SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

A couple off the board selections

A couple off the board selections

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Logicalicesports
Published: May 22, 2023 at 12:10 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I mean there really isn't anything to say here.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Picked purely based off talent, once he is ready to come over he will be on a young very competitive Ducks team with Zegras, Terry, MacTavish
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus ends up getting a top line center prospect, still up in the air between Carlsson and Fantilli here.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Greer's connection here has them skip over Carlsson and take Smith
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-ARIZONA TRADES UP one spot here to secure Carlsson who fell to #5.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-MONTREAL PICKS one of the top defenseman in the draft, from what I have heard they are very high on him and would be looking to take him 5th. They get their man and more picks in this years draft
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-The Flyers need to improve at all positions and Sale offers them a scorers touch and some size, reminds me of a typical flyer when they were a hard to play against team.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-COYOTES PICK: They managed to steal Carlsson at five with a trade and look to add some talent on the wing with this trade.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit needs more help down the middle and Dvorsky will be a great 2C in the future.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Benson slide ends here, he may be undersized but he has ridiculous talent and the blues have multiple first to work with.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-The Canucks take the other top defenseman in this years draft in ASP as Reinbacher goes to the Habs at #6. ASP may have the higher ceiling than Reinbacher.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsCAPITALS PICK. they go off the board and get Perreault who absolutely dominated his peers this year.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres take a kid who could turn into the second version of a guy they already have in Alex Tuch.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Penguins need help at all positions in their prospect pool but the guys down the middle are usually the most important so they take Moore.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Barlow falls into the Peds laps and they happily take a top ten talent at #15.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Flames look to add a kid that can play any offensive position.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersWings get a top 4 defensive prospect at 17
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The jets land a goy that will fit into their middle 6 at any position in a couple years.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningBlackhawks draft a winger to play with Bedard, a lot of people are high on Leonard in this draft.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle lands a solid d-man to build their future d-core around.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The wild get a guy who has more talent than Foligno but can replace him in the lineup in the near future.
22Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsSHARKS PICK, they are looiking to rebuild and they ship out Hertl and add a young promising center with some size
23Logo of the New York Rangers-New York takes a gamble on the smaller sized player than reminds me personally of Carl Haglin
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersThe Preds take the young Finnish Sniper to bring some future goal scoring to their team
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThe blues nail the center prospect they need as he slips down the board a bit.
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsThe Sharks made the trade to draft a center with #22 and now they go out and get him a strong winger to develop along side him
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Avs take a guy that plays a lot like Nuke and may need him to be his replacement, they will have some size on the wings with Moose and But
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsLeafs could use some defensive depth with the older guys they currently have on the roster.
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersThe Habs take a Canadian born winger who is putting up great numbers in the USHL
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsThe Blues take a versatile German winger with a lot of upside.
31Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas takes a kid from the Desert that has solid point totals in the Q and will help them in the long run if he isn't traded for a vet before he is developed.
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Size and versatility, something every team needs Stramel might take more time to develop but the canes can wait
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks land a defenseman that fell down the board a little due to the offensive needs of other teams and the talent in this draft.
34Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-A Finnish draft pick just makes too much sense for Jarmo
35Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago has already grabbed Bedard and Leonard, they look to grab a young defenseman here
36Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Stenberg falls a bit but the sharks are hungry at every position and don't mind selecting another center.
37Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Hometown kid, the fans will love it. high point totals in the Q and will be a great Middle 6 guy in the future
38Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-The Habs grab the talented and physical d-man in Bonk with their back to back picks from the Yotes
39Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersThe Sabres look to add more offense to a stacked young core and take Ziemmer in the early second round.
40Logo of the Washington Capitals-A Russian defenseman to develop in their system, this is the way of the Capitals
41Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Swedish Defenseman, need I say anything else for Stevey Y
42Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the St. Louis BluesSmaller talented forward that played at Michigan giving Yzerman the chance to watch him play throughout the year.
43Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksStevey Y grabbing a big Eastern European goaltender, sounds familiar right?
44Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsHawks grab a guy that can play any forward position and adds size to the lineup
45Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres grab a defenseman who slipped to develop in their system even thought they have strong young d-men at the moment.
46Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsNashville grabs a big tough defenseman to be an anchor in their end of the ice.
47Logo of the Nashville Predators-Smaller Russian Winger who lit up the MHL this year, will help with goal scoring down the road.
48Logo of the Calgary Flames-High scoring smaller winger that reminds me a bit of Johnny Hockey.
49Logo of the New York Islanders-Over a point per game in the OHL on the Firebirds. The islanders need anyone they can get to help keep them competitive
50Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Winnipeg JetsSeattle grabs another defenseman to develop in their system
51Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningChicago adds a pretty good wing prospect that will take some time to develop
52Logo of the Seattle Kraken-They have his brother in their system so why not get them both?
53Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Russian kid that lit the BCHL on fire, fits the Wild's system
54Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Best player left on the board and the Kings can use help all over
55Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York RangersMichigan kid that grew up close to Chicago. Hard working point getting defenseman
56Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Winger that can play both sides of the ice that will fit into their middle six
57Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsSeattle adds a goaltender prospect for the future.
58Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils take a kid with size to add to their wings.
59Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Colorado AvalancheDucks add yet another strong d-prospect
60Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsWith the back to back selections the ducks take a winger to play in the middle to bottom 6.
61Logo of the Florida Panthers-The Panthers take a promising wing prospect late in second round.
62Logo of the Dallas Stars-Back to Back Finnish players selected. Among his peers he is a solid player, needs time to develop.
63Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsBigger center to fill out the Bottom 6 of the future.
64Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Shaking it up selecting an Italian
May 22, 2023 at 12:17 p.m.
Trades were suppose to be listed.

Trade #1:
Coyotes Trade: #6, #38 and #102
Habs Trade: #5

Trade #2:
Coyotes Trade Clayton Keller and Pick #12
Capitals Trade: Picks #8, #104 and 2024 First Rounder

Trade #3:
Capitals trade: Kuznetsov and 2024 third
Colorado trades: Newhook and 2024 First

Trade #4
Sharks Trade: Tomas Hertl
Columbus Trades: Pick #22 and Jake Bean
May 22, 2023 at 12:53 p.m.
Joe
My man Red Wings do not need another LHD prospect. I think we either go Yager or Leonard at that point.
aedoran liked this.
May 22, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
redwings_13_40
I like the creativity with the trades!

I think Willander is more likely to be the Wings #9 pick than #41 at this rate. I don't think he escapes the top-12 or 14 picks. I agree with the Benson slide
aedoran and HabsCanucks liked this.
May 22, 2023 at 7:38 p.m.
mokumboi
"The Benson slide ends here, he may be undersized but he has ridiculous talent and the blues have multiple first to work with."

They also have top 6 wingers falling out of their ears, so they almost certainly will not take Benson and definitely will not use two 1sts on wingers while grabbing no defensemen.

Change Benson to Moore, and Ciernik to Lindstein.

The Danielson pick would be amazing, but I highly doubt he falls that far.
aedoran liked this.
May 22, 2023 at 10:00 p.m.
It would not surprise me if Carlsson ends up being the 2nd best player in this draft class.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll