SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Chicago need offense to play with Bedard

Created by: Bee
Published: Aug. 1, 2023 at 12:38 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Jones, SethChicago BlackhawksNHL-$9,448,925011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Laine, PatrikColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$8,653,226011---0000--
Bean, JakeColumbus Blue JacketsIR-$2,320,788011---0000--
Boqvist, AdamColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$2,586,022011---0000--
Pinelli, LucaColumbus Blue JacketsReserve List-$0001---------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$12,864,87621407151211
Change-$4,111,111123000
Final$8,753,765 (↓)22 (↑)42 (↑)74 (↑)51211000

Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Laine, PatrikColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$8,653,226011---0000--
Bean, JakeColumbus Blue JacketsIR-$2,320,788011---0000--
Boqvist, AdamColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$2,586,022011---0000--
Pinelli, LucaColumbus Blue JacketsReserve List-$0001---------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Jones, SethChicago BlackhawksNHL-$9,448,925011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$4,729,1672144623612
Change$4,111,111-1-2-3000
Final$8,840,278 (↑)20 (↓)42 (↓)59 (↓)3612000
Aug. 1, 2023 at 12:47 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
They're certainly not getting it through a trade like this.
penguinswin, BoomerTheHero, PantsOffnJacket and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 1:09 a.m.
Nothing that really interests me in this deal as a Hawks fan. Hawks pass imo. Jones doesn’t waive anyway.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 2:35 a.m.
Even if Columbus wanted Jones back they wouldn't pay that for him. Jones wouldn't waive for Columbus anyhow after all he forced them to trade him away in the first place because he wouldn't extend with them.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 8:23 a.m.
hahahaha….HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
penguinswin and BoomerTheHero liked this.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 10:59 a.m.
Quoting: thesaadfather
Nothing that really interests me in this deal as a Hawks fan. Hawks pass imo. Jones doesn’t waive anyway.

You have got to be kidding me right? if this actually went down Columbus GM is getting fired over this trade
Aug. 1, 2023 at 11:43 a.m.
Fire J.D. too
When did Jones become good again? Must have missed it...as far as I know he's disappeared since getting his big money.
Bee liked this.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 12:45 p.m.
Quoting: PeterGriffin
You have got to be kidding me right? if this actually went down Columbus GM is getting fired over this trade

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean that it's any good for Chicago. Boqvist doesn't fit the mold of what the Hawks seem to want from their young Dmen. Bean was hurt all last year, and his analytics were underwhelming when he did play. Not to say he's a bad player, I think if he gets healthy and plays in a good system he's a good player. But the Hawks have young D that need NHL time and he blocks them. Laine is undoubtedly a great player, but he's missed 20+ games each of the last two years. Plus, if it comes down to Laine vs Jones, Jones is going to be much more beneficial for the Hawks going forward as a mentor for their young players. The Hawks have competent vets at forward to lineup with Bedard in Hall, AA, etc. On D, the only competent vet they have outside Jones is Murphy. It just really makes no sense at all for them now or in the future.
Quoting: PantsOffnJacket
When did Jones become good again? Must have missed it...as far as I know he's disappeared since getting his big money.

After he left Columbus.
https://imgur.com/a/Rre0jAx
Aug. 1, 2023 at 12:49 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
Maybe so, but that doesn't mean that it's any good for Chicago. Boqvist doesn't fit the mold of what the Hawks seem to want from their young Dmen. Bean was hurt all last year, and his analytics were underwhelming when he did play. Not to say he's a bad player, I think if he gets healthy and plays in a good system he's a good player. But the Hawks have young D that need NHL time and he blocks them. Laine is undoubtedly a great player, but he's missed 20+ games each of the last two years. Plus, if it comes down to Laine vs Jones, Jones is going to be much more beneficial for the Hawks going forward as a mentor for their young players. The Hawks have competent vets at forward to lineup with Bedard in Hall, AA, etc. On D, the only competent vet they have outside Jones is Murphy. It just really makes no sense at all for them now or in the future.

After he left Columbus.

HA. Stats say otherwise.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 12:55 p.m.
Quoting: PantsOffnJacket
HA. Stats say otherwise.

You're going to have to be more specific.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 1:13 p.m.

After he left Columbus.

Bedard is a generational talent of Laine, unreal shot, great hands. They would compliment each other so good. What is it that they want from there young dmen, a mobile point producing dman at 22 years of age? i must be stupid but isnt that what every team is lookin for? (Kevin Korchinski is a mobile point producing dman so might as well trade him too) Bean is mid af.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
Quoting: PeterGriffin
Bedard is a generational talent of Laine, unreal shot, great hands. They would compliment each other so good. What is it that they want from there young dmen, a mobile point producing dman at 22 years of age? i must be stupid but isnt that what every team is lookin for? (Kevin Korchinski is a mobile point producing dman so might as well trade him too) Bean is mid af.

Again, Laine is a good player and would be a good fit with Bedard, but they already have Hall as a vet and have some really good young forwards coming up over the next few years. He's just not as much of a need as Jones.

Boqvist is certainly still an interesting young player with some potential. Unfortunately, he's not particularly big, he's not good defensively, and he's had consistent injury issues throughout his career. The Hawks seem to value high-end skating and size in their young Dmen. Now they're certainly willing to overlook player flaws if the talent is undeniable in other areas, but I don't think that's the case with Boqvist. He's certainly shown that he can produce offense, but I don't think he's shown enough consistency and high end talent in that area to make up for his shortcomings in other areas. He still could, but it's not a bet I'm willing to make if I'm Kyle Davidson. Korchinski is a similar player in many respects, but I'd personally be pretty disappointed if he's in the same place Boqvist is in a few years.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 1:51 p.m.
Again, Laine is a good player and would be a good fit with Bedard, but they already have Hall as a vet and have some really good young forwards coming up over the next few years. He's just not as much of a need as Jones.

Boqvist is certainly still an interesting young player with some potential. Unfortunately, he's not particularly big, he's not good defensively, and he's had consistent injury issues throughout his career. The Hawks seem to value high-end skating and size in their young Dmen. Now they're certainly willing to overlook player flaws if the talent is undeniable in other areas, but I don't think that's the case with Boqvist. He's certainly shown that he can produce offense, but I don't think he's shown enough consistency and high end talent in that area to make up for his shortcomings in other areas. He still could, but it's not a bet I'm willing to make if I'm Kyle Davidson. Korchinski is a similar player in many respects, but I'd personally be pretty disappointed if he's in the same place Boqvist is in a few years.

The hawks need right now is develop Bedard not anything else. Hall is a good start but hes the only person who can really help him, give him someone who can really let him show his abilities. For sure be disappointed if Korchinski is where Boqvist is, I'm just saying he is going to be a 2-5 mil dman who can produce and skate he does indeed need to find a way to stay healthy because it has killed him for sure.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll