$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW, C
UFA
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$3,062,500$3M)
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,650,000$3,650,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 12, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
Seattle may have interest in Nylander (though I personally hope not), and a 1st Rounder is undoubtedly on the table, but seriously doubt Wright is available, and certainly not with a 1st as well.

IMO, the deal Seattle would offer for Nylander would be a roster winger (one of Eberle, Burakovsky, Schwartz, Bjorkstrand, Tolvanen I'm thinking), a prospect, a first rounder, and another pick. No Timmins, no Oleksiak. Again, not my hope, but if happens, what I think Seattle's limit should be.
Jul. 12, 2023 at 4:37 p.m.
Quoting: Quillanrocks
Seattle may have interest in Nylander (though I personally hope not), and a 1st Rounder is undoubtedly on the table, but seriously doubt Wright is available, and certainly not with a 1st as well.

IMO, the deal Seattle would offer for Nylander would be a roster winger (one of Eberle, Burakovsky, Schwartz, Bjorkstrand, Tolvanen I'm thinking), a prospect, a first rounder, and another pick. No Timmins, no Oleksiak. Again, not my hope, but if happens, what I think Seattle's limit should be.

yea Wright is not happening for Seattle I agree. My guess would be Gourde (retained) + Oleksiak + pick (2nd probably?) for Nylander extended
Jul. 12, 2023 at 4:47 p.m.

I think a defenceman has to be part of the trade for the Leafs. And when a team acquires the best player in the trade they have to overpay a little.
Jul. 12, 2023 at 5:03 p.m.
How many LD can we have playing right side?

In all seriousness I know Larsson has excelled in Seattle how has Oleksiak been?
Ryminister_92 liked this.
Jul. 12, 2023 at 5:27 p.m.
Quoting: KingExLeafs
I think a defenceman has to be part of the trade for the Leafs. And when a team acquires the best player in the trade they have to overpay a little.

Trade I proposed is 4 assets for 1, again . . . a roster player, 1st round pick, top prospect, and an additional pick depending on the quality of roster player. Not sure what more you'd expect. (?) If he's that awesome, Toronto should pay him 10 million and just keep him!

A d-man involved makes me like the idea even less, LOL, but who knows . . . I'm not Francis! And pretty sur any deal would most DEFINITELY need to come with a REASONABLE extension in place, and given Nylander's history and current news on that front, acquiring teams probably shouldn't hold their breath!
Jul. 12, 2023 at 5:38 p.m.

Quoting: leafs101
yea Wright is not happening for Seattle I agree. My guess would be Gourde (retained) + Oleksiak + pick (2nd probably?) for Nylander extended

All this Shane Wright hype needs to be toned down. He’s not as untouchable as fans think - he’s not even a top 25 prospect in the league.
Jul. 12, 2023 at 5:40 p.m.
Trade I proposed is 4 assets for 1, again . . . a roster player, 1st round pick, top prospect, and an additional pick depending on the quality of roster player. Not sure what more you'd expect. (?) If he's that awesome, Toronto should pay him 10 million and just keep him!

A d-man involved makes me like the idea even less, LOL, but who knows . . . I'm not Francis! And pretty sur any deal would most DEFINITELY need to come with a REASONABLE extension in place, and given Nylander's history and current news on that front, acquiring teams probably shouldn't hold their breath!

Idk why a defenceman being involved is so funny to you. Why would Toronto trade their best trading asset and not address an area of need? Not to mention that Treliving has been pretty vocal about adding to the defence. It’s almost a guarantee that a defenceman would be involved in a Nylander deal.
LEAFS_FOR_LIFE liked this.
Jul. 12, 2023 at 6:13 p.m.

Make the first a second or the top prospect a second and then make the player a good defensive but not stud d

So oleksiak, a high end but not stud prospect and a first for nylander and a third or something
Jul. 12, 2023 at 6:14 p.m.
Quoting: GreatWhiteNorth
All this Shane Wright hype needs to be toned down. He’s not as untouchable as fans think - he’s not even a top 25 prospect in the league.

He's a year off being a top 5 pick, with long term history expected to be 1st overall. A bit boom or bust, but unlikely a team sells low
Jul. 12, 2023 at 6:23 p.m.
Quoting: BCAPP
He's a year off being a top 5 pick, with long term history expected to be 1st overall. A bit boom or bust, but unlikely a team sells low

I think you just stated the exact problem here - his “long history expected to be 1st overall”. Seems like fans on here are built more on his hype of being given exceptional status to the OHL rather than what he actually is.
There’s a reason he dropped to 4th overall and that’s cause he’s not seen the same way by NHL executives as he is by fans. He didn’t dominate the junior the way he should have as an exceptional status player, combine that with his skating issues and attitude issues and I can tell you personally from talking to some people within the NHL that he’s not as highly regarded as fans seem to think.
He’s not the player he was in minor hockey where he could get by on skill alone. His future is a middle 6 centre, likely 2nd liner with slightly above defensive skill. Which aren’t considered high end prospects at all
KingExLeafs liked this.
Jul. 12, 2023 at 8:18 p.m.
I think you just stated the exact problem here - his “long history expected to be 1st overall”. Seems like fans on here are built more on his hype of being given exceptional status to the OHL rather than what he actually is.
There’s a reason he dropped to 4th overall and that’s cause he’s not seen the same way by NHL executives as he is by fans. He didn’t dominate the junior the way he should have as an exceptional status player, combine that with his skating issues and attitude issues and I can tell you personally from talking to some people within the NHL that he’s not as highly regarded as fans seem to think.
He’s not the player he was in minor hockey where he could get by on skill alone. His future is a middle 6 centre, likely 2nd liner with slightly above defensive skill. Which aren’t considered high end prospects at all

I see where you're coming from but I just don't see an organization selling him now. It's frankly bad asset management to sell him at a low. Better off giving him the chance to see if he can turn it around. His ceiling is still high.
Jul. 12, 2023 at 8:31 p.m.
Idk why a defenceman being involved is so funny to you. Why would Toronto trade their best trading asset and not address an area of need? Not to mention that Treliving has been pretty vocal about adding to the defence. It’s almost a guarantee that a defenceman would be involved in a Nylander deal.

I didn't say that I thought it was "funny" that TO would want a D back and address that area of need . . . just that I like the deal for Seattle EVEN LESS if it means diminishing the d-core. Their PK would likely really take a hit with both Soucy and now Oleksiak gone.

Nylander is great but Seattle's reality is that they are deep on the wing and also had no issues scoring last season. Of course Toronto should look for a deal involving a d-man, but I'm expressing how I see things from Seattle's perspective. We would weaken our d-core and create a bigger logjam at forward. Yes, I suppose another deal could take place, but adding Nylander and a contract that may well be double that of the other forwards on the team doesn't excite ME as much as many Toronto fans think it should. But again, maybe it does Francis!! Guess we'll see.
Jul. 12, 2023 at 8:39 p.m.

If Wright is all hype and not the vaulted prospect Seattle fans make him out to be---for the reasons you went into great detail to outline---then his return in a trade for Nylander, such as the one posted in this ACGM, must be tremendously underwhelming for you and so many Leafs fans. Perhaps the lot of you will stop suggesting trading for him then!! Lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll