SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Draft day trade

Created by: Jfstompers
Published: Mar. 12, 2023 at 10:17 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 32/185 (17%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2023 2nd round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---010------
2024 4th round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Colton, RossTampa Bay LightningNHL-$194,595011---65151227--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$8,452,2912244765815
Change-$194,5951110-1-1
Final$8,257,696 (↓)23 (↑)45 (↑)77 (↑)57 (↓)14 (↓)151227

Logo of the Tampa Bay LightningTampa Bay Lightning

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Colton, RossTampa Bay LightningNHL-$1,125,000011---65151227--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2023 2nd round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---010------
2024 4th round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$507,4672349690311
Change$1,125,000-1-1-1011
Final$1,632,467 (↑)22 (↓)48 (↓)68 (↓)04 (↑)12 (↑)-15-12-27
Mar. 12, 2023 at 11:47 p.m.
Canucks sorta homer
I think that's a bit too much for Colton.
aedoran and JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Mar. 13, 2023 at 2:59 p.m.
Quoting: Hitagi_Senpai
I think that's a bit too much for Colton.

I tend to disagree on the value, but the situation dictates you're probably right. He's a great 3rd line guy who can play up in the line up if needed. TB probably can't afford to sign him in the offseason, so DET might be able to get him for a 3rd. And he's a Stevey Y guy............
Jfstompers liked this.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 7:54 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
I tend to disagree on the value, but the situation dictates you're probably right. He's a great 3rd line guy who can play up in the line up if needed. TB probably can't afford to sign him in the offseason, so DET might be able to get him for a 3rd. And he's a Stevey Y guy............

You're higher than a satellite if you think TB GIVES I means GIVES Colton AWAY for a third. The team that doesn't care about picks does that??! Seriously???????
Mar. 15, 2023 at 8:07 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
You're higher than a satellite if you think TB GIVES I means GIVES Colton AWAY for a third. The team that doesn't care about picks does that??! Seriously???????

Maybe you should look at your cap situation.........you have minimal $$$ to sign 8 players. New deals kick in next year for Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak. Ross is due a decent size raise, and he has Arb rights
Mar. 16, 2023 at 11:35 a.m.
Maybe you should look at your cap situation.........you have minimal $$$ to sign 8 players. New deals kick in next year for Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak. Ross is due a decent size raise, and he has Arb rights

I have many times even if he gets traded (I highly doubt ) he gets a NHL ready younger player TB isn't trading for picks. He signs a 3 year bridge at 25-2.8 Jeannot signs 6x2.5 around what has been reported his asking price in Nashville.
Mar. 16, 2023 at 7:02 p.m.
I have many times even if he gets traded (I highly doubt ) he gets a NHL ready younger player TB isn't trading for picks. He signs a 3 year bridge at 25-2.8 Jeannot signs 6x2.5 around what has been reported his asking price in Nashville.

but the math doesn't work. You've got 2.4M in current cap space. Then add Seabrooks LTIR cap of 6.875M giving you 9.275M. Both Jeannot and Ross have Arb rights, and it's doubtful they sign a team friendly deal before a hearing. Ross isn't signing a 3 year bridge when he can become a UFA after next year. And Jeannot isn't going to sign long term for that low amount. At the very least he'll be looking at a Nick Paul type contract.

But, using your contract numbers, combined they'll be $5M. Leaving 4.275 to sign 6 guys.
Mar. 16, 2023 at 11:26 p.m.
Edited Mar. 16, 2023 at 11:33 p.m.
but the math doesn't work. You've got 2.4M in current cap space. Then add Seabrooks LTIR cap of 6.875M giving you 9.275M. Both Jeannot and Ross have Arb rights, and it's doubtful they sign a team friendly deal before a hearing. Ross isn't signing a 3 year bridge when he can become a UFA after next year. And Jeannot isn't going to sign long term for that low amount. At the very least he'll be looking at a Nick Paul type contract.

But, using your contract numbers, combined they'll be $5M. Leaving 4.275 to sign 6 guys.

5 TB has been going 22 Almost all year this year, and will again next they just started running 23 when they dumped Vladdy Namestnikov cap hit
Mar. 16, 2023 at 11:43 p.m.
5 TB has been going 22 Almost all year this year, and will again next they just started running 23 when they dumped Vladdy Namestnikov cap hit

Fair enough, but what if both Jeannot and Colton come in with Arb #'s at $4M and TB comes in at $2 and the arbitrator decides on $3M each? TB has hardly anything in the pipeline and a couple players with buried penalties. The only way they make things work is if they move a big contract like McDonough last offseason. And look what it did to their D. Are they gonna move Stamkos?
Mar. 16, 2023 at 11:44 p.m.
Fair enough, but what if both Jeannot and Colton come in with Arb #'s at $4M and TB comes in at $2 and the arbitrator decides on $3M each? TB has hardly anything in the pipeline and a couple players with buried penalties. The only way they make things work is if they move a big contract like McDonough last offseason. And look what it did to their D. Are they gonna move Stamkos?

They can't. Literally unless he waived all they can do is buy him out and that's not even a league minimum contract in cap saving. You're assuming they don't sign club friendly deals it's been known to happen in TB
Mar. 16, 2023 at 11:46 p.m.
They can't

Agreed. So they may have to move Colton for less than they want, just to recoup for the farm system.
Mar. 16, 2023 at 11:55 p.m.
Edited Mar. 17, 2023 at 12:05 a.m.
Agreed. So they may have to move Colton for less than they want, just to recoup for the farm system.

Not happening even if they have to trade him a F***ING WORTHLESS THIRD SURE THE FU** DOESN'T DO IT. Do you think only Detroit would be interested? If the do trade him it's most likely in a Hagel type package.
Mar. 17, 2023 at 1:11 p.m.
Not happening even if they have to trade him a F***ING WORTHLESS THIRD SURE THE FU** DOESN'T DO IT. Do you think only Detroit would be interested? If the do trade him it's most likely in a Hagel type package.

Dude, if you think you're getting 2 firsts for Ross Colton, you should check into rehab right now. It's possible they get more, but teams know how cap strapped the Lightning are
Mar. 17, 2023 at 1:27 p.m.
Dude, if you think you're getting 2 firsts for Ross Colton, you should check into rehab right now. It's possible they get more, but teams know how cap strapped the Lightning are

I didn't mean the whole exact return but a bigger package that brings a younger NHL READY ELC TO TB. TB isn't interested in picks.
Btw who was the last young player TB developed they wanted to keep they lost?
Mar. 17, 2023 at 1:32 p.m.
Edited Mar. 17, 2023 at 1:39 p.m.

Btw they're able to open enough cap by sending Myers and a 5 to college station I mean AZ for FC. Thank you for agreeing with indisputable facts .
Mar. 17, 2023 at 2:13 p.m.
Btw they're able to open enough cap by sending Myers and a 5 to college station I mean AZ for FC. Thank you for agreeing with indisputable facts .

Sure, that would open up cap space, but why would ARI do it? No one is helping a team that's been to 3 straight SCF. TB has to start thinking about the future. They have one of the worst farm systems in the league and no high end picks in the next 3 drafts. They overpaid for Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev. They're gonna have to pay up for Hagel in 2 yrs. They're D isn't nearly as scary as it used to be.
No team is going to trade a young ELC contract player who's on par or better than Colton for him. It doesn't make sense capwise.
Mar. 17, 2023 at 2:33 p.m.
Sure, that would open up cap space, but why would ARI do it? No one is helping a team that's been to 3 straight SCF. TB has to start thinking about the future. They have one of the worst farm systems in the league and no high end picks in the next 3 drafts. They overpaid for Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev. They're gonna have to pay up for Hagel in 2 yrs. They're D isn't nearly as scary as it used to be.
No team is going to trade a young ELC contract player who's on par or better than Colton for him. It doesn't make sense capwise.

Bulls*** they overpaid for any of them in 2 years every one of those contracts looks like a bargain. Anyone of them gets that+ on the open market easily. Sergachev or Seth Jones give me Sergey all DAY EVERYDAY!!! Better, Younger, cheaper. Cirelli wins Selke trophies in his career,Cernak is just a beast shut down defender.
Mar. 17, 2023 at 2:40 p.m.

So he's just a third liner?🙄 On TB yes this isn't Detroit though. Where third liners are 3/4th liners this is TB where Black aces here are top 6 elsewhere Jonathan Marchessault, Carter Verheaghe, Taylor Raddysh,. Dudes ave 22/82 g/gp with 23 mpg you should check into rehab if you think that only brings a 3 to a team that doesn't give a rats a$$ about picks
Mar. 17, 2023 at 3:56 p.m.
Bulls*** they overpaid for any of them in 2 years every one of those contracts looks like a bargain. Anyone of them gets that+ on the open market easily. Sergachev or Seth Jones give me Sergey all DAY EVERYDAY!!! Better, Younger, cheaper. Cirelli wins Selke trophies in his career,Cernak is just a beast shut down defender.

So he's just a third liner?🙄 On TB yes this isn't Detroit though. Where third liners are 3/4th liners this is TB where Black aces here are top 6 elsewhere Jonathan Marchessault, Carter Verheaghe, Taylor Raddysh,. Dudes ave 22/82 g/gp with 23 mpg you should check into rehab if you think that only brings a 3 to a team that doesn't give a rats a$$ about picks

Homer fans are the worst..................
i've always liked Cirelli, but he's oft injured and doesn't have the offense numbers for that deal
Sergachev might be worth it if you compare him to Jones, but most of these Dmen that got overpaid young aren't worth the $$
Cernak is a decent Dman, but shutdown guys aren't worth over $5m

Open market comparisons don't count........there's always desperate teams out there.

Colton is a third liner, with 2nd line upside. He can be moved around the line up easily, but he's not a full time top 6 winger.

I guess we'll see what happens in the off seasom..........
Mar. 17, 2023 at 4:22 p.m.
Edited Mar. 17, 2023 at 4:33 p.m.
Homer fans are the worst..................
i've always liked Cirelli, but he's oft injured and doesn't have the offense numbers for that deal
Sergachev might be worth it if you compare him to Jones, but most of these Dmen that got overpaid young aren't worth the $$
Cernak is a decent Dman, but shutdown guys aren't worth over $5m

Open market comparisons don't count........there's always desperate teams out there.

Colton is a third liner, with 2nd line upside. He can be moved around the line up easily, but he's not a full time top 6 winger.

I guess we'll see what happens in the off seasom..........

Oft injured he other than this year when he had off season surgery. He's missed 0,2,6,6 14 games in 4 years. Better to say nothing and be thought a fool than opening ones mouth and removing all doubt.
Dude will win Selke trophies.
Cernak is better (Bigger,Younger Stronger ) than Carlo, Murphy. McCabe and will. Only make a little more.
I'd love to see your (at the time evaluations of Jonathan Marchessault, Carter Verheaghe, Taylor Raddysh) Colton isn't a full time top 6 Because TB is so deep he would be on Detroit and 20 other teams on the league.
Phillip Danault makes 5.5 Cirelli is definitely worth more than Danault (no offense to him) by the way a player is worth whatever a team is willing to pay him so, if Julien Brisebois believes Sergachev would get 85 or better on the open market where it takes only one to overpay it's worth giving him the certainty.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll