3.Hellebuyck
4.Vladar
5.Gibson
6.Desmith
7.Allen
8.Kahkonen
9.Comrie
10.Blackwood

I think Grier will be heavily shopping one of the two younger goalies, using their last retention spot on Kahkonen.

The Flames are quite the circus right now, literally anything can happen, except for the Huberdeau and Markatrom contracts being moved. I see a goalie swap like Comrie to Calgary or something.

Habs can leverage one of Allen or Desmith, I'd rather keep Desmith.

Feel free to tell me off, but one thing that's true is this year's goalie market is gonna be an interesting one. Imo, Briere keeps and builds around Hart, and Winnipeg has a yard sale.

SO MANY MID TEAMS NEXT YEAR
Nashville, Winnipeg, St.Louis, Washington, Columbus, Boston, Detroit.
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
10$83,500,000$31,745,667$0$0$51,754,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$3,979,000$3,979,000
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$2,725,000$2,725,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 8, 2023 at 3:38 a.m.
Banned
U think Buffalo should be interested in a goalie,
but we have one of your top10 based on contract & value

That’s a bit contradictory, is it not?
Aug. 8, 2023 at 4:06 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Best case scenario for the Jackets is Elvis and/or Tarasov becoming solid options. They brought in a new HC, new goalie coach, and two top 4 defensive options to try to give them as good of a chance as possible to turn it around. If things don't improve this year then there will be goalie options available next year too that they'll likely pursue.

Why in the world would Tampa be in the market for a goalie when they have Vasilevskiy locked up for 5 more years?

Buffalo are gonna give it a go with the options they have and hope they bridge them to when Levi is ready to take over the starter role if he isn't already.

Florida has $10M locked up in Bobrovsky already. Dunno how they fit anything more than a backup into that situation. Maybe they can send him somewhere next summer when he has to submit his 16 team list instead of having a full NMC, but I imagine that will still be difficult and incredible expensive to do.

Ottawa *just* signed Korpisalo. They're set for now.

Minnesota has a stellar option in Gustavsson. They also don't have the money to spend on more goalies until probably 25-26 when their dead cap situation improves significantly.

Arizona trading away their goalie doesn't make too much sense when they're just starting to bring their team together.

The rest of the teams and goalie options make sense imo.
Rob32sjsharks liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 4:21 a.m.
I think Grier rides these two to a 1st OA pick!
If anything he will be looking for a 23/24 year old or younger AHL guy who is blocked at the NHL level that could become our future starter ( posibly Knight from Florida, Bussi from Boston or Wallstedt from Min) depending on player profile could see a prospect like Bordeleau plus a 2nd or a later 1st dangled. But we will see.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 4:23 a.m.
Quoting: AntiAnalytics

If you don’t think a legit starter couldn’t help Buffalo I would take a closer look.
MontysPython liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 4:41 a.m.
Quoting: dk325
Best case scenario for the Jackets is Elvis and/or Tarasov becoming solid options. They brought in a new HC, new goalie coach, and two top 4 defensive options to try to give them as good of a chance as possible to turn it around. If things don't improve this year then there will be goalie options available next year too that they'll likely pursue.

Why in the world would Tampa be in the market for a goalie when they have Vasilevskiy locked up for 5 more years?

Buffalo are gonna give it a go with the options they have and hope they bridge them to when Levi is ready to take over the starter role if he isn't already.

Florida has $10M locked up in Bobrovsky already. Dunno how they fit anything more than a backup into that situation. Maybe they can send him somewhere next summer when he has to submit his 16 team list instead of having a full NMC, but I imagine that will still be difficult and incredible expensive to do.

Ottawa *just* signed Korpisalo. They're set for now.

Minnesota has a stellar option in Gustavsson. They also don't have the money to spend on more goalies until probably 25-26 when their dead cap situation improves significantly.

Arizona trading away their goalie doesn't make too much sense when they're just starting to bring their team together.

The rest of the teams and goalie options make sense imo.

This is my assessment albeit not a well researched one so don't go crazy on me

Min has a future star in Wallstedt almost NHL ready, so I’m curious if they shop Fleury or Gustavsson for a nice haul or do they stay patient.

Calgary has Wolf who will be starter by seasons end IMO
They need to move one of their vets.

Arizona could use a better option in net.

Anaheim needs to move Gibson and figure out their future.

Sharks & Chicago aren’t in the market for a vet net-minder… yet they are too early in their rebuilds.

Florida needs to figure out Knight. And I’d Bobby back or is he washed up.

LA needs a legit starter but have no cap space.

Seattle Vancouver Columbus either need their starters to rebound or search for new options.

Montreal and Toronto and Ottawa need to figure out if their long term answer is in house or trade/ sign one.

Carolina needs to start looking for Anderson replacement soon here.

Vegas needs to do something about Lehner and hope Hill wasn’t a fluke.

Colorado is still not 100% Georgiev is the future but last year looked really good.

Philly and Winnipeg need to resign their guys or move them and start over.

St. Louis has issues and could use a fresh start.

Edmonton has a good young guy but an albatross vet that could be one of the worst signings in a while.

Only teams set at goalie that don’t need to move a guy or add are: Boston,Tampa, NYR, NYI, Nashville, Dallas.
dk325 and MontysPython liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 5:04 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks

Min has a future star in Wallstedt almost NHL ready, so I’m curious if they shop Fleury or Gustavsson for a nice haul or do they stay patient.

Sharks & Chicago aren’t in the market for a vet net-minder… yet they are too early in their rebuilds.

Seattle Vancouver Columbus either need their starters to rebound or search for new options.

Montreal and Toronto and Ottawa need to figure out if their long term answer is in house or trade/ sign one.

Colorado is still not 100% Georgiev is the future but last year looked really good.

Edmonton has a good young guy but an albatross vet that could be one of the worst signings in a while.

Only teams set at goalie that don’t need to move a guy or add are: Boston,Tampa, NYR, NYI, Nashville, Dallas.

A lot of those teams might not be happy with their goaltending situation, but their hands are tied with what they've got currently. If we were talking long term, I think you've pretty well summed up most of these teams and what they should be doing. I think this conversation is about where the goalie market is this summer though so there are probably only a few teams that realistically might take a shot at any of the guys that OP listed.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 5:51 a.m.
Banned
If you don’t think a legit starter couldn’t help Buffalo I would take a closer look.

I never said the Sabres don’t need a legit starter, did i???
Aug. 8, 2023 at 5:58 a.m.
Confused why you've got Tanpa listed here. They're just gonna continue what they have been doing, spam Vasi for 60 games and have a meh ~1 mil vet behind him.
MontysPython liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 7:32 a.m.
You know nothing JS
The available goalie list is ok (I would add Stolarz), but the demand on the market will be way slimmer. TB and Minnesota are set considering they cant add salary. BUF, DET and Florida already have 3 goalies. OTT is set IMO.
MontysPython liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 8:51 a.m.
Danny B is here

This bro this might be one of the most ridiculous takes on here from Buffalo fans. I hope Levi comes in eventually and does well just for his sake because Buffalo fans think he is Shesterkin already and the kid hasn’t touched the NHL ice yet. Setting this kid up for failure with absolutely massive expectations
Aug. 8, 2023 at 9:29 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
When Calgary trades Vladar, it's to clear cap space and a roster spit for Wolf, not take another goalie back
Aug. 8, 2023 at 12:12 p.m.
Quoting: dk325
A lot of those teams might not be happy with their goaltending situation, but their hands are tied with what they've got currently. If we were talking long term, I think you've pretty well summed up most of these teams and what they should be doing. I think this conversation is about where the goalie market is this summer though so there are probably only a few teams that realistically might take a shot at any of the guys that OP listed.

That’s kinda what I was getting at.
While only a few teams are truly “happy” with their situation in net, only a few really have the opportunity to change things before the start of the season. I do expect more changes by the TDL
MontysPython liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 12:13 p.m.
I never said the Sabres don’t need a legit starter, did i???

Sorry it kind of sounded like you were content
MontysPython liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 12:58 p.m.

I think the price to get one kind of defeats the point. It's pretty clear based on roster construction they have no problem punting this year by letting Comrie and Luukkonen get shelled.
AntiAnalytics and MontysPython liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 2:01 p.m.
Quoting: Stadel
I think the price to get one kind of defeats the point. It's pretty clear based on roster construction they have no problem punting this year by letting Comrie and Luukkonen get shelled.

I get that. Okay the long game but this team could be really good except for goal
Aug. 8, 2023 at 2:15 p.m.
Banned
Sorry it kind of sounded like you were content

There just isn’t much out there that makes sense for us
Goalies like Allen from MTL or DeSmith or Gibson even just don’t work for us
Aug. 8, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
There just isn’t much out there that makes sense for us
Goalies like Allen from MTL or DeSmith or Gibson even just don’t work for us

DON’T go for those guys! Buffalo needs a Hart, a Hellybuck, or the better option would be a Fleury or Anderson to start for a year or two before the good young goalies you have can take the reins. Actually an older but still good vet might be the better option since I think Buffalo has 2 guys with potential quality starter ceilings
Aug. 8, 2023 at 2:28 p.m.
Banned
DON’T go for those guys! Buffalo needs a Hart, a Hellybuck, or the better option would be a Fleury or Anderson to start for a year or two before the good young goalies you have can take the reins. Actually an older but still good vet might be the better option since I think Buffalo has 2 guys with potential quality starter ceilings

Hart has has 3 mediocre years in a row- pass on him as well

Hellebuyck doesn’t make sense either, as we aren’t gonna give a 29year old the extension he wants

Fleury i think might be toast
Andersson works for me, but would CAR move him to us?

Best options I’ve seen on here lately have been Ullmark from Boston or Vanacek from Jersey, but like Carolina, i doubt either of those teams help us out with a goalie
Aug. 8, 2023 at 6:39 p.m.
Player Model Maker
Edited Aug. 8, 2023 at 6:50 p.m.

Some teams look for a starter, some look for a 1B/backup idk how many of these goalies are top of the league in your opinion. If I was just doing starters, it'd be a much shorter list. This is starters and backups combined, and tradability is a big factor. Gibson is a commodity for a team looking for a pricey starter, but there are more teams looking for 1Bs or backups like Tampa to rest their starter.

edit: I apologize, I thought you'd meant they were not interested in any goalies
Aug. 8, 2023 at 6:44 p.m.
Player Model Maker
Edited Aug. 8, 2023 at 6:51 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
The available goalie list is ok (I would add Stolarz), but the demand on the market will be way slimmer. TB and Minnesota are set considering they cant add salary. BUF, DET and Florida already have 3 goalies. OTT is set IMO.

yup, it's top 10, Stolarz would be here as a pure swap. Lots of these are here bc many teams are kinda looking uncomfortable. I mean, if you want to compete you're gonna run Stolarz and Bob(whose already quite unreliable). Same thing with Tampa(Johansson only played 3 games last year, which is vastly different from the seasoned vet awful backups they've had. A 3-20 game jump is more than we think it is for goalies.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 6:46 p.m.
Player Model Maker

agreed on pretty much everything, however that Carolina situation is looking much more crazy. Kochetkov will likely replace Raanta, and Anderson is probably sticking around for a year or two. After that, the market will be wildly different.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 6:47 p.m.
Player Model Maker
Quoting: Gmonwy
When Calgary trades Vladar, it's to clear cap space and a roster spit for Wolf, not take another goalie back

unless it's a Stolarz type goalie. Sort of a 3rd string vet guy who can come up if needed. That's what I was getting at. Could definitely see a Stolarz and picks for Vladar move.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 7:19 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Mglgoalie33
Some teams look for a starter, some look for a 1B/backup idk how many of these goalies are top of the league in your opinion. If I was just doing starters, it'd be a much shorter list. This is starters and backups combined, and tradability is a big factor. Gibson is a commodity for a team looking for a pricey starter, but there are more teams looking for 1Bs or backups like Tampa to rest their starter.

edit: I apologize, I thought you'd meant they were not interested in any goalies

Hellebuyck is the ONLY guy on your list I’d be interested in
But i just don’t see the Sabres trading for him
I don’t think we’d be willing to give him the extension he wants at his age

It’s not ideal, but i think we just go with the kids this year (& Comrie) and see how it goes
Maybe we get a goalie mid season if our trio isn’t doing well
Or maybe we look at UFAs after the season?
Aug. 8, 2023 at 10:47 p.m.
I get that. Okay the long game but this team could be really good except for goal

I think last year kinda fooled some people cause the of the run at the end. its still at least 2 years away
Aug. 8, 2023 at 10:49 p.m.
Quoting: Stadel
I think last year kinda fooled some people cause the of the run at the end. its still at least 2 years away

No it really isn’t! Your top 6 is strong with a bunch of up and coming D this could be NJD 2.0 as early as next season! If they add a Goalie and a solid vet D I see this year as a playoff contender.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll