SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

LiljegrenBenn back from LTIR very soon

Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:52 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Both Liljgren and Benn played with the Marlies on Wednesday October Oct 26 as part of their LTIR conditioning. Looks like Liljgren will be back with Leafs soon. Benn? Don't know if he would be the 7th Leaf Dman or a Marlie.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:54 a.m.
Liljegren looked GOOD last night. Excited to see what he will bring at the NHL level this year with him putting on some extra weight.
palhal liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:18 a.m.
Owly
Quoting: ToneCapone420
Liljegren looked GOOD last night. Excited to see what he will bring at the NHL level this year with him putting on some extra weight.

Another year with Gio helping him out will do him wonders. Maybe even let him move higher up in the lineup
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:22 a.m.
Quoting: Logan_Ollivier
Another year with Gio helping him out will do him wonders. Maybe even let him move higher up in the lineup

I think we might see him get a shot with Rielly if he looks good early on.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:24 a.m.
Owly
I think we might see him get a shot with Rielly if he looks good early on.

I am just not sure they make a great pair. Liljegren is often prone to wandering around himself. Rielly does better with a more conservative partner like Brodie. Although if you can have a reasonably safe pair with Rielly and Liljegren, that does free up Brodie to focus on shutdown stuff more which increases his usefulness
Oct. 27, 2022 at 11:11 a.m.
Let Him Cook
Quoting: Logan_Ollivier
I am just not sure they make a great pair. Liljegren is often prone to wandering around himself. Rielly does better with a more conservative partner like Brodie. Although if you can have a reasonably safe pair with Rielly and Liljegren, that does free up Brodie to focus on shutdown stuff more which increases his usefulness

rielly-lily would be full offense pair, which is ok if the other 2 pairs play safer. lily has an amazing first pass
Oct. 27, 2022 at 11:12 a.m.
Let Him Cook

do u know how heavy? 192 on DB which is the same as last year
Oct. 27, 2022 at 11:53 a.m.
Quoting: jake4leafs

Im trying to find the tweet i feel like they said he was over 200lbs
Oct. 27, 2022 at 11:58 a.m.
Quoting: jake4leafs

I may have misspoken. He was not on the list of players that put on weight, he just looked a lot bigger last night after his big hit
JAKE6 liked this.
Oct. 28, 2022 at 2:03 a.m.

I think people need to set their expectations of him a little bit more realistically. He's missed preseason and if you look at players who miss it, they tend to s.

I think people need to set their expectations of him a little bit more realistically. He's missed preseason and if you look at players who miss it, they tend to struggle for a chunk of the season before they begin to look like how they were before the injury.

Remember Hyman when he missed preseason and the first month of the regular season? Or Nylander the year he was about to miss the entire season over contract talks?

Preseason may not mean much to us but it's important for athletes and I expect Lilejgren to have his struggles after the first game or so.
palhal liked this.
Oct. 29, 2022 at 8:58 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX
I think people need to set their expectations of him a little bit more realistically. He's missed preseason and if you look at players who miss it, they tend to s.

I think people need to set their expectations of him a little bit more realistically. He's missed preseason and if you look at players who miss it, they tend to struggle for a chunk of the season before they begin to look like how they were before the injury.

Remember Hyman when he missed preseason and the first month of the regular season? Or Nylander the year he was about to miss the entire season over contract talks?

Preseason may not mean much to us but it's important for athletes and I expect Lilejgren to have his struggles after the first game or so.

Well Liligren has created 2 good pairings with Toronto

Rielly-Lilgren made the XGF go up like 80% or something and Gio-Liligren was just a good 3rd pairing.

I still think the Leafs need to go get someone for the top 4 but I want to see how they do with either Liligren, Benn or both in the lineup. As maybe these 2 coming in is all they needed.
oneX liked this.
Oct. 30, 2022 at 2:41 a.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Well Liligren has created 2 good pairings with Toronto

Rielly-Lilgren made the XGF go up like 80% or something and Gio-Liligren was just a good 3rd pairing.

I still think the Leafs need to go get someone for the top 4 but I want to see how they do with either Liligren, Benn or both in the lineup. As maybe these 2 coming in is all they needed.

Right, I'm not disputing that, just that he's going to struggle as all players do who miss preseason.

Also, he's a young guy... and not the saviour of this defense. Just have some realistic expectations, that's all.
palhal liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll