Forums/Armchair-GM

upgrade that Defence

Created by: silentfox1
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 13, 2022
Published: Dec. 13, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Interesting to see what the potential of this team is if we trade willy for a legit top 4 dman. Idt dubas would ever trade willy.
Trades
STL
  1. Nylander, William
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (TOR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$74,858,047$212,500$0$7,641,953
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$840,630$840,630
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$827,500$827,500
C, LW
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 13, 2022 at 11:26 a.m.
So remind me why the leafs, who are great defensivly and their biggest weakness is depth scoring are not only trading their best value scorer for an over priced, not very good any more defender on a contract that will only get worse and then adding a pick?
There is so little logic to this trade you might as well throw in the deed to the cn tower
leafs101 and RipNasty liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 11:54 a.m.
once again, I'll answer you the same as I did yesterday - because he's a Leaf.

If Liljegren was on any other team he'd be revered as a top pair shutdown D that would take an 80 point player to trade for. Which honestly he is pretty close to that level, will probably get there soon if not already. Which means we don't need RHD help. Simple.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 11:58 a.m.
Rip
St Louis fans turning on Parayko and then still hoping he gets Nylander plus is priceless. Send Parayko and a 1st and you don't get Nylander.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 12:08 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: RipNasty
St Louis fans turning on Parayko and then still hoping he gets Nylander plus is priceless. Send Parayko and a 1st and you don't get Nylander.

Umm this is a Toronto fan's AGM.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 12:10 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
So remind me why the leafs, who are great defensivly and their biggest weakness is depth scoring are not only trading their best value scorer for an over priced, not very good any more defender on a contract that will only get worse and then adding a pick?
There is so little logic to this trade you might as well throw in the deed to the cn tower

Maaaan, so close. I was all ready to give this an enthusiastic like until... you guys need to realize that something does not become a fact just because you repeat it over and over again. Parayko is not overpriced, and saying he's not any good is just an admission you don't watch him play. Just wildly exaggerated if not downright false on both counts.
silentfox1 liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 12:23 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: mokumboi
Umm this is a Toronto fan's AGM.

Doubtful. Listing TO as your favorite team on here to **** post the Leafs is a very common past time for people on here.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 12:33 p.m.
Maaaan, so close. I was all ready to give this an enthusiastic like until... you guys need to realize that something does not become a fact just because you repeat it over and over again. Parayko is not overpriced, and saying he's not any good is just an admission you don't watch him play. Just wildly exaggerated if not downright false on both counts.

Hes good, he's just not VERY good. Never said he wasnt any good He's over priced in this trade by a significant margine too.
So as i said, he is worth the price of admission
Dec. 13, 2022 at 12:33 p.m.
mokumboi
Doubtful. Listing TO as your favorite team on here to **** post the Leafs is a very common past time for people on here.

Dude. The guy's been here four years, has done plenty of Leafs AGMs. If you hear hooves, chances are it's a horse, not a zebra.
dannibalcorpse liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 12:46 p.m.
Rip
Dude. The guy's been here four years, has done plenty of Leafs AGMs. If you hear hooves, chances are it's a horse, not a zebra.

Anyone thinking Parayko is worth Nylander plus is either a Homer st Louis fan or a troll. There is no other reasonable conclusion one can draw. Parayko was great when Pietrangelo got all the hard assignments and since he left, Parayko just can't carry that load.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 1:21 p.m.
mokumboi
Anyone thinking Parayko is worth Nylander plus is either a Homer st Louis fan or a troll. There is no other reasonable conclusion one can draw. Parayko was great when Pietrangelo got all the hard assignments and since he left, Parayko just can't carry that load.

Oh are we pretending Leafs AGM trades aren't often wacky one way or the other? That's a no true Scotsman in a glass houses, bud.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 2:06 p.m.
Rip
Oh are we pretending Leafs AGM trades aren't often wacky one way or the other? That's a no true Scotsman in a glass houses, bud.

I don't believe for a second a rational person would post this. It's so obviously a landslide loss for TO, I doubt even you would deny that. Even if you think Parayko is still above average, he's not worth anything close to a guy who's on pace for almost 50 goals and 90+ points. It's just ridiculous, but who gets a kick out of posting terrible leaf trades so they can troll leaf fans? Trolls. It's so common on here but the leaf haters love them and there are more leaf haters than fans of any other fan base.

It's just a sad sport for a pile of sad individuals.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
mokumboi
I don't believe for a second a rational person would post this. It's so obviously a landslide loss for TO, I doubt even you would deny that. Even if you think Parayko is still above average, he's not worth anything close to a guy who's on pace for almost 50 goals and 90+ points. It's just ridiculous, but who gets a kick out of posting terrible leaf trades so they can troll leaf fans? Trolls. It's so common on here but the leaf haters love them and there are more leaf haters than fans of any other fan base.

Bruh. It's a Leafs fan.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
Rip
Bruh. It's a Leafs fan.

I get it, if you rationalize this as a possibility you can maintain your belief that leaf fans will accept your bias and those who disagree with how you see the team are idiots.

Unfortunately it makes any discussion with you ridiculous. This is all hypothetical, so imagine you keep losing and by the deadline you are definitely not going to make the playoffs. If ROR is then made available, what would that look like. Now going off and saying you want to see the legendary hauls of old is just ridiculous. You have to look at the market, how many buyers and who would need a centre as their target, probably quite a few but how many will be in a position to sacrifice enough futures to make it happen? Those that will I think would see it as a rental. I don't see any contenders being able to resign him unless he took a major discount and that wouldn't happen till the offseason.

So what's he worth as a rental. If you can't add anything to a discussion beyond bellowing about how ****ty the Leafs system is, you are just hear to fight.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
we miss leo k

Spend enough time on these boards and you are going to come across plenty of Leafs fans (and, to be fair, fans of other teams) that are classic Grass is Greener type fans: the guys on their favorite teams are BUMS, and wow - if only they could get that one guy that the poster thinks is the missing link. That leads to ACGMs like this.

Nylander is a particular case for a subset of Leafs fans who hate the fact that one time he didn't go hard into the corner on a play they thought could've been the catalyst to them getting past the first round (even though the play they're talking about actually happened in a game in the middle of January.)
mokumboi liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 2:36 p.m.
mokumboi
Edited Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.
I get it, if you rationalize this as a possibility you can maintain your belief that leaf fans will accept your bias and those who disagree with how you see the team are idiots.

Unfortunately it makes any discussion with you ridiculous. This is all hypothetical, so imagine you keep losing and by the deadline you are definitely not going to make the playoffs. If ROR is then made available, what would that look like. Now going off and saying you want to see the legendary hauls of old is just ridiculous. You have to look at the market, how many buyers and who would need a centre as their target, probably quite a few but how many will be in a position to sacrifice enough futures to make it happen? Those that will I think would see it as a rental. I don't see any contenders being able to resign him unless he took a major discount and that wouldn't happen till the offseason.

So what's he worth as a rental. If you can't add anything to a discussion beyond bellowing about how ****ty the Leafs system is, you are just hear to fight.

I'm sorry... are you actually trying to say that I'm the one rationalizing about this Leafs fan? And that I'm here to pick fights? Dude, get serious. The guy has been here for years talking about the Leafs as "we" - but somehow you're convinced so much that it's actually "a Leafs hater" who has pretended to be a Leafs fan for years just so he can occasionally put up an AGM to trigger Leafs fans that you state it as fact and act out at anyone that doesn't twist themselves into this obvious pretzel. And your reasoning being that it's totally not believable for a Leafs fan to put up a silly trade in an AGM?

tears of joy

And where do you imagine I called for a legendary haul? You're just imagining things left and right here, man. Same with the assessment of the Leafs prospect pool, which is only pretty much the same exact assessment everyone has of their prospect pool - magically you decide it's just bashing the Leafs with hatred blah blah blah. Uhh no. It's actually a relevant note for why it's hard to see Toronto coming away with the Blues captain. It's reality. Maybe give it a whirl some time instead of imagining vast networks of haters who do long cons for no benefit at all. As for me, I don't spend any notable amount of time thinking about the Leafs one way or the other. I'd be more likely to think about how irrational their fans can get...
Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:01 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
Spend enough time on these boards and you are going to come across plenty of Leafs fans (and, to be fair, fans of other teams) that are classic Grass is Greener type fans: the guys on their favorite teams are BUMS, and wow - if only they could get that one guy that the poster thinks is the missing link. That leads to ACGMs like this.

Nylander is a particular case for a subset of Leafs fans who hate the fact that one time he didn't go hard into the corner on a play they thought could've been the catalyst to them getting past the first round (even though the play they're talking about actually happened in a game in the middle of January.)

Not this season, he's silenced them all
Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:02 p.m.
Rip
I'm sorry... are you actually trying to say that I'm rationalizing about this Leafs fan? And that I'm here to pick fights? Dude, get serious. The guy has been here for years talking about the Leafs as "we" - but somehow you're convinced so much that it's actually "a Leafs hater" who has pretended to be a Leafs fan for years just so he can occasionally put up an AGM to trigger Leafs fans that you state is as fact and act out at anyone that doesn't twist themselves into this obvious pretzel. And your reasoning being that it's totally not believable for a Leafs fan to put up a silly trade in an AGM?

tears of joy

And where do you imagine I called for a legendary haul? You're just imagining things left and right here, man. Same with the assessment of the Leafs prospect pool, which is only pretty much the same exact assessment everyone has of their prospect pool - magically you decide it's just bashing the Leafs with hatred blah blah blah. Uhh no. It's actually a relevant note for why it's hard to see Toronto coming away with the Blues captain. It's reality. Maybe give it a whirl some time instead of imagining vast networks of haters who do long cons for no benefit at all. As for me, I don't spend any notable amount of time thinking about the Leafs one way or the other. I'd be more likely to think about how irrational their fans can get...

I will no longer indulge you sir
Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:05 p.m.
we miss leo k
Not this season, he's silenced them all

The interesting things about opinions is that they're subjective, and a good chunk of your fellow Leafs fans don't necessarily see things the same way.
mokumboi and silentfox1 liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:20 p.m.
mokumboi
I will no longer indulge you sir

Because you have no valid arguments. So fine, I humbly accept your unconditional surrender.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
The interesting things about opinions is that they're subjective, and a good chunk of your fellow Leafs fans don't necessarily see things the same way.

They are truly lost

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll