SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

If Carlsson is Gone take Michkov SJ plus other educated picks

If Carlsson is Gone take Michkov SJ plus other educated picks

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Blacktown
Published: May 28, 2023 at 6:02 p.m.
May 28, 2023 at 6:50 p.m.
Danielson and Musty in the second round???
May 28, 2023 at 6:59 p.m.
go Sharks go
Michkov is too risky imo, if Carlsson is gone I’d actually want to trade down, but if we make the puck I’d take Smith. Sheng writing that SJ wants ‘competitive skill’ doesn’t sound like Michkov. not much like Smith either tbf.

https://sanjosehockeynow.com/san-jose-sharks-fitzgerald-marchant-morehouse-2023-draft/
May 28, 2023 at 9:32 p.m.
Quoting: SJSGM
Michkov is too risky imo, if Carlsson is gone I’d actually want to trade down, but if we make the puck I’d take Smith. Sheng writing that SJ wants ‘competitive skill’ doesn’t sound like Michkov. not much like Smith either tbf.

https://sanjosehockeynow.com/san-jose-sharks-fitzgerald-marchant-morehouse-2023-draft/

Both are highly skilled. Really can’t go wrong with any of the top-5 guys.
May 29, 2023 at 1:25 a.m.
Carlsson is just about perfect for CBJ. If Benson is there at 9 Detroit better take him but I doubt he makes it that far. If Detroit reaches for a RHD it won't be with the 9th pick and it won't be Reinbacher. Reaching for Willander with the 17th pick is much more likely.
Blacktown liked this.
May 29, 2023 at 9:03 a.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Quoting: Depressed_Flames_Fan
Danielson and Musty in the second round???

right. he will be picked closer to 1 than 33
May 29, 2023 at 10:42 a.m.
Amirov Forever
If Cristall falls to the Leafs, I will be a very happy man
Blacktown liked this.
May 29, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
Torresing

Michkov fits our timeline to compete perfectly. He is the only other player in this draft with potential to be a generational talent. You dont pass on that opportunity ever. Looking back in ten years I can guarantee that Michkov will be a top 2 pick in a redraft. He is that damn good.
May 29, 2023 at 12:57 p.m.
Torresing
Quoting: aedoran
Carlsson is just about perfect for CBJ. If Benson is there at 9 Detroit better take him but I doubt he makes it that far. If Detroit reaches for a RHD it won't be with the 9th pick and it won't be Reinbacher. Reaching for Willander with the 17th pick is much more likely.

Yes I can see Detroit taking Benson. I just dont see Benson going before Moore and Leonard like so many think.
aedoran liked this.
May 29, 2023 at 4:27 p.m.
Quoting: Blacktown
Yes I can see Detroit taking Benson. I just dont see Benson going before Moore and Leonard like so many think.

You are probably right and it's the reason the Wings won't end up with any high end offensive talent unless they get a top 3 pick.
May 29, 2023 at 7:28 p.m.
go Sharks go
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Both are highly skilled. Really can’t go wrong with any of the top-5 guys.

yeah but you just don't know what will happen with his contract and Russia. But yes, in terms of skill everyone is solid.
May 29, 2023 at 7:29 p.m.
go Sharks go
Quoting: Blacktown
Michkov fits our timeline to compete perfectly. He is the only other player in this draft with potential to be a generational talent. You dont pass on that opportunity ever. Looking back in ten years I can guarantee that Michkov will be a top 2 pick in a redraft. He is that damn good.

you pass on it if there's a chance he never plays in the league. Too much risk imo with his contract and Russia. Would much rather choose a player with a high floor and a slightly lower ceiling than Michkov.
May 29, 2023 at 10:01 p.m.
Torresing
you pass on it if there's a chance he never plays in the league. Too much risk imo with his contract and Russia. Would much rather choose a player with a high floor and a slightly lower ceiling than Michkov.

Fair enough. Its pretty ridiculous to pass on what could be a supremely talented generational talent. It would be a massive mistake. The Russian stigma is such a joke, don’t get dragged into that malarkey. Minnesota had to wait years for Kaprizov and he has totally transformed their team. Michkov is potentially better than Kaprizov even. Be smart here.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll