$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$897,500$897,500
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 2
$897,500$897,500 (Performance Bonus$557,500$558K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$875,000$875,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 21, 2023 at 9:16 p.m.
That doesn’t get you Marner. Armia is a cap dump, Edmundson isn’t good, and the Leafs are competing so you’d probably have to start the offer with Caufield+ rather than 5OA and Mesar
May 21, 2023 at 9:20 p.m.
Future Norris guy
That garbage isn't even close to getting Mitch Marner out of Toronto.

And reportedly Montreal is no longer linked to Pierre-Luc Dubois, As he's willing to sign long term with an Eastern Conference team.
May 21, 2023 at 9:31 p.m.
What in tarnation
Marner trade has pretty dreadful value for Toronto, only interesting piece there is the 5th overall but Leafs are not looking to rebuild at this stage.

LA trade value is decent, but I reckon they first would try to sign a goalie as UFA, since there's goalies of Allen's caliber or better available for free.

That's a pretty big price to pay for Dubois, who you technically can have for free if you just wait for a year. If I wanted him now, most I'd offer is like Armia/Dvorak+Beck/Kidney+1st.

ARI is at cap floor and doesn't need Hoffman. The value is good, but ARI can't afford taking any extra salary, they're at minimum budget.

Cayden Primeau is not good enough to justify a jump from 29-32nd overall to 14th. For the sake of comparison, it cost ARI two mid 2nds to jump from 27th to 11th in last year's draft.
May 21, 2023 at 9:32 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyIsMyPassion61
And reportedly Montreal is no longer linked to Pierre-Luc Dubois, As he's willing to sign long term with an Eastern Conference team.

Where did you read this?
May 21, 2023 at 9:37 p.m.
Future Norris guy
Quoting: DJ_Biff_WPG
Where did you read this?

There's been several sites, Saying that PLD is willing to sign with any Eastern Conference team.
May 21, 2023 at 9:42 p.m.
There's been several sites, Saying that PLD is willing to sign with any Eastern Conference team.

Can you link me to them?

First I've heard of this.
Just_A_Guess liked this.
May 21, 2023 at 10:06 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
Marner trade has pretty dreadful value for Toronto, only interesting piece there is the 5th overall but Leafs are not looking to rebuild at this stage.

LA trade value is decent, but I reckon they first would try to sign a goalie as UFA, since there's goalies of Allen's caliber or better available for free.

That's a pretty big price to pay for Dubois, who you technically can have for free if you just wait for a year. If I wanted him now, most I'd offer is like Armia/Dvorak+Beck/Kidney+1st.

ARI is at cap floor and doesn't need Hoffman. The value is good, but ARI can't afford taking any extra salary, they're at minimum budget.

Cayden Primeau is not good enough to justify a jump from 29-32nd overall to 14th. For the sake of comparison, it cost ARI two mid 2nds to jump from 27th to 11th in last year's draft.

I don’t know why people are saying Toronto is not going to rebuild…read the tea Leafs…they are going to have a new GM come in only to tell him to win the Cup, keep all of the core, and balance that with the cap the way it is currently without any guarantees that it will go up enough for them to re-sign the core? That is unrealistic. If this was an all in scenario they would have re-signed Dubas. The wording is important as the club decided to part ways with Dubas. Meaning one of two things, either the club is going to hire a GM to rebuild this team by trading high priced players or Shanahan is putting this upcoming season on his head as cup or fired.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 21, 2023 at 10:21 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Jacketsman61
I don’t know why people are saying Toronto is not going to rebuild…read the tea Leafs…they are going to have a new GM come in only to tell him to win the Cup, keep all of the core, and balance that with the cap the way it is currently without any guarantees that it will go up enough for them to re-sign the core? That is unrealistic. If this was an all in scenario they would have re-signed Dubas. The wording is important as the club decided to part ways with Dubas. Meaning one of two things, either the club is going to hire a GM to rebuild this team by trading high priced players or Shanahan is putting this upcoming season on his head as cup or fired.

Right now would in my opinion be the dumbest point to start a rebuild from Leafs perspective.

Their greatest assets are reaching the ending point of their contracts, meaning that their actual trade value is at its lowest.

The last season they had was the best they've had in 20 years, so at least performance wise they have made progress. The team hasn't regressed one bit. It's a bit of a shame that they ended up facing a team that had such a momentum swing going their way after defeating the team that had the best regular season ever in the second round, they simply couldn't stop it. And thus far it seems like there's no team on earth able to stop them.

I think what that team needs is a wake-up call, and firing the GM that was responsible of building that core is one way to do it. Second one is to replace the coach. And the last one would be trading one of those key guys for some new blood. I wouldn't be too surprised if we see all of these happening, but the ultimate goal is still to compete for the cup the next year. Starting a fire sale type rebuild just isn't in the cards, it makes no sense.

Leafs is in unique position where they have loads of cap space to do plenty of things during offseason. It'll be interesting what route they approach, as for the past two or three years they've been so cap strapped their options have been very much limited. This is not the case this season.
May 21, 2023 at 10:33 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
We have Phoenix Copley and Cal Petersen on the payroll already. We're not adding Jake Allen until Petersen is gone.
May 21, 2023 at 10:57 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
LOL, minimum, number 3/2/1 overall picks would get Marner. Start the 2023 pick and Slaf and we'll see what we'll end up with
May 21, 2023 at 11:18 p.m.
Right now would in my opinion be the dumbest point to start a rebuild from Leafs perspective.

Their greatest assets are reaching the ending point of their contracts, meaning that their actual trade value is at its lowest.

The last season they had was the best they've had in 20 years, so at least performance wise they have made progress. The team hasn't regressed one bit. It's a bit of a shame that they ended up facing a team that had such a momentum swing going their way after defeating the team that had the best regular season ever in the second round, they simply couldn't stop it. And thus far it seems like there's no team on earth able to stop them.

I think what that team needs is a wake-up call, and firing the GM that was responsible of building that core is one way to do it. Second one is to replace the coach. And the last one would be trading one of those key guys for some new blood. I wouldn't be too surprised if we see all of these happening, but the ultimate goal is still to compete for the cup the next year. Starting a fire sale type rebuild just isn't in the cards, it makes no sense.

Leafs is in unique position where they have loads of cap space to do plenty of things during offseason. It'll be interesting what route they approach, as for the past two or three years they've been so cap strapped their options have been very much limited. This is not the case this season.

Wake up call? So the past 5 years haven’t been? Come on…that is a lame statement. Going into this season without them extended is a huge mistake. The Atlantic Division is going to be tough to win. Buffalo is going to be better, so is Detroit, and Montreal as well. Tampa will still be there, Florida isn’t going away, and Boston could still be hanging around as well.
May 21, 2023 at 11:31 p.m.
What in tarnation
Wake up call? So the past 5 years haven’t been? Come on…that is a lame statement. Going into this season without them extended is a huge mistake. The Atlantic Division is going to be tough to win. Buffalo is going to be better, so is Detroit, and Montreal as well. Tampa will still be there, Florida isn’t going away, and Boston could still be hanging around as well.

And still none of them are not at Toronto's level. They're 2-5 years from it, depending how well they develop. Which is exactly why Toronto needs to win now, and rebuilding is out of question.

The last five years have proven one thing - the big four can't bring them success. That doesn't mean Toronto is anywhere near of the state where their window is closing, it just means that there needs to be a change in that big four. It doesn't have to be a trade that makes them worse now, it can be something fairly simple. Nylander for Guentzel, just to throw an example...both have one year left and both of their teams need a bit of a change. Could be a win win. But that'd be a definition of wake up call for the whole team, that one of the big four gets moved.

They already started the waking up process by showing the door to the guy that was responsible of creating the team. Call it "lame statement" if you like, but I think the wake up call process is exactly what is going on. Some of them will get extended (Matthews), but I do assume either Nylander or Marner will be moved for something. It's time for a change.
May 21, 2023 at 11:48 p.m.

There's been none. Kevin Weibe hinted at PLD maybe going to Boston, but that won't happen cause they simply can't afford him.
Other sources hinted at Washington, but it's been nothing noteworthy and they are only saying that cause they need a C with Kuzy on the outs.

It's been stale on the PLD update front.
May 22, 2023 at 12:10 a.m.
Jets decline. The jets will just trade him to another team for more. If you want him, it’ll cost more than that.
May 22, 2023 at 8:11 a.m.
And still none of them are not at Toronto's level. They're 2-5 years from it, depending how well they develop. Which is exactly why Toronto needs to win now, and rebuilding is out of question.

The last five years have proven one thing - the big four can't bring them success. That doesn't mean Toronto is anywhere near of the state where their window is closing, it just means that there needs to be a change in that big four. It doesn't have to be a trade that makes them worse now, it can be something fairly simple. Nylander for Guentzel, just to throw an example...both have one year left and both of their teams need a bit of a change. Could be a win win. But that'd be a definition of wake up call for the whole team, that one of the big four gets moved.

They already started the waking up process by showing the door to the guy that was responsible of creating the team. Call it "lame statement" if you like, but I think the wake up call process is exactly what is going on. Some of them will get extended (Matthews), but I do assume either Nylander or Marner will be moved for something. It's time for a change.

Marner is going to be difficult to move. His almost 11mil cap hit for the next 2yrs is hard to absorb by most teams that will be interested. But it is not bc his production isn’t worth it though. But Matthews is difficult considering that his NMC kicks in on July 1. If negotiations, which cannot start till July 1, go bad the Leafs are the mercy of Matthews as to where he wants to be traded. This severely limits the return. If they trade him now, they can get better returns bc the market would be bigger and this draft is deeper. Just a huge risk to keep Matthews when changes need to be made and the cap is an issue.
May 22, 2023 at 9:55 a.m.
What in tarnation
Marner is going to be difficult to move. His almost 11mil cap hit for the next 2yrs is hard to absorb by most teams that will be interested. But it is not bc his production isn’t worth it though. But Matthews is difficult considering that his NMC kicks in on July 1. If negotiations, which cannot start till July 1, go bad the Leafs are the mercy of Matthews as to where he wants to be traded. This severely limits the return. If they trade him now, they can get better returns bc the market would be bigger and this draft is deeper. Just a huge risk to keep Matthews when changes need to be made and the cap is an issue.

In this case the cap is not the issue. I agree that should TOR not be able to extend Matthews immediately after July 1st they should go to trade market, and move him to a team he's willing to sign for. It'll be a sign and trade. Alternatively, if Matthews wants to stay, cap wise TOR has no problem making that work either.

I agree that Marner is harder to move than Nylander, because of his cap hit and the fact he is very hard to replace, given his versatility.
May 22, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.
In this case the cap is not the issue. I agree that should TOR not be able to extend Matthews immediately after July 1st they should go to trade market, and move him to a team he's willing to sign for. It'll be a sign and trade. Alternatively, if Matthews wants to stay, cap wise TOR has no problem making that work either.

I agree that Marner is harder to move than Nylander, because of his cap hit and the fact he is very hard to replace, given his versatility.

By keeping Matthews and Marner for that matter past July 1, Toronto loses its leverage. If they move him before July , the whole league is at their disposal. If they wait till July 1 to do anything, Matthews could just say he won’t accept a trade and would walk him to FA. Toronto can’t take that chance. Columbus held onto hope with Panarin and he walked. Trust me you do not want that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll