LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
UFA - 7
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$687,500$687,500
RD
UFA - 1
$837,500$837,500
G
RFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 1
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 7
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 12, 2023 at 6:35 p.m.
Let's see if a deal can be made here.

Pieces in play from Vancouver are Hoglander, Boeser, Garland, Dermott and Rathbone

Do you see a fit anywhere?
Mar. 12, 2023 at 6:44 p.m.
the truth there is a trade I'd like to make but I know a player might have value but not to a particular team so I want to convert players to picks.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 6:49 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Olofsson should bring you back what you paid for Greenway.

In my opinion, your team doesn't have much depth on RD, so Jokiharju seems like an odd guy to trade away. He's well over the minimum age of 200 games for a defenseman and is fine on the third pair, at worst.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 7:11 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Olofsson should bring you back what you paid for Greenway.

In my opinion, your team doesn't have much depth on RD, so Jokiharju seems like an odd guy to trade away. He's well over the minimum age of 200 games for a defenseman and is fine on the third pair, at worst.
I don't have any bad feeling about Jokiharju but trade I'd like to look is an upgrade.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 7:15 p.m.
Sabres fan
Most people here are stupid. It’s harsh but it’s true. It’s also pretty damned unrealistic to expect the team to get rid of five or six players in one off-season. Most likely one or two of the players listed might be traded. There’s no reason to move Jost, Jokiharju, or Mittelstadt, and unless there’s a significant upgrade available, Olofsson isn’t going anywhere either. Bryson and Comrie can both be upgraded from, but it’s a question of who wants either one of them.

There could be a team looking for a cheaper back up goaltender and accepting Comrie. If the Sabres find a better option in free agency this off-season, assuming a trade for a veteran is off the table. I don’t expect them to go shopping for a goaltender in free agency, its trade or nothing gets done there. Bryson needs to go to a team that needs a mobile defenseman. He’s not very good in his own end, but when he was working the power-play and skating the puck up the ice he was at his best. Buffalo needs a more stay at home physical defender that can play in his place. The trouble is he makes more money than most teams would be willing to pay him, especially those that actually need a guy like that. I’m thinking about Washington and Tampa specifically who have older slow defensemen after the top pair, who can’t skate and get exploited for it. There could be other teams that might be interested in him, but you’re not getting much back.
gretzkyghosts and Boos liked this.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 7:19 p.m.
Edited Mar. 12, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.
Quoting: Canucks33
Let's see if a deal can be made here.
Pieces in play from Vancouver are Hoglander, Boeser, Garland, Dermott and Rathbone
Do you see a fit anywhere?
Boeser, Garland would interest me from your list, other than Jokiharju, who would you pick from the list above?

@ Sabresforlife
Bryson, Jacob 4th at the best
Comrie, Eric 6th or 7th
Jokiharju, Henri depends on the team, but Buffalo should not trade him
Jost, Tyson [RFA Rights] he was a waiver claim, 4th or 5th, but Buffalo should try to sign him for less than $2,000,000
Mittelstadt, Casey really he is on pace to 50pt, when he played with Olofsson, victor did great, Cozens had his only hat trick with Casey as his wing man. Why trade him.
Olofsson, Victor give him a decent set up forward and he will give you 30 goals, but a second is probably the best return possible.
OldNYIfan, Tjm220 and Boos liked this.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 7:32 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Comrie, Eric 6th or 7th
Jost, Tyson [RFA Rights] he was a waiver claim, 4th or 5th, but Buffalo should try to sign him for less than $2,000,000
Mittelstadt, Casey really he is on pace to 50pt, when he played with Olofsson, victor did great, Cozens had his only hat trick with Casey as his wing man. Why trade him.
Olofsson, Victor give him a decent set up forward and he will give you 30 goals, but a second is probably the best return possible.

I would not differ on a single one of these values.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 7:37 p.m.
Quoting: Tjm220
Most people here are stupid. It’s harsh but it’s true. It’s also pretty damned unrealistic to expect the team to get rid of five or six players in one off-season. Most likely one or two of the players listed might be traded. There’s no reason to move Jost, Jokiharju, or Mittelstadt, and unless there’s a significant upgrade available, Olofsson isn’t going anywhere either. Bryson and Comrie can both be upgraded from, but it’s a question of who wants either one of them.

There could be a team looking for a cheaper back up goaltender and accepting Comrie. If the Sabres find a better option in free agency this off-season, assuming a trade for a veteran is off the table. I don’t expect them to go shopping for a goaltender in free agency, its trade or nothing gets done there. Bryson needs to go to a team that needs a mobile defenseman. He’s not very good in his own end, but when he was working the power-play and skating the puck up the ice he was at his best. Buffalo needs a more stay at home physical defender that can play in his place. The trouble is he makes more money than most teams would be willing to pay him, especially those that actually need a guy like that. I’m thinking about Washington and Tampa specifically who have older slow defensemen after the top pair, who can’t skate and get exploited for it. There could be other teams that might be interested in him, but you’re not getting much back.
You know people suck, I ask for a little help in realistically valuing some players, and only ( OLDNYIFAN) was a hero
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 7:56 p.m.
Quoting: Sabresforlife
You know people suck, I ask for a little help in realistically valuing some players, and only ( OLDNYIFAN) was a hero
Will add gretzkyghosts to hero rank but what do you think Mitts would be able to get?
Mar. 12, 2023 at 10:12 p.m.
Boeser, Garland would interest me from your list, other than Jokiharju, who would you pick from the list above?

Sabresforlife
Comrie, Eric 6th or 7th

I think I like Jost a little more than most and believe that a third might be a solid return. Other than that little change, this is pretty spot on.
Mar. 13, 2023 at 12:11 a.m.

Sabresforlife
Comrie, Eric 6th or 7th

Jokiharju would obviously garner interest from Vancouver as you said. Besides him, Mittlestadt could be a target if we believe he can be a 3C and Jost could possibly be an interesting 4th line pick up.

Something around Boeser/Garland for Mittlestadt is something I've brought up before but it didn't seem to get traction.
Mar. 13, 2023 at 1:54 p.m.
Quoting: Sabresforlife
Will add gretzkyghosts to hero rank but what do you think Mitts would be able to get? Thank you my friend. Back at you!
If it were me, some one would need to offer a first.
He is proving to be a good play maker and will work the boards to set up a play.
When he lined up with Jost and Olofsson, Victor was on fire.
When he lined up with Hinostroza and Cozens, Vinney got his first two goals of the season and Dylan got his first NHL hat trick.
He had a bad stretch in November but he is much better now.

Quoting: Boos
I think I like Jost a little more than most and believe that a third might be a solid return. Other than that little change, this is pretty spot on. OMW, when I saw we nabbed from the waiver wire it made my heart skip a beat.
The question was what will he return, but it would take a least a third to pry him away from me.
He seemed to light a fire in the belly of Casey when they were on the same line.
Now the flame is still burning, just now producing, but considering these past few games no one is.
Quoting: Canucks33
Jokiharju would obviously garner interest from Vancouver as you said. Besides him, Mittlestadt could be a target if we believe he can be a 3C and Jost could possibly be an interesting 4th line pick up.
Something around Boeser/Garland for Mittlestadt is something I've brought up before but it didn't seem to get traction. Not sure who said no but Buffalo could use a RW more than a center, Casey for Conor works for me.

Casey is already having a career year and will put up more pts than his previous two seasons.
He has lined up with Jost, Olofsson, Krebs and Asplund with some success.
When Cozens is his line mate they both are better.
A line of Casey-Dylan-Jack should prove to be very productive once Alex returns.
Mar. 13, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
Casey is already having a career year and will put up more pts than his previous two seasons.
He has lined up with Jost, Olofsson, Krebs and Asplund with some success.
When Cozens is his line mate they both are better.
A line of Casey-Dylan-Jack should prove to be very productive once Alex returns.

I believe Mitts and Jost had similar issues with their respective teams when it came to their developmental path. Mitts left college too early (which i believe was on him) and went right to a full-time spot on the big club in 2018-19. From what I was told by a couple Avs fans, Jost also only spent one season in college and only played 5 of his 70 pro games in 2017-18 with Colorado's AHL affiliate in San Antonio.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll