Forums/Armchair-GM

No vlady no kane

Created by: AG_sweden
Team: 2023-24 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 27, 2023
Published: Mar. 27, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
- the team is a better team without them. Panarin can't play with offensive players, he cheats the game too much he needs forechecking defensive minded two-way forward to balance out Panarin's shortcomings.
- especially since keeping on of them means not resign one of the "young" players on the team, like Kakko, Laffy, Chytil or Miller.
- so I like this team. This is the direction I would go if I was Drury.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$4,225,000
2$867,000
2$850,000
2$2,500,000
4$4,500,000
2$785,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$777,000
3$1,350,000
3$1,750,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Swankler, Austen
3$950,000
Trades
NYR
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (NYR)
CHI
  1. 2024 1st round pick (NYR)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$84,025,416$610,892$515,000-$525,416
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$4,225,000$4,225,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW
RFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$797,500$797,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 27, 2023 at 3:17 a.m.
Exhausted Ranger Fan
We’re gonna need a top6 winger not fast
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 3:20 a.m.
GM
Quoting: Despise
We’re gonna need a top6 winger not fast

Well we don't have the cap for that and Fast got the best out of Panarin, unlike what Kane and Vlady been able to so far.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 7:52 a.m.
HockeyandMusic
That’s not a better team.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 8:06 a.m.
GM
Quoting: In_Utero
That’s not a better team.

Top 6 is a joke now (not on paper but how they are playing), so I beg to differ. Besides Panarin had his best career year play with fast as his Rw. That is not debatable, it is facts.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 9:14 a.m.
Quoting: AG_sweden
Top 6 is a joke now (not on paper but how they are playing), so I beg to differ. Besides Panarin had his best career year play with fast as his Rw. That is not debatable, it is facts.

In eleven games since deadline day 20 out of 40 goals were scored by their top 6 and someone from that top 6 has assisted on almost all of the goals scored by the rangers. They have won eight out of those 11 games. Relax man... if Kane and Vlady have been this productive and acclimated this well to a new team this quickly, just wait, because they are still figuring things out. Half of playing good hockey is chemistry and rhythm. Calling them "a joke" is a big stretch. Also, I would point to Buchnevich, Strome, and Zab as contributing to Panarin's success in the 19-20 season before saying it had anything to do with Fast.

That being said, I don't think either of them were ever considered to be long term pieces by the Rangers front office. They will both walk this summer. Though, even without them re-signing, the Rangers are still at risk of losing one of their key young players, unless they can move a large-ish contract. There are plenty of teams that could justify giving up a 2024 2nd and offer sheeting Laf/Chytil/Miller at $4.2M, and if Chytil and Miller get at least what you have proposed here (which they should pretty easily), the Rangers won't be able to match on Laf.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 9:28 a.m.
GM
Quoting: Garak
In eleven games since deadline day 20 out of 40 goals were scored by their top 6 and someone from that top 6 has assisted on almost all of the goals scored by the rangers. They have won eight out of those 11 games. Relax man... if Kane and Vlady have been this productive and acclimated this well to a new team this quickly, just wait, because they are still figuring things out. Half of playing good hockey is chemistry and rhythm. Calling them "a joke" is a big stretch. Also, I would point to Buchnevich, Strome, and Zab as contributing to Panarin's success in the 19-20 season before saying it had anything to do with Fast.

That being said, I don't think either of them were ever considered to be long term pieces by the Rangers front office. They will both walk this summer. Though, even without them re-signing, the Rangers are still at risk of losing one of their key young players, unless they can move a large-ish contract. There are plenty of teams that could justify giving up a 2024 2nd and offer sheeting Laf/Chytil/Miller at $4.2M, and if Chytil and Miller get at least what you have proposed here (which they should pretty easily), the Rangers won't be able to match on Laf.

You are not watching the games. Gallant keeps switching up the lines to squeeze wins out if this roster.
And Laffy might be dealt, but the rest of them will be signed but Laffy will get a strong prospect and first round middle of the pack pick at the very least.
Powerplay is down right awful.
It has actually become worse since getting Vlady and Kane. If they sign them next year I will stop watch hockey all together. (I'm semi hopping they do because invest in a team and players is just waist of time and life).
Fast allowed Panarin to be Panarin, he can't play real hockey if his life depended on it. And since Fast left Panarin's numbers have never been the same. So I beg to differ 🙃
Besides they can buyout Goodrow, it will cost them 200K this year if they get offersheeted.
So there goes that pipe dream for you wink
Garak liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 9:38 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Like what you did with the limited cap available. But even that may not be good enough, 21 man roster, if bonuses have to paid this year and carried over, and LAF accepts that contract.
AG_sweden liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 9:49 a.m.
GM
Quoting: palhal
Like what you did with the limited cap available. But even that may not be good enough, 21 man roster, if bonuses have to paid this year and carried over, and LAF accepts that contract.

If they can make him understand that after thar contact he will get paid I think Laffy could. I believe he would like to stay in NYR.
And to make it they might send on extra player down, to manage the cap.
The way I see it they only need to make it though next season. And hopefully don't max out again om the cap, but it is NYR so that is perhaps hoping on too much 😅
Mar. 27, 2023 at 10:29 a.m.
exo2769
You are not watching the games. Gallant keeps switching up the lines to squeeze wins out if this roster.
And Laffy might be dealt, but the rest of them will be signed but Laffy will get a strong prospect and first round middle of the pack pick at the very least.
It has actually become worse since getting Vlady and Kane. If they sign them next year I will stop watch hockey all together. (I'm semi hopping they do because invest in a team and players is just waist of time and life).
Fast allowed Panarin to be Panarin, he can't play real hockey if his life depended on it. And since Fast left Panarin's numbers have never been the same. So I beg to differ 🙃
Besides they can buyout Goodrow, it will cost them 200K this year if they get offersheeted.

I think a buyout of Goodrow actually HELPS the short-term cap by $200k, BUT also, isn't that a bit short sighted? Do you really want a $3.7M cap him looming down the road? Wouldn't it be better to trade him and retain?
Garak and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 10:52 a.m.
GM
Quoting: exo2769
I think a buyout of Goodrow actually HELPS the short-term cap by $200k, BUT also, isn't that a bit short sighted? Do you really want a $3.7M cap him looming down the road? Wouldn't it be better to trade him and retain?

When backed into a corner what do you do? I prefer that than giving away Laffy or Chytil for a 2nd if offersheeted.
exo2769 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 10:52 a.m.
Mods have power egos
Best option imo trade panarin to where ever for what ever I don't care. Let Kane walk. Sign kids and tank. Line up of
Kreider zibby tank
Kid line
Cuylle trocheck othmann
Motte goodrow vesey
PuzzledActuary liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 10:54 a.m.
Panarin sucks lol and his contract is LOL funny
Mar. 27, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.

I wasn't trying to attack you. I was trying to calm you down because I know how easy it can be to freak out and look at all the negatives when you are near the top of the league, but they will be fine. I am watching Rangers games. They look a bit messy at times, but they are getting it together and winning games. Most successful teams need to run line blenders and almost no teams run the same players together AT ALL TIMES. You need everyone to be able to play up and down the lineup and create different combinations for different situations and matchups.

Also, offer sheeting one of them isn't my personal pipe dream. I wouldn't mind acquiring one of them, but I honestly think it makes zero sense for CHI to do something like that any time soon. Also, the cost of a successful offer sheet at a $4.2M AAV is a 2nd round pick. That is why I said that, not because I think that is what they are worth. There is also a window for buyouts. The Rangers only have until June 30th to buyout Goodrow, after that they would be stuck with him. Most offer sheets would happen after that buyout window, so the Rangers wouldn't have that option. And it isn't just the Rangers that could be a victim of an offersheet. It was more of a general statement in regards to the flat cap. All I'm saying is it is more probable that an offer sheet could happen this summer than most other summers.
AG_sweden and exo2769 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.
Mods have power egos
Quoting: Datsyukian13
Panarin sucks lol and his contract is LOL funny

Panarin doesn't suck he's just all offense and that's not what this team is build for. He has no effort most of the time while back checking. But yes definitely overpaid
AG_sweden liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
Quoting: NYRxLundqvist
Panarin doesn't suck he's just all offense and that's not what this team is build for. He has no effort most of the time while back checking. But yes definitely overpaid

He is incredibly mediocre (especially in the playoffs) and is absurdly overpaid. They never will but moving him should be priority 1.
AG_sweden liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 11:46 a.m.
Its a question how much panarin have influence on menedgment. If one of them will say what he signing lower than in free market, panarin can pressure gm to sign one of his buddy (and looks like he dont like laf and kakko ).
Mar. 27, 2023 at 1:18 p.m.
GM
I wasn't trying to attack you. I was trying to calm you down because I know how easy it can be to freak out and look at all the negatives when you are near the top of the league, but they will be fine. I am watching Rangers games. They look a bit messy at times, but they are getting it together and winning games. Most successful teams need to run line blenders and almost no teams run the same players together AT ALL TIMES. You need everyone to be able to play up and down the lineup and create different combinations for different situations and matchups.

Also, offer sheeting one of them isn't my personal pipe dream. I wouldn't mind acquiring one of them, but I honestly think it makes zero sense for CHI to do something like that any time soon. Also, the cost of a successful offer sheet at a $4.2M AAV is a 2nd round pick. That is why I said that, not because I think that is what they are worth. There is also a window for buyouts. The Rangers only have until June 30th to buyout Goodrow, after that they would be stuck with him. Most offer sheets would happen after that buyout window, so the Rangers wouldn't have that option. And it isn't just the Rangers that could be a victim of an offersheet. It was more of a general statement in regards to the flat cap. All I'm saying is it is more probable that an offer sheet could happen this summer than most other summers.

No it is okay, you too many bad memories when NYR been in similar situations and completely blown it. It seems whatever they do that is the wrong move. Just hopeless everything 😶
Garak liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 1:22 p.m.
GM
Quoting: aktobos71
Its a question how much panarin have influence on menedgment. If one of them will say what he signing lower than in free market, panarin can pressure gm to sign one of his buddy (and looks like he dont like laf and kakko ).

Kakko definitely, he said that he doesn't like playing with him. The only chance the kid line has if they become good enough to become the first line. I was against of signing Panarin but then he had that first really good year 2019, and I was like, hm... maybe I wad wrong, but sadly it seems like I wasn't.
aktobos71 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 2:18 p.m.
No it is okay, you too many bad memories when NYR been in similar situations and completely blown it. It seems whatever they do that is the wrong move. Just hopeless everything 😶

I know the feels. Hopefully you are wrong. I want that 1st round pick! haha
AG_sweden and exo2769 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 2:26 p.m.
GM
I know the feels. Hopefully you are wrong. I want that 1st round pick! haha

You probably get that first round pick smile most likely anyway. But I followed NYR 1993. And they won that season and haven't been able to follow thar up since. At least you CHI fans been blessed with a great franchise. I really can't say the same for me.
And it is mostly because they give too long contracts, too much money to players at the end of there careers, this is why this is so aggravating for me :/
Garak and exo2769 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 2:44 p.m.
You probably get that first round pick smile most likely anyway. But I followed NYR 1993. And they won that season and haven't been able to follow thar up since. At least you CHI fans been blessed with a great franchise. I really can't say the same for me.
And it is mostly because they give too long contracts, too much money to players at the end of there careers, this is why this is so aggravating for me :/

CHI did all of that too. We probably could have won more cups without all the cap issues, bad contracts, and giving up on prospects too soon. Also, CHI is the same franchise that covered up what happened to Kyle Beach for a decade and keeps stumbling in their attempts to regain public trust. Every franchise has their problems. But so far our new GM's plan seems promising and the rest of the front offices hearts seem to be in the right place, even if their execution and decision making isn't very good. We probably won't really be able to tell for at least 5 to 10 years though.
AG_sweden liked this.
Mar. 27, 2023 at 6:06 p.m.
Ben Harpur as an actual NHL regular is brutal. As a fill-in he's fine, but full season, nope. Same goes for Fast on the first line. Having chemistry with Panarin 3 years ago was always overrated - see Strome, and Kane - in reality the most beneficial thing to have chemistry wise with Panarin is a lefty shot on the RW who can actually score, an an RD with them who can read plays and join the rush. D'Angelo/Panarin was where Panarin's 2019-20 form was at, not Fast. Panarin has that same kind of chemistry with Fox who is better than DeAngelo, but GG needs to stop playing him with Kane and Trocheck because those guys don't naturally go to areas where Panarin likes to distribute the puck. Panarin-Kane 7 years ago because back then Panarin was more of a shooter. I really think they need to move the Goodrow contract to have any flexibility with the cap this summer.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll