LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C
RFA - 3
$918,333$918,333
C, RW
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$855,000$855,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$836,667$836,667 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 3
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 28, 2023 at 2:41 p.m.
Hughes isn't going to make a big splash for Dubois. Winnipeg has no leverage.
Just_A_Guess and RoiArthur liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 2:44 p.m.
Quoting: EvanderKanesLawyer

He's going to try and squeeze a deal, but it won't be much more than the value of our '24 1st & 3rd.
RoiArthur liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 2:54 p.m.
Cedric Archambault

Quoting: Just_A_Guess
He's going to try and squeeze a deal, but it won't be much more than the value of our '24 1st & 3rd.

I agreed, but he’s still a gm that give what the other teams need to be a fair trade.

Technically, if a 1st a 3rd should do it; could Dvorak (maybe winnipeg need as ready nhl replacement) and Norlinder (as the 3rd pick) And probably Kidney as a young center prospect.
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 2:57 p.m.
Quoting: CeceHuey
I agreed, but he’s still a gm that give what the other teams need to be a fair trade.

Technically, if a 1st a 3rd should do it; could Dvorak (maybe winnipeg need as ready nhl replacement) and Norlinder (as the 3rd pick) And probably Kidney as a young center prospect.

I personally wouldn't pay any more than that.
MTLaveragefan and Just_A_Guess liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:04 p.m.
I post sometimes
PLD is a nice shortcut to the rebuild to which KH is comitted...

Or like a uber you can take on your way to the bar to skip a 15 minute walk to the metro station.... but there is also a bus that goes direct coming in 10 mins. The question becomes - if you are willing to pay to skip 15 min of walk or wait 10 mins.

If the uber will only cost me 8$, i'll consider it - if we are talking 25$ - i'll take public transit.
Caufield and Went_Wughes liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:22 p.m.
Just switch out norlinder for Mailloux and it's om the money
Mar. 28, 2023 at 4:47 p.m.
I think what you have to ask your self is what would a team pay at the trade deadline for Dubois. If Montreal offers any less than that, they will need to wait until he is a free agent. Which could be a good thing for them. I think a contending team at the deadline will offer up a 1st, albeit a high pick, a top end prospect, and probably a NHL ready player with term. I honestly think that is where it starts. It may be a no from Montreal then, and that is okay. Elliotte Friedman reported that the deal that has been discussed starts with Dach. I see a lot of guys on here saying that will never happen. I don't know, I think Friedman knows a little more than us.
Mar. 29, 2023 at 10:26 p.m.
Cedric Archambault
Quoting: Cory
I think what you have to ask your self is what would a team pay at the trade deadline for Dubois. If Montreal offers any less than that, they will need to wait until he is a free agent. Which could be a good thing for them. I think a contending team at the deadline will offer up a 1st, albeit a high pick, a top end prospect, and probably a NHL ready player with term. I honestly think that is where it starts. It may be a no from Montreal then, and that is okay. Elliotte Friedman reported that the deal that has been discussed starts with Dach. I see a lot of guys on here saying that will never happen. I don't know, I think Friedman knows a little more than us.

Dach is a part of the core team. Dvorak is a NHL ready player. Friedman said that Dubois seems like a Patrick Kane Situation. IF it is... i don't think Winnipeg will let Dubois go for nothing.
Thinking Winnipeg paid Laine for Dubois and then nothing... not sure!

Quoting: Howie
Just switch out norlinder for Mailloux and it's om the money

I think Mailloux is untouchable because of his PENDING situation, MIGHT not be able to trade him since he have to meet Betman first.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:16 a.m.
Banned
I personally wouldn't pay any more than that.

Why even pay that much. Wait until UFA. Or essentially trade for nego rights. No reason to send value to Winnipeg. Even TDL will be hopeless for them, as the team aquiring him would already know he wont re-sign. I dont even see Chev bringing him back next year to flounder and coast on another team he doesn't want to play for. Expect a Kane return. Not a Meier.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:21 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: MTLaveragefan
PLD is a nice shortcut to the rebuild to which KH is comitted...

Or like a uber you can take on your way to the bar to skip a 15 minute walk to the metro station.... but there is also a bus that goes direct coming in 10 mins. The question becomes - if you are willing to pay to skip 15 min of walk or wait 10 mins.

If the uber will only cost me 8$, i'll consider it - if we are talking 25$ - i'll take public transit.

As an NDGer. This speaks to me. And, I agree 100%. No reason to pay anything, except for negotiating rights. Beyond that, good luck Winnipeg, I'll get some chips and a Guinness, and get my chuckles ready.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: Went_Wughes
Why even pay that much. Wait until UFA. Or essentially trade for nego rights. No reason to send value to Winnipeg. Even TDL will be hopeless for them, as the team aquiring him would already know he wont re-sign. I dont even see Chev bringing him back next year to flounder and coast on another team he doesn't want to play for. Expect a Kane return. Not a Meier.

Yk he can be traded anywhere as a rental right. There isn't trade protection regarding where he can and won't play. So they can trade him as a pure rental for the best return which he may not want to sign but ultimately a team acquiring him value him to aquire him and may put a bid before the habs get a chance to. Also could be a full year rental vs 20-30 games from the tdl so that also helps the return as you get him for more games where he can have an impact. Fact is it's not mtl or bust for here he can be dealt and if you don't want him then don't say he's worthless as the jets can just move on to the next team in line for his services
Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:29 p.m.
Banned
Yk he can be traded anywhere as a rental right. There isn't trade protection regarding where he can and won't play. So they can trade him as a pure rental for the best return which he may not want to sign but ultimately a team acquiring him value him to aquire him and may put a bid before the habs get a chance to. Also could be a full year rental vs 20-30 games from the tdl so that also helps the return as you get him for more games where he can have an impact. Fact is it's not mtl or bust for here he can be dealt and if you don't want him then don't say he's worthless as the jets can just move on to the next team in line for his services

Do you take in the whole picture?? He has abandoned 2 teams. He has no value. Sure he can be traded to other teams. But he won't stay beyond next season. A true rental, without possibility of extension. Will he play 100%? Will he be a cancer? Will he demand a trade to Montreal? What value is a team actually getting? What assurances of a dedicated team mate and effective hockey player are they getting? There are sooo many underlining aspects, that give Winnipeg very little leverage and Dubois very little value via trade.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
Do you take in the whole picture?? He has abandoned 2 teams. He has no value. Sure he can be traded to other teams. But he won't stay beyond next season. A true rental, without possibility of extension. Will he play 100%? Will he be a cancer? Will he demand a trade to Montreal? What value is a team actually getting? What assurances of a dedicated team mate and effective hockey player are they getting? There are sooo many underlining aspects, that give Winnipeg very little leverage and Dubois very little value via trade.

He still has a base trade value as a 1c maybe 2 c behind a great center say again Aho on the Canes. Why wouldn't a team trying to win the cup give up what is likely a late first a young prospect that may not get it together am some other asset. The fact is Dubois is having the best season of his career and if he's available guaranteed teams would line up for his services as he provides great value and a playstyle that is hard to find in the caliber player he is. Sure you may not get to resign him but for some that's a good thing as the price would be lower due to that fact. He ultimately is going to be signed for next year and if he's traded still needs to be respectful for mtl to still want him. If he acts like a baby after being traded as a Rental and has these concerns would you even still want him. Also he has value just based on how many players that are below 25 that are 1b type of c that can do what he does? There is also room for him to improve at his age with the right team to support him and if he finds great success he could consider resigning. I think that you just want to nitpick any reason against Dubois' value so you can justify a trade that doesn't benefit winnipeg at all.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:46 p.m.
Banned
He still has a base trade value as a 1c maybe 2 c behind a great center say again Aho on the Canes. Why wouldn't a team trying to win the cup give up what is likely a late first a young prospect that may not get it together am some other asset. The fact is Dubois is having the best season of his career and if he's available guaranteed teams would line up for his services as he provides great value and a playstyle that is hard to find in the caliber player he is. Sure you may not get to resign him but for some that's a good thing as the price would be lower due to that fact. He ultimately is going to be signed for next year and if he's traded still needs to be respectful for mtl to still want him. If he acts like a baby after being traded as a Rental and has these concerns would you even still want him. Also he has value just based on how many players that are below 25 that are 1b type of c that can do what he does? There is also room for him to improve at his age with the right team to support him and if he finds great success he could consider resigning. I think that you just want to nitpick any reason against Dubois' value so you can justify a trade that doesn't benefit winnipeg at all.

Why are you splitting out discussion over 2 threads? Avoiding answers on another thread doesn't make you right on this one.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:48 p.m.
Banned

Winnipeg will not get value for him. Sad but true.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
Winnipeg will not get value for him. Sad but true.

You know he can be traded as a RENTAL right like I don't see why you don't understand that even with the concerns that a team may face they get a 1b c for cheap which with his style aren't typically available. To get someone like Dubois at a low price would allow for a team to really push for a cup. I don't see why you bring up Kane as there is no correlation to each other. Dubois is signed or arbitration will be 1y with no trade protection and if traded he can go to any of the 31 teams that makes the best offer. It doesn't matter if he wants to play for mtl as he has no say in where he's moved. Kane was having a down year full nmc where he only wanted to go to one team and the other 30 were out. This resulted in a return that was low due to nyr not having to give the best offer as there was no competition. The difference here is even if mtl wants him if they send a 2nd only what's stopping the jets from saying no and moving him to one of the 30 other teams for more. There is no connection between them which is why it's a poor way to rationalize a poor return. Look at a player like orlov for example he got a return of a 1st with hathaway included but looks likely to go to ufa. Does that mean since he's gonna go ufa that he should have only returned a 3rd? No because as a rental he still provides a lot for a team trying to go all the way and is the cost of putting together a team that can do it. So sure he may not get all the assets in the world I'm not saying that but to say that he's going to get a return of equivalently a 2nd with the rational behind it doesn't connect. The fact is Dubois is a player that is going to maximize what he earns and to jeopardize it by acting like a child and forcing a team like he did could be the difference between getting what he wants and millions of dollars over his next long term deal. So he has this value for what he will be able to bring and the upside of possibly being a ppg c that can be a physical presence. If boston loses both c to retirement who's to say they don't go for Dubois to try and run it back with pasta and Marchand still playing good.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:10 p.m.
Banned
You know he can be traded as a RENTAL right like I don't see why you don't understand that even with the concerns that a team may face they get a 1b c for cheap which with his style aren't typically available. To get someone like Dubois at a low price would allow for a team to really push for a cup. I don't see why you bring up Kane as there is no correlation to each other. Dubois is signed or arbitration will be 1y with no trade protection and if traded he can go to any of the 31 teams that makes the best offer. It doesn't matter if he wants to play for mtl as he has no say in where he's moved. Kane was having a down year full nmc where he only wanted to go to one team and the other 30 were out. This resulted in a return that was low due to nyr not having to give the best offer as there was no competition. The difference here is even if mtl wants him if they send a 2nd only what's stopping the jets from saying no and moving him to one of the 30 other teams for more. There is no connection between them which is why it's a poor way to rationalize a poor return. Look at a player like orlov for example he got a return of a 1st with hathaway included but looks likely to go to ufa. Does that mean since he's gonna go ufa that he should have only returned a 3rd? No because as a rental he still provides a lot for a team trying to go all the way and is the cost of putting together a team that can do it. So sure he may not get all the assets in the world I'm not saying that but to say that he's going to get a return of equivalently a 2nd with the rational behind it doesn't connect. The fact is Dubois is a player that is going to maximize what he earns and to jeopardize it by acting like a child and forcing a team like he did could be the difference between getting what he wants and millions of dollars over his next long term deal. So he has this value for what he will be able to bring and the upside of possibly being a ppg c that can be a physical presence. If boston loses both c to retirement who's to say they don't go for Dubois to try and run it back with pasta and Marchand still playing good.

History is the best teacher. But you can extrapolate all you want.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:13 p.m.
Banned

From our other thread:

He can be. But what Dubois are they getting? A player that will respect the contact and go through the boards for the Canes' to win? Or a player that will coast and want out and be unhappy and demand a trade?

Who? Who will they get? Will the Canes ante up for that? Or will the spend their assets on something of more concrete value that they could retain?

The issue isn't who the Jets can sell to. The issue is finding confident buyers. Take care.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
From our other thread:

He can be. But what Dubois are they getting? A player that will respect the contact and go through the boards for the Canes' to win? Or a player that will coast and want out and be unhappy and demand a trade?

Who? Who will they get? Will the Canes ante up for that? Or will the spend their assets on something of more concrete value that they could retain?

The issue isn't who the Jets can sell to. The issue is finding confident buyers. Take care.

Who wouldn't want him lol. For the price of a 1b c look at Boston they have their top 2 c at agr 36 and probably need a c to play next year to play either 1 or 2 c. Sure they may have Coyle play there but it's not ideal. The whole thing about Dubois as a rental is teams can aquire him for less than what it would be like for horvat as he would have signed with some teams but Dubois can be a full year rental. Teams will always be trying to improve their teams and any team that acquires pld significantly improved their team and odds at playoff success. So yeah he may not have all 31 teams asking about him but there will be a good amount that see what he can bring and know he may not sign but ultimately pay a price to bring him in to help them get it done
Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:40 p.m.
Banned
Who wouldn't want him lol. For the price of a 1b c look at Boston they have their top 2 c at agr 36 and probably need a c to play next year to play either 1 or 2 c. Sure they may have Coyle play there but it's not ideal. The whole thing about Dubois as a rental is teams can aquire him for less than what it would be like for horvat as he would have signed with some teams but Dubois can be a full year rental. Teams will always be trying to improve their teams and any team that acquires pld significantly improved their team and odds at playoff success. So yeah he may not have all 31 teams asking about him but there will be a good amount that see what he can bring and know he may not sign but ultimately pay a price to bring him in to help them get it done

Again. History is the best teacher.

You have a player openly wanting out of his second franchise by age 24.

Who is going to invest in this confidently?

It's a market driven business. Any failing irresponsible asset will scare investors. No difference here.

You can find any buyer you want. Would they be confident paying market value for an unknown. Or invest where they will get/gain capital.

Simple answers. And, unfortunately, Jets are holding the short end.

Again, you are making many assumptions and thinking your player hasn't backed your team into a very unique and consequential situation. There isn't a normal solution for the Jets. You need to look at this as more than.. a center.. and a team and.. stats and a trade.

Take care.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 4:29 p.m.
Again. History is the best teacher.

You have a player openly wanting out of his second franchise by age 24.

Who is going to invest in this confidently?

It's a market driven business. Any failing irresponsible asset will scare investors. No difference here.

You can find any buyer you want. Would they be confident paying market value for an unknown. Or invest where they will get/gain capital.

Simple answers. And, unfortunately, Jets are holding the short end.

Again, you are making many assumptions and thinking your player hasn't backed your team into a very unique and consequential situation. There isn't a normal solution for the Jets. You need to look at this as more than.. a center.. and a team and.. stats and a trade.

Take care.

They aren't paying market value tho as it would be a Default of a rental that would be going to ufa. If the team aquiring him wants an idea if he'd extend discussions can be made and thus the price goes up slightly as there is the increased chance of retaining him beyond the 1 year and compensation for that would be needed.

A team that would invest in pld confidently is the team that knows he is a rental and probably gone after the season but for what he would be able to add to a contender is massive let alone taking him away from other potential parties also interested in him.

It wouldn't scare the investing team as they know that he will have to be a respectful player and asset to whatever happens and to not do so is a lose-lose as Dubois could forgo millions of one action and his agent will be able to advise him what needs to be done and most likely kicking and screaming about it won't be a great method of doing so.

The gain that a buyer gets is what he brings. Ex boston trades for him after 1 or 2 of their top 2 centers retire. They would be confident in the fact that they are able to bring in a guy that can still improve and likely play along side Marchand. He could have an 88 point season and really boost up his value on his next contract and Boston pays what is likely not much for what he is able to bring to the team. Sure they may not keep him but what he did was really valuable to being a good hockey team.

You say the jets have the short end of the stick many times but I feel like you refer the stick as more a twig in terms of value. Sure if Dubois was willing to go anywhere and extend that is the long end of a stick their but there's a point where the stick is small but still provides a good return. As a pure rental he still has a pretty good base for a 1st a/b+ prospect and something on top just based on what a team would get for a season. The stick maybe shorter than what was initially possible but this doesn't change what he'd get as a rental to a contender.

To look into what Dubois has done this season to the current day he has 58 points in 67 games on pace for a 71 point season for an 82 game schedule. This combined with 71 pims, 65 hits and being a 6'2 strong on the puck center he creates an ideal 1b type center. He is also 24 turning 25 this summer so it's not crazy to say he can't improve on those numbers especially as expiring deals and even more with Dubois in this case tend to really bring it to maximize what they get on their next contract. Also the market for a player like Dubois is quite limited so to get one albeit for a rental still has room for massive upside in how he helps other players production and a team's aspirations of a stanley cup. Look at his stats from his last playoffs with Columbus where he really put the team on his back and elevated his game for when it matter. The last playoffs with the jets he was constantly behind as he had to wait for covid restrictions while the whole team collapsing to mtl the next round.

I feel like you really don't see the value he can bring as much as a team would as getting him for what may be a huge discount compared to just 2 seasons ago would be advantageous to a contender. He does have some risks but since those risks also affect what Dubois will get via future contracts, contract clauses/signing bonuses, leadership opportunities with a team. So sure he has them but ultimately again just is negative for both parties and no one ends up happy. Mtl has to be patient for Dubois and if Dubois has his sights set on mtl in fa he also must stay patient on the path to getting there.

Adieu

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll