$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$837,500$837,500
G
RFA - 2
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
G
UFA - 1
$1,850,000$1,850,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$687,500$687,500
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$4,916,667$4,916,667
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
DougieWilsonNOT
Can't see the sharks giving up a pick unless it's in the later rounds (5,6, 7). My guess is that you have the right prospect(s)/young players on here. Mittelstadt is 24 and fits into our timeline and we'll either look at Rosen/Ostlund. Another option is Savoie, but with less line items attached to the trade (Savoie and a 1st that's it).
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.
I thought about Savoie but I think at the end of the day if Adams can’t talk Grier down to a deal similar to this I don’t think it happens. I think at this point in the Sabres timeline they won’t want to part with Savoie. Not that it wouldn’t be fair value, I just don’t think that’s where the team is at right now
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:26 a.m.
I don't think I want Greenway.
Sleeping in, missing meetings and practices, etc. Not a good character player.
Defensive metrics are good though and he has a history with Donny Meatballs so maybe.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:31 a.m.
Quoting: Chapee44
I don't think I want Greenway.
Sleeping in, missing meetings and practices, etc. Not a good character player.
Defensive metrics are good though and he has a history with Donny Meatballs so maybe.

He’d be a younger replacement for Okposo/Girgensons, and if he doesn’t fit in the locker room his cap hit is not too much to eat or bury in the AHL especially since the Sabres won’t have a problem with the cap for another 3-4 years
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:34 a.m.
Quoting: psabato
He’d be a younger replacement for Okposo/Girgensons, and if he doesn’t fit in the locker room his cap hit is not too much to eat or bury in the AHL especially since the Sabres won’t have a problem with the cap for another 3-4 years

If he can't get his stuff together in the pros he'll be even more disengaged in the minors. It's a bad recipe if the character concerns are true.
He would be a younger replacement for them but we have a few guys knocking on the door there. Specifically Biro is solid defensively and putting up great AHL numbers. Plus I would think Okposo is back at least for next season. Captain for 1 year would be weird, not impossible, but definitely weird.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:39 a.m.
If he can't get his stuff together in the pros he'll be even more disengaged in the minors. It's a bad recipe if the character concerns are true.
He would be a younger replacement for them but we have a few guys knocking on the door there. Specifically Biro is solid defensively and putting up great AHL numbers. Plus I would think Okposo is back at least for next season. Captain for 1 year would be weird, not impossible, but definitely weird.

I like Biro, Rousek, and Murray from what I’ve seen in Roch but I’d rather not count on them filling that role especially since we haven’t seen it in the NHL for a sustained period of time. I think an established player like Greenway in the next few years when they can’t afford guys to go through growing pains learning in the NHL while they’re trying to compete
homiedaclown liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:41 a.m.
I like Biro, Rousek, and Murray from what I’ve seen in Roch but I’d rather not count on them filling that role especially since we haven’t seen it in the NHL for a sustained period of time. I think an established player like Greenway in the next few years when they can’t afford guys to go through growing pains learning in the NHL while they’re trying to compete

There's plenty of 4th liners out there that don't come with the character concerns if that's the case.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:42 a.m.

He's the 13th forward right now. Maybe in the offseason depending on what we do with okposo and girgensons. Granato knows Greenway
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:49 a.m.
I highly doubt the Wild make this trade.
homiedaclown liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:50 a.m.
There's plenty of 4th liners out there that don't come with the character concerns if that's the case.

This is all hypothetical of course but they probably wouldn’t make this trade if Granato doesn’t vouch for him and if that happens I don’t think there would be any locker room problems
Chapee44 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:52 a.m.
Quoting: Upper_Body_Injury
I highly doubt the Wild make this trade.

Why not? Asplund has center flexibility, has RFA status, is cheaper, and got some 4th and 5th place Selke votes last year. He just hasn’t played enough this year in Buffalo
Jan. 31, 2023 at 12:12 p.m.
Why not? Asplund has center flexibility, has RFA status, is cheaper, and got some 4th and 5th place Selke votes last year. He just hasn’t played enough this year in Buffalo

Greenway has his warts, but he is the better overall player IMO, has more experience and is a key player on our shutdown line. I'm not saying he wont be moved at the TDL or this offseason but this deal doesn't get it done. Vinnie adds no value to this trade at all, its more of a negative value.

As far as Asplund where is the value to the Wild, We have center depth just not great talent at center so I don't think he is going to come in and take over at 1C. I will give you that he is cheaper but I am sure the Wild can find all sorts of cheap options in FA.

As you mentioned Don knows who Greenway is and from what I have heard he loves him as a player and person. Just because he overslept and missed a meeting doesn't mean his a bad apple, it pissed off Dean and BG but that is not a reason to trade the guy for penny's on the the dollar.
homiedaclown liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 12:40 p.m.
Quoting: NotDougWilson
Can't see the sharks giving up a pick unless it's in the later rounds (5,6, 7). My guess is that you have the right prospect(s)/young players on here. Mittelstadt is 24 and fits into our timeline and we'll either look at Rosen/Ostlund. Another option is Savoie, but with less line items attached to the trade (Savoie and a 1st that's it).

Reasonable
I think the Sabres MGMT would be less likely to trade Savoie bc we *just* drafted him- and in the top10
Also, the way our young forwards on the team are playing (as well as adding Meier) gives us leeway to develop Savoie a little more slowly.
However, Savoie is the most talented of the group offensively-
and since we currently are one of the top scoring teams in the league (plus, again, adding Meier) we might be more willing to trade the better offensive talent if it means giving i guys less assets

I obviously can’t tell you which way Sabres mgmt is leaning,
but we do have plenty of pieces to make a deal happen

Biggest issue i could see is that we might not wanna outbid Jersey (or whoever) to get him
*although i think we should
Jan. 31, 2023 at 12:42 p.m.
Unless Minny really likes Asplund,
then i don’t see any reason they’d do that trade

And with Asplund not playing a ton this year,
it’s hard to imagine they really like him

I think we’d have to add a pick most likely
Maybe they get a 2nd & send us back a 3rd ?
Idk though, that’s just a guess on my part
Jan. 31, 2023 at 12:47 p.m.
Greenway has his warts, but he is the better overall player IMO, has more experience and is a key player on our shutdown line. I'm not saying he wont be moved at the TDL or this offseason but this deal doesn't get it done. Vinnie adds no value to this trade at all, its more of a negative value.

As far as Asplund where is the value to the Wild, We have center depth just not great talent at center so I don't think he is going to come in and take over at 1C. I will give you that he is cheaper but I am sure the Wild can find all sorts of cheap options in FA.

As you mentioned Don knows who Greenway is and from what I have heard he loves him as a player and person. Just because he overslept and missed a meeting doesn't mean his a bad apple, it pissed off Dean and BG but that is not a reason to trade the guy for penny's on the the dollar.

Asplund is good defensively & can play ANY of the forward positions, so he could be a good fit for you guys
However, he is smaller & uses skill & positioning- bringing virtually no physical play whatsoever- so he’s quite the different player

Probably tough to say if u guys like him or not?
I’d think some teams would, & some would pass

Hinnostroza is a solid bottom6 player
But i agree that he likely has little trade value
I’d just assume keep him as depth if that’s the case
Maybe we add a pick or one of our MANY forward prospects instead ?
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: Buffalove
Asplund is good defensively & can play ANY of the forward positions, so he could be a good fit for you guys
However, he is smaller & uses skill & positioning- bringing virtually no physical play whatsoever- so he’s quite the different player

Probably tough to say if u guys like him or not?
I’d think some teams would, & some would pass

Hinnostroza is a solid bottom6 player
But i agree that he likely has little trade value
I’d just assume keep him as depth if that’s the case
Maybe we add a pick or one of our MANY forward prospects instead ?

Yeah by no means am I saying Asplund is a bad player he just isn't a good fit for the Wild at least I don't think he is, BG may think otherwise. His size, skill and versatility match most of our bottom 6 guys (besides Revo) and the Wild have plenty of other guys in the AHL to call up that could fill the same role that Asplund would be filling.

I agree that he is a different player then Greenway which is why I think it wouldn't make sense for the Wild to get rid of him for Asplund. But the Wild do have Duhaime that could fill Greenway's role so trading him isn't out of the question.
homiedaclown liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 3:19 p.m.
Yeah by no means am I saying Asplund is a bad player he just isn't a good fit for the Wild at least I don't think he is, BG may think otherwise. His size, skill and versatility match most of our bottom 6 guys (besides Revo) and the Wild have plenty of other guys in the AHL to call up that could fill the same role that Asplund would be filling.

I agree that he is a different player then Greenway which is why I think it wouldn't make sense for the Wild to get rid of him for Asplund. But the Wild do have Duhaime that could fill Greenway's role so trading him isn't out of the question.

Fair enough-
i wasn’t sure what u guys might want for Greenway
Draft pick?
Jan. 31, 2023 at 3:39 p.m.
Quoting: Buffalove
Fair enough-
i wasn’t sure what u guys might want for Greenway
Draft pick?

Who knows what it would take to make BG's ears perk up for Greenway. I know with the Boldy signing this puts the Wild in more a cap crunch as they have some RFA's and UFA's to sign so it kinda makes Greenway expendable seeing as Duhaime could fill his role for cheaper money. I really don't think he will get traded at the TDL but more likely in the offseason. If he is traded at the TDL its going to be for a roster player to help make a playoff push in which the Wild would be adding picks but nothing blockbuster, I would think if it happens in the offseason its probably for a prospect or pick(s) maybe a 2nd maybe a 2nd and 5th....its not going to be Horvat return.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll