Forums/Armchair-GM

YoU nEed tO gIVe Us BaRZAl AnD pUlOCk

Created by: Hawkisles
Team: 2017-18 New York Islanders
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 2, 2017
Published: Jun. 2, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Nearly every time I see an Isles post, a fan of another team says the offer is garbage, and that we need to give up our two most valuable prospects (Barzal and Pulock) and often our first rounder for one roster player. In some cases, that one player is under contract for only another year or two, or isn't even under contract at all.

So here's a list of trades that would actually be acceptable for acquiring our best prospects and a 15th overall pick. If you don't like these trades, then that's probably why trades involving Barzal and Pulock won't happen without a massive, roster changing return.
Trades
NYI
    Gaudreau
    CGY
      Barzal
      Pulock
      1st Rounder
      NYI
        Nylander
        TOR
          Barzal
          Pulock
          1st Rounder
          NYI
            Duchene
            Landeskog
            COL
              Barzal
              Pulock
              1st Rounder
              Buyouts
              Buried
              DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              Logo of the NYI
              ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
              21$73,000,000$66,072,976$0$425,000$6,927,024
              Left WingCentreRight Wing
              $3,750,000$3,750,000
              LW
              UFA - 2
              $5,500,000$5,500,000
              C, LW
              M-NTC, NMC
              UFA - 1
              $3,300,000$3,300,000
              RW, LW, C
              UFA - 1
              $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
              RW, LW
              UFA - 2
              $2,500,000$2,500,000
              C, LW
              UFA - 1
              $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
              RW, C
              UFA - 2
              $5,500,000$5,500,000
              LW
              NMC
              UFA - 6
              $612,500$612,500
              C
              UFA - 1
              $2,500,000$2,500,000
              RW, C
              UFA - 1
              $1,125,000$1,125,000
              LW, RW
              UFA - 1
              $3,350,000$3,350,000
              C
              UFA - 4
              $3,500,000$3,500,000
              RW
              UFA - 5
              $4,187,500$4,187,500
              LW, RW
              UFA - 1
              Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
              $2,750,000$2,750,000
              LD
              UFA - 5
              $6,000,000$6,000,000
              RD
              NMC
              UFA - 5
              $4,500,000$4,500,000
              G
              UFA - 1
              $2,200,000$2,200,000
              LD
              UFA - 1
              $3,857,143$3,857,143
              RD
              UFA - 3
              $3,333,333$3,333,333
              G
              UFA - 3
              $1,250,000$1,250,000
              RD
              UFA - 1
              $625,000$625,000
              RD
              UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
              • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:27 p.m.
              I guess have fun with no winger for Tavares and then him leaving via UFA
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:31 p.m.
              Banned
              You honestly believe that Barzal+Pulock+NYI #15 pick gets you both Duchene and Landeskog. Get real here dude. That probably gets you Duchene bot not both Duchene and Landy.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:36 p.m.
              #LeafsFever
              I don't think the value is there for any of the stars you've mentioned in the deals. However, as far as Toronto goes, Nylander would cost the Islanders at least Barzal, Dal Colle, Pulock, de Haan (rights to), and your first round pick in 2017. That may not be or seem like fair value, but that's what it is going to cost the Islanders, at least.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:43 p.m.
              Quoting: MG1986
              I don't think the value is there for any of the stars you've mentioned in the deals. However, as far as Toronto goes, Nylander would cost the Islanders at least Barzal, Dal Colle, Pulock, de Haan (rights to), and your first round pick in 2017. That may not be or seem like fair value, but that's what it is going to cost the Islanders, at least.

Nylander is no Matthews. I think Barzal has terrific upside, maybe equal to Nylander and Pulock will be a consistent top 4 D in the league. I think you can ask for the kitchen sink for Matthews and Reilly. Other than that, Marner and Nylander aren't on the same plane as those two.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:48 p.m.
              #LeafsFever
              Quoting: ISeeDeadPeople

Nylander is no Matthews. I think Barzal has terrific upside, maybe equal to Nylander and Pulock will be a consistent top 4 D in the league. I think you can ask for the kitchen sink for Matthews and Reilly. Other than that, Marner and Nylander aren't on the same plane as those two.

The problem with Nylander is determining his value. He is coming off a rookie year that saw him have a dynamic second-half. Then, Nylander has a fantastic playoffs and an even better World Championship winning Gold with Sweden and being named tournament MVP. Barzal will be good one day, I am sure of it, but if you are asking opinions about "fair" value, which in itself is pretty well impossible, then I would argue Nylander's value is extremely high and still with upside to come. Pulock and Barzal, and even Dal Colle, for as good a year as they've had in the OHL and AHL, respectively, come no where close to what the Islanders would be currently receiving in Nylander.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:54 p.m.
              GM - Canucks
              Toronto responds with an astonishing "no" then procedes to hang the phone up. Barzal + Puloch arent that good, weak 15th overall draft year/
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
              Islanders Fan
              Thank you
              Hawkisles liked this.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 2:10 p.m.
              ... Well you've all proven my point. Everyone constantly says "the starting point for any negotiation is Barzal, Pulock and the 1st rounder", three pieces that unto themselves constitute over half a rebuild. But when people have to give up something good for what they asked for, they back pedal: "Barzal and Pulock aren't THAT good... But I still demand them in any trade."

For those who didn't read the description, the point of this post was to show what kind of returns you need to give if you want to gut half of someone's prospect system. It ain't cheap.
              NateElder12 liked this.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 2:16 p.m.
              Thank you some ppl are ridiculous and can't understand that the islanders are not trading their two stud prospects for anything but an overpayment on the other end just like these teams with these stud players arent trading them for anything less than an overpayment and thats why these players won't be dealt
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 2:19 p.m.
              And anyone saying barzal and pulock aren't that good either have no clue who they are or are just trying to talk them down thinking thats going to somehow influence garth snows thoughts on the two
              Hawkisles and NateElder12 liked this.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 2:29 p.m.
              Quoting: Campbell
              I guess have fun with no winger for Tavares and then him leaving via UFA

Yes, if only we had a 34 goal scorer to play on his left wing.
              frankiebool liked this.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 3:16 p.m.
              NateElder12
              love how everyone thinks the trade is trash. If i'm COL i'd take Barzal and Poulock straight up for either Landy or Duchene and cut my losses. You add a 1st rounder and it should get you at least a 3rd back IMO.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 3:17 p.m.
              NateElder12

haha that has to be the most ridiculous offer ever posted on this site. Nylander is not even close to worth 4 players and a top-15 pick...
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.
              Quoting: NateElder12

haha that has to be the most ridiculous offer ever posted on this site. Nylander is not even close to worth 4 players and a top-15 pick...

Typical "My one skater is worth half your roster" argument. I can't think of a nicer way to say this, but there's no way anyone outside the TML fanbase would see your "4 roster skaters and a 1st rounder isn't enough for Nylander" opinion as unbiased. Nylander's a good player, don't get me wrong, but he's not worth half a prospect system. Few players are ever worth that much.

Even then, the point of this post was to show why Barzal and Pulock are collectively more valuable than most offers this site show, not to make a move for Landy, Duchene, Nylander or Gaudreau.
              Jun. 2, 2017 at 7:56 p.m.
              Quoting: frankiebool
              And anyone saying barzal and pulock aren't that good either have no clue who they are or are just trying to talk them down thinking thats going to somehow influence garth snows thoughts on the two

And if they have no clue who they are, then why are they on this feed? I wish I could 5 star your comment.
              Jun. 3, 2017 at 12:18 a.m.
              Quoting: TMLSage
              Toronto responds with an astonishing "no" then procedes to hang the phone up. Barzal + Puloch arent that good, weak 15th overall draft year/

Local writer is astonished by his own plot twist. Sources say he is the only one to be astonished or consider it a "plot twist".

To create a post please Login or Register
              Question:
              Options:
              Add Option
              Submit Poll