Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 6, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
Quoting: westleysnipez
Ice time doesn't reflect ability. You called Schenn a bottom-pairing defenseman, he's capable of playing Top-4. That's where you were wrong.

I know ice time doesn't affect ability. But you came in talking about how he gets top four minutes (he doesn't) and how he gets to play 20+ minutes per night (he's done it only twice).

Schenn's minutes aren't what make him a bottom pair defenseman. Him being a bottom pair defenseman is what makes him a bottom pair defenseman. That's where he'll play on any team that acquires him, that's what he is and always has been.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 2:40 p.m.
You're getting all worked up over a trade offered by a Leafs fan. Your fellow fan offered the trade, why are you getting mad at me for the trade offer? I'm just critiquing what the Canucks would want. It's a good trade from Vancouver's POV. You're the one upset by it.

There's a lot more to see when you watch a player in a game, rather than just looking at their stats and saying "Yup, that's a bad player." You're a hypocrite.

Schenn has played an average of 17:10 this season, Bear has played an average of 18:17. The average shift is 40 seconds. It's literally a shift difference per game. They share the workload of the Top-4/Bottom-4 pairing because Bear is better offensively and Schenn is better defensively.

Judging from the 100+ trade offers by Leaf fans for Schenn, I'm willing to bet there is a great deal of interest from Toronto. Not only are you out of touch with the Canucks, it seems like you're even out of touch with your own team.

worked up? dude you're the one who started getting rowdy and accusing people of not watching the games because they actually know schenn isnt good. Im critiquing your terrible evaluation of the agm and what the leafs would want, and it's an awful terrible trade from the leafs angle.
And yeah, there is a lot more to watching the games than that, but you seem to be ignoring all of the non anecdotal evidence that doesnt fit your version of what you see on the ice. You seen him good and that's that!
Schenn is literally 5th in ice time on the canucks, you can try and dice that line as thin as you want but it doesnt make it not true, and this is on a bad team with bad defence. If he is, at best, barely the 4th best defender on a terrible defensive team what does that say? He isnt good, he's a 7th defender on any half decent team in the league at best.
And just because like 4 leafs fans make the same schenn thread 3x a day doesnt mean that the leafs themselves have any interest in the player.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 2:43 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: Caerii
Yeah and he's four goals from doing it again. Regardless, the original claim was that Knies would be better than Crouse immediately, which means scoring 20+ goals immediately, at minimum.

Crouse won't get the opportunity he gets in Arizona anywhere else. He's a medium sized fish in a puddle but on a good team he's a small fish.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 2:44 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
Crouse won't get the opportunity he gets in Arizona anywhere else. He's a medium sized fish in a puddle but on a good team he's a small fish.

Well now you're just moving the goalposts.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 2:45 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
As a diehard prospect guy for the last 7 or so years, I genuinely don’t think there’s been a more painful discourse than Leafs obsessesion with Knies. He’s good but hooo boy calm down.

I don't know how good he'll be but the ceiling is high for him. I personally think his floor is quite low as well but with the potential he brings you just don't move that unless it makes sense. Crouse is certainly not remotely good enough to warrant moving Knies
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:08 p.m.
westleysnipez
I know ice time doesn't affect ability. But you came in talking about how he gets top four minutes (he doesn't) and how he gets to play 20+ minutes per night (he's done it only twice).

Schenn's minutes aren't what make him a bottom pair defenseman. Him being a bottom pair defenseman is what makes him a bottom pair defenseman. That's where he'll play on any team that acquires him, that's what he is and always has been.

I said when Myers or Bear are out of the line up. Schenn plays Top-4. He is the 2nd best defenseman in his own end on the Canucks. He gets the nod over Bear for PK. He splits 5v5 time with Bear. Watch the Canucks game tonight, you'll see Schenn is a Top-4 capable defenseman.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:10 p.m.
I said when Myers or Bear are out of the line up. Schenn plays Top-4. He is the 2nd best defenseman in his own end on the Canucks. He gets the nod over Bear for PK. He splits 5v5 time with Bear. Watch the Canucks game tonight, you'll see Schenn is a Top-4 capable defenseman.

I'll watch the Canucks tonight if you watch a team with an actual defense so you can see what actual top four defensemen look like compared to the Canucks.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:17 p.m.
westleysnipez
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
worked up? dude you're the one who started getting rowdy and accusing people of not watching the games because they actually know schenn isnt good. Im critiquing your terrible evaluation of the agm and what the leafs would want, and it's an awful terrible trade from the leafs angle.
And yeah, there is a lot more to watching the games than that, but you seem to be ignoring all of the non anecdotal evidence that doesnt fit your version of what you see on the ice. You seen him good and that's that!
Schenn is literally 5th in ice time on the canucks, you can try and dice that line as thin as you want but it doesnt make it not true, and this is on a bad team with bad defence. If he is, at best, barely the 4th best defender on a terrible defensive team what does that say? He isnt good, he's a 7th defender on any half decent team in the league at best.
And just because like 4 leafs fans make the same schenn thread 3x a day doesnt mean that the leafs themselves have any interest in the player.

Buddy, stop acting offended that you don't watch games. It's fine that you don't, it's a lot of time each week to watch multiple teams. Your insistence that stats mean more than the eye test isn't true and anyone with more than surface-level hockey knowledge would know that.

Back to the point at hand, you've made it clear that you don't want Schenn in Toronto. But it seems like the majority of the Leafs' fandom and media disagree with your opinion. We'll see what happens in the next five weeks.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:24 p.m.
Buddy, stop acting offended that you don't watch games. It's fine that you don't, it's a lot of time each week to watch multiple teams. Your insistence that stats mean more than the eye test isn't true and anyone with more than surface-level hockey knowledge would know that.

Back to the point at hand, you've made it clear that you don't want Schenn in Toronto. But it seems like the majority of the Leafs' fandom and media disagree with your opinion. We'll see what happens in the next five weeks.

Wow, that watch the games pep talk got you right bunched up eh? Just because you got caught using the easy "win" hack and now know that people are on to you is no reason to get upity. Just get out there and actually find some facts to defend your player instead of your watch the games crutch.
Anyone with actual hockey knowledge would know that their eye test means nothing without context. If the stats are bad and other peoples eye test are telling you what's wrong maybe your eye test is the bad one. Some people watch the games and check the numbers.

And there you go again acting like 3 or 4 people on this site who make the same agm over and over again and the leafs media who are literally never right about anything because they only live to generate hate clicks about the team are some solid majority.
Indeed we'll see what happens, but no matter what, luke schenn isnt very good and is a much worse player than Justin Holl
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
westleysnipez
I'll watch the Canucks tonight if you watch a team with an actual defense so you can see what actual top four defensemen look like compared to the Canucks.

Is there a team you'd recommend? Obviously not the Leafs, because they're the ones desperate for Schenn.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:28 p.m.
westleysnipez
Wow, that watch the games pep talk got you right bunched up eh? Just because you got caught using the easy "win" hack and now know that people are on to you is no reason to get upity. Just get out there and actually find some facts to defend your player instead of your watch the games crutch.
Anyone with actual hockey knowledge would know that their eye test means nothing without context. If the stats are bad and other peoples eye test are telling you what's wrong maybe your eye test is the bad one. Some people watch the games and check the numbers.

And there you go again acting like 3 or 4 people on this site who make the same agm over and over again and the leafs media who are literally never right about anything because they only live to generate hate clicks about the team are some solid majority.
Indeed we'll see what happens, but no matter what, luke schenn isnt very good and is a much worse player than Justin Holl

There's no easy win hack used; I added the context to what the eye test and stat sheet showed. You've repeatedly ignored it. All the explanations in the world won't help if you choose to be ignorant.

Leafs media about Luke Schenn from a 10 second google search:

https://theleafsnation.com/news/luke-schenn-might-make-sense-for-the-toronto-maple-leafs-at-the-deadline

https://editorinleaf.com/2022/02/24/toronto-maple-leafs-trade-schenn/

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/why-leafs-interested-luke-schenn-trade

https://thehockeywriters.com/maple-leafs-should-reunite-schenn-strengthen-defense/
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
There's no easy win hack used; I added the context to what the eye test and stat sheet showed. You've repeatedly ignored it. All the explanations in the world won't help if you choose to be ignorant.

Leafs media about Luke Schenn from a 10 second google search:

https://theleafsnation.com/news/luke-schenn-might-make-sense-for-the-toronto-maple-leafs-at-the-deadline

https://editorinleaf.com/2022/02/24/toronto-maple-leafs-trade-schenn/

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/why-leafs-interested-luke-schenn-trade

https://thehockeywriters.com/maple-leafs-should-reunite-schenn-strengthen-defense/

oh dear, you wanna prove a point and use editor in leaf and the hockey writers? oh dear
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:35 p.m.
westleysnipez
oh dear, you wanna prove a point and use editor in leaf and the hockey writers? oh dear

Oh dear, your point got proven wrong and you've nothing to say? oh dear

Just move on dude.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:38 p.m.
Oh dear, your point got proven wrong and you've nothing to say? oh dear

not at all, i was simply amused that you went out of your way to prove my point. Editorinleaf and the hockey writers are two of the worst places for hate click articles, they churn out some of the worst hockey and leafs takes you can imagine simply to drive traffic.
and as far as the other two, neither of them are anything more than random speculation articles by bloggers so i dunno how that creates some "most leafs fans and leafs media want this"
Feb. 6, 2023 at 3:54 p.m.
we miss leo k
just want to jump in and say two things can easily be true at the same time: Luke Schenn can be worth a 2nd rounder at the deadline (Brett Kulak got a 2nd+ last TDL and he doesn't have the "grit" or rings that makes NHL GMs so excited), and Toronto trading Holl/2nd/3rd for Schenn can be a terrible trade for them. Holl is a solid RD2, Schenn is a good RD3 who would be a downgrade in most areas except physicality. Regardless, it doesn't make sense for a team aiming to make noise in the playoffs to sacrifice depth at the deadline - if they want Schenn, they find a way to add him and don't lose a defender currently logging 20+ minutes a night.

The Arizona trade is an incredibly easy pass from the Coyotes - Sandin is a fine player to add, but retaining $2M for the next 4 years on Crouse is a non-starter without significant assets coming back. Some combo of Knies, Sandin, and a 1st (pick 2) with maybe one more lesser asset included would be my guess - Crouse has been scoring at a 27 goals/82 GP since the beginning of last season, so not only do you have to account for that, but you have to account for the opportunity cost Arizona is passing up by tying up another of their retention slots long term - those retained salary slots are way more important for a rebuilding team like the Coyotes, and they already have one occupied through 2026-27 from the OEL trade.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:25 p.m.
westleysnipez
not at all, i was simply amused that you went out of your way to prove my point. Editorinleaf and the hockey writers are two of the worst places for hate click articles, they churn out some of the worst hockey and leafs takes you can imagine simply to drive traffic.
and as far as the other two, neither of them are anything more than random speculation articles by bloggers so i dunno how that creates some "most leafs fans and leafs media want this"

All your comments have been claiming my statements aren't true, then when I provide proof you claim it's still not true? You're a joke buddy, you have no argument, you're just being ignorant. Broaden your horizons.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll