SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

‘23 mock

‘23 mock

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: RealHavocc
Published: Mar. 18, 2023 at 4:19 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-No doubt about it… right?
2Logo of the San Jose Sharks-There are different ways the Sharks could go here at 2 for sure, but I feel like Fantilli is the best option, he can really do it all
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-They didn’t get Bedard or Fantilli, but Carlsson is a great consolation prize
4Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I do kind of expect Michkov to fall, but I feel like the ducks here would be fine to take him and wait a bit, Verbeek knows how talented Michkov is and he already has a good young forward core with guys like Zegras, McTavish, Perreault, and Gaucher to name a few, so it makes sense for them to add to that, they just will have to wait a couple years
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal has a great young forward core, why not add to that with a future 2C in Will Smith
6Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Benson may be a little guy but he is tenacious, he plays confidently as if he’s someone 6’3 180 lbs even when he’s only 5’8” 160. Seems like a Tortorella type of player
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Sale is a great playmaking winger with high upside, he would be a huge addition to the coyotes young core, potentially a 2nd line LW playing with maybe Doan and Geekie.
8Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Cristall is another high-IQ playmaking winger that would definitely fit well into the Canucks system with guys like Pettersson, Lekkerimaki, Boeser, etc.
9Logo of the St. Louis Blues-For the Blues, they could go many ways, but after losing Tarasenko and O’Reilly they would have a real hard time passing up on a skilled Center like Dvorsky
10Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-This was a tough decision to make as a wings fan, I was stuck between Barlow and ASP, after consideration I decided on Barlow, he’s a strong, physical winger who can bury the puck with ease, he will be a weapon on the PP as soon as he breaks into the league.
11Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsFirst defender off the board here in ASP, after losing Chychrun the Coyotes will definitely need some help on the defensive end now, and they might as well use the puck they got for Chychrun on his “replacement” right?
12Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres add to their strong young forward group with Oliver Moore, a quick, skilled playmaker who can play Center and wing, one of my favourite players in this draft class for sure
13Logo of the Washington Capitals-The capitals will be adding to their offense with a great player in Ryan Leonard, hes physical, and can score with ease, he is essentially a better Anthony Mantha and would for sure fit on a line with 2022 1st rounder Ivan Miroshnichenko in the future.
14Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersMontreal already took a forward in Smith, so let’s even it out with Gulyayev
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville is gonna go with another forward this year, can’t pass up on Matthew Wood here
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Though small, Perron is an amazing offensive talent, speedy playmaking winger, someone any team would love, the flames will love this kid
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersTime for the Hronek replacement for Detroit, this also means back to back years of drafting Austrians in the first round, Reinbacher is amazing
18Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Though he’s not as highly touted as he was a year ago, Pittsburgh would love Yager, he will be a great top 6 Center after Crosby and/or Malkin hang up the skates.
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-This may be considered a reach, but the Jets need defense, and I just don’t love Dragicevic, and Simashev is amazing, defensive, physical defender who will work great in the Jets system
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Though I’m not a big fan of Dragicevic, he’s probably the guy for Seattle here, they don’t have many top end defensive prospects besides Ryker Evans, so they could use someone like Dragicevic
21Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersThird defender in a row here, Nashville is the best at developing young defenders, and I think Lindstein still has really high potential and they can definitely bring that out in him there.
22Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-I expect that the Avs will go best player available here and that’s gotta be Heidt who is not a bad option at all
23Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
24Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Dallas Stars
25Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
26Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the New York Rangers
27Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
28Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
30Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
32Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
Mar. 18, 2023 at 5:19 p.m.
If you want to even it out with a defenceman for MTL, they’d go Reinbacher, MTL has an abundance of LD’s in the system
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 18, 2023 at 5:55 p.m.
I'd actually cry if we took Barlow over Oliver Moore.
Mar. 18, 2023 at 6:05 p.m.
Man, I Miss Bert
Quoting: Wings_Fan13
I'd actually cry if we took Barlow over Oliver Moore.

For me it’s between Barlow, Leonard or ASP with our first pick, Moore isn’t someone we necessarily need when we have Larkin and Berggren in the top 6 that play a very similar style, with Bertuzzi gone we need physicality bad and Barlow is very physical and also assesses the need for goal-scoring
Mar. 18, 2023 at 7:36 p.m.
mokumboi
The first two Blues choices here are highly feasible. Not sure about Musty, they'd probably go for another Dman or trade up to get Danielson.
Mar. 18, 2023 at 7:54 p.m.
Man, I Miss Bert
Quoting: mokumboi
The first two Blues choices here are highly feasible. Not sure about Musty, they'd probably go for another Dman or trade up to get Danielson.

I wanted to go with no trades but they could definitely trade up or down with that pick
mokumboi liked this.
Mar. 19, 2023 at 12:45 a.m.
Quoting: RealHavocc
For me it’s between Barlow, Leonard or ASP with our first pick, Moore isn’t someone we necessarily need when we have Larkin and Berggren in the top 6 that play a very similar style, with Bertuzzi gone we need physicality bad and Barlow is very physical and also assesses the need for goal-scoring

Yzerman has always said he takes best player available, regardless of position or style needed. That being said, I feel we take one of Moore, Dvorsky, Sale, ASP or Leonard with that first pick. I could see Barlow, I just feel that there's several players ahead of him at our spot with upper end talent and potential. We'll see what Stevie Y does come draft day. Have a good one!
Mar. 19, 2023 at 1:04 a.m.
power forward
I have a few takes:

1. I love Barlow, but I think Stevie Y goes with ASP.

2. The Canadiens easily take Reinbacher if he's available.

3. I do prefer Cristall over Benson, but it can go either way. The Flyers needs LW over RW.

4. Chicago easily goes Michkov. If there's any team that can afford to wait on him, its the Blackhawks.

5. For Calgary, Heidt has a lot of Gaudreau qualities in him. But I don't hate the Perron pick at all, he's in the same situation as Lane Hutson. Really small, but no holes in his game.

6. As a Jets fan, I would go Bonk over Simashev. I could see a team reaching on him, it won't be the Jets unfortunately.

7. Final take. For the Sharks, you are spot on with Fantilli. He's the type of player that Grier is looking for. Prospect with size and like you said, can do it all. For the 30th pick, I think the Sharks go with Hrabal or Bjarnason. Preferably Hrabal, Grier has said that he wants high-quality goaltenders.
Mar. 19, 2023 at 1:11 a.m.
Quoting: Z0ra
I have a few takes:

3. I do prefer Cristall over Benson, but it can go either way. The Flyers needs LW over RW.

4. Chicago easily goes Michkov. If there's any team that can afford to wait on him, its the Blackhawks.

5. For Calgary, Heidt has a lot of Gaudreau qualities in him. But I don't hate the Perron pick at all, he's in the same situation as Lane Hutson. Really small, but no holes in his game.

6. As a Jets fan, I would go Bonk over Simashev. I could see a team reaching on him, it won't be the Jets unfortunately.

7. Final take. For the Sharks, you are spot on with Fantilli. He's the type of player that Grier is looking for. Prospect with size and like you said, can do it all. For the 30th pick, I think the Sharks go with Hrabal or Bjarnason. Preferably Hrabal, Grier has said that he wants high-quality goaltenders.

for me Hrabal is good but not elite and if Zeimmer is there at 30, and the sharks draft at 30 that’s a double reward 1, Zeimmer is a RW with top 6 sniper qualities, and the sharks are weak there and 2 it means NJD made the ECF and the 24 pick jumps to a 1st!!! plus we would draft 4 spots later and would hope Hrabal is still there. to me there are better goalies in 24 draft.
Mar. 19, 2023 at 2:21 p.m.
Man, I Miss Bert
I have a few takes:

When it comes to Yzerman, it’s really hard to predict who he’s gonna pick lol since 2019 the only 1st rounder I predicted right was Cossa after the trade up, but I trust whatever he does.

And for the Jets, I’m a big fan of Bonk, and was highly considering picking him there but I didn’t know if that was just my knights bias, as I’m from London, but he’s gonna be a great player and I’d love to see him with the jets.
Mar. 19, 2023 at 5:40 p.m.
Bedard23
I have a few takes:

I disagree with your statement on the Blackhawks. Yes we do have the wait time for him but you didn’t take into account these two facts:

1. Chicago drafting Russians is as common as shark attacks
2. Unless you really, really think Colton Dach will be a superstar at the nhl level apart from him the centre depth in the prospect pool is literally non existent while for the right wing we have Frank Nazar cooking in the NCAA

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll