NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Bedard-Fantilli-Carlsson, Mike
$950,000$950,000
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$700,000$700K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, C, RW
RFA
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,583,333$9,583,333
LD
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA - 4
$5,400,000$5,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,675,000$4,675,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 3
$1,050,000$1,050,000
G
RFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$787,500$787,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 12, 2023 at 8:48 a.m.
Major overpay from columbus. Retention should be involved here in at least one spot.
palhal liked this.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 11:08 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: DefenseFirst
Major overpay from columbus. Retention should be involved here in at least one spot.

Yeah, CBJ should just acquire players maybe via UFA rather than take on all that extra cap in Hayes and Sanheim. IMO I don't like Sanheim eight year extension.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 11:15 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: palhal
Yeah, CBJ should just acquire players maybe via UFA rather than take on all that extra cap in Hayes and Sanheim. IMO I don't like Sanheim eight year extension.

Hayes to Columbus has been the big rumor being talked up by Friedman. Some people are just getting a bit carried away with it by adding on Sanheim or Provorov or other players to make it more complicated than it will be if anything actually happens. Hayes would work fine for Columbus since he would expire before they need to extend Jiricek or any player they could potentially draft this summer.
palhal and Indy liked this.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 8:35 p.m.
#Cbj
Quoting: dk325
Hayes to Columbus has been the big rumor being talked up by Friedman. Some people are just getting a bit carried away with it by adding on Sanheim or Provorov or other players to make it more complicated than it will be if anything actually happens. Hayes would work fine for Columbus since he would expire before they need to extend Jiricek or any player they could potentially draft this summer.

Some people are intrigued by the friedge info, and I was just trying to see what kind of possibilities there could be. Judging so far you guys seem to think this is a major overpayment, which bodes well.
Hayes is interesting, fairly solid 2/3C, 30yrs old, never broke the 49 point barrier.. signed to a hellaciously bad contract of 3x7.2M remaining. #CBJ could take this cap dump and include some cap dumps as well. The most valuable part of Hayes is the cap space this would open up to Philly. I'm just trying to figure out a nice trade that helps the #CBJ unload some pieces and I like Sanheim. I think this would be a prime opportunity to acquire a pretty solid puck moving top-4 defenseman. Especially if we can acquire him at little more then taking on Hayes' terrible contract. I get the Sanheim contract isn't ideal, but it should be ok valiue.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 9:02 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: EpLightTheLamp
Some people are intrigued by the friedge info, and I was just trying to see what kind of possibilities there could be. Judging so far you guys seem to think this is a major overpayment, which bodes well.
Hayes is interesting, fairly solid 2/3C, 30yrs old, never broke the 49 point barrier.. signed to a hellaciously bad contract of 3x7.2M remaining. #CBJ could take this cap dump and include some cap dumps as well. The most valuable part of Hayes is the cap space this would open up to Philly. I'm just trying to figure out a nice trade that helps the #CBJ unload some pieces and I like Sanheim. I think this would be a prime opportunity to acquire a pretty solid puck moving top-4 defenseman. Especially if we can acquire him at little more then taking on Hayes' terrible contract. I get the Sanheim contract isn't ideal, but it should be ok valiue.

The issue with acquiring Sanheim is that it creates a huge logjam for the Jackets upcoming LD. Mateychuk and Svozil are maybe 2-3 years away from being NHL ready so if you add Sanheim to the roster you've locked up 2/3 LD spots until 2027-28 when Werenski's contract is over at a minimum. This is why they weren't able to come to terms with Gavrikov. He wanted term and the Jackets only want someone for the next few years to bridge them to their promising young prospects. I don't mind Hayes at all if the price is right, but Sanheim is a non-starter when following the logic that Jarmo and co. have displayed recently.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 9:43 p.m.
#Cbj
The issue with acquiring Sanheim is that it creates a huge logjam for the Jackets upcoming LD. Mateychuk and Svozil are maybe 2-3 years away from being NHL ready so if you add Sanheim to the roster you've locked up 2/3 LD spots until 2027-28 when Werenski's contract is over at a minimum. This is why they weren't able to come to terms with Gavrikov. He wanted term and the Jackets only want someone for the next few years to bridge them to their promising young prospects. I don't mind Hayes at all if the price is right, but Sanheim is a non-starter when following the logic that Jarmo and co. have displayed recently.

I think the appeal here is that both Sanheim and Hayes could be had on the cheap. Sanheim would fill that LHD hole and you can always trade him down the line if the rookies take his spot.
We already have a logjam at RHD with Jiricek and gudbranson... that leaves one spot for Boqvist, Peeke and Blankenburg.

I don't think the Sanheim trade will happen, most likely we'll see a Hayes trade for Roslovic with Philly adding some retention and a pick/prospect.
Jarmo will probably sign a LHD UFA, something like Graves or Soucy,
We will probably package some fwds with a RHD to adress a need...

Lots of work to be done, curious to see what will unfold.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 10:27 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
I think the appeal here is that both Sanheim and Hayes could be had on the cheap. Sanheim would fill that LHD hole and you can always trade him down the line if the rookies take his spot.
We already have a logjam at RHD with Jiricek and gudbranson... that leaves one spot for Boqvist, Peeke and Blankenburg.

I don't think the Sanheim trade will happen, most likely we'll see a Hayes trade for Roslovic with Philly adding some retention and a pick/prospect.
Jarmo will probably sign a LHD UFA, something like Graves or Soucy,
We will probably package some fwds with a RHD to adress a need...

Lots of work to be done, curious to see what will unfold.

Yeah, I understand Sanheim could be had cheap. I just kinda like to follow the logic that's being applied by the team as best I can when I'm thinking about what they'll do. Not signing Gavrikov to term seems to say that they're not interested in any long term LD because of their upcoming young guys which means a Sanheim trade also wouldn't follow with what their likely strategy is going forward for the position. That contract also looks like it might be a total anchor to move so I dunno if they'd want to risk the price it might take to trade him in the future.
Mar. 13, 2023 at 4:39 a.m.
#Cbj
Yeah, I understand Sanheim could be had cheap. I just kinda like to follow the logic that's being applied by the team as best I can when I'm thinking about what they'll do. Not signing Gavrikov to term seems to say that they're not interested in any long term LD because of their upcoming young guys which means a Sanheim trade also wouldn't follow with what their likely strategy is going forward for the position. That contract also looks like it might be a total anchor to move so I dunno if they'd want to risk the price it might take to trade him in the future.

He's a quality defenseman, only 26/27 .. that eight year deal takes him to age 34/35.. I'd say there's good chance he'll play 6-7 of those years at an NHL level. The cap will go up substantially as well over the duration of that contract. Sure the team would like to stick to plan A or plan B, but if you have an opportunity to add a solid piece on the cheap. You'd have to consider it. Gavrikov was an UFA, we tried, couldn't make it fit. It happens, it's his right to explore the market if he wants to.
We really shouldn't take on the Hayes contract to begin with, regardless of cost but there have been an awful lot of rumblings about it.
Even if we sign an UFA we are probably paying more term and $ then we want anyways.
Mar. 13, 2023 at 7:08 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
He's a quality defenseman, only 26/27 .. that eight year deal takes him to age 34/35.. I'd say there's good chance he'll play 6-7 of those years at an NHL level. The cap will go up substantially as well over the duration of that contract. Sure the team would like to stick to plan A or plan B, but if you have an opportunity to add a solid piece on the cheap. You'd have to consider it. Gavrikov was an UFA, we tried, couldn't make it fit. It happens, it's his right to explore the market if he wants to.
We really shouldn't take on the Hayes contract to begin with, regardless of cost but there have been an awful lot of rumblings about it.
Even if we sign an UFA we are probably paying more term and $ then we want anyways.

Gavrikov didn't fit because they chose not to offer him the term he wanted. Again, that's why I'm saying the Sanheim trade makes zero sense. Money was not an issue with Gavrikov as Jarmo has come out and said. It was purely term that was the problem and if they weren't willing to go long term with Gavrikov they're certainly not going to trade into an even longer term situation with Sanheim. It doesn't follow the logic that they've used.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll