C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
C
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 26, 2023 at 2:36 p.m.
San Jose doesn't want it and Detroit shouldn't be paying that.
mmccRed198913 liked this.
Jun. 26, 2023 at 2:38 p.m.
No thank you
Jun. 26, 2023 at 2:42 p.m.
Sharks should do it, then draft Willander and have a Wallinder/Willander pair.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for great names.
Jun. 26, 2023 at 2:56 p.m.
Who are you targeting at #4? Michkov may fall further. Smith doesn't feel like a big enough upgrade over who will be there at #9 to give up all the rest.
Jun. 26, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
arky
For top 3,maybe but #4, no way
Jun. 26, 2023 at 3:04 p.m.
What player is worth this?
Jun. 26, 2023 at 5:09 p.m.
Wings pass
Jun. 26, 2023 at 6:03 p.m.
Quoting: PuzzledActuary
What player is worth this?

Matvei Michkov is worth this. #9 and #17 for #4.
Wings have plenty of capable LD to absorb the loss of Wallander. Edvinsson. Johannson, Buium
Wings keep their better forward prospects/young players in Raymond, Kasper, Berggren, Mazur, Veleno, Lombardi. Hanas is expendable.
Soderblom is in there to tip the scales in San Jose's favour to make it worth their while. They can badly use Michkov as well.

Remember. Wallander, Johannson, Buium, Berggren, Soderblom, Mazur, Veleno, Lombardi. Hanas, Not all these players can have a roster spot. Wings need a Star. Michkov would be that star.
Jun. 26, 2023 at 6:04 p.m.
Quoting: Wolverrobert
Who are you targeting at #4? Michkov may fall further. Smith doesn't feel like a big enough upgrade over who will be there at #9 to give up all the rest.

Michkov
He won't fall past Montreal. Swoop in and steal him from a Division Rival.
Or else have the next decade of playing against a hybrid of Ovechkin and Panarin.
Jun. 26, 2023 at 6:07 p.m.
Quoting: mikearky
For top 3,maybe but #4, no way

Michkov would be a slam dunk #2 if it wasn't for the Russian factor.
He'd be #1 overall any year expect this year. He's better than Auston Matthews, Better than Jack Hughes.
Even if I had the #2 overall pick I'd be taking him over Fantilli and Carlsson
Jun. 26, 2023 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: Spaceman
Matvei Michkov is worth this. #9 and #17 for #4.
Wings have plenty of capable LD to absorb the loss of Wallander. Edvinsson. Johannson, Buium
Wings keep their better forward prospects/young players in Raymond, Kasper, Berggren, Mazur, Veleno, Lombardi. Hanas is expendable.
Soderblom is in there to tip the scales in San Jose's favour to make it worth their while. They can badly use Michkov as well.

Remember. Wallander, Johannson, Buium, Berggren, Soderblom, Mazur, Veleno, Lombardi. Hanas, Not all these players can have a roster spot. Wings need a Star. Michkov would be that star.

You have no idea what type of player Michkov is going to be. You have even less of an idea if he is going to be better than whoever we pick at 9.
Hanas is worthless.
Wallinder is a really good-looking D prospect. You don't trade him away for another "maybe".
Soderblom is a giant and developing very, very nicely so far. He is an NHL player NOW.
You are trading away 2 1st rounds picks in a strong draft for 1.

This is just stupid.
Jun. 26, 2023 at 7:06 p.m.
You have no idea what type of player Michkov is going to be. You have even less of an idea if he is going to be better than whoever we pick at 9.
Hanas is worthless.
Wallinder is a really good-looking D prospect. You don't trade him away for another "maybe".
Soderblom is a giant and developing very, very nicely so far. He is an NHL player NOW.
You are trading away 2 1st rounds picks in a strong draft for 1.

This is just stupid.

Michkov tore apart the U18's a couple year ago, even more dominant than Bedard was. We just didn't get to see him dominate the U20's because of the Russia ban.
Michkov is excelling in the KHL as an 18 year old. Scoring at a better rate than Alex Ovechkin was at his age in Russias top league.

This kid is not a maybe...calling him that is just stupid. Like saying Connor Bedard is a maybe because we have no idea how his game will translate to the NHL and maybe he's the next Alexander Daigle...you have no idea. But again, kinda stupid to suggest that.

Wallinder hasn't even played 1 NHL game yet, Very solid prospect but you want a star you need to give up something quality. Hanas isn't worthless. He had a really good start to the AHL before his injury. Projects as a very solid 3rd liner. Soderblom isn't a guarantee to be a regular everyday NHL player, he's got massive potential but needs to figure out how to play defense or else he'll never be a regular in the NHL.
Jun. 26, 2023 at 7:21 p.m.
arky
Michkov would be a slam dunk #2 if it wasn't for the Russian factor.
He'd be #1 overall any year expect this year. He's better than Auston Matthews, Better than Jack Hughes.
Even if I had the #2 overall pick I'd be taking him over Fantilli and Carlsson

The whole Russiab thing along with the KHL contract and his reluctance to meet with teams are red flags that Steve Yzerman can not take or will take a chance on at this stage of the rebuild
Jun. 26, 2023 at 7:21 p.m.
Michkov tore apart the U18's a couple year ago, even more dominant than Bedard was. We just didn't get to see him dominate the U20's because of the Russia ban.
Michkov is excelling in the KHL as an 18 year old. Scoring at a better rate than Alex Ovechkin was at his age in Russias top league.

This kid is not a maybe...calling him that is just stupid. Like saying Connor Bedard is a maybe because we have no idea how his game will translate to the NHL and maybe he's the next Alexander Daigle...you have no idea. But again, kinda stupid to suggest that.

Wallinder hasn't even played 1 NHL game yet, Very solid prospect but you want a star you need to give up something quality. Hanas isn't worthless. He had a really good start to the AHL before his injury. Projects as a very solid 3rd liner. Soderblom isn't a guarantee to be a regular everyday NHL player, he's got massive potential but needs to figure out how to play defense or else he'll never be a regular in the NHL.

You can pull out all the stats and highlights and whatever else you want, it doesn't matter. You have NO IDEA what kind of NHL player he is going to be. That goes for literally every. single. prospect. They are all maybe's. Don't make me list all the of the guys that have been touted as generational or elite or whatever else and they end up being average or nothing.

"Wallinder hasn't even played 1 NHL game yet"....how many has Michkov played? LOL

You just proved my point for me, thank you.

Wings are way better off keeping the picks, keeping a bunch of those "maybe's" and letting them develop.

I am all for taking a swing and moving up for a prospect, but this price makes no sense for a team in the Wings current position. You are putting all your eggs in one big maybe basket.

And ya, Hanas is worthless. He is a middle of the road prospect - dime a dozen.
Jun. 26, 2023 at 7:53 p.m.
Quoting: mikearky
The whole Russiab thing along with the KHL contract and his reluctance to meet with teams are red flags that Steve Yzerman can not take or will take a chance on at this stage of the rebuild

He has met with teams this week. So that's garbage. KHL contact...who cares. when he comes in 3 years is when the Wings will be ready to actually compete. He'll make them a true contender. It will be worth the wait.
Jun. 26, 2023 at 7:54 p.m.
You can pull out all the stats and highlights and whatever else you want, it doesn't matter. You have NO IDEA what kind of NHL player he is going to be. That goes for literally every. single. prospect. They are all maybe's. Don't make me list all the of the guys that have been touted as generational or elite or whatever else and they end up being average or nothing.

"Wallinder hasn't even played 1 NHL game yet"....how many has Michkov played? LOL

Wings are way better off keeping the picks, keeping a bunch of those "maybe's" and letting them develop.

I am all for taking a swing and moving up for a prospect, but this price makes no sense for a team in the Wings current position. You are putting all your eggs in one big maybe basket.

No I just used your logic against you...

Wallinder hasn't played a game yet so he's still just a maybe prospect. Really good looking D prospect but still a maybe until he steps on NHL ice and proves he's worth it,
Michkov is a REALLY good looking top line forward prospect...but let just call him a maybe wink
Jun. 26, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.

"You can pull out all the stats and highlights and whatever else you want, it doesn't matter. You have NO IDEA what kind of NHL player he is going to be. That goes for literally every. single. prospect. They are all maybe's. Don't make me list all the of the guys that have been touted as generational or elite or whatever else and they end up being average or nothing."

-PuzzledActuary describing Connor Bedard
Jun. 26, 2023 at 8:18 p.m.
arky
He has met with teams this week. So that's garbage. KHL contact...who cares. when he comes in 3 years is when the Wings will be ready to actually compete. He'll make them a true contender. It will be worth the wait.

I disagree, he seems to be a diva, and that is not a Stevie kind of player. I just do not see Yzerman trading up to get him. Talented yes, puzzling yes, but that contract bothers me. He may decide not to come over and stay in the KHL. Like I said to many red flags
Jun. 26, 2023 at 8:21 p.m.

No I just used your logic against you...

Wallinder hasn't played a game yet so he's still just a maybe prospect. Really good looking D prospect but still a maybe until he steps on NHL ice and proves he's worth it,
Michkov is a REALLY good looking top line forward prospect...but let just call him a maybe wink

Ya that would work if it was Wallinder for Michkov straight up....you have 2 1sts and Soderblom in there. DUHHHHH
Jun. 26, 2023 at 8:21 p.m.
"You can pull out all the stats and highlights and whatever else you want, it doesn't matter. You have NO IDEA what kind of NHL player he is going to be. That goes for literally every. single. prospect. They are all maybe's. Don't make me list all the of the guys that have been touted as generational or elite or whatever else and they end up being average or nothing."

-PuzzledActuary describing Connor Bedard

Is the trade above for Conor Bedard? lol are you challenged?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll