2. Dach, Kirby
  3. 2023 1st round pick (FLA)
  4. 2024 2nd round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
2023 draft
MTL
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc
Additional Details:
Based on what horvat got this deadline the price for Dubois has gone up due to the fact he's younger cheaper contract as a rental (around 3m) and provides a power forward style. If he's willing to go to multiple teams his value is quite a bit higher than before
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the COL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$82,500,000$78,270,358$0$2,262,500$4,229,642
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 4
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 6, 2023 at 12:59 p.m.
Quoting: LIRIK
Oh i'm all about MTL trading for Dubois, but it wouldn't make sense for them to give more than rental price when Dubois made it as clear as possible he won't extend anywhere but MTL.

Last year, Giroux was as good a rental as you could get, and he got traded for a 1st, a 3rd and a decent prospect. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. Calling me wrong or smiley emojis won't change anything.

Like i said, i hope MTL trade for Dubois, but if MTL knows he's 100% coming in 2024, let's wait and see how WPG deals with that situation. I hope they do better than they did with Trouba, but i doubt it. It's basically the same situation.

It's not lol Dubois is worth more as a rental than Giroux
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
Quoting: Howie
It's not lol Dubois is worth more as a rental than Giroux

How is Dubois situation different than Trouba? Both elite RFA asking for a trade with only one team they would extend with.

And why is Dubois worth more than Giroux as a rental? Both are PPG centers. Giroux bring leadership and has a lot of playoffs experience.

Giroux was traded for a 1st and a decent prospect and that's what i think WPG would get for Dubois. You think you're getting twice that.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 8:57 p.m.
How is Dubois situation different than Trouba? Both elite RFA asking for a trade with only one team they would extend with.

And why is Dubois worth more than Giroux as a rental? Both are PPG centers. Giroux bring leadership and has a lot of playoffs experience.

Giroux was traded for a 1st and a decent prospect and that's what i think WPG would get for Dubois. You think you're getting twice that.

Yeah because if he's traded to mtl it's not a rental it's with the extension increasing the price genius
Feb. 6, 2023 at 9:16 p.m.
Yeah because if he's traded to mtl it's not a rental it's with the extension increasing the price genius

Why would MTL pay more than the price the other 30 teams would pay?

How did it work out with Trouba? Did you get rental price or extended price?

Genius.
Feb. 7, 2023 at 4:04 p.m.
Why would MTL pay more than the price the other 30 teams would pay?

How did it work out with Trouba? Did you get rental price or extended price?

Genius.

Did Dubois say he'd only sign with mtl genius? No he said he could see himself playing there not that it's the only place he'd play. He could say tomorrow that he could see himself in Arizona does it change anything no. Just because a player says he could be with one team doesn't mean you rule out all other options as he hasn't said he only wants to go there. 😆😆😆
Feb. 7, 2023 at 9:20 p.m.
Did Dubois say he'd only sign with mtl genius? No he said he could see himself playing there not that it's the only place he'd play. He could say tomorrow that he could see himself in Arizona does it change anything no. Just because a player says he could be with one team doesn't mean you rule out all other options as he hasn't said he only wants to go there. 😆😆😆

Kent Hughes, Dubois and his agent said the most they could without being penalysed. They even got a call from the NHL because they were borderline.

Trouba leaked even less than Dubois, he never said publicly he wanted to play for the Rangers.

Dubois was at the 2022 draft in MTL because he thought he was getting traded. No other active NHL players were there. After that, he had to lie about going there just to "watch the draft"

Everybody knows Dubois is going to play for the MTL Canadiens except Jets fans. That's a Trouba 2.0 situation whether you like it or not.
Feb. 7, 2023 at 9:35 p.m.
Banned
Just because of the circumstance a team is doesn't change his value lol Habs are rebuilding does that give them a better price on meier because oh were not making the playoffs so he's cheaper no

You are wild!
Feb. 8, 2023 at 7:44 a.m.
Kent Hughes, Dubois and his agent said the most they could without being penalysed. They even got a call from the NHL because they were borderline.

Trouba leaked even less than Dubois, he never said publicly he wanted to play for the Rangers.

Dubois was at the 2022 draft in MTL because he thought he was getting traded. No other active NHL players were there. After that, he had to lie about going there just to "watch the draft"

Everybody knows Dubois is going to play for the MTL Canadiens except Jets fans. That's a Trouba 2.0 situation whether you like it or not.

I guess mtl ain't getting Dubois then when a rental offer is better than what mtl would do lol. Also a team can resign him so good luck getting him when any team that has him will likely make a pitch for him to stay. Not to mention the ufa cost probably 10m +. You can say that if he wants to come he needs to take a pay cut but what does mtl done to say he'll take one. This is his big contract that will take him to mid 30s. He can want to come but take the best offer he is literally stirring stuff up to create interest and drive up what he can get not just via contract but more options as teams can trade for him. Just kinda funny that you say a trouba situation as how is that contract and publicity working for nyr. I'd rather send him to a team as a rental or with extension so if you don't pay up more than your "trouba esk deal" it ain't gonna land him
Feb. 8, 2023 at 10:11 p.m.
I guess mtl ain't getting Dubois then when a rental offer is better than what mtl would do lol. Also a team can resign him so good luck getting him when any team that has him will likely make a pitch for him to stay. Not to mention the ufa cost probably 10m +. You can say that if he wants to come he needs to take a pay cut but what does mtl done to say he'll take one. This is his big contract that will take him to mid 30s. He can want to come but take the best offer he is literally stirring stuff up to create interest and drive up what he can get not just via contract but more options as teams can trade for him. Just kinda funny that you say a trouba situation as how is that contract and publicity working for nyr. I'd rather send him to a team as a rental or with extension so if you don't pay up more than your "trouba esk deal" it ain't gonna land him

I agree MTL would have to beat any rental offer for PLD if they want to trade for him. But you really think any teams would offer all that for PLD as a rental? (Dach, Barron, top 15 pick and a 2nd)

Trouba having a bad season this year doesn't affect his value in 2019, when he was only 25, one of the best RHD and still got traded for a 1st and Pionk only. Jets probably shopped Trouba as a 1 year rental, got the best offer they could, and asked NYR to beat that offer. Same thing would happen with Dubois if rumors are true.

As for contract, i don't mind MTL paying him what he's worth. If they get a better deal because they traded for him, good. If not, let's pay him when he's UFA and keep the assets. Thinking about it, i'd rather pay him 1M more and keep the assets.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 11:43 a.m.
I agree MTL would have to beat any rental offer for PLD if they want to trade for him. But you really think any teams would offer all that for PLD as a rental? (Dach, Barron, top 15 pick and a 2nd)

Trouba having a bad season this year doesn't affect his value in 2019, when he was only 25, one of the best RHD and still got traded for a 1st and Pionk only. Jets probably shopped Trouba as a 1 year rental, got the best offer they could, and asked NYR to beat that offer. Same thing would happen with Dubois if rumors are true.

As for contract, i don't mind MTL paying him what he's worth. If they get a better deal because they traded for him, good. If not, let's pay him when he's UFA and keep the assets. Thinking about it, i'd rather pay him 1M more and keep the assets.

It'll be 10m plus at least centers like that don't often go ufa especially a 1c that plays the style he does very unlikely he only says mtl if he truly wants out saying he'd only play in mtl doesn't really help his case as it's more limiting what teams he can go to and money and Dubois isn't dumb.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 3:16 p.m.
It'll be 10m plus at least centers like that don't often go ufa especially a 1c that plays the style he does very unlikely he only says mtl if he truly wants out saying he'd only play in mtl doesn't really help his case as it's more limiting what teams he can go to and money and Dubois isn't dumb.

Trouba said NYR only and he still signed 8 X 8M. Was he dumb? No. I don't think he would have got much more on the UFA market.

MTL will pay Dubois what he's worth, but he won't ask for 10M+ like you're saying. I'd say around 8M on a friendly deal or 9M at full value.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:01 p.m.
Trouba said NYR only and he still signed 8 X 8M. Was he dumb? No. I don't think he would have got much more on the UFA market.

MTL will pay Dubois what he's worth, but he won't ask for 10M+ like you're saying. I'd say around 8M on a friendly deal or 9M at full value.

If he's traded for by mtl this summer I could see that type of deal. If he goes ufa any team is allowed to make offers and the price will go up the more teams interested. Mtl is in a rough spot if he goes ufa because that's banking on his idea of going there. If a team like la offers 9m too mtl might need to go to 10m to make it so he gets the same amount as he would if he took the 9m in LA with a more favorable tax. Ufa is the most expensive when it comes to a contract that he'd get so you either pay a price and get 8 years on a more affordable deal or Risk the ufa market where he can go anywhere with an inflated price. Either way it's not cheap. Trouba on the open market would had a bidding war that drives up the price if he were a ufa. The part that you miss is that just because he said he would play I'm mtl doesn't mean it's exclusively there. So other teams can offer more and goes back and forth up past his true value. Mtl may need to pay more than he's worth to ensure that get him or atleast find a budget on what they are willing to do via ufa and trade so if neither match they know they shouldn't pursue him. I like how you really try to explain that Dubois and mtl is like a lock when it's still over a year until he's a ufa things can change at a moments notice so let's just wait and see the pick locations so when the time comes when a trade might happen then the discussion starts rather than us bickering back and forth in the middle of the season when Nothing immediate will happen still 4 months out atleast.
Windjammer liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:20 p.m.
If he's traded for by mtl this summer I could see that type of deal. If he goes ufa any team is allowed to make offers and the price will go up the more teams interested. Mtl is in a rough spot if he goes ufa because that's banking on his idea of going there. If a team like la offers 9m too mtl might need to go to 10m to make it so he gets the same amount as he would if he took the 9m in LA with a more favorable tax. Ufa is the most expensive when it comes to a contract that he'd get so you either pay a price and get 8 years on a more affordable deal or Risk the ufa market where he can go anywhere with an inflated price. Either way it's not cheap. Trouba on the open market would had a bidding war that drives up the price if he were a ufa. The part that you miss is that just because he said he would play I'm mtl doesn't mean it's exclusively there. So other teams can offer more and goes back and forth up past his true value. Mtl may need to pay more than he's worth to ensure that get him or atleast find a budget on what they are willing to do via ufa and trade so if neither match they know they shouldn't pursue him. I like how you really try to explain that Dubois and mtl is like a lock when it's still over a year until he's a ufa things can change at a moments notice so let's just wait and see the pick locations so when the time comes when a trade might happen then the discussion starts rather than us bickering back and forth in the middle of the season when Nothing immediate will happen still 4 months out atleast.

I don't think Trouba would have gotten much more than 8M on the UFA market. Pietrangelo signed for 8.8M the next summer as a UFA and he's better than Trouba.

I agree some low taxes teams would be more appealing, but there are only 5 and most of them are already maxed on their cap. LA taxes are similar to MTL.

I'm all for MTL trading for Dubois to secure him and a lower cap hit, i agree MTL could lose him if he changes his mind. But MTL won't overpay.

If rumors about MTL are true, shop him around the league as a 1 year rental after the season, come back with the best offer you got and we'll beat that.

If rumors aren't true, try to extend him or trade him for full value around the league. If he's willing to go anywhere, you'll get something close to what you're asking.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll