Forums/Armchair-GM

Kane Toews McCabe

Created by: Garak
Team: 2022-23 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 1, 2022
Published: Dec. 1, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know, not realistic. PIT would probably be reluctant to pay this much for any players, and CHI could probably get more selling them all separately without having to take so much cap back. But this would probably put PIT's cup odds up with BOS and NJD.

At the very least, it would make PIT fun to watch for us CHI fans. haha.
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Kane, Patrick
1$2,650,000
Toews, Jonathan
1$2,650,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Kane, Patrick ($5,250,000 retained)
  2. McCabe, Jake
  3. Toews, Jonathan ($5,250,000 retained)
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (DAL)
  5. 2024 3rd round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
*CHI pays for extra third party retention on both Kane and Toews.
*I think CHI could get a better return trading them separately and wouldn't have to take so much cap back. But, PIT would be a fun team to watch.
CHI
PIT
ARI
  1. Kane, Patrick
  2. Toews, Jonathan
  3. 2023 3rd round pick (DAL)
  4. 2024 3rd round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
*Third round picks are sent to retain more cap hit.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$74,260,592$0$0$8,239,408
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Kane, Patrick
$2,650,000$2,650,000
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Toews, Jonathan
$2,650,000$2,650,000
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,125,000$3,125,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 3
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 1, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
I think it’s kinda time for the penguins to realize that this doesn’t work.
Dec. 1, 2022 at 11:07 a.m.
Quoting: DefenseFirst
I think it’s kinda time for the penguins to realize that this doesn’t work.

I'm not even a PIT fan. As I stated in the description, I'm just trying to imagine a fun scenario for a Kane and Toews trade and I know it isn't realistic. If you can't have fun and need to be negative about every single thing, you need to get a life. I'm starting to think you just get off on attacking any trades involving Kane and Toews. Are you still butt hurt about 2013 or something?
ChiHawk liked this.
Dec. 1, 2022 at 11:10 a.m.
Quoting: Garak
I'm not even a PIT fan. As I stated in the description, I'm just trying to imagine a fun scenario for a Kane and Toews trade and I know it isn't realistic. If you can't have fun and need to be negative about every single thing, you need to get a life. I'm starting to think you just get off on attacking any trades involving Kane and Toews. Are you still butt hurt about 2013 or something?

I gave my opinion on the direction of the penguins.

If you’re going to get super defensive, and think you’re being attacked any time someone has a different opinion, maybe the internet isn’t the place for you. Seriously bud, figure it out. You just went off the rails over a pretty normal comment.
Dec. 1, 2022 at 11:29 a.m.
I gave my opinion on the direction of the penguins.

If you’re going to get super defensive, and think you’re being attacked any time someone has a different opinion, maybe the internet isn’t the place for you. Seriously bud, figure it out. You just went off the rails over a pretty normal comment.

I am not upset or being defensive. In fact, I'm perfectly calm. But you immediately come in belittling PIT fans, neglecting to even check if I was actually a PIT fan. lol. You didn't even take the time to read the description to determine whether I was fantasizing or attempting to be as realistic as possible. Every time I see you interacting on here, you are on some high horse all by yourself, spouting awful opinions as fact. Everything you say is always combative and/or negative and never even in a fun "just busting your balls" kind of way. Try having some fun and having positive interactions with people if you are going to be on here so much.

I could honestly care less whether you take my advice or not. I just see your awful nagging opinions so often that I though maybe you needed a reality check. The reality is, we are all dweebs sitting on computers pretending we are NHL GM's.
ChiHawk liked this.
Dec. 1, 2022 at 11:45 a.m.
I am not upset or being defensive. In fact, I'm perfectly calm. But you immediately come in belittling PIT fans, neglecting to even check if I was actually a PIT fan. lol. You didn't even take the time to read the description to determine whether I was fantasizing or attempting to be as realistic as possible. Every time I see you interacting on here, you are on some high horse all by yourself, spouting awful opinions as fact. Everything you say is always combative and/or negative and never even in a fun "just busting your balls" kind of way. Try having some fun and having positive interactions with people if you are going to be on here so much.

I could honestly care less whether you take my advice or not. I just see your awful nagging opinions so often that I though maybe you needed a reality check. The reality is, we are all dweebs sitting on computers pretending we are NHL GM's.

I read the description. I don’t see why you would think that I didn’t.

When did i belittle Pittsburgh fans? If you can’t see the difference between forming an opinion on a hockey team, and belittling a fanbase, you need help bud.

Why does it matter whether or not the poster is a Pittsburgh fan?

Regarding your, “advice,” no, I’m not taking it. Perception is reality, isn’t it? You taking the most simple comment about the Pittsburgh penguins as an attack on you, and an entire fanbase kind of shows where your head is at. Settle down dude. People are allowed opinions.
Dec. 1, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
I read the description. I don’t see why you would think that I didn’t.

When did i belittle Pittsburgh fans? If you can’t see the difference between forming an opinion on a hockey team, and belittling a fanbase, you need help bud.

Why does it matter whether or not the poster is a Pittsburgh fan?

Regarding your, “advice,” no, I’m not taking it. Perception is reality, isn’t it? You taking the most simple comment about the Pittsburgh penguins as an attack on you, and an entire fanbase kind of shows where your head is at. Settle down dude. People are allowed opinions.

tears of joy
ChiHawk liked this.
Dec. 1, 2022 at 12:13 p.m.
tears of joy

I don't think he had malice intent here, but this guy has gotten into with the same approach with a half dozen regulars here in the past week and all end up saying the same thing you do to him and sounds like you've seen it firsthand and thus your response.

For comedy, read this thread from a couple days ago if you haven't already laugh
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/655876?post_id=3702269

Everyone gets a reputation on a forum (like CF) and regardless of the intent on your next post, you carry the reputation from recent engagements onto the next one, but in a silo, I don't take his post as malicious here.
Nqutilus and Garak liked this.
Dec. 1, 2022 at 12:20 p.m.
tears of joy

No reasonable point to make - so emoji time! Predictable.
Dec. 1, 2022 at 12:58 p.m.
ARAB05
popcorn
Dec. 2, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
No reasonable point to make - so emoji time! Predictable.

I could waste my time trying to make reasonable points. But you've consistently shown that you are just going to deflect and make excuses every time for your snobby demeanor. So, I said what I wanted to say and you can take it or leave it.
ChiHawk liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 11:57 a.m.
I could waste my time trying to make reasonable points. But you've consistently shown that you are just going to deflect and make excuses every time for your snobby demeanor. So, I said what I wanted to say and you can take it or leave it.

You wasted your time getting super defensive and whining because someone had a different opinion.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 12:08 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
I don't think he had malice intent here, but this guy has gotten into with the same approach with a half dozen regulars here in the past week and all end up saying the same thing you do to him and sounds like you've seen it firsthand and thus your response.

For comedy, read this thread from a couple days ago if you haven't already laugh
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/655876?post_id=3702269

Everyone gets a reputation on a forum (like CF) and regardless of the intent on your next post, you carry the reputation from recent engagements onto the next one, but in a silo, I don't take his post as malicious here.

Whether they mean it or not, it was a backhanded comment toward PIT fans, lumping them all together as if they constantly propose dumb moves that "don't work". When PIT fans are probably some of the most reasonable fans on here comparatively. DefenseFirst constantly has this inherent high and mighty attitude. At first I thought it was just an intellectual more in depth analytical approach and healthy debate. But, after seeing some of their conversations on here over the last couple weeks, I think they are just annoying and snobby. So, idk, maybe I jumped the gun a bit. But I could tell what was coming if I had engaged that comment with any sort of validation.
ChiHawk liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 1:02 p.m.
You wasted your time getting super defensive and whining because someone had a different opinion.

I am not even mad that you have a differing opinion, that isn't the problem. People have differing opinions all the time on here and in life... It happens. The problem is your demeanor. Which would just be annoying but understandable if you actually knew what you were talking about. You come into posts constantly talking down to people and lumping people together, which apparently you don't even realize you are doing, even after you have shown time and again that your opinions are derived from cherry picked facts intended reinforce your baseless knee jerk conclusions. You also seem to have an inability to concede or come to a consensus and accept facts when they conflict with those pre-conceived "opinions" of yours. Sometimes, when things are wrong, they are just wrong, and not a "difference of opinion". Reminds me of a demographic of people that wear red hats in the US.

Now, I will admit, it is easy to misunderstand people on here and through text in general. And that maybe I misunderstood you and jumped to a conclusion. But I think I have seen enough of your interactions on here that I know where you are going and I don't want to be dragged down some spiral of repartee that goes nowhere. Which is what I am doing right now, and then you will use all of this to say that I am the unreasonable one. The truth is, you aren't cool or fun or smart, you are just awful and annoying. So, I thought you should know in the hope that maybe you would try to change a little and actually become a constructive part of discussions on this website, or, if not, that you might go away.
ChiHawk liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll