Playoff concept - no values

Created by: CoopsTroops
Team: 2022-23 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 17, 2023
Published: Feb. 17, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TBL
  1. Barbashev, Ivan ($1,125,000 retained)
STL
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$80,692,500$0$82,500$1,807,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,125,000$1,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,800,000$4,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,950,000$2,950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 17, 2023 at 11:10 a.m.
I'd be game to cop both, but I think someone would outbid us for Barbashev. Schenn, who has been unpopular to a lot of Tampa fans on here in regards to bringing him back, would be a smart move I think. Unless theres someone we already have our eyes on in the draft, I say we should trade picks. By the time any of the players we draft are developed, this teams window will be closed. Schenn is a great add on the right side, though we are unlikely to resign him in July cause someone will pay him a good raise, he is a good "7th" man to have, or can easily step in on the right side if Perbix needs to be scratched. The argument against him is that he was just a 7th defenseman and sat the majority of his contract on the bench or in the press box. While true, he was integral playing his limited role. He could step in and provide consistency whenever he was called upon. I am all for bringing him back, but I wouldn't trade Cal to get him. I would trade picks and a prospect or someone in the minors. Barbashev Would be great for the bottom 9, but we would have to give up a ton of picks to get him, if we aren't giving up Foote. Maybe a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year. For a rental? I'm not sure. Might be tough to get Barbashev since all blues fans think he's getting a 2nd+ from this year. But the Horvat and Senko trades really lowered the value of UFAs from what CF users thought they would be worth.
mokumboi and CoopsTroops liked this.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
mokumboi
Was all set to like this until the end. It's not just Blues fans saying this, the entire hockey media is, as well. But what the hell, this is all basically right.
CoopsTroops liked this.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:07 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Your faith that everyone (not just some of us) will pay attention to the words "no values" in your Team Title is touching.
CoopsTroops and Steven_Stamkos liked this.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:12 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Your faith that everyone (not just some of us) will pay attention to the words "no values" in your Team Title is touching.

Worth a try
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:14 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Stammer_Time91
, but I wouldn't trade Cal to get him.

I still like Foote as a future 3RD or 7D. Since I'm not doing value on the trades here, he was only included to make the cap work, but adding more retention to Barbashev would do the trick.
Steven_Stamkos liked this.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:18 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Edited Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:26 p.m.
I'd be game to cop both, but I think someone would outbid us for Barbashev. Schenn, who has been unpopular to a lot of Tampa fans on here in regards to bringing him back, would be a smart move I think. Unless theres someone we already have our eyes on in the draft, I say we should trade picks. By the time any of the players we draft are developed, this teams window will be closed. Schenn is a great add on the right side, though we are unlikely to resign him in July cause someone will pay him a good raise, he is a good "7th" man to have, or can easily step in on the right side if Perbix needs to be scratched. The argument against him is that he was just a 7th defenseman and sat the majority of his contract on the bench or in the press box. While true, he was integral playing his limited role. He could step in and provide consistency whenever he was called upon. I am all for bringing him back, but I wouldn't trade Cal to get him. I would trade picks and a prospect or someone in the minors. Barbashev Would be great for the bottom 9, but we would have to give up a ton of picks to get him, if we aren't giving up Foote. Maybe a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year. For a rental? I'm not sure. Might be tough to get Barbashev since all blues fans think he's getting a 2nd+ from this year. But the Horvat and Senko trades really lowered the value of UFAs from what CF users thought they would be worth.

Are you serious about Schenn? Bogosian played more playoff games in the bubble than Schenn did in his lightning career. Of the 19 playoff games Schenn played as a bolts 14 of them TB used 7 defensenan and 3 others 2of Cernak Bogosian or Rutta were injured. So, saying he was an integral part of either is utterly disingenuous or a flat out LIE !!!!?
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:19 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Quoting: CoopsTroops
I still like Foote as a future 3RD or 7D. Since I'm not doing value on the trades here, he was only included to make the cap work, but adding more retention to Barbashev would do the trick.

Or you could trade Myers and open 1.4 mil
Feb. 17, 2023 at 3:41 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
Are you serious about Schenn? Bogosian played more playoff games in the bubble than Schenn did in his lightning career. Of the 19 playoff games Schenn played as a bolts 14 of them TB used 7 defensenan and 3 others 2of Cernak Bogosian or Rutta were injured. So, saying he was an integral part of either is utterly disingenuous or a flat out LIE !!!!?

Yes I'm serious about Schenn. And Im well aware of how many games he played and how he played them. It's neither disingenuous, or a lie, it's just your opinion. Like I said, I am in the minority among Tampa fans who think it would be a smart move to bring him back at the deadline. I am serious about what I said. I believe he was integral. You have to have depth in the playoffs. Was he a "lynch pin" for the 2 runs? No. But you can't sit there and tell me that we would be better off WITHOUT Schenn as the 7th man. He had no issue with playing or accepting that role. When he played 7 for 11-7 or in relief of Cerney, Bogo, Rutta, Shats, Savard, he played it very well. He wasn't a liability. Solid defensively, checking, blocking shots, he added even more calmness and level headedness to the team. He was a much needed veteran presence in addition to all the other vets on those rosters. It's so rare to make a run to the finals without having depth both up front and on defense. And like I said, with the lack of good draft picks this year, and the likelihood that the players we WOULD draft being NHL regulars in 5 years being so low, why shouldn't we swing and spend a 3rd or a 4th, whatever it is for draft picks THIS season, and get a guy that knows the team, system, and can be relied upon to backfill some minutes? You trust Fluery or Foote to step in late in the playoffs and be a silent difference maker? No offense to either of them, as I think they are fine players to keep around, but Im a huge believer in heavy veterans. Schenn can be that guy. Just my opinion lol. Our pool is bottom 5 no debate, and our window is the remainder of the cores careers. We should be doing whatever we can within reason to keep the success flowing. Spending a 3rd for Schenn isn't something thats going to make or break the franchise. But it may be something that helps us compete for another cup this season.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 5:57 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Yes I'm serious about Schenn. And Im well aware of how many games he played and how he played them. It's neither disingenuous, or a lie, it's just your opinion. Like I said, I am in the minority among Tampa fans who think it would be a smart move to bring him back at the deadline. I am serious about what I said. I believe he was integral. You have to have depth in the playoffs. Was he a "lynch pin" for the 2 runs? No. But you can't sit there and tell me that we would be better off WITHOUT Schenn as the 7th man. He had no issue with playing or accepting that role. When he played 7 for 11-7 or in relief of Cerney, Bogo, Rutta, Shats, Savard, he played it very well. He wasn't a liability. Solid defensively, checking, blocking shots, he added even more calmness and level headedness to the team. He was a much needed veteran presence in addition to all the other vets on those rosters. It's so rare to make a run to the finals without having depth both up front and on defense. And like I said, with the lack of good draft picks this year, and the likelihood that the players we WOULD draft being NHL regulars in 5 years being so low, why shouldn't we swing and spend a 3rd or a 4th, whatever it is for draft picks THIS season, and get a guy that knows the team, system, and can be relied upon to backfill some minutes? You trust Fluery or Foote to step in late in the playoffs and be a silent difference maker? No offense to either of them, as I think they are fine players to keep around, but Im a huge believer in heavy veterans. Schenn can be that guy. Just my opinion lol. Our pool is bottom 5 no debate, and our window is the remainder of the cores careers. We should be doing whatever we can within reason to keep the success flowing. Spending a 3rd for Schenn isn't something thats going to make or break the franchise. But it may be something that helps us compete for another cup this season.

I agree with you about a lot but this is the most delusional take on here. He really didn't play that well and took too many penalties. I'd much rather keep the 24 yo RFA.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 6:44 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
I agree with you about a lot but this is the most delusional take on here. He really didn't play that well and took too many penalties. I'd much rather keep the 24 yo RFA.

I agree with you on most things too. However if you would have read my original post you would know that I said I wouldn't trade Cal Foote. Especially not for Luke Schenn to come back to town. I wouldn't pay a 2nd for him, but I might pay a 3rd straight up nothing else. You must not have been watching the same guy in those two runs as I was then. In the bubble he played 11 games, had 1 fight and 1 minor penalty. In 21 he played 8 games and had 1 fight and 2 minors. Not exactly detrimental numbers considering he blocked 22 shots in 19 games and had 54 hits. I don't understand how it's somehow a delusional take to you? I did nothing but outline exactly the things he did for the team? I didn't say he should come in and play first pairing or we absolutely need to have him on the roster? I'm just highlighting what he could do for the team and the value it would provide us, while also playing my own devils advocate.
Boltsradynasty liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll