2$1,750,000
1$975,000
1$850,000
Trades
WPG
  1. Swayman, Jeremy [RFA Rights]
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
WPG gets a Helly replacement and a goalie that fits their competitive window in the future. Swayman gets the opportunity to become a #1. Plus he's from Alaska so Winnipeg should feel warm for him!
BOS
  1. Scheifele, Mark ($3,062,500 retained)
  2. 2025 6th round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
BOS gets a top 6 C that fits their current competitive window and keep up with the beasts in the East. 50% retention helps their cap concerns. It sucks to lose Swayman but they can't afford to have ~10,000,000 tied up in two goalies. Although keeping Ullmark over Swayman may not be the smartest move long-term, I see it as the more sensible and realistic move for Boston to make given their current core.
WPG
  1. Holtz, Alexander
  2. 2024 1st round pick (NJD)
Additional Details:
Holtz has stuggled to establish himself in the NHL and has been buried under elite talent in the Devils top-6. In WPG he gets a chance to grow and play consistently in their top 9 and on the PP.
NJD
  1. Hellebuyck, Connor ($2,050,000 retained)
  2. 2024 5th round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
NJ has shown with the acquisition of Toffoli that they are ready to go from young team to a perennial Stanley Cup competitor. The duo of Vanecek and Schmid isn't strong enough to win a cup, and I think Fitzgerald knows that. I think NJ talks extension with Helly prior to the deal, maybe WPG asks for more if one is settled upon.
WPG
  1. Myers, Philippe
  2. 2024 6th round pick (TBL)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
WPG opens room in then top 6 for younger players like Perfetti, Holtz, and Kupari. They retain 2,000,000 to maximize value and get a 2nd, 6th, and a young(ish) D-man to hold down a bottom pairing spot.
TBL
  1. Niederreiter, Nino ($2,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
TB gets a Killorn replacement for net 600k. Helps them get heavier on the wing with the subtractions of Killorn, Maroon, and Perry.
WPG
  1. Goodrow, Barclay
  2. 2026 3rd round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
Bad contract for bad contract here. NYR adds a 3rd as WPG will have to eat Goodrow's 3+ million for 3 years more than Dillon. Goodrow can play bottom 6 minutes and be a veteran for the WPG youth. If he plays well they could flip him for assets in the future, low risk play.
NYR
  1. Dillon, Brenden
Additional Details:
NYR adds a seasoned bottom pair Defenseman that can help keep pucks out of their net - the one thing they struggle to do. Could be a good partner for Schneider and it saves them 300k in cap space this year.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$76,015,358$0$2,125,000$7,484,642
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 3
$3,050,000$3,050,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Rangers
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
LD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 4, 2023 at 3:43 p.m.
Goalies don't have anywhere near that value. Winnipeg says no.

The Jets don't need bottom pairing defenseman, so no to Myers.

Fortunately Goodrow doesn't waive for Winnipeg.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 3:46 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Goodrow can probably be had for free, need more for scheifele, swayman probably helped by Bruins dominance. Myers could be interesting, don’t mind the devils trade, but they possibly object. Would like a little more gamble on our own rfas, possibly turn a few into bargains with some term.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 3:52 p.m.
WPGSK
No trading Nino and the JETS do NOT want Goodrow.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 3:54 p.m.
24 year old goaltenders that have established themselves as capable starters and a potential elite goaltender in the league aren't worth a 30 year old, pending UFA centerman? Swayman is way more valuable and much more of a guarantee than a 1st round pick in the 22-32 range (which is where Boston's pick would be) . If anyone says no in this deal, it would be Boston lmao (but I think they consider it due to cap constraints).

I agree the Jets don't need bottom pairing d-men but that allows TB to shed $ which maximizes return value for WPG. Myers has 1 year left and can bet let go after that.

Again, I agree that Goodrow would be unlikely to waive for WPG. Although, you never know when a player sees a position that they could benefit from. Goodrow might see WPG as an opportunity to re-establish himself and be moved to a contender later on. Who knows though, I think that deal makes a lot of sense for both teams barring the logistics of a NMC.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
Quoting: WPGSK
No trading Nino and the JETS do NOT want Goodrow.

How exactly does Nino at 30 years old and with 1 year remaining on his deal help WPG? In this scenario, he blocks their younger players from playing top 9 and PP minutes. Maximize his value, get an asset and move on, hockey is a business. As for the Jets not wanting Goodrow, I don't think having him in their bottom 6 would be egregious lol. Not like they are strapped for cap and can't bring him in and flip him for assets later on like I mentioned.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:01 p.m.
Tampa Bay probably accepts
SpankyGeezus liked this.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:01 p.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
Goodrow can probably be had for free, need more for scheifele, swayman probably helped by Bruins dominance. Myers could be interesting, don’t mind the devils trade, but they possibly object. Would like a little more gamble on our own rfas, possibly turn a few into bargains with some term.

Goodrow plus a 3rd is more than "free". Moving Dillon allows Heinola to finally play consistent minutes, and if that doesn't work out, enter Dylan Samberg. Similar to Nino, Dillon at his age and with pending UFA status does not help the Jets in any capacity.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:02 p.m.
WPGSK
Quoting: SpankyGeezus
How exactly does Nino at 30 years old and with 1 year remaining on his deal help WPG? In this scenario, he blocks their younger players from playing top 9 and PP minutes. Maximize his value, get an asset and move on, hockey is a business. As for the Jets not wanting Goodrow, I don't think having him in their bottom 6 would be egregious lol. Not like they are strapped for cap and can't bring him in and flip him for assets later on like I mentioned.

Nino came out and said he is happy to be in Winnipeg and playing. He plays the right way. He's a role model for the younger Jets and plays in the top 6. WPG needs a guy like that for as long as possible to set the right mood and play style for the dressing room. He's far more valuable to Winnipeg than points or anything else.

The JETS need a HUGE culture shift and guys like Nino, Namestikov, Lowry, Ehlers and Morrissey embody that. They play hard, say the right things, etc.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:08 p.m.
Nino came out and said he is happy to be in Winnipeg and playing. He plays the right way. He's a role model for the younger Jets and plays in the top 6. WPG needs a guy like that for as long as possible to set the right mood and play style for the dressing room. He's far more valuable to Winnipeg than points or anything else.

The JETS need a HUGE culture shift and guys like Nino, Namestikov, Lowry, Ehlers and Morrissey embody that. They play hard, say the right things, etc.

Sure, I agree you need veterans to show younger players the way. That's where the core 4 of Connor, Ehlers, Lowry, and Morrissey can contribute. As much as you like Nino, he will walk in FA for nothing if you don't move him now. Also, Namestikov is not a key piece for Winnipeg. He is plugging a roster spot.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
WPGSK
Sure, I agree you need veterans to show younger players the way. That's where the core 4 of Connor, Ehlers, Lowry, and Morrissey can contribute. As much as you like Nino, he will walk in FA for nothing if you don't move him now. Also, Namestikov is not a key piece for Winnipeg. He is plugging a roster spot.

Yes re: Ehlers, Lowry and Morrissey. NOT Connor. Connor is almost as bad as Scheifele for playing the wrong way.

You need more than 3 guys playing the right way.

Definitely don't want to lose Nino for nothing. Hoping Chevytakestoomanydaysoff can sign him to an extension. The JETS got him for a 2nd, so he may believe his worth isn't that high and re-signs for a team friendly deal.

Namestikov is a key piece for the fact that he has stated he likes WPG and wants to play there. He played up and down the JETS lineup as soon as the Jets got him and he seem to fit with guys that are not easy to match up with, like Ehlers. The JETS DESPERATELY need guys that are positive about WPG (my hometown, and trust me, saying nice about WPG is challenging, especially from people not born there). Can't discount guys like Nino and Namo who can play up and down the lineup and are positive. WPG NEEDS that. In so many ways.

The team needs a shift and positive, hard working guys are required, even if it is for another year or 2.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Goodrow plus a 3rd is more than "free". Moving Dillon allows Heinola to finally play consistent minutes, and if that doesn't work out, enter Dylan Samberg. Similar to Nino, Dillon at his age and with pending UFA status does not help the Jets in any capacity.

Dillon can probably get a 3rd back without taking on goodrows money and term, don’t mind selling the pending ufas, just much prefer kids or picks, rather than payroll.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:25 p.m.
Yes re: Ehlers, Lowry and Morrissey. NOT Connor. Connor is almost as bad as Scheifele for playing the wrong way.

You need more than 3 guys playing the right way.

Definitely don't want to lose Nino for nothing. Hoping Chevytakestoomanydaysoff can sign him to an extension. The JETS got him for a 2nd, so he may believe his worth isn't that high and re-signs for a team friendly deal.

Namestikov is a key piece for the fact that he has stated he likes WPG and wants to play there. He played up and down the JETS lineup as soon as the Jets got him and he seem to fit with guys that are not easy to match up with, like Ehlers. The JETS DESPERATELY need guys that are positive about WPG (my hometown, and trust me, saying nice about WPG is challenging, especially from people not born there). Can't discount guys like Nino and Namo who can play up and down the lineup and are positive. WPG NEEDS that. In so many ways.

The team needs a shift and positive, hard working guys are required, even if it is for another year or 2.

Every team needs those character guys but you can't compromise your chance at a brighter future to keep them. With the rising cap, the only way a 31 year old Nino signs in WPG is if you absurdly overpay him. Otherwise, he's gone to a contending team. The reason a guy like Namestikov likes playing in WPG is because they keep him around lol. The guy has been a suitcase and probably is tired of finding a new apartment twice a year. 100% agree on finding guys that are positive about WPG, but you need to grow that in your system and by being loyal to younger players, not asking it out of veterans who are on the back third of their careers.

That's where acquiring young talent like Vilardi, Kupari, Holtz, and Swayman could be invaluable. You give those guys the chance to play important minutes and the odds increase that they reward you down the line with loyalty. Along with that, drafting high character players that are born and bred in the organization is paramount. I think Chevy and Co. have done well at this with picks like Barlow and Mcgroarty in recent drafts.
WPGSK liked this.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
Dillon can probably get a 3rd back without taking on goodrows money and term, don’t mind selling the pending ufas, just much prefer kids or picks, rather than payroll.

If Toffoli got a 3rd plus a bottom-6 winger, there is no chance in hell someone is paying a 3rd rounder for 3,900,000 of Brendan Dillon man.
RedWingsLover69 liked this.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:31 p.m.

Ever consider that perhaps the reason guys like Namestikov stick around is because they're offered term? They don't like Winnipeg, it's just that Vlad has played on literally 8 teams in 6.5 years. He likely would play in Tijuana if they offered him 2 years, guy is just sick of moving.
SpankyGeezus liked this.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
If Toffoli got a 3rd plus a bottom-6 winger, there is no chance in hell someone is paying a 3rd rounder for 3,900,000 of Brendan Dillon man.

Not comparing apples to apples, so your solution is adding a 4 year capdump for similar money and a random 3rd. Eat a little money or take a 4th, if you’re in need to get rid of dillon. Closer to tdl, when some of the money off the books and the interest is up, offer will be better.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:33 p.m.

I think there's a better chance of getting a third for the rights to Teemu Selanne than getting a third for Dillon
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:35 p.m.
WPGSK
Every team needs those character guys...

That's where acquiring young talent like Vilardi, Kupari, Holtz, and Swayman could be invaluable. You give those guys the chance to play important minutes and the odds increase that they reward you down the line with loyalty. Along with that, drafting high character players that are born and bred in the organization is paramount. I think Chevy and Co. have done well at this with picks like Barlow and Mcgroarty in recent drafts.

Agreed X4. Character guys, young LAK pickups, Swayman and my 2 favorite draft picks in many years... FREAKING LOVE Barlow and McGroarty.

When the draft was live, I was on a few live feeds, watching it on TV and begging Chevy to trade up to get Barlow. That man is Luckier than he is smart to get Barlow at 18. When the Jets were up to pick and Barlow was available, I actually started praying... haha. I was going to head up "another" #FIRECHEVY campaign if he didn't pick Barlow.

Anyways... Cheers.
SpankyGeezus liked this.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:35 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: RedWingsLover69
I think there's a better chance of getting a third for the rights to Teemu Selanne than getting a third for Dillon

That’s about all the jets did get for him, tverdovsky left rather quick and kilger basically turned into a 3rd line grinder.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:39 p.m.
WPGSK
Quoting: RedWingsLover69
Ever consider that perhaps the reason guys like Namestikov stick around is because they're offered term? They don't like Winnipeg, it's just that Vlad has played on literally 8 teams in 6.5 years. He likely would play in Tijuana if they offered him 2 years, guy is just sick of moving.

Definitely. No one likes being dumped around the league. But you completely missed the point. Vlad, Nino, Lowry, Ehlers and Morrissey have privately and publicly stated they like WPG, want to be a JET and work really hard. That's what matters.

He didn't have to say that and neither do the rest. But, WPG needs that. If enough players say it and some or many believe it, then maybe it sets a new mindset and belief that guys like E. Kane, Scheifele and others have hurt by their comments and play.

Hey, I grew up in WPG. I didn't stay. If someone gave me the same amount of money to play and live in Nashville, I would go in a heartbeat. I get it.

But, the JETS NEED guys who publicly say they like WPG and want to play there.

Vlad probably still would have been offered the contract based on the fact that he has a chance to play, but nice for WPG that he made some positive comments.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:41 p.m.
Not comparing apples to apples, so your solution is adding a 4 year capdump for similar money and a random 3rd. Eat a little money or take a 4th, if you’re in need to get rid of dillon. Closer to tdl, when some of the money off the books and the interest is up, offer will be better.

Well apples to apples is something that makes up market value. I don't mind the trade deadline idea, could definitely work as well. As bad as Goodrow has been, I don't think the league views him as a pure cap dump. You could definitely let him redefine himself with minutes and a bottom six role and then flip him for assets later on. It might take a little more work and creativity, but this is how you get more bang for your buck rather than just trading Dillon for a 5th or 6th (which is what he's worth honestly).
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:43 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Well apples to apples is something that makes up market value. I don't mind the trade deadline idea, could definitely work as well. As bad as Goodrow has been, I don't think the league views him as a pure cap dump. You could definitely let him redefine himself with minutes and a bottom six role and then flip him for assets later on. It might take a little more work and creativity, but this is how you get more bang for your buck rather than just trading Dillon for a 5th or 6th (which is what he's worth honestly).

With goodrow term, nobody taking him off the rangers hands without something rather shiny, 1 or 2 years he probably has value, but 4 years is a Ton and probably a million too expensive
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:47 p.m.
With goodrow term, nobody taking him off the rangers hands without something rather shiny, 1 or 2 years he probably has value, but 4 years is a Ton and probably a million too expensive

I think the Rangers would buy him out before giving up "something shiny" like a 1st or even 2nd. Gotta remember that the cap is rising drastically in two years so while you have to eat that now (which honestly isn't a worry for WPG), it becomes far less impactful in years 3/4.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 4:50 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I think the Rangers would buy him out before giving up "something shiny" like a 1st or even 2nd. Gotta remember that the cap is rising drastically in two years so while you have to eat that now (which honestly isn't a worry for WPG), it becomes far less impactful in years 3/4.

I just don’t see the rangers doing anything with goodrow other than playing him or buying him out, or possibly end up injured, lot of hard miles on him. He’s probably not waiving to Winnipeg anyway. Don’t mind the idea of a buy low vet, that has been through the battles, just don’t see goodrow being the answer.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 5:17 p.m.
Soggy
Hmmm, if I'm Drury I take that not gonna lie. One year of Dillon vs 4 years of Goodrow is worth it, even with that causing a logjam at 3LD. He has a 15 team NMC tho so its a gimme he has Canada on there.
Jul. 4, 2023 at 5:42 p.m.
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
All historical goalie trades suggest that if Holtz were on the table, the trade would be one for one

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll