RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$4,500,000
3$2,500,000
4$3,500,000
1$850,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Gauthier, Julien$850,000No Compensation
Trades
PHI
  1. MacEwen, Zack [RFA Rights]
  2. Portillo, Erik
  3. Turcotte, Alex
  4. 2025 1st round pick (LAK)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$68,306,429$1,187,500$0$15,193,571
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
RFA - 2
$785,000$785,000
RW
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,100,000$5,100,000
RD
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,675,000$1,675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$2,650,000$2,650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LW
UFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:28 a.m.
Banned
I don’t want any of that personally if Kings want Hart I want the deal to start with Byfield
Pavalec and sk540 liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:35 a.m.
Quoting: TheBigFlyera
I don’t want any of that personally if Kings want Hart I want the deal to start with Byfield

That’s true, turotte may be looked at as still one of their best prospects but I feel he is gonna be a bust. The reason I put him their is I feel he needs a new start in Philly and can hopefully grow in a new environment. Byfield has be disappointing so far even though he’s 20. I just felt la still would want to hold on to him because if he turns it up that may haunt them for the upcoming future
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:53 a.m.

Lol everyone wants a deal to start with Byfield. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Carter Hart is a 0.904 career goaltender. That's a fact. Ready yourself for disappointment if you think he's going to return anything like what you are thinking.
KINGS67 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Lol everyone wants a deal to start with Byfield. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Carter Hart is a 0.904 career goaltender. That's a fact. Ready yourself for disappointment if you think he's going to return anything like what you are thinking.

I agree that Byfield isn't going to be in any deal for Hart but I also don't think Hart will get traded. As for his career, he's improved every year since 2020 and has played under and increasingly worse defense. Any team that would meet the Flyers valuation on Hart would be paying for his skill and untapped potential or they'll just keep him. His numbers last year were great all things considered.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:01 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I agree that Byfield isn't going to be in any deal for Hart but I also don't think Hart will get traded. As for his career, he's improved every year since 2020 and has played under and increasingly worse defense. Any team that would meet the Flyers valuation on Hart would be paying for his skill and untapped potential or they'll just keep him. His numbers last year were great all things considered.

I don't disagree with what you're saying. It's very similar to how I view any potential Turcotte trade. His problems haven't been skill/development-based, they've only been injury-based. He's still got a ton of skill and potential, which is why the Kings wouldn't sell low when they can just try to ride out the injuries and see where he lands.

My point was simply in replying to the person that said they want "to start with Byfield", which suggests they think Hart is worth Byfield ++. And that made me laugh because it's so far off base from what a 0.904 goaltender would actually get on the market regardless of "untapped potential" (especially the goalie market, which is generally much softer than the player market).
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:04 p.m.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. It's very similar to how I view any potential Turcotte trade. His problems haven't been skill/development-based, they've only been injury-based. He's still got a ton of skill and potential, which is why the Kings wouldn't sell low when they can just try to ride out the injuries and see where he lands.

My point was simply in replying to the person that said they want "to start with Byfield", which suggests they think Hart is worth Byfield ++. And that made me laugh because it's so far off base from what a 0.904 goaltender would actually get on the market regardless of "untapped potential" (especially the goalie market, which is generally much softer than the player market).

I think Hart is going to set a new market if he were to get traded. Or him not being traded is implicit that the market is ambiguous and cannot rely on historical trades. I think any team that would want Hart in the first place would know the numbers don't match his value. The best defensemen he's played behind in Ivan Provorov and the second best was Matt Niskanen for a single year. The trend of his numbers have dramatically increased over the last three years and he's been the only reason the Flyers win games. Anyone who wants Hart is going to make the trade under the working assumption he still has top-10/top-5 potential and will achieve it with a better team
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:05 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Take out Portillo and the Kings might say Yes.

Quint Byfield is younger than anyone on your current roster. Only an idiot would give up on him this early in his career, so you're absolutely right to understand that there's no chance that we would trade him for Hart or your 2023 first or any other asset under your control.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:08 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Take out Portillo and the Kings might say Yes.

Quint Byfield is younger than anyone on your current roster. Only an idiot would give up on him this early in his career, so you're absolutely right to understand that there's no chance that we would trade him for Hart or your 2023 first or any other asset under your control.

Yea who wouldn’t want a 1st 3 drafts away, a prospect that has been awful, another goalie we don’t need, and a player we just traded to you 😂😂😂
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:09 p.m.
Banned

Yeah you guys on here can say whatever you want, everyone said Provy would get traded for nothing too lol none of you know anything. Hart is being reported by national guys as taking back at least 1 premium asset if he gets traded, I won’t be the one disappointed everyone said the same thing about Provy
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.
Yea who wouldn’t want a 1st 3 drafts away, a prospect that has been awful, another goalie we don’t need, and a player we just traded to you 😂😂😂

I didn't say the trade OP proposed was something that would work.

I'm saying you won't get a prospect anywhere near the level of Byfield for Hart.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:28 p.m.

The problem is you are looking at a stat that isn’t truly reflective of Harts play. That’s why analytics came up with the goals saved above expected and save % above expected. Which take into account the team around the goaltender and how much they leave them hanging. And hart is top 10-top15 in those areas. Factor in the fact that he’s only 24 and not even in his prime yet. Put him on a team with a good structure and defense in front of him and the GAA and save % ( team stats) will be at the top of the league
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:29 p.m.
Banned
I didn't say the trade OP proposed was something that would work.

I'm saying you won't get a prospect anywhere near the level of Byfield for Hart.

A man can dream but I agree lol
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:39 p.m.
Quoting: GirouxCrew
The problem is you are looking at a stat that isn’t truly reflective of Harts play. That’s why analytics came up with the goals saved above expected and save % above expected. Which take into account the team around the goaltender and how much they leave them hanging. And hart is top 10-top15 in those areas. Factor in the fact that he’s only 24 and not even in his prime yet. Put him on a team with a good structure and defense in front of him and the GAA and save % ( team stats) will be at the top of the league

Again, similar to my arguments for keeping Turcotte. The cause of his not being able to play at the NHL level isn't reflective of his skill or ability. Injuries not in his control (blind-sided, predatory hits from 3rd line goons in the AHL playoffs) shouldn't effect his value as long as he has the skill to keep playing. If he wasn't injured, he'd likely be playing top 6 minutes.

But hey, here we are. Turcotte's has his injuries, and Hart has put up a 0.904. Both out of each player's control for various reasons, but both will effect trade value.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:48 p.m.
Again, similar to my arguments for keeping Turcotte. The cause of his not being able to play at the NHL level isn't reflective of his skill or ability. Injuries not in his control (blind-sided, predatory hits from 3rd line goons in the AHL playoffs) shouldn't effect his value as long as he has the skill to keep playing. If he wasn't injured, he'd likely be playing top 6 minutes.

But hey, here we are. Turcotte's has his injuries, and Hart has put up a 0.904. Both out of each player's control for various reasons, but both will effect trade value.

Not exactly, injuries are a heavy factor into a players value. A lot more risk involved. Hart playing with a different defense in front of him is just a confidence question that a team has the pieces in place to help Hart succeed
Jun. 8, 2023 at 1:49 p.m.
Quoting: GirouxCrew
Not exactly, injuries are a heavy factor into a players value. A lot more risk involved. Hart playing with a different defense in front of him is just a confidence question that a team has the pieces in place to help Hart succeed

Lol. My response to that is "Not exactly, saves are a heavy factor into a players value."

I get where you're coming from, I do. But Korpisalo with Columbus last year had a defense in front of him worse than Philly's (or at least on par), and put up a 0.913 before being traded to LA.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll