SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Massive Shakeup its a mess i know

Created by: BDW
Published: Dec. 8, 2022 at 10:43 a.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 126/185 (68%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the upper limit has been exceeded by one of the trade parties

Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes

Coincident TransactionInitial StatusNew StatusCap Hit ChangeRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hayton, BarrettNHLMinor-$766,216-1-----------
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Chychrun, JakobArizona CoyotesNHL-$3,132,973011---8347--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ceci, CodyEdmonton OilersNHL-$2,213,514011---27134--
Scandella, MarcoSt. Louis BluesLTIR-$2,230,541011---0000--
Barbashev, IvanSt. Louis BluesNHL-$1,532,432011---264812--
Bolduc, ZacharyWaivers ExemptSt. Louis BluesJunior-$0001---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---100------
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
2025 2nd round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---010------
2025 3rd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$17,552,33123447431513
Change-$2,077,298023130
Final$15,475,033 (↓)2346 (↑)77 (↑)4 (↑)18 (↑)13279

Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ceci, CodyEdmonton OilersNHL-$3,250,000011---27134--
Puljujärvi, JesseEdmonton OilersNHL-$3,000,000011---27156--
Yamamoto, KailerEdmonton OilersNHL-$3,100,000011---15055--
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
2025 3rd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
O'Reilly, RyanSt. Louis BluesNHL50%$3,750,000011---269413--
Parayko, ColtonSt. Louis BluesNHL-$6,500,000011---23167--
Tarasenko, VladimirSt. Louis BluesNHL50%$3,750,000011---2471219--
Initial$842,5002343543410
Change-$4,650,0000000-20
Final-$3,807,500 (↓)23435432 (↓)1015924

Logo of the St. Louis BluesSt. Louis Blues

O'Reilly, RyanSt. Louis BluesNHL50%$3,750,000011---269413--
Parayko, ColtonSt. Louis BluesNHL-$6,500,000011---23167--
Tarasenko, VladimirSt. Louis BluesNHL50%$3,750,000011---2471219--
Scandella, MarcoSt. Louis BluesLTIR-$3,275,000011---0000--
Barbashev, IvanSt. Louis BluesNHL-$2,250,000011---264812--
Bolduc, ZacharyWaivers ExemptSt. Louis BluesJunior-$0001---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---100------
2025 2nd round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---010------
Chychrun, JakobArizona CoyotesNHL-$4,600,000011---8347--
Puljujärvi, JesseEdmonton OilersNHL-$3,000,000011---27156--
Yamamoto, KailerEdmonton OilersNHL-$3,100,000011---15055--
Initial$1,095,0002348653512
Change$5,550,000-1-2-3-1-10
Final$6,645,000 (↑)22 (↓)46 (↓)62 (↓)2 (↓)4 (↓)12-17-16-33
Who would win this trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 8, 2022 at 10:48 a.m.
Only other caveat to this is finding out how to make the money work. Maybe someone to Arizona for salary retention.

It's an absolute mess. Just trying to think of a way to shakeup the Blues

Blues: sell off assets that most likely won't resign, get a young D-man and younger players to help build with Thomas and Kyrou
Yotes: get a lot of picks (can even add more potentially) and a top end prospect in Bolduc
Oilers: get a big D-man and two rentals to help this year with Kane out longer term (may need more trades down the road once he's off LTIR)
Dec. 8, 2022 at 11:07 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
The oilers are the only team that get anywhere near proper value for this trade. Arizona comes out well enough, but no way the Blues pass up the opportunities to get multiple firsts and prospects between ROR and Tarasenko for two middling-middle 6 wingers, and I don't see the appeal for the Blues to acquire Chyc if they're selling ROR and Tarasenko.
BDW and MoxNix liked this.
Dec. 8, 2022 at 11:23 a.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
The oilers are the only team that get anywhere near proper value for this trade. Arizona comes out well enough, but no way the Blues pass up the opportunities to get multiple firsts and prospects between ROR and Tarasenko for two middling-middle 6 wingers, and I don't see the appeal for the Blues to acquire Chyc if they're selling ROR and Tarasenko.

As a Blues fan, I don't see ROR or Tank resigning here after the year (ROR MAYBE if it's on the cheap). Getting a few younger players that have shown some upside is intriguing enough. Maybe (just maybe) if the Blues can get away with changing that first to a second and/or third or somehow getting another younger player in return from either the Oilers or Yotes (who, not entirely sure. won't be an A-level prospect). Just think the Blues need a quick little one year retool and this could be a solid start for the future at least
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Dec. 8, 2022 at 11:25 a.m.
Quoting: wozniwack
As a Blues fan, I don't see ROR or Tank resigning here after the year (ROR MAYBE if it's on the cheap). Getting a few younger players that have shown some upside is intriguing enough. Maybe (just maybe) if the Blues can get away with changing that first to a second and/or third or somehow getting another younger player in return from either the Oilers or Yotes (who, not entirely sure. won't be an A-level prospect). Just think the Blues need a quick little one year retool and this could be a solid start for the future at least

Could also maybe get a pick or two from EDM (or negate sending picks to ARZ). I just don't think Tank or ROR hold as much value as they did last year with pretty sluggish starts
Dec. 8, 2022 at 2:05 p.m.
mokumboi
This is an absolute horror show for the Blues. One of the worst things I've ever seen on this site, no lie. Are you sure you're not an Oilers fan?
Dec. 8, 2022 at 2:17 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
This is an absolute horror show for the Blues. One of the worst things I've ever seen on this site, no lie. Are you sure you're not an Oilers fan?

Definitely a Blues fan. Just don't think they will have much leverage right now in terms of trade partners for Vladi with his NTC and ROR will his poor play this year (been better as of late though).
Parayko has really just been a pylon all year and is scared to hit (lingering back issues) and Chychrun is a left side D-man that is young and can be part of the core for long term as well with Yama and Puljujärvi.
I think they should be able to get more out of the deal, but this is still just a base. Will probably include picks and/or prospects to find some more equality in value.

Don't think Vladi is resiging and ROR most likely won't be back unless he takes a nice discount. Barbi has been pretty bad so far this year with turnovers but would be okay with him staying if it's a cheap contract, but think giving Arizona a current NHL player that's young will help facilitate a Chychrun deal.

Not sure how this is "one of the worst things" you've seen. Must not have seen a lot or follow other teams much
Dec. 8, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
This is such a horrible deal for the blues. Tarasenko and ROR can get first at the deadline and the worsts a 2nd and a prospect. Pulijarvi sucks and Yamamoto sucks as well. They are probably worth each a 3rd round pick at max. Also if we are trading Parayko we have no need for Chychrun because our defense would still suck. This is such a garbage proposal. This trade makes our team worse in the present and even worse in the future because we traded our 1st, a 2nd and Bolduc. A defense of Krug, Faulk, Chychrun, and Leddy is no better than Parayko, Faulk, Leddy, Krug. They both still suck.
mokumboi and MoxNix liked this.
Dec. 8, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
mokumboi
Definitely a Blues fan. Just don't think they will have much leverage right now in terms of trade partners for Vladi with his NTC and ROR will his poor play this year (been better as of late though).
Parayko has really just been a pylon all year and is scared to hit (lingering back issues) and Chychrun is a left side D-man that is young and can be part of the core for long term as well with Yama and Puljujärvi.
I think they should be able to get more out of the deal, but this is still just a base. Will probably include picks and/or prospects to find some more equality in value.

Don't think Vladi is resiging and ROR most likely won't be back unless he takes a nice discount. Barbi has been pretty bad so far this year with turnovers but would be okay with him staying if it's a cheap contract, but think giving Arizona a current NHL player that's young will help facilitate a Chychrun deal.

Not sure how this is "one of the worst things" you've seen. Must not have seen a lot or follow other teams much

Well, to be fair, I find most of your "analysis" brutal. Kyrou is a cancer, Parayko does nothing, etc. Just brutal. So there's that. tears of joy
MoxNix liked this.
Dec. 8, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Well, to be fair, I find most of your "analysis" brutal. Kyrou is a cancer, Parayko does nothing, etc. Just brutal. So there's that. tears of joy

Well not even my analysis, JR said weeks ago that Kyrou was potentially a cancer in the room due to his play and lack of caring at the time. What good has Parayko done since signing that contract? Big guy doesn't hit. Decent d-man, but not worth his pay grade.

Just don't seem to get that this is a place to put mock trades, not sit here and bash people. So aight, good to hear you disagree. Don't care at all
Dec. 8, 2022 at 2:58 p.m.
Quoting: Tennisman142
This is such a horrible deal for the blues. Tarasenko and ROR can get first at the deadline and the worsts a 2nd and a prospect. Pulijarvi sucks and Yamamoto sucks as well. They are probably worth each a 3rd round pick at max. Also if we are trading Parayko we have no need for Chychrun because our defense would still suck. This is such a garbage proposal. This trade makes our team worse in the present and even worse in the future because we traded our 1st, a 2nd and Bolduc. A defense of Krug, Faulk, Chychrun, and Leddy is no better than Parayko, Faulk, Leddy, Krug. They both still suck.

Just kind of using proposals I've heard elsewhere and combined it all somehow to make the money work. Is it a perfect trade? Of course not. Just a basic concept. Obviously plenty to change. And Yama and Pujli are both 24, so can use them to build with Kyrou and Thomas. Parakyo hasn't lived up to his contract and I've seen nearly everyone (including those on the Athletic) talk about trading away Parayko. Plus Chychrun was in the Norris conversation a few years ago, still 24, and a few years of control at a good rate. Will cost quite a bit to acquire him. Sure things in this MOCK TRADE can be adjusted to make more sense. Just a start.
Dec. 8, 2022 at 3:04 p.m.
mokumboi
Well not even my analysis, JR said weeks ago that Kyrou was potentially a cancer in the room due to his play and lack of caring at the time.

What good has Parayko done since signing that contract? Big guy doesn't hit. Decent d-man, but not worth his pay grade.

Just don't seem to get that this is a place to put mock trades, not sit here and bash people. So aight, good to hear you disagree. Don't care at all

1 - Ehh yeah we already went over this. This is all you gleaning something that isn;t there. So yeah, this is all your analysis.

2 - Heh. Yeah, Blues fans want to trade everyone. They're routinely hysterical, reactionary grudge holders like that because they can't understand hockey. I've seen it for 50 years.

3 - I didn't bash you. I criticized the trade. Accurately.

"This is an absolute horror show for the Blues. One of the worst things I've ever seen on this site, no lie. Are you sure you're not an Oilers fan?"

Zero personal bashing. Apparently, judging things for what they are is a struggle somehow. Sorry you don;t like my opinion, but fair warning, I will not be the only one here who holds it. Because it is a horror show. By a mile.
MoxNix liked this.
Dec. 8, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
Just kind of using proposals I've heard elsewhere and combined it all somehow to make the money work. Is it a perfect trade? Of course not. Just a basic concept. Obviously plenty to change. And Yama and Pujli are both 24, so can use them to build with Kyrou and Thomas. Parakyo hasn't lived up to his contract and I've seen nearly everyone (including those on the Athletic) talk about trading away Parayko. Plus Chychrun was in the Norris conversation a few years ago, still 24, and a few years of control at a good rate. Will cost quite a bit to acquire him. Sure things in this MOCK TRADE can be adjusted to make more sense. Just a start.

Puli and Yamamoto are not worth much at all. Think of them as barbashev clones from the 2018/2019 season. In fact they are worth much less than ROR and Tarasenko. This trade does nothing for us. ROR/Barbashev/Tarasenko>>>> Puli and Yama. Chychrun for a 1st, 2nd and Bolduc is fair. Then your giving away Parayko for free. It doesn't matter if we get Chychrun we still suck and our defense is worse. We already have Leddy and Krug on the left side. Getting Chychrun means we will have 3 left side D and 1 right side D. It imbalances the pairs. The only way getting Chychrun makes sense is to pair him with Parayko. With your trade you've made the current team far worse and given away assets (1st, Bolduc, 2nd) we could have used in the future.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit