Created By: Caufield
Published: Jun. 11, 2023 at 8:15 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I think top 5 is pretty locked in a this point
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-I think there are still a couple other possibilities at this pick, like ASP, Benson as well, but. I think Rienbacher is the pick
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly are a tricky one and definitely not locked in. They are hoping for Leonard, but I doubt he falls to them. In this case they hesitate between a Center, Benson, or ASP. With Guathier picked last year, and so far looking like a stud, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for the D
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-If there is true possiblites of Michkov going to the NHL, Caps prob take him
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-A lot of people seem to think DET needs a Center, but I think their looking good, as I really don’t think Kasper will be anywhere near a bust, I think he will be close to hitting his ceiling. If there is no ASP, they go for a winger to complete their first line, so I think Benson is starting to lock in for DET
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-They desperately need Centers and RDs. So they go for Dvorsky, Moore, or Willander here. I think Moore might have more upside, but they go for Willander and pick a 2nd line caliber center with another of their 1st
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-All the good RHDs are gone, Michkov is gone. At this point Size and Physical will be VAN target, and they may be reluctant to get a center at 11 because of how good Petty is. Like STL, they will go for a middle 6 center later on. Honzek could be the pick, but I see Barlow here
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsThey have to go for a good LW at this point. Imo Cristall here is too high, but Zona could take him here
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Wood and Tage. Written in the stars, plus they are different positions, so they could be on the same line later on
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-If Dvorksy is available for PIT, 100% they take him, based on the other picks made, this is a near lock imo
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-The next 2 picks could go in a lot of directions, not locked in at all
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
23Logo of the New York Rangers-
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida Panthers
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Jun. 11, 2023 at 10:18 a.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Agreed, however I don’t think habs are locked on Reinbacher. I could see him or Leonard or Dvorsky, but yeah the top 5 is mostly a lock
Jun. 11, 2023 at 10:22 a.m.
I think 1-2 are locked in. Surprises will begin at pick #3.
drambui liked this.
Jun. 11, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
Agreed, however I don’t think habs are locked on Reinbacher. I could see him or Leonard or Dvorsky, but yeah the top 5 is mostly a lock

I think you incorrectly read the rankings. I have Leonard at 5 and Rienbacher at 6. I really think MTL grabs Leonard
Jun. 11, 2023 at 11:41 a.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Quoting: Caufield
I think you incorrectly read the rankings. I have Leonard at 5 and Rienbacher at 6. I really think MTL grabs Leonard

Oops I read right, I just misspoke. I meant that I don’t think they’re locked on Leonard, I have it a toss up between those two and Dvorsky
Caufield liked this.
Jun. 11, 2023 at 11:59 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Oops I read right, I just misspoke. I meant that I don’t think they’re locked on Leonard, I have it a toss up between those two and Dvorsky

Maybe, but I think Hughes likes drafting in the US system. I think they also like their Slovaks, but Hughes can tell who has higher upsides, and between Leonard and Dvorksy, its probably Leonard
Jun. 11, 2023 at 12:03 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Quoting: Caufield
Maybe, but I think Hughes likes drafting in the US system. I think they also like their Slovaks, but Hughes can tell who has higher upsides, and between Leonard and Dvorksy, its probably Leonard

I think it depends who you like. IMO Dvo is mad underrated and the “dependable 2 way guys” always get underrated (like Lindell or Kasper) because people assume they have minimal offensive skills, but Dvorsky is an excellent playmaker, a good PP tool with a great one timer. I could see him at 5th, but Leonard is probably the best bet
Caufield and HabsCanucks liked this.
Jun. 11, 2023 at 12:08 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
I think it depends who you like. IMO Dvo is mad underrated and the “dependable 2 way guys” always get underrated (like Lindell or Kasper) because people assume they have minimal offensive skills, but Dvorsky is an excellent playmaker, a good PP tool with a great one timer. I could see him at 5th, but Leonard is probably the best bet

I definitely won't hate on Dvorksy, I think he will be one of the best 2C in the league, but looking at what MTL needs right now, a gritty, fast RW with higher upsides probably makes more sense. It is just like the 2018 situation, however, MTL needed that center over the gritty winger
Bdawwwgy1 liked this.
Jun. 11, 2023 at 12:14 p.m.
cant remeber a draft i the last 20 years where the top 5 was '' locked in''. Surprise will happens is my bet!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll