Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$925,000
Trades
NSH
  1. 2025 2nd round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
No Boeser, Beau, or Garland. Just give us a pick.
VAN
  1. Fabbro, Dante
Additional Details:
Cost controlled, can play top 4 minutes and an expiring RFA.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$73,243,365$0$352,500$10,256,635
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,185,000$3,185,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C
UFA - 1
$797,500$797,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
RFA - 2
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
C
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,857,143$2,857,143
C, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,059,000$9,059,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 21, 2023 at 4:38 p.m.
Canucks pass. Not giving up a second for a 3RD
Knuckl3s liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 4:41 p.m.
Quoting: Warpbox
Canucks pass. Not giving up a second for a 3RD

3RHD is crazy considering he's infinitely better than Myers at a fraction of the price.
Just_A_Guess, AEcho, gmgb and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 4:55 p.m.
Quoting: Ennis
3RHD is crazy considering he's infinitely better than Myers at a fraction of the price.

It's even funnier since every VAN ACGM that trades for Fabbro ends up putting him in the 1 RD position lol
Ennis, AEcho, gmgb and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 4:56 p.m.
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
It's even funnier since every VAN ACGM that trades for Fabbro ends up putting him in the 1 RD position lol

You mean all 2,647 of them?
Just_A_Guess, gmgb, GeauxPreds1 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:13 p.m.
You mean all 2,647 of them?

Only to be soon surpassed by toronto agms sending brodie to nashville
Ennis, Just_A_Guess, gmgb and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:16 p.m.
Quoting: herzausstein
Only to be soon surpassed by toronto agms sending brodie to nashville

Those just started. The Fabbro to Van trades have been going on for YEARS. I wouldn't mind sending him there if it's for a pick, not a cap dump
gmgb, GeauxPreds1 and herzausstein liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:18 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Just_A_Guess

Just because he would be 1RHD on the Canucks, doesn't mean he is 1RHD. Canucks paid a 5th round pick for Ethan Bear with retention and he was on our 1st pair. Try again
Knuckl3s liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:20 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan

Canucks paid a 5th round pick for Ethan Bear who was literally better than Fabbro last year. Canes even had to retain. A 2nd round pick is approximately 8 times more valuable than a 5th round pick. What makes Fabbro 8 times more valuable than Ethan Bear?
Knuckl3s liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:21 p.m.
Quoting: Juiceman
Just because he would be 1RHD on the Canucks, doesn't mean he is 1RHD. Canucks paid a 5th round pick for Ethan Bear with retention and he was on our 1st pair. Try again

? Canucks fans are weirdly salty for no reason. I see at least 25 "Fabbro to Van" trades a day, and the one I post gets backlash.

Fabbro can play anywhere in the top 4, and is miles better than Myers. Cost controlled and expiring RFA. Vancouver doesn't have to pay a 2nd for him, but somebody else will.
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:22 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
? Canucks fans are weirdly salty for no reason. I see at least 25 "Fabbro to Van" trades a day, and the one I post gets backlash.

Fabbro can play anywhere in the top 4, and is miles better than Myers. Cost controlled and expiring RFA. Vancouver doesn't have to pay a 2nd for him, but somebody else will.

Just because they post it a lot, doesn't make it realistic. Same with Brodie to Vancouver for a 2nd when the Canucks have no cap space to do it anyway. Somebody else can go overpay for Fabbro. Fabbro has shown nothing to suggest he is worth a 2nd. Also, being miles better than Myers is not really an accomplishment.
Knuckl3s, Warpbox and majormoose007 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
Just because they post it a lot, doesn't make it realistic. Same with Brodie to Vancouver for a 2nd when the Canucks have no cap space to do it anyway. Somebody else can go overpay for Fabbro. Fabbro has shown nothing to suggest he is worth a 2nd. Also, being miles better than Myers is not really an accomplishment.

Canucks paid a 5th round pick for Ethan Bear who was literally better than Fabbro last year. Canes even had to retain. A 2nd round pick is approximately 8 times more valuable than a 5th round pick. What makes Fabbro 8 times more valuable than Ethan Bear?

"Fabbro has shown nothing to suggest he is worth a 2nd" Fabbro is a great transition defender and had a genuine top 4 defensive impact last season. He's worth 2.5 and is an expiring RFA. A second is a pretty fair asking price.
The Bear comparable is weird considering you paid a 5th for what was essentially a 7th D before you acquired him. You took a gamble. If you want to do that again from some other team, go for it.

And if Bear was as good as you're making him out to be, the Canucks would have found space to resign him and waited until he was over his injury to return. Yeah, so good he walked to FA and is still unsigned lmfao.
gmgb liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
"Fabbro has shown nothing to suggest he is worth a 2nd" Fabbro is a great transition defender and had a genuine top 4 defensive impact last season. He's worth 2.5 and is an expiring RFA. A second is a pretty fair asking price.
The Bear comparable is weird considering you paid a 5th for what was essentially a 7th D before you acquired him. You took a gamble. If you want to do that again from some other team, go for it.

And if Bear was as good as you're making him out to be, the Canucks would have found space to resign him and waited until he was over his injury to return. Yeah, so good he walked to FA and is still unsigned lmfao.

Everything you just stated, Ethan Bear had those same qualities. Ethan Bear is a better player than Fabbro, plain and simple. Also had retention. Still not justifying how Fabbro is 8 times more valuable than Bear. Whenever you come up with a lame justification, let me know. Also you are clearly out of touch because the only reason Bear isn't signed is because he had an injury that will put him out until next year. Maybe try doing some research before saying stuff you don't even understand

Also, the analytics don't agree with him having a top 4 impact. In fact, the fact that he is an offensive blackhole actually outweighs his defensive abilities. He had a -WAR and -GAR meaning he was below replacement level
Knuckl3s liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:38 p.m.
Banned

Fabbro doesn't produce a ton of offense nor does he take on top opposition matchups. If a defender does neither of those things, they can't be branded as top four caliber. Try again
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:41 p.m.
Everything you just stated, Ethan Bear had those same qualities. Ethan Bear is a better player than Fabbro, plain and simple. Also had retention. Still not justifying how Fabbro is 8 times more valuable than Bear. Whenever you come up with a lame justification, let me know. Also you are clearly out of touch because the only reason Bear isn't signed is because he had an injury that will put him out until next year. Maybe try doing some research before saying stuff you don't even understand

If this is how you want to spin the narrative to fit your argument, I won't hold you. No idea why you're so salty about this conversation. Sheesh, I touch a nerve?

Bear is expected to miss a few months, but be back around Christmas time. If he was so good, teams wouldn't mind waiting and they'd sign him. I'm sure Vancouver management would have loved to give that 1.9m to bear instead of a 4C Teddy Blueger.

Also, Fabbro is much better than when you traded a 5th for Bear. I don't really care if you disagree, nor do I care if you don't think Fabbro is worth a 2nd. He is. And if Bear was so good, he'd be signed and on LTIR until he comes back. You know, like teams do with good players? Lol. Really going hard in the paint to defend a dman who your team didn't even bother to sign.

But keep crying because I traded Fabbro for your 2025 second.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Fabbro doesn't produce a ton of offense nor does he take on top opposition matchups. If a defender does neither of those things, they can't be branded as top four caliber. Try again

Wow, it's almost as if generating offense isn't his job. Myers doesn't do that either, but he's there.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:46 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
If this is how you want to spin the narrative to fit your argument, I won't hold you. No idea why you're so salty about this conversation. Sheesh, I touch a nerve?

Bear is expected to miss a few months, but be back around Christmas time. If he was so good, teams wouldn't mind waiting and they'd sign him. I'm sure Vancouver management would have loved to give that 1.9m to bear instead of a 4C Teddy Blueger.

Also, Fabbro is much better than when you traded a 5th for Bear. I don't really care if you disagree, nor do I care if you don't think Fabbro is worth a 2nd. He is. And if Bear was so good, he'd be signed and on LTIR until he comes back. You know, like teams do with good players? Lol. Really going hard in the paint to defend a dman who your team didn't even bother to sign.

Salty about what? You overrating hyour players? I couldn't care less. I'm being realistic. You still have not justified how Fabbro is 8 times more valuable than Bear with retention. Also, yes signing Blueger instead of Bear who is going to be out until next year makes a lot of sense. No point in paying someone who can't play. I'm not saying Bear is super super good, but he is simply better than Fabbro who has been playing sheltered minutes and posting only ok results
Knuckl3s and Warpbox liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:46 p.m.
Banned

Bear will be missing training camp, it's not like his game will be back up to speed as soon as he returns from injury. Obviously Bear's camp wants more money and maybe more term than Vancouver thinks would make for a responsible commitment. Secondly, you have no argument for why Fabbro has more value than Bear did at the time he was traded from Carolina, so if anybody is salty here, it's you. Lastly, WHY WOULD YOU PAY A PLAYER WHEN YOU KNOW THEY'RE GOING TO BE ON IR OR LTIR FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME? That makes no sense
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:47 p.m.
Banned
Wow, it's almost as if generating offense isn't his job. Myers doesn't do that either, but he's there.

Myers would look like a more competent defender if he played less minutes, just like Fabbro does
Jul. 21, 2023 at 5:50 p.m.
Bear will be missing training camp, it's not like his game will be back up to speed as soon as he returns from injury. Obviously Bear's camp wants more money and maybe more term than Vancouver thinks would make for a responsible commitment. Secondly, you have no argument for why Fabbro has more value than Bear did at the time he was traded from Carolina, so if anybody is salty here, it's you. Lastly, WHY WOULD YOU PAY A PLAYER WHEN YOU KNOW THEY'RE GOING TO BE ON IR OR LTIR FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME? That makes no sense

Bear struggled in the 2RHD role in Carolina when he was traded. Had he of fit their needs and their system they wouldn't have been so keen to move him for scraps. Same reason why the Oilers let him go for a 4th liner. But suddenly a few month injury is the sole reason nobody has signed him, but he's so much better than Fabbro. Yeah, sure lmfao.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 6:18 p.m.
Banned
Bear struggled in the 2RHD role in Carolina when he was traded. Had he of fit their needs and their system they wouldn't have been so keen to move him for scraps. Same reason why the Oilers let him go for a 4th liner. But suddenly a few month injury is the sole reason nobody has signed him, but he's so much better than Fabbro. Yeah, sure lmfao.

Bear was a poor stylistic fit in Carolina, that's why his stock dropped. Edmonton only traded him because they had higher ambitions for their back end. Again, paying a player when you know they're not going to be available to play makes absolutely no sense. He can sign a contract IN SEASON you know
Jul. 21, 2023 at 6:19 p.m.

He's 10x worse then Hronek and Canucks have either Soucy or Cole to have as their 1RD. I'd like Dante Fabbro but exclusively as a cheap depth add, not giving up a high pick for him.

All the Canucks AGMs with him as 1RD is purely too add depth. You stable a Dman to Hughes that can hold his own and allow Cole or Soucy to hold down a third pair.
Knuckl3s and majormoose007 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 7:29 p.m.
Lets go Preds
Hmmm how bout we just keep fabbro and see if he can develop in to better defenseman. Fabbro for whatever reason was in Hynes doghouse the whole time he was there. When he was forced to play him on the top pairing with josi 2 years ago he was the defensive rock that allowed josi to break out. I’d like to see how the new coach uses him.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 7:31 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: GeauxPreds1
Hmmm how bout we just keep fabbro and see if he can develop in to better defenseman. Fabbro for whatever reason was in Hynes doghouse the whole time he was there. When he was forced to play him on the top pairing with josi 2 years ago he was the defensive rock that allowed josi to break out. I’d like to see how the new coach uses him.

Probably what will happen, just tired of your fellow Preds fans demanding a high pick for the player
Jul. 21, 2023 at 7:49 p.m.
Lets go Preds
Probably what will happen, just tired of your fellow Preds fans demanding a high pick for the player

I think that’s honestly what trotz would want back fro him though. Would he get it is a question none of us knows because gms get desperate. Hell we got a 2nd for granlund during a down year from him.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 8:06 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: GeauxPreds1
I think that’s honestly what trotz would want back fro him though. Would he get it is a question none of us knows because gms get desperate. Hell we got a 2nd for granlund during a down year from him.

You got a 2nd for Granlund because Hextall was an idiot, and now he's out of a job. Trotz ain't getting a 2nd for Fabbro from any GM in their right mind

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll