is at an all time low. Plus, he could easily stick around when he return to full health

I mean thats what they all say. Remember Nick Hague said the same thing but in general if it wasnt for 3 of the big Dman going down I would be like sure. But now no.

In general Toronto should explore a trade and bring someone proper in. Someone who can play around 20+mins a night

As to who 0 idea. We got 5.625mill in LTIR so use it. (Not counting Reilly as hes coming back way before Muzzin who I seriously doubt returns)
Nov. 22, 2022 at 9:05 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: aadoyle
Joey is the guy we need called up if say Malgin goes down and hes key to the Marlies

Maybe McMann and a 7th

Don’t really care about the Marlies, and they have other call up options anyways. Clifford, Gaudette, Steeves and Abbruzzuze are just as good of call up options.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 9:13 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

No questioning his talent but I have real concerns he will never be able to stay healthy.

Future Considerations should be it be obviously ARI will want something.

Just a guess but I’ll say Mike Koster + Pavel Gogolev
Nov. 23, 2022 at 2:03 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
And he is a Leaf

Nov. 23, 2022 at 2:04 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
For Douglas no less, I’ll take that swap
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

See, told you. Just enough smoke but not too much. Textbook
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 2:42 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Nov. 23, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
Timmins is a nice temporary fix but man I wish we would have gave McMann away over Douglas

Would have liked to see Douglas on our 4th line in 2024

But anywyas

Gio-Holl
Sandin-Liligren
Benn-Timmins
Nov. 23, 2022 at 2:57 p.m.
Go leafs go
I’m fine with the trade. Not crazy about giving up Douglas but you have to give to get.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 2:58 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Colorado fans said he was good but injury luck wasnt great

But hey once healthy

Rielly-Brodie
Gio-Liligren
Sandin-Timmins
Holl

Aint bad for now and Holl can finally sit in the box
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:10 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I'm stoked about the Timmins trade. Douglas has made a very minimal impact with the Marlies this season (and that's being generous), while Timmins is a legitimate NHL caliber RHD with tons of upside. Obviously health is a concern, but for his >1mil caphit, I'll gladly take that risk. He's a guy I would happily keep even when we are fully healthy and may indicate the end of Justin Holl in Toronto. Plus, he expires as an RFA which is great.

Also, I love that the Greyhounds connection continues to stay alive. For a hot minute it seemed as is Notre Dame or the Chicago Steel may take that spot
MatthewsFan liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I love how quick people are to get upset about losing Curtis Douglas just because he was 6'9. If Douglas was 6'0, people would be fawning over our new 6'2 RHD whose from Ontario and grew up a Leafs fan
Nov. 23, 2022 at 4:29 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I love how quick people are to get upset about losing Curtis Douglas just because he was 6'9. If Douglas was 6'0, people would be fawning over our new 6'2 RHD whose from Ontario and grew up a Leafs fan

Good forbid we lose Curtis "1 point in 13 games"Douglas
Nov. 23, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Some of the discourse on this trade is ridiculous. Maybe Timmins can never stay healthy but IF he can, the upside he has over Douglas is not even close.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Some of the discourse on this trade is ridiculous. Maybe Timmins can never stay healthy but IF he can, the upside he has over Douglas is not even close.

Even if he doesn't play a single game for the Leafs, we don't lose anything. Douglas wouldn't have been an NHL contributor here. Bagheads will baghead I suppose

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll