SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Gavrikov to CGY

Created by: rvetter241908
Published: Jan. 27, 2023 at 12:05 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 76/185 (41%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Mackey, ConnorCalgary FlamesNHL-$374,865011---10213--
2023 2nd round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---010------
2024 4th round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Gavrikov, VladislavColumbus Blue JacketsNHL20%$920,216011---473710--
2024 5th round pick (Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsCBJ)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$592,712234569358
Change-$545,3510000-10
Final$47,361 (↓)23456934 (↓)8167

Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Gavrikov, VladislavColumbus Blue JacketsNHL20%$2,240,000011---473710--
2024 5th round pick (Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsCBJ)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Mackey, ConnorCalgary FlamesNHL-$912,500011---10213--
2023 2nd round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---010------
2024 4th round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$8,519,9582244593712
Change$1,327,500000010
Final$9,847,458 (↑)22445938 (↑)12-1-6-7
Jan. 27, 2023 at 12:30 p.m.
mokumboi
Not only is this offer not competitive, but does Calgary even need a Dman?
penguinswin liked this.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 12:51 p.m.
Extremely underwhelming offer.
Augustus and penguinswin liked this.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
Edited Jan. 27, 2023 at 1:06 p.m.
Calgary accepts that one but trading Kylington for Gavrikov would be better for both teams. Columbus being a non playoff team can afford to wait for Kylington to finish dealing with whatever's going on with him but Calgary can't wait much longer.

Of course Columbus would want conditions based on Kylington's return.
Augustus and penguinswin liked this.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 5:34 p.m.
Right now, Calgary could certainly use Gavrikov.. Michael Stone has been a warrior and accepted his fate with try-outs etc, despite maybe deserving a contract out-right, but even with a healthy Tanev, it would look a lot better with:

Hanifin - Andersson
Gavrikov - Weegar
Zadorov - Tanev

Or switch Weegar and Tanev if you wish to .. and of course, it would help if the Flames could re-sign Gavrikov.
MoxNix and penguinswin liked this.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 5:53 p.m.
Quoting: Augustus
Right now, Calgary could certainly use Gavrikov.. Michael Stone has been a warrior and accepted his fate with try-outs etc, despite maybe deserving a contract out-right, but even with a healthy Tanev, it would look a lot better with:

Hanifin - Andersson
Gavrikov - Weegar
Zadorov - Tanev

Or switch Weegar and Tanev if you wish to .. and of course, it would help if the Flames could re-sign Gavrikov.

Of course, I acknowledge the Flames could use a top six winger more, but if they could somehow do both, I love Gavrikov on Calgary.
MoxNix and penguinswin liked this.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 12:44 p.m.
Quoting: Augustus
Of course, I acknowledge the Flames could use a top six winger more, but if they could somehow do both, I love Gavrikov on Calgary.

Agreed though I'd pair him with Tanev because Zadorov and Weegar have been so good together this year. The Flames haven't lost very many games this year when those two are together and Vladar is in net.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 12:47 p.m.
the oil will pay way more for gavrikov.the flamers dont need him.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 12:50 p.m.
Quoting: delete
the oil will pay way more for gavrikov.the flamers dont need him.

The Flames do need him if Kylington doesn't come back soon. As I mentioned earlier I think the Flames would pay more for Gavrikov too, I believe they'd trade Kylington for him and Columbus could use a more offensive defenseman like Kylington.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 1:05 p.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
The Flames do need him if Kylington doesn't come back soon. As I mentioned earlier I think the Flames would pay more for Gavrikov too, I believe they'd trade Kylington for him and Columbus could use a more offensive defenseman like Kylington.

gavrikov is a top 4 dman.the flamers have hanifin,andersson,weegar,tanev and zadorov,thats 5 top 4 dman,makes no sense for the flamers to give up what gavrikov will bring, which starts with a 1st.the flamers might not even make the playoffs,let alone have any chance at a cup,to warrant a 1st pick,and thats were it starts for gavrikov.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 1:14 p.m.
gavrikov is a top 4 dman.the flamers have hanifin,andersson,weegar,tanev and zadorov,thats 5 top 4 dman,makes no sense for the flamers to give up what gavrikov will bring, which starts with a 1st.the flamers might not even make the playoffs,let alone have any chance at a cup,to warrant a 1st pick,and thats were it starts for gavrikov.

Kylington is a top 4 and worth a 1st too. He's also signed through next year and still under team control as an RFA then. Gavrikov is a rental though the idea would be to resign him and trade Hanifin or Tanev later. I'd trade Hanifin for a good top 6 RW now if I knew I had Gavrikov coming in too.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 1:21 p.m.
Kylington is a top 4 and worth a 1st too. He's also signed through next year and still under team control as an RFA then. Gavrikov is a rental though the idea would be to resign him and trade Hanifin or Tanev later.

there not doing it for kylington,when the oil is offering a 1st,niemelainen and puljujarvi.the flamers are going nowhere,they dont have elite top end skill.huberdeau is going to get tree fired,almost a decade at 10.5 mil.the flamers are hopeless.and hanifin and tanev arent going anywhere,gavrikov is not happening.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 2:47 p.m.
there not doing it for kylington,when the oil is offering a 1st,niemelainen and puljujarvi.the flamers are going nowhere,they dont have elite top end skill.huberdeau is going to get tree fired,almost a decade at 10.5 mil.the flamers are hopeless.and hanifin and tanev arent going anywhere,gavrikov is not happening.

oiler troll detected.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 4:11 p.m.
oiler troll detected.

nope,but if u think kylington,skating over in sweden by himself is worth the 1st, it will start with, to get gavrikov, your a flamers homer.but i would be negative also, if i was a flamers fan,were theres truly no hope.a middling team with no upside, and a dinosaur for a coach.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 9:05 p.m.
nope,but if u think kylington,skating over in sweden by himself is worth the 1st, it will start with, to get gavrikov, your a flamers homer.but i would be negative also, if i was a flamers fan,were theres truly no hope.a middling team with no upside, and a dinosaur for a coach.

Reading comprehension FTW. I said Columbus would want conditions based on Kylington's return. If you think a top 4 defenseman with another year left on his contract isn't worth a 1st then you certainly don't understand player values.

And yes you are an olier troll. All that crap you spout when trashing the Flames is the exact same garbage jealous oiler trolls spout everywhere.
Jan. 29, 2023 at 12:47 a.m.
Reading comprehension FTW. I said Columbus would want conditions based on Kylington's return. If you think a top 4 defenseman with another year left on his contract isn't worth a 1st then you certainly don't understand player values.

And yes you are an olier troll. All that crap you spout when trashing the Flames is the exact same garbage jealous oiler trolls spout everywhere.

i live in ab and absolutely hate the city of memories,so u couldnt be more wrong.but u know what really p s me off,is watching the flamers since 1980 and watching them for 30 yrs the gilmour trade in 92.continually screw things up and take the easy way out,there strategy for 30 yrs has been lets get in the playoffs and never build it right.tree has rushed the process trading away 1st picks to keep his team in the playoffs,with no real chance to win a cup.they should have rebuilt instead of bringing in sutter,when they missed the playoffs.and last summer when johnny and tkachuck left they should have rebuilt.but instead they trade for more older players huberdeau and give him 10.5 m to play till hes 39 yrs old.its a hopeless orginization.but u know whats really going to be bad is watching the oil hoist the cup again this yr,while the flamers miss the playoffs or go out in the first round,but they will deserve it.and sorry buddy kylington skating by himself in sweden will never bring a first pick.
Jan. 29, 2023 at 10:44 a.m.
Edited Jan. 29, 2023 at 10:49 a.m.
i live in ab and absolutely hate the city of memories,so u couldnt be more wrong.but u know what really p s me off,is watching the flamers since 1980 and watching them for 30 yrs the gilmour trade in 92.continually screw things up and take the easy way out,there strategy for 30 yrs has been lets get in the playoffs and never build it right.tree has rushed the process trading away 1st picks to keep his team in the playoffs,with no real chance to win a cup.they should have rebuilt instead of bringing in sutter,when they missed the playoffs.and last summer when johnny and tkachuck left they should have rebuilt.but instead they trade for more older players huberdeau and give him 10.5 m to play till hes 39 yrs old.its a hopeless orginization.but u know whats really going to be bad is watching the oil hoist the cup again this yr,while the flamers miss the playoffs or go out in the first round,but they will deserve it.and sorry buddy kylington skating by himself in sweden will never bring a first pick.

The Flames screwed up the Gilmour trade only because they should have benched him until he stopped dogging it instead of giving in to his demands and shipping him out of town ASAP for a pathetic return. If that meant he stayed benched for the whole year then fine but they never should have put up with that bull****.

Treliving screws up all the time. In particular he grinds his own best free agents too hard. He signs his own RFAs to short term lowball bridge contracts then loses them a few years later and overpays older declining UFAs from other teams to replace them. Tkachuk being the perfect example, Matthew wanted to sign long term with Calgary on his last contract but Bonehead Brad played hardball wound up signing him to a lowball 3 year bridge contract and lost him 2 years later. He did get a good return (pure luck) for Tkachuk but he messed that up too by significantly overpaying Huberdeau. Of course he put himself in that spot by offering to overpay little johnny softy (who should have been traded years ago!) with the exact same term and AVV.

Treliving repeatedly hangs onto some players way too long losing them for nothing in the end yet gives up way too soon on others he should have kept and practically gives away.
Jan. 29, 2023 at 11:38 a.m.
The Flames screwed up the Gilmour trade only because they should have benched him until he stopped dogging it instead of giving in to his demands and shipping him out of town ASAP for a pathetic return. If that meant he stayed benched for the whole year then fine but they never should have put up with that bull****.

Treliving screws up all the time. In particular he grinds his own best free agents too hard. He signs his own RFAs to short term lowball bridge contracts then loses them a few years later and overpays older declining UFAs from other teams to replace them. Tkachuk being the perfect example, Matthew wanted to sign long term with Calgary on his last contract but Bonehead Brad played hardball wound up signing him to a lowball 3 year bridge contract and lost him 2 years later. He did get a good return (pure luck) for Tkachuk but he messed that up too by significantly overpaying Huberdeau. Of course he put himself in that spot by offering to overpay little johnny softy (who should have been traded years ago!) with the exact same term and AVV.

Treliving repeatedly hangs onto some players way too long losing them for nothing in the end yet gives up way too soon on others he should have kept and practically gives away.

i have loved the flames from the start,but after 30 yrs of stupidity,i hate them.they always take the easy way and try to patch things to stay competitive.HUBERDEAU and WEEGAR are the latest.until ownership decides to tell there gm to win a cup and build it right through the draft,and quit settling for one yr in the playoffs and one yr out,and almost always loosing in the first rd,they wont get my $.tkachuk for reinhart and lundell would of made sene,but nope just like always it was the short term approach.so a 1st plus more, for gavrikov makes no sense,and yes thats what hes bringing.it makes sense for the oil though,because gavrikov or edmundson is all the oil need to hoist the cup.sorry but u have to be realistic the flamers have no chance,they simply do not have the top end skill to win.but i wish they did.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll