Forums/Armchair-GM

Crouse

Created by: JMEW
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 17, 2022
Published: Dec. 17, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know Arizona just signed him to a 5-year deal (through Arbitration), so I doubt they trade him. But he's a big LW who hits and is from Ontario...

Also, Arizona doesn't want to actually pay money, so maybe they agree to this?
Trades
TOR
  1. Crouse, Lawson
  2. Imama, Bokondji
Additional Details:
I want Boko on the Marlies...
ARI
  1. Hollowell, Mac
  2. Källgren, Erik
  3. Malgin, Denis
  4. Robertson, Nicholas
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Robertson could turn into a fun LW for them. He fits in with their college crowd.

Malgin is a fun-to-watch speedy winger for them.

Hollowell becomes a good RD option for them.

They are always up to take a goalie from Toronto.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$82,500,000$78,073,746$212,500$0$4,426,254

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,300,000$4,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$827,500$827,500
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$840,630$840,630
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
This is a...
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 17, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
BORDEGOD
The fact that TO fans want to give up Robertson so bad that he is traded in almost every ACGM is pretty telling of Robertsons lack of quality. He is not good enough to be the centerpiece of any deal acquiring a valuable asset s he himself lacks any concrete value.

Malgin, Hollowell and Kallgren are throw-ins that also lack substantial value. This is a classic quantity for quality trade.
BruinsWoahWoah liked this.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:10 p.m.
Quoting: Kjell_Forsman
The fact that TO fans want to give up Robertson so bad that he is traded in almost every ACGM is pretty telling of Robertsons lack of quality. He is not good enough to be the centerpiece of any deal acquiring a valuable asset s he himself lacks any concrete value.

Malgin, Hollowell and Kallgren are throw-ins that also lack substantial value. This is a classic quantity for quality trade.

Yeah Robertson's trade value has tanked pretty significantly
Kjell_Forsman liked this.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:11 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Nothing really in for Arizona. But the Leafs shouldn't be adding an expensive winger. Where's the cap next year?
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:12 p.m.
Lenny7

Absolutely not defending the trade...what I will say though, is that in fairness, there used to be a ton of Willy Nylander trades on here, simply because of the weirdly large group of Leafs fans that have an irrational dislike of him. Fortunately, that settled down.

With regards to Robertson being the "big piece" in a lot of these deals though, I'd assume it's simply a case of Leafs fans not wanting to move their top prospect (Knies), and the fact that they continue to be enamored by Niemela's D+1 stats in Liiga last year which, oddly enough, he hasn't come anywhere near replicating.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:15 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: BruinsWoahWoah
Yeah Robertson's trade value has tanked pretty significantly

I don't think that's necessarily true. It's probably right where it was 6 months ago, which is less than a lot of Leafs fans think, and more than a lot of non-Leafs fans think.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:42 p.m.
BORDEGOD
Quoting: Lenny7
I don't think that's necessarily true. It's probably right where it was 6 months ago, which is less than a lot of Leafs fans think, and more than a lot of non-Leafs fans think.

He's had a lot of injuries which is discomforting. No doubting his ability and skill. His AHL production is not that of a top prosoect. He is still a *good* prospect but he is not fetching a high value asset any time soon.
BruinsWoahWoah liked this.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
Patrickkanefanatic
He's had a lot of injuries which is discomforting. No doubting his ability and skill. His AHL production is not that of a top prosoect. He is still a *good* prospect but he is not fetching a high value asset any time soon.

I think its just the fact that this team is proven to be good without him and we have Knies and other prospects coming up. I have no problem keeping Robertson, I think he could be a good middle 6 player, its just we wanna have playoff runs now.
Lenny7 liked this.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:49 p.m.
Patrickkanefanatic

I mean, Leafs fans have thrown in Nylander and Marner in trade proposals for years. That doesn't mean the player lacks value, Leafs fans just have no patience.
Lenny7 liked this.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:51 p.m.
BORDEGOD
Quoting: Patrickkane
I mean, Leafs fans have thrown in Nylander and Marner in trade proposals for years. That doesn't mean the player lacks value, Leafs fans just have no patience.

Lol @ putting Robertson in the same conversation as Marner and Nylander.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:56 p.m.
Patrickkanefanatic
Lol putting Robertson in the same conversation as Marner and Nylander.

Youre whole logic is that a guy has no value cause fans want to dump him lol. I just disproved that so now you wanna rude.
Lenny7 liked this.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 3:59 p.m.
Lenny7

Yeah, I mean, I don't think he was ever fetching high value, but he's a fine piece in a trade (IMO). And, in fairness, his AHL production was just under a point per game between as an 18-20 year old. That being said, he's an undersized player who hasn't managed to stay healthy while playing against pros, and AHL stats mean very little (But you did mention production so I felt like I should point it out).

1st+Robertson brings back a solid player (IMO).
Dec. 17, 2022 at 4:20 p.m.
BORDEGOD
Yeah, I mean, I don't think he was ever fetching high value, but he's a fine piece in a trade (IMO). And, in fairness, his AHL production was just under a point per game between as an 18-20 year old. That being said, he's an undersized player who hasn't managed to stay healthy while playing against pros, and AHL stats mean very little (But you did mention production so I felt like I should point it out).

1st+Robertson brings back a solid player (IMO).

I devalued him mainly due to consistency and injuries. Small guy, can't stay healthy that's a major concern for a lot of GMs. Like I said the talent and ability is there. If he proves he can play a stretch of games in the nhl while staying healthy and being productive he becomes a real trade asset. Until then he doesn't return much and Leafs would be wise to keep him.
GMBL and BruinsWoahWoah liked this.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 4:21 p.m.
With regards to Robertson being the "big piece" in a lot of these deals though, I'd assume it's simply a case of Leafs fans not wanting to move their top prospect (Knies), and the fact that they continue to be enamored by Niemela's D+1 stats in Liiga last year which, oddly enough, he hasn't come anywhere near replicating.

That was basically my reasoning. I have nothing against Robertson. I just feel like Crowse would give more of what Toronto needs right now and to get someone like him you have to give up something else good, so instead of Niemela or Knies, I put in Robertson.

Also after having so much pressure to live up to for Robertson (which was all overblown by how young he still is and that he was a 2nd round pick not 1st but now people are comparing him against his brother also which isn't fair either), I feel like him getting a year or two in a market like Arizona where he would be in the full-time lineup and have a lot less eyes on him and less pressure, he could grow a lot more then in Toronto.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 4:25 p.m.

I do think he would lose some value now due to having another significant injury. He would likely have to start to prove himself on the NHL level to get his value back/increase it past what it was 6 months ago.

Lawson Crouse isn't anything special though so not sure what the issue here is. He's just a younger Nick Ritchie making x2. I don't think Arizona does this trade since they will want to hold him until his contract seems to be a steal, so they can try getting a boatload for him.
Lenny7 liked this.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 4:28 p.m.

Malgin I'll admit is a throw-in. But I feel like Hollowell could very well be a bottom-paring RD for Arizona or at least their 7th option with injuries. Kallgren is also a serviceable backup to Veji and I feel like would do better than Ingram. If not, all of the Roadrunners goalies are under a 900, he could likely help them there.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 4:56 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: GMBL
I do think he would lose some value now due to having another significant injury. He would likely have to start to prove himself on the NHL level to get his value back/increase it past what it was 6 months ago.

Lawson Crouse isn't anything special though so not sure what the issue here is. He's just a younger Nick Ritchie making x2. I don't think Arizona does this trade since they will want to hold him until his contract seems to be a steal, so they can try getting a boatload for him.

I don't disagree on Crouse at all. No reason for Arizona to move him.
GMBL liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit